Other Electric Can Openers:
Hamilton Beach
Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener

Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener

Hamilton Beach Can Opener - more sanitary and no sharp edges

From the first day that we discovered a can opener that opened cans without a blade we never went back.

The Hamilton Beach #76606 Smooth Touch Can Opener is a better choice...Read complete review

The Hamilton Beach #76606 Smooth Touch Can Opener is a better choice for several reasons:

- The can is opened by releasing the seal around the top of the lid, not by cutting into the lid with a blade. There are no sharp edges; and the dirty lid doesn't fall into the can's contents.

- The can opener can handle any size can and allows the lid to be lifted off.  Have you ever had the problem in which the blade can opener only cut part of the way around; and you ended up hacking at it with a knife or hand can opener?

- It has an ergonomic handle to make opening cans even easier.

- It looks really great in the kitchen!  The black-and-chrome design looks sharp with any decor.

A little tip -- Sometimes it will take a couple of times around to open a stubborn lid.  Also, if there's a lot of glue attaching the lid to the can, you may have to give it an extra tug.

The Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener is a smart and handy addition to any kitchen.

The perfect can opener

Loved it until it started leaving my cans 1/2 open and metal slivers hanging all around the can. Which does notake it a good thing to have near your food.. I wish there was a way to replace the cutter but there isny. Myoms old leave a sharp edge one lasted longer then this. Kinda a waste of money if you can't replace the part. To bad. Bad design issue not addressed for the people who just can't run a buy a new one .

The perfect can opener

from MI

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Comfortable Grip
  • Easy To Use
  • Leaves Smooth Edges

Cons

• Can leave metal shavings around the can
  • Difficult to Clean

• All Ages
  • Easy Recycling
  • Family Kitchen

Nice for a while

Comments about Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener:

Can opener was great to start with. Makes a noise as it cuts and changes (louder ) when finished (which I liked). Opened can via the side no problem, but 6 months in and it now only opens half the can and no blade replacement . so now must buy another. You also must watch out for metal slivers that are around the top and sides.

worked real well for first 6 months

6 months and well almost useless

Nice design but would like better blade

Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener- they done it again!

from Goshen, IN

Comments about Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener:

I love some of Hamilton Beaches' products. They are mostly my favorite brand- next to KitchenAid & Cuisinart. This works great. It is one of the first machines of its kind and is very unique and original. it works so well, it really holds onto the cans and they don't fall off or slip from the thing. It realy gets smooth edge and cut very nicely. I don't think I will buy another one of these though just beause it actually is faster to do it with a hand can opener- and it is slightly pointless to have a machine like this. If you have arthritis this would be really good for you, becaue you don't have to do the twisting and turning of the openers. But on a good point: this is very sanitary and doesn't leave sharp edges!

Open sesame

from Huntington, NY

Comments about Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener:

I wouldn't consider this product a "must-have" item, but it's definitely a "nice to have". I've sometimes cut myself on the sharp edges of the can that a handheld can opener sometimes leaves. More often than that, though, I've had the newly opened lid fall into the can. It causes a mess and it's kinda gross too. That won't happen with the Smooth Touch because it breaks the seal instead of cutting the lid off. And instead of cranking all around the circle, all you have to do is push a button. It's nice that the design is pretty sleek and that it can open any sized can. I also think it's safer for the sanitation workers who have to collect the recyclables - they will hopefully be ;ess likely to cut themselves while doing their job.

Hamilton Beach 76606 Smooth Touch Can Opener

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener:

I can not say enough about this can opener..ya it is just a can opener but I would not do without it..it's design is great..looks great and can be judged by it's cover..it is high enough to do large cans without struggling to reach latch...latch stays in place does not come out and the latch locks cans in place with an easy push down latch..locks in place and easily unlocks from cans..no sharp blade..has a smooth wheel that runs along the can making the top of the can a clean smooth cut so there are no sharp edge lids..lid stays on can and easliy lifts from top of can leaving no sharp edges to cut yourself..lid does not fall into can leaving it more santiary..very quiet also...This Hamiton Beach can opener comes with an all-purpose pair of scissors that can be easily stored in the back side of can opener..This Hamition Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener does cost more then the regular can openers but is well worth the extra cost..

