Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

clean up is a breeze

when i purchased the hamilton beach slow cooker i bought it to replace my original crook pot that i had for many years and new that it was durable .i also bought this specific one due to it was white and my kitchen was white and i wanted it tio blend in .i know there  are alot of peole who want the differnt colors but i felt like it stuck out in my kitchen . it has served me well  especialy for what i paid for it. the only down side to this specific slow cooker is that it's handels and the cover handel is medal and it gets hot to the touch.i have little children so everytime i use this i have to make sure it's on the counter  top away from little hands .i also have to use a handmit to lift the lid up so i dont burn myself. the best part is the clean up .i am able to remove it from it's base and bring it with me.this is especialy great around the holidays  i tend to make mash potatoes at thanks giving and bring it to my moms house and it helps keep the potatoes warm..i also love the easyness of clean up,after dinner any left overs can be stored right in it and put in my refridge .i depend on this cooker due to i have a child that is in the hospital offten and i know i can prepare  a meal that is healthy for them unstead of relying on fast food. and know that when i come home from the hospital  my dinner is ready or that my older son can cook in this with the safty of him  not taking any chance  of a fire . i dont like my kids cooking when im not home but with this i am at ease knowing my son can make chilli  and come home to a warm healthy meal.

The Stay-or-Go can stay or go ...

I received this slow cooker a few years ago as a gift one Christmas and while it definitely does the job, it is VERY heavy and therefore, hard to clean.  It comes with it's own mini cookbook, which I do like and have used a few of the recipes that have turned out well.  In fact, if I make chili in it, I only use the recipe that came wtih the slow cooker because it comes out the best.  I also like the fact that it the outside of it doesn't get too hot.  HOWEVER, the pot is ceramic and therefore, extremely heavy.  I am 5'3", approx. 120 lbs and have had 3 babies who were all in the 90th (or higher) percentile as infants.  So I've definitely done my fair-share of lifting.  I'm no body-builder, but can usually handle washing the dishes.  This pot is just too heavy for me.  I always feel like I'm on the verge of dropping it, especially when it's soapy and wet.  I admit, I've never owned another slow cooker before so I don't know if that is just part of the technology and necessary for it to be a slow cooker, but once this one goes bad, I'm definitely looking into getting another (lighter) one.  I've never brought it outside my home mostly because it is so heavy, which kind of defeats the whole stay-or-go design.  I like the lock-in lid but since I've never brought this anywhere, I have yet to test it out.

title clearly tells you what you are buying

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

This is a great slow cooker. Not being much of a cook, it came with a recipe book which was a real necessity for me. I love being able to throw in a bunch of ingredients and have it turn out tasty and well done, especially after practically no work from me.

Time to Heat
Depending on the settings you require, the time it takes to heat is just great.

Cooking Performance
The cooking performance is fantastic! I follow the recipes as I have no imagination. Everything always turns outs perfect.

The unit cleans beautifully. You just take out the middle cooking cylinder, put it in the dishwasher and wipe down the outside of the unit.

Couldn't be easier. Follow the settings in the recipes and you won't go wrong!

They designed the unit very well. Not only does it work well but it looks good on the counter.

I have owned this unit for over 5 years and there isn't a mark on it. Mind you, I do take care of it but it is made of such strong material that it would take a lot to mark or scratch it.

Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go 6-quart Slow Cooker

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I have several slow cookers, but when I found this one in the store, I just had to have it. I love the oval design. It is perfect for slow cooking roasts, chickens or other cuts of meats. There is more than enough room to add vegetables and still not have to worry about liquid bubbling out over the top. The electrical cord is just the right length and stays easily out of the way when the slow cooker is being used. I love the stay or go feature. The lid always stays in place during transport. The one unique thing that had me falling in love with this slow cooker is the spoon holder on top of the lid. It is perfect! The whole slow cooker is very easy to clean. The temperature dial on the front is easy to use and easy to read. I have never had a problem or issues with the slow cooker not heating up to desired temperature and cooking the food I had inside. I have used this slow cooker a lot for transporting of foods and it has held up amazingly well. I am very impressed with this low cooker.

Favorite Christmas present

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I love using the crock pot for so many things. Any chunk of meat cooked in the crock pot all day comes out tender and juicy (as long as it is not overcooked). My Mom and sister each had one of these, while I just had a little one, and my Dad found this one for me for Christmas about 2 years ago, Great addition to my kitchen. I love the size and shape, not to crazy to store, but large enough serving for my growing family and maybe a few friends. Love the locking lid, great for my husbands adventures in Chili cook offs, does not spill in the car during transportation. I have long since lost the spoon that sits on top that came with it, but it is no big deal because other spoons from my collection seem to stay in there just fine. Heats and cooks to perfection every time.

Time to Heat
Never had a problem with how fast it warms up, and may I say, the temperature settings mean something, my foods are not boiling on low, something I have heard is a problem with some other slow cookers.

Cooks to perfection

As long as you don't overflow your foods or burn them it is just a matter of wiping things down. If I have extra room, I will put the crock in my dishwasher. Spillage requires a little more effort, but not crazy, just like any other means of cooking.

I have only had mine for about 2 years, but I think my mom has had hers for over 5, has held up great.

• Cooking Performance:

Best slow cooker on the market!

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

Best slow cooker. Hands down. I received this as a wedding present almost five years ago. It still works like new - and I use it a LOT (at least 2-3x a week). The seal is still going strong and I LOVE how it keeps everything contained on the go. It heats up quickly, evenly, and washes well. I've used this thing to cook soups, chicken, beef, bread, dried beans, and much much more. The only negative thing I can come up with is that the lettering on the dial (High - Low - Warm - Off) has started to rub off; but that's most likely my fault for scrubbing it too hard. Also, the spoon that comes with this is my favorite ladle - hands down. This is one of my favorite things to give as a gift - definitely a purchase you won't regret!

