Other Blenders:
Hamilton Beach
Models:
51101, 51101, 51101R, 51101B

• Versatility:

Perfect for small apartments and dorm rooms!

I have owned and used my Hamilton Single Serve Blender for the past 3 years.  I am very impressed at its quality.  It's compact but can take a beating.  The blender lid with removable centerpiece is perfect for adding fruit to smoothies, and the travel lid couldn't be more handy.  My only complaint is that after a while the slider on the travel lid mouth is not perfectly sealed and can leak a little. Even so, I almost never have a problem with the top leaking.  It attaches securely to the reservoir and is great for people on-the-go. Fits in my car cupholder.

Not great for big jobs, but absolutely perfect for making smoothies or iced drinks for one or two people.  I use mine to puree, chop and blend ingredients for small recipes when I'm cooking for 3 or fewer people.  Blades haven't dulled at all, and my favorite feature is its cord-keeper.  Cord wraps around the base of the model in a recessed groove for easy storage.  It's a very clean-looking, easy to use machine and takes up virtually no counterspace--which is a HUGE plus in my tiny apartment.

Small, handy and strong.  The only real drawbacks to this machine are that it can't handle large volumes of ingredients (single serve), the slider on the top can sometimes come loose (but can easily be fixed) and the motor tends to heat up when used for long periods of time.  If you take care of this machine it will take care of you!

Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender

This is my first single serve blender and so far, it's working out just fine. It's easy to use for those times when I want something other than a diet Coke or water. I'll fix my husband and myself a drink when we've been working outside in the heat and want something to sip while cooling down. Our favorite smoothie is the Yoplait Strawberry Banana with one cup of skim milk and blended for a minute or so. So far, we've not had any unchopped pieces of fruit. This makes enough for the both of us to have a glass. We've also made shakes using yogurt ice cream and skim milk but we've not crushed ice with it (yet).

The 14 ounce jar does double as a traveling cup but I'd feel rather silly riding to town drinking from it. I prefer pouring my smoothie into a glass. It has 175 watts (is somewhat loud) with a single touch operation and the stainless steel blades look durable. I hand wash mine and let it drain.

It doesn't take up much space on my counters and since we've been using it frequently, I leave it out. For my first single-serve blender, it's not bad and we're getting our use out of something that didn't cost all that much.

Great Single Serve Blender

from Lubbock, TX

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Good Pitcher

Cons

• Hard to Clean

• Small Kitchen
  • Smoothies

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

This is a great blender for making one or two smoothies. The power button does not stay down, so you have to hold it down or continue to push it. The thing I dislike the most is how hard it is to clean. The blades do not come out of the pitcher part so it's hard to get under the blades to clean them. I recommend rinsing the blender immediately after use!

Convenient and affordable

from Elk Grove, California

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Powerful
  • Precise Control

Cons

• Hard to Clean

• Drinks

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

Very easy to use and compact. Easy to make one drink at a time as I need it.

Perfect for making a quick drink

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

This blender is very good. It is small enough that it can fit anywhere in my kitchen and simple enough to use that even my eleven year old can make his own smoothies. Also the fact that it is so inexpensive makes owning it all that much better. The simple one button control and top loading are also a fantastic plus. If I have a complaint however it would be that like most blenders it is somewhat of a pain to clean but with less exposed parts it is safer for my child to use. I love the fact that I can crush ice with it I just wish it was a little more powerful.

Blending Power
Not as good as some of the other blenders I have used. It does the job well just seems to take longer.

Versatility
Good for making single serve drinks but I would not trust it very far beyond that.

Most blenders are a pain to clean and this one is no different. I have never liked the fact that it is so hard to remove the blades.

Very easy and incredibly simple design makes it a breeze to use.

The design is nice and compact and it is easy to use but I wish it came with the chrome look and was able to be taken apart easier.

So far I have not had any issues. This blender does take a little longer to use than most but it does hold up well. Crushing ice and blending drinks are still the same as it was when I first bought it.

