Other Electric Can Openers:
Hamilton Beach Can Opener

Hamilton Beach Can Opener

Pros

Cons

Simple and reliable can opener from Hamilton Beach!

Sometimes it really does matter to stay simple and low-priced when it comes to something like a can opener, especially of that's all you want it for. This white Hamilton Beach model fits in great with the rest of our white retro appliances and the magnet hand holds the cans in midair while the sharp slicer runs around the top to get them completely off. It only makes a soft whirring noise as I just have to press the arm and don't have to stand there holding it to make it work, and the can stays in the air until I pull it away from the lid attached to the magnet and pour out the vegetables or sauce into the waiting pot. If it gets spattered with juice, just wipe the front clean with a damp rag after gently wiping off the blade.

With just a soft whirring noise, the magnet holds the can lid and rotates the can so the blade can cleanly slice it off. You just have to press the arm to make it go and you can walk away from it while it opens the can, turning itself off when the lid is completely extracted and holding both the lid and the can in midair until you take it away.

The blade can slice through all metal cans, whether they're for vegetables, fruit, spaghetti sauce, tuna, or chicken, and the magnet is strong enough to hold even the BIG family-size cans before, during, and after the slicing of the lid.

I LOVE the white retro eighties design of this can opener, and it fits perfectly with the coffee makers, toaster, and microwave in my kitchen! Simple but strong, just like the rest of them!

Hamilton Beach Can Opener- you get what you pay for

We purchased a Hamilton Beach can opener recently. We mainly purchased it because it was cheap! It is just a simple can opener and it does what it does what it says it will do. It opens cans. However, it is not a very good quality can opener. We were aware when we bought it that is was a very cheap can opener. It is white and looks kind of outdated. When you are opening cans at the end of the rotation, it will "let go" of the can and drop it on the counter. Which, in turn spills the cans contents on the counter. So, we have to hold the can while it is rotating on the can opener so it will not spill the contents. It opens the cans, which is all that I need it to do. It is just not os good quality. But, you get what you pay for.

Simple and reliable can opener from Hamilton Beach!

Good Product

Comments about Hamilton Beach Can Opener:

Overall The Hamilton can opener is good and efficient to use. The only problem I have with it is that gets stuck a lot when trying to open up big cans.

Performance wise this product is easy to use but like I said before it gets stuck when trying to open up bigger cans.

The quality is very durable. I don't doubt that it wouldn't last for a short amount of years.

The design is real average. But that's not why I bought the product. I bought the product because it was a good price and seemed to meet my needs at the moment.

Functional

from West Lafayette, OH

Comments about Hamilton Beach Can Opener:

I didn't have a problem with this can opener till my husband used it to open a can and the cutter snapped off.It can't be glued but it still opens cans.For some reason ,when opening a can ,right at the end if you don't have a good hold on the can ,it will make a really big splash all over the counter.also,the magnet isn't good enough to hold the can.when the cutter blade was new and sharp it didn't act so funny but now the lids look mangled.It's difficult to open a big can with this can opener.I have to hold on to the canopener then put the cutter blade into the edge of the can and let the opener rotate around till it gets done .It should have some kind of foot devise to be used for larger cans.

Huge time saver, A+++!!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Can Opener:

I recently purchased this can opener, after replacing 2 different manual can openers in a year's time. What a difference! I am so sorry that I waited so long, not sure what I was waiting for! It only takes a few seconds, no more cranking the whole way around the can! I especially appreciate the time that it saves when I'm trying to prepare lunch or dinner for my two little ones, every second is precious! The can opener has a magnet that will hold the lid after it comes off of the can, and it also holds on to your can during and after opening it. The only downfall I can find is that it won't hold a larger can because the weight of the larger cans will cause the opener to tip over...however, that is only a slight inconvenience! The few short seconds that it takes to open any can really minimizes this as an issue. I would definitely recommend this to anyone, and I'll never go back to a manual can opener!

