Other Coffee Makers:

Hamilton Beach The Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker

Pros

Cons

blows keurig away!

For years now I have been a Keurig user and disappointed time and again- they always work great for about 1 month and go straight downhill- so I decided this time to try something different in a single brew. I love this coffeemaker! When my mother's current misbehaving Keurig finally bites the dust I will be replacing it with one of these as a gift!

Brew Performance
Brilliant- 2 brew choices based on the grind and type of coffee ( I always use the bold for my fine grind) and you can put in how much coffee you want for the desired strength! makes a great even cup of coffee! Always consistent too!

Very simple! baskets? easy to clean! and you don't get leftover water sitting in the reservoir like with a keurig (water you can never get out!).

Simple to use- add the water from the cup you are going to be filling, "scoop" out you coffee with one of its 2 scoop filters,place it in on top of the also usable and removable filter basket, select and push brew style (I always use bold) and in a minute or so you have a fresh brewed great cup of coffee! wonderful! love that there are 2 scoops! One is hanging on the side and drying after a simple easy rinse while the other is being used!

Fabulous design! Just the right size,easy to use,turns off on its own- if you have a dummy attack and forget to put the water in it immediately shuts off!

I have only had this coffeemaker for about 6 months but it hasn't skipped a beat! My last 3 coffeemakers were keurig's and I had started having problems with allllllll of them within the first 4 months of having them- brewing wrong cup size or not at all,etc.... This coffeemaker seems to be holding up very well- wouldn't be surprised if I am still using it 10 years from now! And I brew probably 7-9 cups a day with it!

Not my kind of coffee maker

When I originally purcahsed the Hamilton beach the scoop single coffee maker, it was not my first choice. However, it was inexpensive and I figured it was only being used by me so I didn't have to brew a whole pot of coffee for myself. I bought it and set it up to give it a try. When I first turned it on and it started brewing, it looked extremely dark for the amount of coffee I put in. It also wasn't as fast as I thought it would be. However, I tasted the first cup and it was awful. I tried it again and used a different coffee and more water. I don't know if it was just my coffee maker, but I could not get a regular sized cup of coffee out of it. It was either making coffee that tasted like mud or I was getting a half of a cup of coffee. It was so frustrating and I didn't understand because other reviews I read said it was good. I returned it, but didn't end up getting another one. I didn't want to go through it again if they could all be like that. I would not recommend this for a single cup coffee maker.

I love the tall spout on this because I can brew a carafe.

from West Virginia

Comments about Hamilton Beach The Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker:

This machine is simple and inexpensive but it works just as well as some of my expensive brewers I've owned. The machine is tall which works out great for me because I can actually put a carafe or pitcher under the spout and brew a large container of coffee or tea. I love that I can brew tea in this machine as well because I frequently have a carafe of raspberry or lemon or other type of herbal tea on my table. It's nice being able to have coffee, tea, or cocoa in a small cup or large container.

Brew Performance
This machine does brew a little slower but I don't mind. It brews well and I haven't had any issues with it. I can brew coffee, tea, or cocoa in this machine without issues.

This machine is easy to clean because of the design. I can't take it apart or put it in the sink but because it is so simple, I dont have to spend a lot of time taking a brush to it or taking it apart to wipe it down.

This is so simple to use. I can set it and forget it, truly.

I am a fan of the design of this because it allows me to brew a single cup or set a large canister under the spigot and brew a larger container full of tea or coffee without dirtying up a transfer container.

I haven't had any issues with this machine so far. It seems as if it is fairly durable. I always make sure to keep it pushed back on the counter to avoid accidents, but I have bumped it and dropped it once and it is holding up well. I have had good luck with this machine so far and I hope that it lasts a while because I am a fan of being able to actually brew a large carafe of tea without transferring several cups into a pitcher to get what I want.

Great For Solo

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Hamilton Beach The Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker:

My husband and I are home at completely different times of day and prefer to have our coffee at different times. It was so wasteful to brew a whole pot, and then let it sit and go to waste, as reheated coffee tastes pretty terrible. I tried simply brewing less but always ended up either making it too strong or too weak or burning the coffee altogether.
I got the Hamilton Beach The Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker for us for Christmas and have absolutely loved it. It's basically foolproof.
What I love the most is that there is no carafe to potentially break (my husband has broken too many to count).
I can make my cup of coffee as strong as I'd like using which ever beans I'd like, whenever I'd like, and my husband can do the same...any time of day (or night).
The machine has a sleek stainless steel looks that fits with our kitchen decor and doesn't take up too much space on our countertop.
I was nervous about using The Scoop when we had guests, such as family and friends. It turned out to be perfect for hosting and holidays since everyone wanted something different. My mom only drinks flavored coffees, my dad only drinks decaf. My husband's parents drink coffee all hours of the day and night.

Not my kind of coffee maker

from Nesconset,ny

Overpriced

Comments about Hamilton Beach The Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker:

I would have given a ten if the price wasn't so high. Overall it was relatively easy to use. I recommend you read the directions first. My hubby didn't realize the unit's shelf was adjustable for the height of the cup you are using. Additionally, he made an error with the scoop and filter. Coffee grinds were all over and hot coffee was splashing all over the counter. Once we got past that, this Hamilton Beach coffee maker worked fine despite user error. It's obviously easy to clean due to its size. You have to play with the coffee scoops to get the strength you prefer. However, one has to do this with any coffee maker. I bought it because some visiting guests wanted decaf along with the 12 cup caffeinated pot for everyone else. I thought this would be easier. However I washed two units anyway and we ended up using a thermos to hold the extra caffeinated coffee. This freed up the main pot anyway. After weighing the cost against how much use it would get, I returned it. Perhaps if it was half the price I might have considered keeping it. For now I will stick with my 12 cup coffee maker and just make smaller cups as needed.

• Brew Performance:

Great for my office at work

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Hamilton Beach The Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker:

I was looking for a single serve coffee maker that was small enough to keep in my office at work. I like to make coffee throughout the day, but did not want to make a full pot as it tends to get stale.
I bought this coffee maker and it has been perfect for work. It is small and compact and makes a great cup of coffee. The coffee brews fast and is very hot. It makes a 16 ounce cup of coffee and does not taste watered down. I only use one scoop of coffee grounds and it is just enough.
This is a great compact coffee maker that is perfect for small spaces and offices.

Brew Performance
The brew performance is perfect, it brews the coffee fast and is the perfect temperature.

The controls on this coffee maker are easy to understand and very user friendly.

The design is great for a single serve coffee maker, it is small and compact and perfect for small spaces.

I have had this machine for over 6 months and use it at least twice a day and have never had any issues with it.

• Brew Performance:

Convenient but makes weak coffee

Comments about Hamilton Beach The Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker:

I purchased this when I was looking for a single cup brewer that I could use my own preferred coffee with (instead of using the expensive pre-packaged cups you have to purchase with another well known brand). I was kind of missing the smell of brewed coffee and liked that I could once again grind whatever brand of beans I wanted. The fact that you don’t have to throw away another piece of plastic into a landfill is also a bonus of this coffee machine. I liked the looks and it worked very well. I am a coffee snob and didn't feel the water temp allowed it to brew a real strong cup of coffee so I did return - my guy though thought it just fine. All in all – for those that like just a regular cup of coffee and aren't that particular - it is very good, quite convenient, is more eco-friendly than having to use packaged plastic cups and is a very nice looking machine!

Very easy - toss grounds and wash the included metal filter (no paper filters to buy!)

• Brew Performance:

Great little coffeemaker for an office

Comments about Hamilton Beach The Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker:

I purchased the Hamilton Beach The Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker for my office that is adjacent to my classroom. I absolutely love this small kitchen appliance. I drink most of my coffee at home, but I do enjoy having a cup of coffee at work every now and then. The Hamilton Beach The Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker is a great money saver because I am not tempted to go out and purchase a cup of coffee from the local coffee shop. I am able to scoop my coffee grounds, pour the water into the coffee maker, and have a freshly brewed cup of coffee in a couple of minutes. I like that I do not have to purchase filters for this coffee maker. The Hamilton Beach The Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker is a small, efficient kitchen appliance and it is a great addition to my office. I like that I do not have to brew a whole pot of coffee. The coffee tastes great and it is a wonderful little time and money saver!

Brew Performance
The coffee I make using the Hamilton Beach The Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker is outstanding and tastes great!

Amazing Little Coffeemaker

Comments about Hamilton Beach The Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker:

After researching all my choices for a single cup brewer and receiving The Scoop and trying it out, I am so happy I made this choice. Set up was simple with practically no assembly required except to place the scoop into the slot when ready or to adjust the platform for a regular cup or for a travel mug. It makes brewing my morning cup of coffee a breeze. It comes with 2 scoops so my brew over drink have a separate scoop which makes changing up simple and quick. There are no extra filter to keep up with and clean up is simple and easy. The taste of my coffee is amazing as well. It heats the water to just the right temperature for a perfect brew and gives me a choice on how strong I need the brew. It is a very well made machine with each component sturdy and well fitted. It takes up minimal space on my counter top which is a bonus even with the extra scoop hanging on the tab on the side of the machine made just for that purpose. Great machine and a great brew!

Great For The Office

Comments about Hamilton Beach The Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker:

I bought one of these for the office. My boss took away the Keurig machine in our office because of the expense. We went back to brewing pots of coffee. Pots of coffee have a lot of draw backs like cleanup when the pot gets burned, and overall quality.

I invested my own money and got this single serve coffee maker. It has been a real life saver. We can each bring our favorite coffee, and some people chip in and share. The clean up takes less than a minute, and everyone is responsible for their own mug.

Brew Performance
It took a couple of tries to get my coffee the strength I wanted it, but now that I know it's easy! That is the other benefit from making coffee by the pot. You can make coffee exactly how you want it. No one complains that it is too strong or too weak.

This coffee maker is so easy to clean.

What a great design. The shelf where you set your mug is adjustable, and that keeps it from splashing and spilling. I also love that this machine was made without having to use disposable cartridges. I'm not overly environmental, but it was noticeable how much garbage the Keurig created.

The unit in my office gets a lot of use, and is not showing any signs of wear and tear.

Love it...But

Comments about Hamilton Beach The Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker:

I really like how it is a single serve coffee maker and doesn't require filters. But I have found that when measuring in the coffee grounds with the regular coffee scoop that it either makes it to strong or to weak. I think they need to put a scoop in with the coffee maker. I guess I will have to keep trying to find the best brew with what I have.

Brew Performance
I really like how fast it heats up and then brews. The only problem I have with it is it uses a lot of extra water and I am not sure why? Needless to say I end up adding more water to it.

Cleaning it one of my favorite parts about this machine. All you have to do is take a damp cloth and wipe. Cleaning the "filter" is even easy'er just dump and rinse.

Very, very easy!!

Great design! and it fit's under lower cupboard space like I have in my kitchen.

It seams to hold up really well from what I can tell. ( I have had mine for only 1 month ) I love how is it made of stainless steal.