1.6
Hansons Replacement Windows

Hansons Replacement Windows

1.6

Big job but very well done

I thought Hansons Windows was wonderful. They actually did the work faster than they said they would. They gave me a longer time frame but it ended up being completed in a shorter...Read complete review

I thought Hansons Windows was wonderful. They actually did the work faster than they said they would. They gave me a longer time frame but it ended up being completed in a shorter timeframe.

I was most satisfied Hansons finished the installation in an efficient and timely manner. They kept everything neat and tidy.

I was concerned about my floors because my floors had just been refinished but Hansons took the upmost care of everything; it was nice.

I chose Hansons Windows for the quality of their windows. I liked the steel frame wrapped in the vinyl because it meant the windows wouldn't warp over time.

My next project is siding and roofing in the spring.

DON'T EVER BUY HANSON WINDOWS! You will regret it!

We had our windows replaced 3 years ago with hansons,(I love the windows look great.)but have had nothing but problems. 1) They used outdoor caulk inside.(Our home smelled for weeks.) 2) They broke a sill and replaced it with one that didn't match the rest of the ones in the room. (Called, had a manager come out to which he said "its close enough.") The refused to replace the unbroken ones so they all matched. 3) They caulked my mailbox to my house. 4) I now have a broken window that I have been waiting 6 weeks to have someone even come out to look at it. (I even payed extra to have no hassel replacement.) My appointment has been cancled 4 times by them and reschulded to a week to a week and a half later. 5) Was hung up on my a few women at their office because (the women) " I'm not the one who is going to fix it" ABSOLUTELY IGNORANT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! If i could do it again I would choose another company. Still waiting...........for someone to fix it.

Dumbfounded

from Bob Detroit

Comments about Hansons Replacement Windows:

Called to make an appointment. Like other reviews, they wouldn't come to my house unless my wife was home. I told them that I was capable of making a decision myself. They essentially argued with me that my spouse had to be there. Hung up. Called competitor. They came out the next day and I ordered new windows on the spot from them.

I am dumbfounded at their insistence to have my spouse there. BTW, I told them it would be helpful for them if my spouse WASN'T there because she was not in favor of me buying the windows in the first place. LOL

Absolutely THE WORST company and product EVER!

from Utica Michigan

About Me Professional

Pros

Cons

• Drafty
    • Jams
    • Warps

Comments about Hansons Replacement Windows:

For starters the salesman was rude and didn't give two shakes about what we really wanted. The installers were decent guys but worked with garbage for a product. Parts falling off, warped windows, leaky seals, absolute trash! Customer service beyond horrible and management even worse. Not only will I never but from then again but I will be boisterous in my negative reviews to all that ask. The only reason I give them one star is because I couldn't leave it at zero.

Not easy to work with.

from Livonia,MI

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Comments about Hansons Replacement Windows:

Would not even give me an appointment for an estimate because my working wife would not be available. I just wanted an Estimate to compare to other companies. But lack of faith in their product and price does not allow them to visit unless they can close the deal right then and there. I am making the decision and I am paying for the job, not my wife. Really isn't my problem, it's theirs. Another company will want my dollars. Can't wait to tell people in my circle of life.

Not what the salesman showed us

from Fremont, MI

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

Cons

• Drafty

Comments about Hansons Replacement Windows:

We had 30 year old Andersen windows that let in some cold in the winter. A Hanson's salesman showed us replacement windows that were going to be much better. They are NOT better. I keep checking the windows to make sure they are closed. They're closed, but we're still getting cold air coming in, lots of cold air. I can stand a foot away and feel the draft. My uncle got windows from a different company, and those actually keep the cold out.

Hanson's sliding door also leaves a much smaller opening to get through.

Worst company, poor service and cheap flimsy windows!!!!!

from richland, mi

About Me Professional

Pros

• None Of These

Cons

• Door 23 Inches Dark Glas
          • Warps

Comments about Hansons Replacement Windows:

This is the worst company ever! They do not return your calls, show up at your house randomly without a call and start measuring your doors outside if you are sleeping and do not answer the door for an unscheduled appt, The sliding glass door we ordered was to be two panels, we had a 8 foot 1 inch door with a 44 inch door opening. The installed a triple panel door with a 23 inch opening. This is not even code for an outside door opening! What legitimate company makes a door that small and not up to code. We were not asked if we wanted three panel door with opening in the middle; there was no communication! They offered to remake the door and 6 weeks later came with a door that had a dark tint and was 5 inches smaller. I want light! I asked for my old Pella door back as it was much better quality. The one lock fell off the next day and they forgot to install the foot lock and screen door lock. I went 2 1/2 months before the locks were finally installed. I had to put a piece of wood in the slider for safety!! Cheap sliding doors and the worst service ever!!