Great easy to use can opener

Comments about Hamilton Beach Can Opener:

This can opener has lasted for a few months so far without any issues and I'm hoping for even more months of use to come. My parents were the ones who bought this because their hands would get tired from always pressing down hard on a rubber grip, but now it's easy for them to open cans. The only thing that I would change about this design is the fact that it is white. I would rather have a black or darker colored appliance, but as long as you are careful not to spill anything then the white does just fine. Also I would suggest using this for small and large cans and just eliminate the old manual can opener. For the price you pay on this appliance I feel that it is worth it. Remember that nothing lasts forever so eventually every appliance will need to be replaced. This can opener is great and can easily be replaced if it breaks. I'm thinking of investing in my own electric can opener after seeing and feeling for myself how well this one works.

Decently affordable!!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Can Opener:

I love my Hamilton Beach electric can opener! It is so much easier than a manual can opener. I have been using this one for over a year now and it is still going strong! It is so easy to operate!!! The only things is it leaves jagged edges around the lid of the can like a manual can opener does. A smoother edge would be a lot better in my opinion.

Excellent performance! Rarely gets hung up!

This has lasted me over a year and is still going strong!!!

I love that you can tuck the cord in the back of the product!!!

easy to use but not a long standing opener

Comments about Hamilton Beach Can Opener:

If you need a basic can opener for large cans and small and all sizes in between you cant go wrong with this one but over time it will need to be replaced, quicker if it is not properly maintained.

the product is a great functioning can opener,it opens cans easily and even has a magnet to hold the lid of cans. it completely takes the lid off so no more dangerous lids to worry about and the cut is even not leaving jagged edges.

if this opener is not properly maintained it will breakdown quicker than it already does. the blade arm tends to stick and the knife used for cutting gets stained with food. Little scraps of paper from the can sometimes collect on it too. it wears down after time and falls apart so you will need a new one after some time of use

the design is nothing special just a basic shape not a piece of art to display yet it still is not the ugliest appliance in the kitchen

small powerful can opener

from Port Orchard, WA

Comments about Hamilton Beach Can Opener:

I seem to have the worse luck with can openers. I never considered an electric can opened before because I thought it was a waste of space and money. Boy was I wrong. Before this can opener I had gone through 5 manual openers ranging in quality and price within about 4 months. They all just kept breaking on me. I finally decided to try an electric one. It actually cost in some cases less than manual openers and I haven't had a problem yet and have had it for about a year now. It opens cans easily and loads the cans on with ease. You can load a can on and then do something else while its working. The largest can I used on it was the larger whole tomato cans. It didn't have a problem at all holding on and opening it. Its easy to clean and really not that big so you can store it on your counter or in a cabinet. I would recommend this to anyone who is fed up with manual openers and needs a cheap and practical opener.

A Good Product For The Price

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Hamilton Beach Can Opener:

After breaking two hand can openers, I broke down and decided to try and electric can opener. Believe it or not, I've never used one previously. I was skeptical, but the price was right and I decided to give it a go. I'm pretty happy I did. I live in a cold area. This means lots of chili and soup and things that require cans. One stock pot of chili requires about 15 cans to be opened, and with a hand can opener, my hand would cramp up. This sped up the task and saved my hands. It's a god-send to those with arthritis. It took me a minute to learn how to get the can in there, but once I did, I can motor through a stack of cans quickly.

It's easier to clean that I would have thought, and I like that the magnet doesn't drop the can when it's through. I don't have to hold a normal sized can while it's circling. It seems pretty durable, and it's not an eye sore on the counter, so I'm pretty happy with it. Overall, if you want to save your hands some grief and don't mind one more little appliance, pick this one up.

Hamilton Beach electric can opener

Comments about Hamilton Beach Can Opener:

I originally bought this for my daughter to use when she was away at college. She used it frequently during the 4 years she was away and I am using it now. We have both been very pleased with it. Very durable and dependable, and economically priced. I would recommend this for anyone who is in the market for a new can opener.