3.7
50242N
Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender

Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender

3.7

Pros

• Easy to clean (3)
  • Good pitcher (3)

• Drinks (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (3)

Lots of Power at a Great Price

This is an excellent blender! I was so happy to be able to review this product since it replaced our 10 year old appliance when it died on us. I am always one who use to think that spending more money meant better quality, but have found that is not always the case. In this case, especially! Wow! This product comes at a very reasonable price and I am amazed at the quality and versatility. It contains a sleek look and comes in a variety of finishes if you should desire another color. The buttons are easy to use and the user guide is clear and thorough and can help the owner answer any additional questions they might have. Simple plug in is a cinch, just plug in and go! Set up is easy and in no time you can start using this product as intended. It is just roomy enough to efficiently get the job done for a small or large group and in a reasonable amount of time. It seems to require very little resources and energy as well which is a huge bonus. It does not seem to require a lot of power, either electrical or man power. It is quiet, operating softly and without making a great deal of noise which is a big bonus for us as well. It has several features so you get the job done exactly the way you want to and in the amount of time you wish. This is a great feature to have and makes the experience very customized. The cost is comparable to that of other systems and yet it seems to provide exceptional service! I would recommend this product to anyone who is budget concerned, concerned about the planet, about resources, about using less power, and about being able to complete the task at hand at ease. You will find that it is user friendly and really pro household so anyone in the house can use it with ease, all adults of course. The user guide is so simple to understand and comprehend so any issues can always be addressed there first although we have not needed to do that yet. The product measurements seemed to be exact and we did not have any issues there. A separate warranty was offered although we opted to not take advantage of it, however other people might wish to based on their own needs and uses. I would say overall our experience with this purchase was a positive one and one that we are so very pleased that we were able to take advantage of in our home. The simplicity and power it has has helped us on a daily basis in our home and that is what we expected from this product. My only suggestion for improvement would be that it have a few more features of course, and that the handle was easier on my hands as it gets quite slippery when wet, making it tricky to operate. We have to keep a towel nearby at all times. Aside from these two small issues, we are quite pleased and do not regret this purchase. So far so good, and we are hoping it lasts at least sixteen years as our last one did. If so, I feel like we will have really obtained some excellent value with this product and gotten our hard earned money's worth.

Hamilton Beach Blenders in Poor Construct

For years, I have been trying to find a decent blender and nothing has been more scary in my home than a Hamilton Beach blender. They look great, they have nice features, even are lightweight durable (so they say), and it all sounds great until you get it home. I haven't had one Hamilton Beach blender that didn't give me a hard time. First, it starts with the way it sits on the counter and blends, shaking violently back and forth that it becomes necessary to hold it down. It does blend. It does a fantastic job blending. I've bought so many hoping that one would be my crowning king of blendering and finally I could enjoy my blended coffees and ice cream milkshakes. Now that I think about it, I haven't even bought ice cream because I gave up on my finding my one true blender. After just a short time these things started to fall apart. Something inside, I could hear it, just a rattling at first and then it came loose and was turning inside every time I wanted to blend something. I've tried other blenders. This one actually blended like a dream come true, but was really quite a nightmare in disguise. Maybe .... I hope they put more care into the build of their blenders. Some day we will have blended coffees and milkshakes without uneven blending and super huge chunks of ice.

Great blender great price!

from Whg, wv

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Blends well
  • Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Powerful

• Crushing Ice
    • Making smoothies and shakes

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

I use this blender at least once a day sometimes more. I make smoothies to go from home. I also make milkshakes here and there whenever I crave for one.

Great for making smoothies

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Good Pitcher
    • Powerful
    • Precise Control
    • Stable

• Small Kitchen

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

I use this mostly for making smoothies. It works great with frozen fruit but ice you have to fo a few at a time.

works great

from pa

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
      • Good Pitcher

Cons

• Not Powerful

• Small Kitchen

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

it works good but doesnt blend all the things i have to stop and put everything towards bottom start and do it over and over. its a pain. takes forever to chop up a banana. it just pushes it back to the top. but once it gets ahold of it finally it chops up really nicely. its better to just blend liquids then to blend up and fruit.

