Other Blenders:
Hamilton Beach
Models:
53205, 53206, 50235
Hamilton Beach Wave Maker Speed Blender 53205

Summary

Equipped with 700-watt of power, this countertop blender works great for liquefying frozen fruit, whipping up creamy smoothies, making pureed soups, and more. Its revolutionary WaveAction blending system continuously forces the mixture down into stainless-steel ice-crushing blades for thorough blending from top to bottom--every time.

Hamilton Beach Wave Maker Speed Blender 53205

Pros

Cons

A great blender.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker Speed Blender 53205:

I am not the type of person who likes big and complicated kitchen appliances. I like a type of appliance that does it's job right and nothing extra is needed. I got the Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 2 Speed Blender, Red 53206 as a gift when I first moved into my new home, which was about 3 years ago, and ever since then it has been the only blender I use. It's a great but simple blender that is just so easy to use.
I make a lot of smoothies using ice and frozen fruits. I also love making pina colada which I use ice cream and ice for. I use this blender to make those, and I am very satisfied with the results every time. The smoothies and pina colada come out so creamy and delicious, just the way they should be. The Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 2 Speed Blender, Red 53206 crushes the ice and frozen fruits to the perfect consistency that a smoothie should be. I've been using this blender for 3 years now and I have never had a problem with it. The only negative thing that I can say about it is at times the ice tends to get stuck under the blade and I struggle with it a little bit, but that is nothing to make me dislike the blender in any way. This is a great blender and makes a great house warming gift. I am very glad my friend bought it for me. I also love the color that she chose. I love red on kitchen appliances. I am very thankful for her and her gift.

Basic blender

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker Speed Blender 53205:

This is a decent basic blender, though it doesn't do a great job of blending ice or frozen fruits. I typically use this just for smoothies. Whenever I include frozen fruits like strawberries or ice cubes, I have to stop blending and open the blender several times to move the large pieces closer to the blades to try to get them to blend correctly. It's a pain and slows down the process. There are only a few choices of buttons, not as many speeds as most blenders offer. The nice thing is that the buttons are easy to wipe off if you have a spill because they are sealed rubber or plastic. You can choose to pulse or turn the blender on/off.

Blending Power
Pretty weak. Ice remains in chunks.

Versatility
I can't really comment as I've used this primarily for smoothies.

Everything comes apart easily and the buttons are easy to wipe down.

Dummy proof with only a few buttons. Would rate better if there wasn't a need to open the jar intermittently while blending.

Attractive look, nice color choice.

Everything has held up in the two or so years I've used this. I worry the buttons could potentially wear out. The jar is glass.

Great blender.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker Speed Blender 53205:

I was skeptical about a blender with only two speeds, however, the Hamilton Beach Wave maker only needs two speeds to get the job done. We have been using the wave maker for about seven months now and it has never disappointed. We primarily use the blender to make smoothies. It chops ice with ease and blends any fruit we put into it, including frozen berries, to a smooth consistency. It chops ice into nice small particles. Since we mainly use the blender for smoothies I cannot say how it does with a puree. For our purposes the two speeds work wonderfully. Low gets things started and high really mixes and chops. The blades have stayed sharp. I love the glass jar, it is heavy and durable. I stick it right into my dishwasher for easy cleanup. Like any blender it is loud while in action but no more so than other blenders. Overall the Hamilton Beach Wave Maker is a good blender for making smoothies.

Great for Cocktail Parties

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker Speed Blender 53205:

I bought this blender specifically for a party I was having with some close friends. We were having margaritas and other types of cocktails. It was inexpensive and I loved the color. I picked it out because it was lightweight. My regular blender is bulky and has a thick glass container. I did not want to deal with it to make multiple drinks at my party. This worked perfectly. It crushed the ice to a perfect texture. We also blended up a lot of strawberries and other fruits to use as well. We had a great time and this blender was so effective and easy to use that I use it a lot more now than I use my old bulky blender.

Blending Power
It took a few more pulses to crush up the ice to the texture we wanted. My original blender is more heavy duty, but was not practical to use for a cocktail party.

Versatility
I use it for all types of cooking reasons now.

Cleaning this blender is no different than cleaning other types of blenders. I did not find it anymore difficult than cleaning any other type or brand of blender I have ever owned.

Very easy and simple to use.

I am a sucker for red appliances.

I have owned this for about 6 months and it is not showing any signs of breaking down anytime soon. Looks and works just like it did when I first bought it. No complaints.

THIS IS A GREAT BLENDER, REPLACED A MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE MODEL

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker Speed Blender 53205:

Use it for blended cocktails, healthy smoothies, and everything in between

Blending Power
Really does a great job with fruit

Versatility
Anything you want ot blend in your kitchen, this is the blnder. Cannot think of anything it won't do

I use a soft brush and make certain to clean it immediately. Might be muich more difficult if allowed to set.

Put the ingredients in, push the button, watch it blend and there you go. Sit back and enjoy and wait for your family want to take it for aa spin. Let the kids do their own because it is very easy.

This will look really good in your kitchen. It will acomodate any design style. Even if you are not a cook, get this, put in your kitchen for the decor, you will love it.

I have had much more expensive blenders to burn the motor up and smell. Not this one. It is very durable. Will chop ice, frozen fruit and vegetables, fresh fruit and vegetable, fruit and ice togeter with or withut liquid. THIS IS A VERY DURABLE BLENDER!!!!

• Versatility:

Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 2 Speed Blender could be more sturdy.

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker Speed Blender 53205:

Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 2 Speed Blender could be more sturdy. I like my kitchen appliances to be something that takes a licking and keeps on ticking. In my opinion, his blender is Not one of those products. Whenever I use it, I always feel like I'm going to overwork it and it is going to stop working. The stickers tout that you can crush ice in this blender. I think that crushing ice (to make "special drinks" is possibly what finally did in our last blender. I was hopeful that this blender would be a littler sturdier so I did not feel like I was going to break it. I like the two speeds. One of my previous blenders had ten or twelve speeds, but I never really used them all except to work them up to the highest and down to off. So, only having two speeds is just fine for me. If you are not hard on your equipment, perhaps this could be a good blender for you, but in my opinion, the Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 2 Speed Blender could be more sturdy.