1.5

1.5

Pros

Cons

• Side Effects:

Hartz seems to work well for our area.

Hartz has done a find job of providing Well Being products for all of our 7 animals with regards to their flea and tick repellants. As far as we know, our 8 year old dog has never had any issues with heart worms or other insect related diseases and we have used Hartz for years without problems. The animals, we feel, are well protected and we feel confident in our choice for protection of our outside animals here in Texas.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients seem to do exactly what they are suppose to do....keep flies, ticks and mosquitos away as to prevent parasitic infestations. We use the product as instructed and hope that Hartz has researched their products well enough that we can use them on our animals safely. We trust the ingredients on our 3 cats and 4 dogs.

Side Effects
There is only one drawback that we witness and that's the animals running around with a greasy streak on their backs for some time. Even though we get it to the skin, there always seems to be a "ridgeback" affect for about three days. Past that, we have had no other problems with the products from Hartz.

Flee from the Hartz Flea Medicine!

My husband and I wanted to experiment with a lower cost alternative to the expensive flea drops from the veterinarian. After seeing advertisements for the Hartz Flea & Tick medicine we decided to pick up a package from our local Wal-Mart. We liked the availability in that we did not need to order it or make a trip to the vet. The price was nice. However, it didn't take long to realize that purchasing this product was a mistake. The **Hartz Advanced Care 4 in One Flea Drops Plus** comes with 3 vials in a package. It has a nice baby powder type of scent and putting it on the dog is easy. You just squeeze the contents of the vial from the back of the neck to the tail and you're done. According to the package, the medicine will "*efficiently kill and repel fleas, flea eggs, ticks and mosquitos.*" It is supposed to be specially formulated to break the flea life cycle and keep your pet pest free for up to a month. Three treatments were included. Not only did the product not work but within two weeks our dog was scratching ferociously. In another week fleas were jumping from him to our children. Thinking that we didn't do as good a job in treating our dog as I thought I reapplied the medication two weeks after the first treatment. That helped some but we still had a problem. Ultimately, we wound up having to go back to our previous product. By this time we were in such a state that we also had to have our entire home and yard treated with flea killing medicine. It was a mess. Getting rid of the fleas turned out to be time consuming and cost us much more money than we ever saved by trying to use a lower cost product. I do not recommend this product and would not consider using it again.

will never buy again

About Me Practical

Pros

Cons

• doesnt work for fleas

Comments about Hartz 3 in 1 Control Collar Flea and Tick Repellent:

Hartz 3 in 1 flea and tick collar doesn't work at all. It does nothing at all to repel or kill fleas and ticks. I live in an area where fleas and ticks are very heavy and they are becoming harder and harder to control and get rid of from pets and homes. I tried the collars before flea season kicked in this year and the collars didn't stop our animals from becoming flea infested. I have been trying to find products that will protect our cats and dogs from fleas, but won't cost me a fortune. We have 3 dogs and 6 cats and the flea problems can get very expensive. I figured the hartz collars wouldn't work because of fact that most every hartz product I've tried hasn't held up to claims. Hertz products are easy to find in most grocery stores and shopping centers. They are much cheaper then the other brands but unfortunately with flea control it seems that you get what you pay for. I have noticed any of the topical flea products that work cost a fortune and they are hard to get without visiting a vetrinarian. I suggest skipping the collars all together and going for the topical flea prevention. They are costly especially if you have multiple pets but in the end it's worth it to avoid becoming infested with fleas. The best thing to do is make sure it doesn't become a problem or its very hard to get rid of them and also expensive. Fleas are tough little buggars and they do put up quite a fight when it comes to getting rid of them. I hate to spend money where I don't have to, but with fleas I've been shown time and again that the cheaper the product the less effective it is. I hope eventually a company will come out with a line of flea products that will work great with a low price but until then I will have to spend more money. Hartz products are super affordable even with multiple pets, but rarely do the products work. They make lots of flea and tick stuff but as someone who's tried them take my word for it and skip them even though they are so cheap! It's not worth it.

• Was this a gift?:

Collar Shouldn't Even Be Sold!

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Hartz 3 in 1 Control Collar Flea and Tick Repellent:

When we first bought our dog and brought it home, little did we know how bad his fleas were. Soon our house wasn't only infested, so were our three poor cats. At first we bought all three cats flea collars and our new puppy this dog collar and other Hartz flea medication. This did nothing to the fleas, I actually found one flea crawling on the collar. I know the old saying, you get what you pay for, but why sell something like this that doesn't do anything to fleas. I don't believe that this would even prevent fleas and ticks. If it cannot kill fleas and ticks, it's not going to prevent them either. I finally just bought Advantix, it worked quickly but at a very high price.

Quality of Ingredients
      The ingredients are either too weak to work well, or the ingredient combination isn't good enough to work. After I put this on my dog, I saw a flea crawling on it. I wondered how it could repel fleas if a flea would actually crawl on it. Although it didn't work, it still irritated my dogs skin, not sure why. My dog developed an itchy rash and I will never buy another collar from Hartz again.

Side Effects
      My developed an itchy rash. I'm not sure if all collars are like this or if my dog is just sensitive. I would never suggest buying Hartz and highly recommend staying away from the flea collars. It didn't work and irritated my dogs skin for nothing!

• Quality of Ingredients:
      • Side Effects:

If My Dog Could Talk He Would Say Thank You!

Comments about Hartz 3 in 1 Control Collar Flea and Tick Repellent:

In my area in the south we have had warmer winters and the bugs breed like crazy in the spring. Being a pet owner I try to do what helps my pets. I am the owner of a 2 beautiful dogs who are inside pets. I started to notice I had a problem when both of my dogs scratched and chewed on their tails after going outside. I know how fast an animal can pick up fleas and ticks so I went into action. I bathed both of them in a flea and tick shampoo and bought both of them a Hartz Flea & Tick Collar. The collar is adjustable and I was able to cut the remainder on my 10 pound dog's collar to fit him perfect. I already had a collar on both of them and this one fit perfect in combination with their regular tagged collar. The collar is thin and has a fragrance to it but it's not a bad scent. I've used flea collars before and didn't have much luck but I feel when used in combination of bathing with flea and tick shampoo I noticed how this collar helped repel fleas and ticks. Within a week I noticed my dogs weren't scratching and I checked their coats to see if I could see anything. I did see a flea or 2 but it was no where near the amount they had before the collar and bath. Now the packaging says the collar will work for up to 7 months, I won't take that chance, I replace my dogs flea and tick collar every month or 2. This isn't a cure but it defiantly helps repel those pesky insects that drive my pets crazy. I do believe my dogs are better off wearing this collar because it's safer than spraying chemicals on their skin and I want my kids safe when playing with their pets, the Hartz Flea & Tick Collar is safer than other products I've tried.

• Side Effects:

Hartz seems to work well for our area.

from Tom Bean, Texas

• Side Effects:

Made absolutely no difference at all with no ticks dying.

Comments about Hartz 3 in 1 Control Collar Flea and Tick Repellent:

I bought this product at Wal-Mart for a decent price and was careful to get the right product for the weight of my dogs. It appears that no ticks died or fell off. Last month I used a producy from a different manufacturer and the ticks started falling off the same day.

Quality of Ingredients
      It didn't work so the quality if the ingrediants is poor.

Side Effects
      I did not observe any side effects.

• Quality of Ingredients:
      • Side Effects:

If you love your pet do NOT use this!

Comments about Hartz 3 in 1 Control Collar Flea and Tick Repellent:

We have a stand of thick grass at the back of our property, which our dog loves to romp in. So we have to be on top of our flea protection pretty much all year long. We also live in deer tick country, so we watch out for lyme disease as well. I thought that this collar would be sufficient for the winter months when the bugs aren't as able to survive. What I didn't know at the time was that Hartz is known to be caustic and dangerous. Since it was winter I could not really gauge the killing power of the collar on the fleas, but I did notice a chemical burn on my dog's neck. Maybe it does kill bugs effectively, hard to gauge in the winter, but I would rather a product meant to help my dog doesn't harm him.