Hanson's was too busy at our scheduled time to come

Comments about Hansons Replacement Windows:

The day before our scheduled appointment ( my husband & I had arranged BOTH of our schedules to be available) they called to tell me they were too busy at that time of day for us. They wanted to come 2 hours earlier or 2 hours later. We had made our schedules fit that time. We both work! I told them we would work with a company that valued our time. I understand that appointments can run over, but this was the day before! They had obviously overbooked. Coincidentally, a few days earlier, I was talking to a friend who had had windows replaced 4 or 5 years ago. When I mentioned Hanson's, he snickered and told me he was still waiting for them to show up!

Hanson Salesman review - only

Comments about Hansons Replacement Windows:

Our salesman was on time, polite and to the point. He checked the windows that we need replacement on. Showed us some recently installed windows and described the windows. He showed us the install check list and gave us the quote. Told us of the the price match and install satisfaction promise. He offered us a sign now discount and offered to step outside while we discussed the offer. As we signed the paper work, he reminded us of our states buyers remorse law, that give us 3 business days to cancel. He schedule a measurement appointment.
            The reason all companies want both parties present for a quote is so that they can answer all the questions in one visit so they do not have to make a return visit. These salesman drive sometimes hours to come quote your home. When a company sends a salesman out more than once, It cost in fuel and wages along with travel expense. These salesman are not door to door, they travel to you at your convenience, Sometimes the closest salesman is busy and is not available, so they send someone that is farther away for your convenience. Please be considerate to their time, as they are trying to be considerate with your time.

I am a SAHM, I have no affiliation with this company or any sales company.

Horrible sales pitch

Comments about Hansons Replacement Windows:

I contacted Hanson's via an online form to get a quote for window replacements. The call center left at least 5 messages on my phone. When I first called back, they said they could come out at noon the following Saturday. I said fine. They then said they had to call back to confirm. What? Why am I talking to them if not to confirm? They called me back two days later (Friday afternoon) and asked if I could do 3pm instead. I said fine. I was out shopping when they came, but my significant other was present. Apparently, they would not give him a quote until "both decision makers" were home, so I guess it's lucky I came in when I did. The sales guy then settles in with a tablet presentation and starts going through the history of the company, all the reasons they are great, blah, blah, blah. We are smart people. We already have a quote from another company, and we know what we want. I waited through a few minutes of this, and then he says and now for our video. So I say, let's just skip the video, I'm just interested in seeing the quote. He looks at me and says, have I offended you? I say no, I just want to see the quote. He says OK, I still need to work it up. Come on? Are you kidding? How long was he planning to sit in my kitchen? So I wait for him to take the 10 minutes or whatever to work up a quote. He gives us four options - the cheapest is 2x as much as the first quote we received (for similar product) and the highest is more than 4x as high (and twice as high for a similar product). Oh - and that high quote - it's for 12 windows and the cost is nearly 25% of what we just paid for our house. Our entire house. Which I might add, is a very nice little house, not a fixer-upper. Give me a break. I said thanks, that's all we needed and the guy packed up, clearly in a huge huff because we didn't sit through the whole sales pitch. He didn't even try to be polite from the moment I pushed him to hurry it up and just give us the quote. Cannot recommend.

Don't get Hansons Triple Pane Windows

Comments about Hansons Replacement Windows:

First the installers had to come back 2 times to correct simple problems that should of been taken care of during the install process. Hansons Triple Pane Windows are horrible. During the summer you can feel the sun's warmth standing a few feet away from the windows. During the winter you can feel a cold breeze coming through the bottom of most of the windows where the stationary meets the slider window. When it is below 32 degress you can hold you face a couple of inches away from the window and actually feel the cold.

Big job but very well done

from Madison Heights, MI

Comments about Hansons Replacement Windows:

My next project is siding and roofing in the spring.