3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

Great Price for a mixer

A family member wanted a mixer for Christmas so I chose the Hamilton Beach Hand/Stand Mixer. I like the fact that it's a dual mixer and not just one or the other. It allows for more ways to blend the ingredients. The mixer includes a "Shift & Stir" bowl, which makes it even easier to mix ingredients since nothing sticks to the bottom and the attachments can reach the bottom of the bowl. I like the chrome/stainless steel look of the mixer, since it can blend in with any kitchen, which means it can be left out on the counter year round. I really enjoyed the price of the mixer, as I got it on sale. I believe it live up to the higher priced machines, depending on how much you use it and what you use it for. If you are an avid baker and would use it daily, you may want to look at alternatives. This is great for my family because we don't bake a lot but we know it'll be there if needed. I love the fact that there are six speeds on this mixer and you change the speeds by a slider on the top, so it's easy to switch between speeds. Another huge plus with this mixer is the fact that you receive all the attachments along with the mixer. They include dough hooks, beaters and a whisk at no additional price.

the Hamilton Beach Hand/Stand Mixer didn't hold up

I love to cook and bake. Every year during the Christmas season my family and friends count on my holiday candies, cookies, and bars. The rest of the year I do lightweight baking with cookies and cakes/frosting. I have had alot of mixers through the years and always wanted a stand mixer but could never find the extra money to get an expensive professional one. I saw this one for a cheap price and decided to give it a shot since it was priced not much more than a large hand mixer anyway. The first job I gave the mixer was pretty simple, a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. Nothing too taxing. Straight off, I did not like that it had no low speed. I just jumped into full super speed mode sending dry flour/confectioners sugar everywhere. The beaters seemed very unstable and I could easily move them when they were supposed to be locked. The beaters themselves were really cheap looking, really small and very hard to clean. The mixer itself had severe design issues. The whole front of the mixer was an open vent system that sucked flour or powdered sugar into the mixer when adding it to the mixture. I would find the vent slits caked with powder after mixing something. I can only imagine what the inside of the mixer looked like. The bowl that came with the mixer was extremely big, too big really which made it kind of difficult to mix things really unless you had a huge batch. The bowl didn't turn either and unless you had your hand on the bowl it would sit and start spinning wildly and your mixture wouldn't be mixed correctly. I cannot say much more about it since my Hamilton Beach Hand/Stand Mixer didn't last for more than 5 uses. On a batch of cookies last year one of the beaters stopped beating and a few seconds later the other one stopped moving as well because the gears had stripped out. My curious husband had to look inside to see if it could be repaired, but with the gears and everything being plastic it was no use, so it unfortunately is taking up space in the landfill.

Very well made mixer

from Ottawa Illinois

Comments about Hamilton Beach Hand/Stand Mixer:

This is an excellent mixer for a beginner to an expert. nice size and mixes different ingrediants well and quickly.

Mixing Performance
Does well with all ingrediants but did have a problem with bread dough but it did mix it.

the beaters were a bit hard to clean but the rest cleans up well. need to be a bit spaced out for easy cleaning. Bowl cleans well and so does mixer with a damp cloth to the exterior

wide bowl and good maneuverability! can add ingrediants easily to mix. only bad thing is flour and powdered sugar sticks to the bottom of the mixer motor exterior

nice sleek design!

very durable and can handle big batches of foods to mix. bread can be a challenge on the motor but its still a good mixer. Foods still need to be scraped down on the sides but it does catch it all and blend it in. the speeds are good for each item needed and it doesent strain the motor blending big batches of cookie dough.

Good for your money

Comments about Hamilton Beach Hand/Stand Mixer:

I'm just getting into baking and cooking and love this mixer. Although it sometimes has problems with dough, it is a good buy for the price. Definitely recommend it to anyone who is just getting into baking or for light doughs. It's easy to clean plus it's detachable

Great Price for a mixer

An okay product

from Eaton, OH

Comments about Hamilton Beach Hand/Stand Mixer:

The mixer part works fine, but the bowl doesn't turn on its own, I have to manually push the bowl to get it to spin.