Quality of Ingredients
      Either the dosage is too strong or it is poisonous to dogs as well as bugs.

Side Effects
      The chemical burns on my dogs neck was simply horrible. Definitely not worth spending money if it could harm my pup.

• Quality of Ingredients:
      • Side Effects:

Only really works in conjunction with other treatments.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Hartz 3 in 1 Control Collar Flea and Tick Repellent:

I bought this for my golden retriever when she was a puppy. She got fleas after going the dog beach one weekend. I did not want my other dog to end up with them, so we bought this at first to fix the issue. Unfortunately, this collar did not really help at all. All I really noticed is that it bothered her terribly and she was constantly trying to get it off. I did see some dead fleas and I cleaned her coat every day, but she still had fleas on the long run. Hartz 3 in 1 Tick and Flea Repellants only ended up working as more of a preventative measure AFTER I purchased another type of treatment to get rid of the problem. I never purchased her another flea/tick collar after that because I could not be sure if it was actually the collar that helped or the treatment I used later.

Side Effects
      This collar caused my puppy's neck to itch terribly. She was constantly scratching at it and trying to pull it off. This is another reason we stopped using this product and never bought it again.

• Quality of Ingredients:
      • Side Effects:

Not the best product out there

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Hartz 3 in 1 Control Collar Flea and Tick Repellent:

While this product does help with ticks and fleas, it does not eliminate them. Put my dog on this when he was a puppy and it could not combat the ticks that we have in our area. It did keep fleas off of him so if fleas are your only issue, this product might work for you, but if you need a product that keeps your pet healthy and tick free, then I would highly suggest you buy something else because this product will not solve your issue for your pet. Maybe if you live in the city, where ticks are not a concern, this will meet all your needs, but if your family lives in rural areas like mine does, this product does not meet the standards necessary for combating the ticks in the area. I, for one , will not buy this ever again. It is simply just not worth the money or even the time to put it on my animal.

Quality of Ingredients
      The quality obviously isn't what it should be, or else it would keep ticks away.

Side Effects
      No noticible side effects, it just didn't work.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Terrible and deadly

Comments about Hartz 3 in 1 Control Collar Flea and Tick Repellent:

Not only did this not work, but my dog went into terrible seizures and started bleeding. Apparently this isn't the first case of this. Hartz has a strong history (which I knew nothing about until it was to late for Sophie) with cases like this. I beg of you all continue to do research before using ANY product on your pet. It's not worth the hospital bill and losing your precious pet over.

It killed my dog.

Side Effects
      IT KILLED MY DOG!!!!
      Vomiting. Blood everywhere. Seizures. And then death.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Do Not Buy Hartz!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Hartz 3 in 1 Control Collar Flea and Tick Repellent:

Fleas are awful and when our dogs get them I'm know everyone wants to get rid of them as quickly and an inexpensively as possible. I know that it's tempting to see the low price of Hartz flea and tick products in comparison with other name brands like K9 Advantix and Frontline, but please save yourself the trouble and go with a pricier brand. With these products, as with so many others, your really do get what you pay for. The Hartz Flea and Tick Drops DO NOT WORK AT ALL. Not even a little bit.
      If you cheap out and buy this product you will end up spending more money in the long run because you'll have to go back to the store and get one of the other brands I mentioned above.
      And worse than not working as promised, I've read that these Hartz brand drops can actually be harmful to your beloved pet. I do not know this first hand but I've heard it from a few different sources and I'm definitely not willing to take the chance again. I bought them once and they did nothing. That's one mistake I'll never make again!

Quality of Ingredients
      They don't work. What ever ingredients they have sure as heck don't kill fleas

Side Effects
      Can possibly be harmful to your pets health! BUYER BEWARE!

• Quality of Ingredients: