3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Impeccable RATES

I found Hart West to be very helpful when refinancing my home this year. I got a great interest rate and paid substantially less fees than I had previously paid with other mortgage companies. I know I was somewhat of a bother by calling in often, but they were able to accommodate me. I imagine they juggle quite a few clients like me at a time, and I thought they did an excellent job at filling me in on all the details.

Terrible customer service and overall unpleasant experience.

Hart West started out too good to be true. They had great rates, low fees, and the first customer service person that I dealt with was very informative and helped me out with all of my questions. She answered my emails and took my phone calls. However, during the course of the loan, my file was transferred to two other people who were less than helpful and the last person was just rude and refused my calls. We have outstanding credit, we had a huge downpayment and plenty of time to close on the loan so in theory, this should have gone pretty smooth. Instead, Hart West was unable to provide me with a loan, they didn't notify me of this until 2 days before my closing date and the woman was so rude and unapologetic that I was made to feel like I was in the wrong. I wasn't given any portion of my application fee back even though she said she probably could since they didn't do an appraisal. They were very unprofessional and unfriendly about the whole situation. They really deserve zero stars.We ended up having to get an extension on our closing date and getting a loan through a local broker who did a fantastic job AND answered my phone calls.

TOTALLY WASTED MY TIME AND COST ME $1,000's

from Oregon

Pros

Cons

Comments about Hart West Financial:

TOTALLY WASTED MY TIME AND COST ME $1,000's BECAUSE THEY ARE SO SLOW! Very unprofessional, very slow to do their job, poor communication and total lack of concern.  Forget a 45 day rate lock, it took 8 weeks on a straight forward refi with no cash out.

they were amazing to work with

from phoenix, az

Comments about Hart West Financial:

I just refinanced my house and got the best rates. Hart West is one of the only few who clearly state what their rates and fees are. They closed my loan quickly and efficiently.

Great rates, but impossible to close.

Comments about Hart West Financial:

Hartwest promises good rates. However once you lock in a rate, you can never get in touch with them. and finally when you do and submit all the required information, they can never deliver on the rate they offer. I would steer clear away from them. I belive they may be a brokerage service for other loans.

• Types/Options:

Terrible expereince do not waste your time

Comments about Hart West Financial:

They have good rates, but that is all they have. Terrible customer service, I have been working with them for more than 6 weeks to get a loan and provides copyies of everything they asked for and in many cases provided the same things 2 or more time. Loan is approved but I now have an additional 13 items I have to provide before they will schedule a closing date. Worst nightmare o fmy life, this is my 5th home purchase and the only time I have had an issue.

Customer Service
        See above this is as bad as it gets. Do not waste your time with these people you will regret it.

Types/Options
        Rates are good and financing options are good but you pay for it with terrible customer service and you will have to provide your college transcripts, marriage license and prove your wife has been a housewife for the last 2 years to get loan approval.

• Types/Options:

An easy way to get a mortgage

Comments about Hart West Financial:

I have done a few transactions with Hart West and each time has gone very smoothly. The application process was well explained...and we received exactly what we were told. It is always a pleasure doing business with them and I will continue to utilize them for all my mortgage needs.

• Types/Options:

Best Rates in the country..Got the job done, no frills operation

from Toppenish, WA

Comments about Hart West Financial:

These guys gave me the absolute best rates with lowest fees of anyplace else I researched.  I have a friend in the business in my area (Washington State) and he couldn't even come close to their low fees.  The reality is, with rates like those, they're bound to be busy.  Anyone who complains about their customer service needs to look at the price of better service.  Not only that, they gave a full disclosure of how they are making money.  That's the first time I've seen that done.  I refied a 400,000 loan.  Their rates were the best I could find.  Way better than Bank of America or any others.  Most charge a 1% fee upfront.  that would be $4,000.00 on my loan.  no such fee here.  If you want someone to kiss your ..... and provide specialized customer service go pay a private loan officer in your hometown or home bank.  You will pay the 1% fee for that I guarantee.  If you want the good deal go here and let them get it done for you.

Great rates - low fixed cost - friendly and professional service

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Hart West Financial:

My wife and I used HartWest.com for a re-fi of our Colorado Springs home in January 2009 and found their staff to be friendly and responsive through-out.  I particularly appreciated the fact that they regularly (possibly even daily?) post their rate sheet on-line so that it's easy to comparison shop.  I think they meet all of the criteria for the UpFront Mortgage Broker accreditation initiated by mtgprofessor.com but they definitely were up front and transparent, in my humble opinion (even re-issuing the good faith estimate to show exact numbers when we decided to increase the loan amount to cover some closing costs.)

The lone "con" I can think of is that (unless you're in the Phoenix area) you'll be working with them remotely via email so you have to find the title company on your own.  This didn't bother me at all because I've been through the loan closing process a few times and actually appreciated the ability to shop-and-compare title insurance prices and closing fees, etc.

As of Jan 2009, Don't waste your time they never answer calls

from Arvada, CO

Comments about Hart West Financial:

HART West Financial is terrible. I can not even get a call back from anyone there.

After leaving probably 10 voice messages nov/dec, I finally spoke to Cindy there once about 3 weeks ago.. We went thru my applicaition, and never heard from her again although they DID ding my credit report for the inquiry.

My credit rating is freaking 810, the refi I'm requesting is < 50% of the value of my home even after this downturn, and I have enough cash in my accounts to payoff my current mortgage 5x over.  You'd think I'd could get a response to process and close.  NOTHING.

I wonder if the office is closed during the winter for golfing in AZ

I was worried about financing on the internet, but it was great!

from Eugene, OR

Comments about Hart West Financial:

HartWest was always there on the phone with no waiting to answer questions about refinancing my mortgage.  They also used email very effectively.They used some very professional appraisers and turned the appraisel around quickly.Their fees were so low that my Title Company called them to make sure they were real.  HartWest used an electronic signature process that is leading edge and was welcomed by my title company.I do recommend checking in with them frequently if you are locked in.  You usuallyl have 30 days and checking in helps relieve the anxiety that perhaps someone is droppig the ball.  I probably called in too often, because HartWest was always on top of things and there were no delays.

No Surprises, zip, nada, none.

from Bernalillo, NM

Comments about Hart West Financial:

Hart West Financial was by far the best on service and fees that I have found.  Their rates were matched only by brokers who charged thousands more in points and fees.  What I was shown on day one turned out to be completely accurate all the way to closing.