Not powerful enough.

from Kansas

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

I received this blender as a house warming gift. Luckily, I received more than one blender at the time because this one quickly lost its power and I had to throw it away. This device is simple enough, it has clearly marked buttons depending on what pulse setting you want it on. It was easy to pour the finished product out without having it drip everywhere. When I tried it the first time I noticed it didn't have much blending power. It definitely could not crush ice, as I soon found out. Over the next 2 months I noticed it slowly getting weaker. Eventually it was pretty much useless so I tossed it.

Blending Power
      This blender was lacking on its blending power. It was unable to crush ice and even frozen fruit would get stuck sometimes.

Versatility
      Due to its lack of power I could not use it for very many things. I would use it primarily for smoothies but even that was sometimes a hassle.

I had no problems cleaning this device.

This was easy to use. All you had to do was plug it in and press the button you need. It had a low and high setting, but also different pulse settings.

This blender continued to lose power over time, so it was lacking in durability.

Not the Best Purchase I've Ever Made

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

This was one of the more disappointing purchases I've ever made. Now, I may have just gotten a dud or I may have had my expectations set too high, but I really wouldn't recommend purchasing this blender. From day one it never worked the greatest. Crushing ice wold get the motor so hot you could smell it burning, making a smoothie was a joke unless you didn't mind large bits of stuff floating in it and just taking it apart to clean made me not want to use it.

After several failed attempts at making various things with it, I ended up cramming it into the back of a kitchen cabinet to collect dust. It's been there for some time. I've hauled it around through a few different moves and, to be honest, I'll probably just donate it the next time I move to keep from having to find a hiding place for it again.

It may be quite a useful tool for some, depending on intended us, but for me it was just a waste of money mostly. I think I'll spring for a much more high tech blender next time.

Good, solid kitchen blender from Hamilton Beach

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

I like the blender for the blending action. It doesn't make smoothies as "smooth" as I want them, but I have another machine for that. I should have purchased a bigger one since I like to cook "ahead" and freeze soups and things for lunches, Excellent value for the money you spend on this blender, I have had mine for several years, It replaced a more expensive blender and it has served us well,

Blending Power
      Excellent. It blends and purses like a dream!

No problem at all

It is very easy to take apart and clean.

I wish it poured better, but I use my spatula to control the thicker sauces when pouring

Excellent. Regular hard working blender. Would recommend it

I sometimes smell a "rubbery' Smell when I am trying to blend something with ice. I stopped using the smoothie and ice crushing settings and that seems to have gone away. The pitcher is thick and strong glass. The base is solid and hasn't caused me any problems.

Save your money.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

This blender is a no go for me. While the price is reasonable, it doesn't survive long enough and doesn't do well enough for you to bother purchasing it.

Versatility
      It does have options for blending down to ice crushing. While it has the options, it doesn't mean the machine is capable of handling it.

As long as you clean the main compartment right after use, it is pretty easy. If you let it sit, it is a little hard getting around the blades at the bottom. Just make sure you at least put water in it after use.

This blender is easy to use. Plug it in and push a button. Got to give it credit for that.

There is nothing remarkable about the design. I liked the fact that it was black, but otherwise than that, there was nothing special.

The durability of this product is what makes this product not worth it. The one I had broke within the first few months I had it, and I don't really use the blender that much, maybe once or twice a month. Considering I made milkshakes, which is relatively not harsh, like crushing ice, I would have expected a longer lifespan.

Hamilton Beach 10 Speed Blender Low-Cost choice

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

Okay blender that is hard to keep clean. It does not chop ice well and seems to overheat when trying to chop ice. Works well with Bacardi Mixer drinks and fruit smoothies that do not have ice. Blades will rust if not completely dryed off with a towel.

• Versatility:

Does the job but slight hassle

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

Decent blender but its a pain to take apart and clean. It it weren't dishwasher safe, we would never use it. The husband likes it for smoothies. I've used it for cocktails. It doesn't blend ice very well, maybe the blade isn't strong enough. I'm an avid cook and this kitchen appliance spends more time in the cabinets than in use.

Bring HAMILTON BEACH to you kitchen

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

This blender is amazing. The power it has is excellent, it crushes ice to make the perfect margarita. The power of "smoothing" out the fruits for a smoothie, makes for a delish one. I have not experienced any problems in "chunks of ice or fruit" in my drinks. It blends all so delicately and evenly. I highly recommend this product to all households and it also makes a great house-warming/wedding gift.