I got this as a replacement of a better mixer, but that mixer is no longer in production. Since I have to manually spin the bowl, I can't use the hook to knead my bread dough, so I mostly use it as a hand mixer. Unfortunately there are times I need to mix a lot, for example: mixing egg whites to the stiff peak stage. Though I don't have to hold the mixer, it is annoying to push the bowl around.

Bakers beware

from Brentwood, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach Hand/Stand Mixer:

I loved this machine when I received it as a Christmas gift this year. I decided to make a fruit cake and thought this mixer could withstand the cake mix. I read some reviews online that this was comparable to the Kitchen Aid mixer. I gave it a whirl and it worked . I was so impressed that I tried to make a batch of cookies the next day. I turned the mixer on and to my surprised it would not work. I checked my outlet but it was working fine. I called my friend who gave it to me as a gift and asked if she had the same problem. Luckily, she had the receipt so I returned it to Target. The cashier asked what was wrong and I told her I used it only twice before it did not work.

Mixing Performance
It mixed the dough evenly .

I think cleaning the machine with a damp cloth is fairly easy. The bowl was easy to clean since not much of the dough stuck to it.

It is very easy to use and even my sister who does not cook was able to operate it with me the first time.

I loved the overall look but the design of the product needs to be more durable.

Please save your money and invest in a more expensive or longer lasting product.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Hand/Stand Mixer:

After using this mixer for several months and using it in a variety of ways, I have found this product disappointing. I personally think that it is overpriced for it's performance. It comes with several utensils, the mixer, a stand, and a bowl. However, I would recommend purchasing a cheap mixer and using a bowl you already have. If you place the mixer on the stand, the performance is much worse. I never use the stand, I end up using it by hand to make sure it mixes well. Overall, this is an "okay" mixer. However, I believe for the price and features, the performance should be much better.

• Mixing Performance:

This is not a very good mixer.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Hand/Stand Mixer:

My wife and I received this mixer as a gift two years before getting a real commercial-grade mixer. It was scarcely better than the hand mixer we already owned. Ingredients would constantly get stuck to the bowl and have to be scraped down. The mixer wasn't particularly powerful, and the bowl was cheap. We ended up giving it to Goodwill well before getting a good one.

Mixing Performance
Ingredients would get stuck to the side of the bowl. It was annoying.

• Mixing Performance:

It works, but you really get what you pay for.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Hand/Stand Mixer:

I received this as a gift, and while it gets the job done, it lacks the sturdiness of higher-quality mixers. Some of the issues I have with this are that the overall construction feels tinny, the bowl spins if you're not holding onto it and getting the mixer on and off the stand is very difficult.

I would recommend others just put the money in for a better stand mixer, or get a good hand mixer instead. This one may be cheap but it's not good value for the money.

Hamilton beach mixer

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Hamilton Beach Hand/Stand Mixer:

I bought this for myself around the holidays. I first thing i wanted to do was mashed pototoes but they proved to be too heavy and thick for the mixer and bowl method because the bowl would not spin, so I had to do them by hand which this model allows you to do. I have my other mixer that is just a hand mixer and I was really wanting to do the pototoes in the bowl without having to use my hand mixer so that I could free myself up to do other things instead. I did notice though that if you do light weight items or batters that are not heavy or thick then it works perfectly for that. It does make whipping up some blueberry muffins or corn bread alot easier because you just pour all of the ingredients into the bowl and turn it on, However like many have said and I will agree there is no "LOW" speed. It does go from fast to faster and also the mixers are not labeled or look differant so you have to figure out everytime how to put them in.

Good mixer.

from Toms River, NJ

Comments about Hamilton Beach Hand/Stand Mixer:

I bought a Hamilton Beach mixer to replace and older one that stopped working. This one is good though it does not seem to be as powerful as my previouse one was. The styling of it is great, it has stainless steel accents so it fits in nice with other stainless steel appliances. It is very easy to use, however sometimes the dough hooks do not get the dough towards the outside of the bowl. Cleaning it up is typical of any mixer. It is nice that it can be converted from a stand to hand mixer. It seems to be put together well and feels good in my hands when using it. Overall this is a good mixer and I would recommend it to anyone in need of a decently priced mixer, but if you need something powerful this may not be the mixer for you.