HB Smooth Touch Can Opener: It'll Open Your Cans!

from Apex, NC

Comments about Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener:

I bought this because I'm lefthanded, so using a conventional can opener does not always work well with me. Sure, I could have bought a can opener made for lefties, but why do that when you can own this?

The appliance is a nice size and tucks away nicely when not in use. The power cord isn't obnoxiously long, so I don't have to worry about that getting in the way.

Using this can opener takes away the fear of crazy sharp edges and losing a lid that has sunk beneath the surface of the food. Keeps it clean.

Getting the can in there and making it go was a little tricky at first, but it's actually really easy to use, goes quickly, and doesn't cause induce the pain and anxiety caused by handheld can openers. The whirring of the motor isn't the most soothing sound, but when a can is opened in four secounds with minimal effort, there's really no room for complaints.

Best can opener for lazy people

from Baldwin Park, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener:

I got tired of my regular hand held can opener. Not only was it a hassle to use because you actually have to use pressure, but it didn't look nice either. I never really wanted to get an automatic can opener because most of them are very, very loud. But after testing the Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener and hearing how quiet it was, I decided to purchase it. It's not noiseless, but at least it's the quietest one that I've found so far. I really like the look of it because it is a very modern design. This is something I would definitely buy to give somebody as a housewarming gift or as a Christmas gift for co-workers and gift exchanges. It's not too pricey, and it's a very functional, useful gift for anybody, both males and females.

Cool can opener

from Marysville, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener:

Okay, I'm all about using simple gadgets and a little elbow grease to do things, especially when it comes to opening cans. Now we got the Hamilton Beach Touch Can Opener as a gift so that's why I have one to review here. I was not expecting much, but I have to say I am impressed with how easy it is to use and open a can. Just place the can on the cutting line, and the machine does the rest. It opens the can, smooths out the sharp edges and plops it right back where you can open the lid easily. No more needing a fork to pop open the lid, or worrying about the sharp edges of the lid cutting you. Of course I would not buy this product in the first place since it costs more money then its worth in function, but I have to say if you are looking for a neat kitchen gadget, go for it. It will be great around kids or people who have problems opening cans. For this reason, I recommend the Touch Can Opener for your household.

Good can opener if you have the money

from Charlotte, TN

Comments about Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener:

My old faithful can opener finally decided it couldnt't work anymore, so I was forced to find a new one. My old can opener produced sharp edges that I had to carefully wathc when we had children over at our house. It also got very dirty sometimes, and it was hard to clean. Although this can opener was over 30 bucks for me, I still find it to be much easier to use than my old one. The Hamiltion Beach 76606 Smooth Touch can Opener does exatclty what the name implies. It produces smoother edges than older ones do, reducing the need to keep bandades beside the can opener in the ktichen. It really does not get dirty like older canopeners do, so it is much more sanitary than older models. If you do not have the money to spend on a can operner, then this one is not for you. If you do have the money to spend, I do reccomend this can opener because it is much safer and is way more sanittary than the canopeners of the past.

Great can opener!

from Dripping Springs, TX

Comments about Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener:

I bought this Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener for my mother two years ago. It's such a fantastic little gadget that I wanted to reclaim it for myself! It is sleek and sytlish with the stainless/black finish. It comes from a reputable manufacturer/household name...always a plus! The Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener is different from mnay other can openers on the market because it leaves SMOOTH EDGES which is fantastic because it's so much safer. It's also more sanitary and I love that the lids of the cans can fit right back on top for items like wet dog food. It's a pretty quiet can opener and is fairly easy to use once you get the hang of it the first couple of times. Overall a great product!