3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Good, Durable Blender

First off, I have to say I loved my old blender that this one replaced. However, it had a glass jug and I broke it while washing it one day.
Read complete review

I was very reluctant to replace the blender but it had to be done. I went to Shopko and found this blender on sale. It had an ice crusher so I figured I could live with it and it would get the job done.

Having now used it for 1 month...I use my blender everyday...I really love it. My old blender, as much as I liked it, I still used to find some lumps after blending for awhile. This blender has a larger, plastic jug and the blades are angled differently, so they actually pull everything down to the blade. It is called wave action. By the time I am done blending my morning smoothie, the ice is completely crushed and the frozen fruit and cut up banana are completely liquified.

My old blender came apart at the bottom for cleaning. When I took this out of the box and discovered that it was all one piece, I was concerned about getting it properly clean because I do not have a dishwasher. However, because of the design, there are no nooks and crannies for food to get caught in, so it cleans up well.

Very durable for the price I paid. I would recommend it.

Blending Power
Everything is well blended and there are no lumps of fruit left

The unit is all in one so no parts to reassemble

I am fairly hard on my blenders. This one was good until the plastic jug got a big crack in it. I tried gorilla glue on the outside but eventually had to replace it. It would have cost me more to replace the jug than to buy a new blender.

Hamilton Beach Wave Action blends well enough....

One of the sad but inevitable truths about anything made by humans - whether it's a ship, space shuttle, personal computer, car or even a humble kitchen appliance - is that parts wear down with every use.  It doesn't matter how expensive or well-made things are; no matter how careful you are or how sparingly you use anything with lots of moving parts or motors, eventually they stop working.

That, sadly, was the case with my Oster countertop blender.  Mom bought it years ago; I have no idea how long we've had it but it must have been at least 25 years old.  Amazingly - considering that I know about the entropy effect - it worked pretty well until a few weeks ago when I tried making a healthy Ensure-and-fresh fruit smoothis for my mom, who is mostly confined to bed these days as she recovers from back surgery.

I had used the Oster blender a few times during the previous days without a problem, but on that particular day I placed the usual amount of diced fresh fruit and one eight-ounce bottle of Ensure into the jar, closed the lid, plugged the blender into the wall socket, pressed the BLEND button...and nothing happened.  No last whir of the motor, no flickering spark or whiff of burned out motor. Just dead silence.

Because blenders are included in the "must own" category of small kitchen appliances, it was necessary to replace the now-dead Oster, so we asked my sister to get us an inexpensive replacement that could handle simple blending tasks.

Sis went to Kmart that same afternoon and came over with a Hamilton Beach 10-Speed Wave Action blender from the 50161N model series

**Product Features**.

1. *Wave-Action™ system continuously pulls mixture down into the blades for smooth results*

2. *Dishwasher safe 56 oz. jar*

3. *450 Watt peak-power motor*

4. *3 year limited warranty *

5. *Patented stainless steel Ice Sabre™ blades*

6. *Counter-stable jar base*

7. *Hideaway cord storage*

**My Viewpoint:  **Granted, I've only had this blender for a few weeks, and although I don't like it as much as I did my Oster blender, the Hamilton Beach Wave Action has basically done what I need it to do: It uses its Ice Sabre blades to turn pieces of fruit into puree or liquid form and blends them nicely and smoothly with milk or Ensure.

Interestingly, the Ice Sabre blades are built securely into the base of the 56-oz jar rather than - as in the Oster - being a removable component.  This suits me just fine; means I don't need to mess with any of the sharp parts while cleaning the jar or its lid.

The one thing I don't like is that the blender's cord is too short for my taste.  Maybe it's the way we've laid out our kitchen, but finding a "comfortable" spot for the Wave Action blender sure is not easy for me.  The Oster had a longer cord with a bit more reach and was thus easier to use on our countertops.

A great product that is a must have.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

It is a great product, durable, easy to use, easy to clean and gets the job done. The plastic jar makes it strong and not easily breakable unlike a glass jar. It is dish washer safe and needs little or no effort to assemble. It fits with ease into the engine house and can be used to blend a variety of items.Overall it is a good value for money. It will be better if the noise that emanates from the blender is reduced so that it does not increase noise pollution. Also there is this burning smell that comes out of the blender which I think should be improved upon by the manufacturers. I will love to see a 14 or 16 speed blender with a plastic jar for those of us with kids running around the house. It will also be a great idea if more than one jar comes with the package though at little additional cost to ease the stress of looking for a replacement for a damaged jar. I will recommend this to anyone anytime anyday.

