Other Tires:
Hankook
Hankook Optimo H426 - 175/65R15 84H BW - All Season Tire

Summary

The Hankook Optimo H426 175/65R15 84H tire is the perfect balance between performance and comfort.

The Optimo H426 tire adopts a unique rib-block design for its shoulder to minimize vibration and noise and to provide a quiet, smooth ride. The use of an advanced silica tread compound offers improved All-Season performance, better tread wear and lower Rolling Resistance for better fuel economy. The Optimo H426 tire is where All-Season Touring, Luxury and Performance meet.

Hankook Optimo H426 - 175/65R15 84H BW - All Season Tire

perform well on ice and snow

from MA

Comments about Hankook Optimo H426 - 175/65R15 84H BW - All Season Tire:

When I purchased a new Hyundai last September I was surprised that the car came equipped with these Hankook tires rather than the Michelins which were stock on my older 2003 Elantra that I was trading in.
I asked the salesman about the tires and he told me that they were well known , just not so much in the US and they were even used for race cars and had been around for a long while.
The car is really small and I was concerned how these tires would handle in the harsh New England weather we had this past winter - I did not want to have to purchase a set of snow tires for a brand new car if I did not need to .
I was very surprised and pleased at how well these tires have handled . We had deep snow and ice for a large part of January and February and my car did not slip or slide even once ! These tires hugged the road and never veered . They also perform well on rain and on wet , slippery leaves . So far, I am really happy with them and I can see why the Hyundai corporation chose to use these Hankook tires on their cars . The car does not have a lot of miles on it yet , but has gone through several seasons so far and the tires seem great so far .With costlier brands I have slid on hills in the past but with these that did not happen so that is very important to me - these are truly all-weather tires and can handle any type of weather .

• Was this a gift?:

good for all seasons

from MA

Comments about Hankook Optimo H426 - 175/65R15 84H BW - All Season Tire:

These Hankook tires came factory equipped on my 2014 Hyundai . I had owned a Hyundai Elantra in the past( 2003 model) and at the time , Michelin tires were stock so I was a little concerned about this brand that I had never heard of .
Before buying the car , I did a cursory research of the brand and saw they had been around awhile and the brand was even used in racing circuits so I figured they must be ok.
Well, I have had the car almost a year now and really wondered how these all-season tires would hold up in a horrendous New England winter . I really did not want to have to shell out for an extra pair of tires for snow since the car was just about brand new .
I am happy to report that these tires did remarkably well in even heavy snow in a record breaking Massachusetts snowfall of a winter .
The tires held their traction and I never did slide once even on the icy ,snow covered roads !
They also perform comfortably during other seasons as well , hugging the road and giving a smooth , not bumpy ride . They are great in rain and while driving on wet leaves in autumn also.
Although the car only has under 5000 miles on it , so far I am quite impressed with the quality of these tires and think Hyundai made a good choice when using these as their factory installed brand of tires .

• Was this a gift?: