3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Fresh Hot Coffee in Five Minutes

My husband bought the Hamilton Beach Stay or Go coffee maker, about four years ago. It's a great coffee maker. Brews quick, it's programmable and makes a mean cup of...Read complete review

My husband bought the Hamilton Beach Stay or Go coffee maker, about four years ago. It's a great coffee maker. Brews quick, it's programmable and makes a mean cup of coffee.

I'm a person who MUST have coffee quick, hot and strong first thing in the morning, so this particular coffee maker is great for me. I program it before I go to bed the night before and when I get up, my coffee is fresh, hot and ready.

I like that I can have it poured fresh from the carafe or brew it in the stainless steel travel mugs. Very convenient.

There is a small, minor inconvenience to the coffee maker though. That is that it only makes 8 cups. When we have company for coffee, we have to make multiple pots of coffee to serve more than two people. When it's just my husband and myself, it's perfect, but when we have guests, it can be a pain to make sure everyone gets a cup of coffee.

I would recommend this product to everyone, but if I were to buy a new coffee maker, it would have make more than 8 cups of coffee.

A little let down with the Stay or Go.

I was very excited about buying a new coffee maker. I mean our family drinks quite a bit of coffee. When I finally broke the carafe on my hand me down coffee pot I was thrilled. Well, not at first when there was glass in my sink, but I had never bought a coffee pot before so I was a little excited.

I am a total review person so I scoured the internet and asked family and friends what they have currently and had in the past. My father in law has had multiple Hamilton Beach coffee makers. My dad has the pricier Bunn. I was stuck in the middle. I had to figure out exactly what I needed it for too. Just a regular old cup of Joe or did I need it to do more? I decided I wanted something basic. I'm pretty much a hot coffee and iced coffee kind of girl with a few iced teas thrown in there too. I stumbled upon the Hamilton Beach Stay or Go and thought this was the best of both worlds.

Here's what I love and hate:

I really like that it's stainless steel. Looks nice and modern. I have a stainless steel to go cup that my husband and I fight over so I thought this would be perfect. I liked the size. It is a 10 cup, but this does come in a smaller pot size. I really like the idea that it has no burner to ruin your coffee if you like to savor it or just can't drink it very fast. I am happy with the button placement and settings to pick from. Pretty basic. On/off, clock, dark/brew into to go cups and auto brew. I like that it has to go mugs that it can brew right into. I really like that the pot is safe to bew iced tea into all the while holding the ice. It's so insulated that it doesn't melt all your ice while brewing. I could take or leave the blue digital clock.

I really am upset with the temperature of the coffee. Even if I take a cup the second it's done brewing it's just right. I kind of like my coffee a little too hot so once I add creamer and find my spot to enjoy it, it's still hot enough. This coffee maker doesn't even come close. It just gets worse the longer it sits too. So now I don't even get to use my favorite stainless mug because I have to put my coffee in the microwave to reheat it anyway. I also don't like that you cannot remove the pot to pour a cup if you can't wait for the entire pot to brew. I wish the to go cups were stainless on the inside. I'm not for brewing hot coffee into plastic. This is just a personal thing I guess. I know that most to go mugs are made this way too. The green light that comes on can double as a whole house night light. It's that bright at night. Not a major issue, I'm just saying. The pot is rather heavy. And this is before it's filled with coffee. So if you have wrist issues maybe this isn't the coffee maker for you. One major issue is that the markings for the water measurements is way off. I am well aware that a cup of coffee isn't 8 oz. It's 6. Well this pot counts a cup as 5 oz. This is okay if you like strong coffee like myself, but it irked me that it was this way. It doesn't say this anywhere in the manual either. I measured out 10 cups of water (60 oz here) and there wasn't enough room in the coffee maker to hold that much water. Seriously?! I don't mind having to hold down a button to get coffee out of the pot, but I feel like this could have been designed better. And last, but not least is not strictly an issue with this coffee maker, but all of them. When are they going to come out with a filter basket that is easy to clean? I hate trying ti clean in between those darn ridges.

Overall, it brews, it works, but not up to my standards. I'm just upset because it's less than 6 months old and I don't want to dish out more money on another coffee maker. I have heard amazing reviews for this, but maybe it's touch and go. You decide. Thanks!

UPDATE: We finally got rid of this coffee maker last year because it started leaking all over when you poured it. I thought it was just my husband trying to pour too fast, but it does it every single time. It would leak down the side of the carafe onto the counter. One more strike against the coffee maker I tried so hard to love.

Brew Performance
The coffee came out just hot enough. Once you added even the smallest amount of creamer it was not to my liking. Might be good for those of you who take it black.

I liked the idea of the to go cups and being able to make iced tea in one step.

Dropped one of the to go cups and the whole bottom came off. The pot itself was fine. A few dents from hand washing.

One good coffee maker

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go Deluxe 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

Good quality for the money! Lasted for seveal years!

Brew Performance
Consistent brew, needed minimal maintenance to upkeep.

Inside parts a little difficult to get clean but no more than any other coffee maker.

Simple use any one can do it. I like being able to set it to brew the night before.

Very attractive and sleek, looked very nice in my kitchen.

Lasted several years where others burnt out in less than a year. We have been through several coffee pots over the years, this one lasted the longest.

• Brew Performance:

Makes my mornings less stressful

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go Deluxe 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

It brews coffee quickly, so If I'm in a hurry, I have the satisfaction of knowing I can make a hot cup without wasting a lot of time. It's extremely easy to use, it comes with a reusable, washable coffee filter, so no need to buy pack after pack of paper coffee filters.

Brew Performance
Brews coffee in a matter of minutes. The water heats up very fast and makes a great cup every time.

Fairly easy to clean, but kind of messy in the first place since the dispenser shoots out spurts of coffee.

Extremely easy to use. Fill back compartment with desired amount of water, fill reusable coffee filter with desired amount of coffee, and start. You only need to press 2 buttons to get it working and there a total of 5 push-able buttons.

It's not super duper fancy, it's simple, inside and out, which is how I like it. Just add desired amount of water, desired amount of coffee, start, done!

Very durable as long as there's no unnecessary rough-handling.

• Brew Performance:

You must own this coffee maker

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go Deluxe 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

What an excellent coffee maker. You know the saying you don't know what you got until it's gone? Well that's exactly what happen to me. I had this coffee maker for 10 years, enjoying coffee like it's no big deal. Then last month, the coffee maker breaks. So I think, no big deal, I will go get another. Unfortunately this one wasn't offered at my store of choice so I bought another brand name. Ugh! A huge mistake. I miss my Hamilton Beach. This maker has hot coffee every time, and it stays hot, a big flaw of my current coffee maker. I love that there isn't a hot plate so you don't have to worry about turning it off. When I head out to soccer games in the morning, the set and go is a great feature. Coffee ready in the morning and it brews right into the travel mug. The mugs are a great added bonus.

Brew Performance
Hot coffee every time! The fact that the coffee stays hot for what seems like forever is very nice too.

I couldn't put very good because I only cleaned it a couple of times. But very easy to do.

Add coffee, Add water. Doesn't get much easier then that.

Can't complain. Coffee goes right into the carafe. It's not messy and if you want to use the travel mugs those are good too.

My model I had for more than 10 years. I would say durability is excellent. I am going to break down and buy a new one. If you don't have one, you should get one too!

• Brew Performance:

A little let down with the Stay or Go.

from Kaukauna, WI

Here's what I love and hate:

Brew Performance

I liked the idea of the to go cups and being able to make iced tea in one step.

I loved this coffee pot

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go Deluxe 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

My dad gave me this coffee pot as a gift and I loved it. I could make a whole pot of coffee and it would stay warm in the thermal pot for hours without it getting overcooked and bitter. There is no hot plate on this unit so there was never a worry about forgetting to turn it off. It also had an option to make just one or two travel mugs of coffee and the travel mugs were included that made coffee to go to work super easy. I used this for about a year and then something went wrong the coffee brewed cold I tried to find the same unit in a local store and could not. I ended up with a kerug since i liked the one cup option but the k cups are expensive and I can not get my most favorite coffee in kcups and so this coffee maker with the one cup option was a better deal.. especially since i had the option of one cup or a big pot to serve a whole dinner party..

after about a year coffee was brewing cold.

Convenient Thermos Ready Coffee Maker

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go Deluxe 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

From the first cup made to the present, this coffee maker has consistantly performed as expected. The coffee is easy to make, stays hot in the thermos containers for five plus hours, doesn't drip or leak on the counter and tastes great. It will soon pay for itself in savings and time.

TOTAL PIECE OF CRAP!!!

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go Deluxe 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

Do not waste your money....it leaks everytime you pour it....the cups retain water and drip on you when you drink from them...and now after two months of use I have to turn it on at least three times just to get one complete pot....Its a total waste of money...and i paid full price for mine...and the company wants more money to fix it??? Nice warranty....NOT

• Brew Performance:

You will drink more coffee with this awesome coffee pot!

from 200011

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go Deluxe 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

Trying to find a perfect coffee pot isn't easy,but with the Hamilton Beach Stay or Go,your dreams will be answered.

No more elements where your pot sits and your coffee gets cold and strong.With this unique pot,your coffee always stays hot and fresh in the thermal stainless steel pot. You can make up to 10 cups,+ take the pot outside,to the garage or wherever you're going to be.Whether 10 min,or 4 hrs,you will still have fresh hot coffee.

The machine doesnt take up much room on a counter. It has a clock,it's programable,+ comes with 2 stainless steel travel mugs.You can fill up your mugs + Stay or Go with them as well.

Very well constructed.Its the first coffee pot I've found in a long time that works perfectly.

Hamilton Beach Stay or Go Deluxe Thermal Coffeemaker-Not Happy

from Glen Carbon, IL

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go Deluxe 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

First of all I thought this was great until I used it regularly. Both of my travel cups have fallen apart, both held water after being washed that would then drip out when tilting the cup up to drink. Every time I use the carafe to poor coffee it leaks. Not happy at all with this product.

Hamilton Beach coffee maker is above average

from Columbus, IN

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go Deluxe 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

We were given a the Hamilton Beach Stay or Go Deluxe Thermal Coffeemaker as a gift. We have used it almost every day for quite a while now. Overall, I really like this machine. It makes up to 10 crovups of coffee, which is great for my wife and I. Occasionally, the filter will clog or the entire pot will not brew (I'm sure that this happens with other makers too). My biggest complaint is with the coffee pot. After the coffee is brewed, it's very difficult to pour into the provided cups. It leaks like a sieve! I've talked to a couple of other people with this same unit, and they experience the same thing. I pour it over the sink to avoid the estimated 3 or 4 tablespoons of coffee that drip and run. The cups are ok for drinking, but tend to leak around the seal as well. The coffee comes out hot and brewed nicely. Overall, very happy with this unit. It's easy to program, brews quick, and keeps my coffee hot :)