• Versatility:

Purchased before Christmas and oops.....

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

I purchase one of these for the family for Christmas time. Made 3 smoothies in it and it froze up. It was hard to clean as the blade does not come out. There was leaking around the blade. Would not recommend. This is the second time I purchased this brand and model. First time lasted us 2 years.

Great buy for the price

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

This blender is a great price and works well. I can crush ice, I can make smoothies, and I can puree foods! No more baby food jars! You can make drinks, you can assist with cooking, baking and everything in the kitchen. Definitely recommend!!

Crushes ice easily!

Crushes ice easily!

Versatility
Can be used for many kitchen chores!

Versatility
Can be used for many kitchen chores!

Not bad to clean.

Not bad to clean.

Very easy to use and understand.

Very easy to use and understand.

Generic design

Generic design

Very durable!!

Very durable!!

Its a blender

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

This is a good buy if you dont want or have alot of money to spend. It has several speeds and multiple selections chop, blend, crush etc. It crushes ice with no problem I hold my hand over the top while using. I use it to make shakes and we love fruit smoothies. It is however very noisy, if you are looking for low noise this is not for you. It is not the easiest to clean, the blades are hard to get under I wash mine out after every use. I have been satisfied with this model.

• Versatility:

Great product, easy to use.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

I love this blender and use it every day, at least once a day. It is super easy to use. I use it mostly to make smoothies in the morning for breakfast. I use bananas and strawberries a lot and it blends them with no problem at all. Not only is it easy to use but it is also very easy to clean, it only takes a few minutes. It is not big and bulky like some other blenders I have had. This one sits right on my counter when I am done with it and takes up very little space. I would recommend this blender. If I ever need a replacement, I would not hesistate to purchase this one again.

• Versatility:

Great blender! It is so good for all types of drinks and things!

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

I think this is a very good blender. It mixes,purees, and crushes very well. You can whip up a batch of margaritas or , pina colada, or any other type of cocktails for your parties or just for having a relaxing drink on the patio or by the pool. It works great for crushing ice as well. You can make many flavors of smoothies or shakes for a quick treat. It is also very good for the price,so you don't have to spend a lot of money for a really nice blender.

Blending Power
The blending power works great and it has many different speeds and functions.

Versatility
It is very versatile and unique! You can do so many different things with using the different speeds,

It is so very easy to clean and it doesn't take long to clean it.

So very easy to use,just push any one of the buttons and it will do the job for you.

It has a nice design and looks very nice in any kitchen. It goes with everything.

It is very long lasting,even if you use it a lot. I have had my blender for 6 years and haven't had any problems with it at all.

• Versatility:

it's an excellent product in quality and statisfying

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

We bought this blender last summer and it did a good job for helping us made tasty strawberry milkshakes and berry jams. We very thankful with this blender.

Blending Power
It's so powerful, surprised us when we used it for the very first time. We learned now and enjoy the power of it.

Love It

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

I keep it close as I use it regularly for blending everything from juices to shakes. It will crush ice for smoothies.

Blending Power
The power is better than other blenders I have had. It crushes ice cubes, fruit, vegetables, and even puree's hard fruits and vegetables quickly.

Versatility
It can be used for more than just drinks. Have used to make puree food when needed.

Cleans quickly in either hand washing or in the dishwasher.

All the buttons are clearly marked and is all one piece.

. Looks nice sitting on the kitchen counter. There are no small places that food particles hide in making it easier to use and clean.

I have had it for awhile. It looks and operates like it is new.

Does what I need it to.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

I gave this an 8 because I don't feel it has quite enough power to crush ice to the consistency that I prefer. The design is fine, but stuff tends to get stuck at the bottom. I have to use a scraper often to get it out. Sometimes the food that I blend gets stuck at the bottom without actually blending. I do sometimes use this blender instead of a food processor as my mini processor is just not big enough. That is probably the only thing negative I have to say about this model. It does great with hot and cold foods. That is probably the only thing negative I have to say about this model. The lid stays tight when blending so there is not any leakage or mess. We wore one of these out and I purchased the exact same model. I was very pleased with the cost/affordability. Storing this blender is fairly easy as it doesn't take up a lot of space. We put it on a high shelf and it isn't overly heavy so I can lift it easily.

Great Blender!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender:

I really enjoyed this blender. I like how it completely crushed the ice and frozen berries for smoothies. In the past I have seen many blenders that left me with big pieces of ice that didn't get crushed. It's also pretty quiet to be a blender and easy to clean. My whole family loves it.