Cooking Performance
Haven't had a meal fail yet. Cooks meat sooo well.

Hard to clean the outside sometimes when things get burned on the side.

So simple. No fancy buttons or settings. Love that.

Lettering on the dial is starting to fade.

Simply Amazing

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I love crock pots/slow cookers. They make life and cooking so much easier. I think that you can make healthy meals simply and that is the best part. I always use mine...usually at least once a week. My favorite thing I have in my kitchen.

Time to Heat
I put ingredients for soup the other day that mainly needed to be warmed up. Didn't take long at all (less than two hours for a full pot)

Cooking Performance
I think that it has done a great job so far, cooking evenly and perfectly.

The main part lifts out easily, so it is incredibly easy to clean

It is SO easy!
1. Plug in
2. Put in ingredients
3. Put on lid
4. Turn to low or high setting and let cook until recipe (or instinct) says it's done!

I like the fact that it has three settings (warm, low, high).
I really like the rubber around the lid to make sure that the seal is better when cooking.
I also really like the spoon it came with as well as the "clips/clasps" that it has so that when carrying it, there is less of a chance that it will spill on you.
I also really like that the main part lifts out to be washed easily.

This is only my second crock pot/slow cooker I have had in my life (my other one my mom kept with her and she still uses it), so I can't really comment on this specific one's durability as much, because I haven't had it that long, but I know that this company is known for making quality items that last, so I have a feeling that this product will be similar.

• Cooking Performance:

Changed my life for ever! So easy to "Set it and forget it!" lol

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

Great, easy, efficient. I'm 24 and I live on my own and when I get home from school and work the last thing I want to do is cook something! You can just throw something in before I leave for work and its ready when I get home. I am able to make easy, delicious meals that are still healthy!

Great item

from Baltimore md

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

This is a great item to purchase especially for those that have large families or like to cook ahead. I use mine mostly for cooking ahead. You can cook just about anything your heart desires and best of all there is a spoon rest on top for no mess on the counter or continuous washing of the spoon. I use mine to make roast, pork roast, meatballs, chicken noodle soup, chicken and dumplings and a whole lot more. I cook large amounts and have some for dinner that night. I freeze the rest for future dinner use. If you marinade a roast of some sort and cook it on low for 8 hours it turns out so juicy and tender you don't even need a knife to cut it. I just take a fork and shred it apart. This is really great for those that don't have time to cook. just set it and forget it. Divide everything up into small portions and just freeze it. When your on the run or need a quick meal you can pull it right from the freezer and heat it right in your microwave.

can set your own time

always tender

The pot comes right out

• Cooking Performance:

Pretty good but not the best.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

Technically, this slow cooker is my moms. When my first slow cooker was destroyed (long story but my kids were to blame and sadly that one is no longer produced, it was my favorite!) I borrowed my mom's for a few months before I purchased a new one (I wanted to find the perfect one before buying since I'm a slow cooker-aholic). Since I did use this one over 50 times in that period I felt I had a valid review.

It worked well, and even though I was longing for my old slow cooker I learned to appreciate what this one had to offer. But in spite of how well it worked I decided NOT to purchase this one. And overall I'm happy I didn't.

Time to Heat
It took about 20 minutes to get to the highest without any frozen food.

Cooking Performance
All my favorites cooked just as good in this slow cooker as in my old one. It seemed to take about 30 minutes to an hour longer though but still within 8 hours.

Cleaned up nicely. If something was really cooked a long time I found I had to use more elbow grease but soaking in warm water with a fabric softener sheet over night worked wonders. The outside took some time to clean which I didn't like.

Since, in my opinion almost all slow cookers are more or less the same in how one uses them, this one was no exception. At times I liked that the lid locked shut but sometimes that bothered me. I can see how it some people feel its a safety issue but I taught my kids never to tough the slow cooker and kept it out of reach.

I did LOVE the spoon rest on the kid!!

• Cooking Performance:

Amazing Slow Cooker at an Affordable Price!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

The Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker is one of the best slow cookers that is presently on the market. It keeps things warm without drying them out; it heats soup up quite evenly, and I have found it to be quite effectively insulated, leading to food staying warm, even if the Slow Cooker isn't turned on at that particular moment.

Time to Heat
This particular slow cooker heats up quite nicely without burning my food. Quickly and efficiently to be sure.

Cooking Performance
The Stay or Go Slow Cooker is highly effective when it comes to it's cooking performance. It cooks food evenly, without drying any of it out.

The inner ceramic cooking pan comes out quite easily, making this product incredibly easy to clean.

One dial to control all of the slow cooker leads to a very easy to use device, and an instruction manual that gives excellent examples on which setting to use for whatever you are planning on cooking.

The design is very simple, and very easy to use. My only complaint would be that it would be nicer to have a little more control when it comes to setting a temperature, but that is just me nit-picking at this point.

I have had no issues yet with this slow cooker, and it seems to be very heavily built.

Great product

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I had to upgrade to a larger crock pot/slow cooker and decided I would purchase and use this Hamilton Beach Stay or Go Six Quart Slow Cooker 33163 and it has turned out to be a great slow cooker. First and foremost Hamilton Beach products are almost always top notch and usually not disappointing like some other brands. They have lived up to their good reputation with this product. The first thing that I truly love about this Hamilton Beach Stay or Go Six Quart Slow Cooker is the fact that you can lock the lid and it has handles to carry it wherever you go. Therefore you can take it to family reunions and work place get togethers. It I so convenient to just plug it in and your good warms up right then and there. Another good thing about this slow cooker is that it is the perfect size to cook whatever you like such as roast or chili and anything else you like. This product is pretty reasonably priced do it should fit in to most any budget.