My High Hopes Got Clogged

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

With the Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender, you definitely get what you pay for. If you are looking for a cheap way to make simple smoothies, then this will probably not disappoint you. But as far as performance, this blender hardly makes the cut for me.
I do make most of my smoothies in single serving portions since I like to add all kinds of crazy things to make them uber healthy. However, I found that the Hamilton Blender simply could not live up to my demands. I guess the motor is too small for what I needed.
Even with small amounts of frozen fruits and vegetable, this blender left way to many solid chunks.
The other annoying factor is that you have to continue holding the blend button for as long as you want it to blend. There is not timer or speed option. I wish it had a feature to blend continuously for at least thirty seconds.
I do like how sleek and portable this blender is, but again, the lack of performance power keeps it off of my list of recommendations.
For those looking for more milkshake-like smoothies that consist of yogurt or milk and just a bit of fruit, this blender is fine.

Blending Power
Left large chunks of fruits and veggies in my smoothies. It didn't not break down ice cubes very well either.

No speed options

Simple to clean

Easy to use but annoying to have to continually push the blend button.

love this

from Bellevue, NE

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

I love this blender. It is just the right size for a smoothie or milk shake. It's easy to use. It just has one button. You can pulse and go. I can make a drink quick, and then it washes up easy too. I just blend up some warm soapy water. It's a little hard to unhook it, but I usually don't. I just pour out of the pitcher, and wash and go instead of unhooking it from the base.

Blending Power
I haven't tried it on anything very hard, but it's great for what I use it for: milk shakes.

Versatility
I am not very versatile with it. I usually just make milk shakes.

It's a little hard to unhook it from the base, but it's not really necessary to unhook it. I just fill it with warm soapy water and hit pulse a couple times and rinse it. It's pretty easy.

It's very easy to use. There's just one button: pulse. It's that easy.

It's a little hard to unhook it from the base, but that might be ok because that means it's firmly seated, but it's not really necessary to unhook it from the base.

I've had it several years and I haven't had any problems at all.

• Versatility:

this is one of the best product

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

I recently brought this product a few months ago because I wantes to start drinking and making smoothies. I decided yo buy it and I love the way it crushes the ice and mix everything together. I use it to make milkshakes for my children and smoothies for me and my husband. I would recommend them to everyone. Another thing I like about the product is how easy it is to clean it. At first I was washing it by hand and then I decided to try the doahwasher . its dishwasher safe the only thing that I was is the bottom part. The lid latches on the container tight and it holds the flavors of the drinks. I also have use this blender to make cocktails and other drinks for my family and friends. Before I brought this product there were a lot of reviews good and bad on this product. After reading many reviews of this product and researching the prices and the different brands.I decided to pick this one

Definitely Good for everyday use

from buffalo,ny

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

This blender is good for smoothies and shakes. I've used frozen fruit, kale, spinach, etc. in it and it has had no problems what so ever. It chops up everything nicely and does not leave big chunks. It is also very convenient for the on the go and easy clean up. The best part of it is that it doesn't take much room in a small apartment or kitchen.

Blending Power
Obviously if you want a professional style smoothie this is probably not the choice for you; however if you want something that does the job right for an at home smoothie or shake, then this is the item you are looking for. It does a great job blending everything together so it is easy to take in.

Versatility
I haven't used this for much more than smoothies and shakes; however I would definitely be able to say that it would be great to make many items such as pastes, salad dressings, hummus, etc.

This item is literally a quick 30 second wash in the sink after you're done. It is great for people who don't need much more than one or two servings at a time and don't want to clean up the regular large blenders every time they make something.

All you have to do is place all your items in what looks like a cup and push a button. It doesn't get much simpler than that. The great part of it is that you can just take that cup with you to go.

This design is similar to many other brands, but it is nice not to have to pay those expensive prices for something that does a very similar job.

I've had this product for about 5-6 months now and it still is working great. It seems pretty durable and I think it will last me a long time.

Hamilton Beach Personal Blender

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

I purchased this personal blender several months ago. I wanted a smaller blender that I could use on a daily basis that was not only portable but easy to clean up. This personal blender is easy to use with a one touch operating button. I use this blender to make smoothies and milk shakes. There are times where I will add leafy greens to my smoothies to add extra vitamins. This personal blender has no problem with liquidating various leafy greens. I use various frozen fruits and crushed ice sometimes while making my smoothies and shakes. The stainless steel blade chops right through all of these things with ease.

I like that this personal blender is portable and I can take my beverages on the go. The clean up process is very easy and takes less than 5 minutes to clean the blender. I am very happy with this product and it is well worth the price which is inexpensive.

• Versatility:

The easiest, most convenient blender I've ever used!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

I got one of these for Christmas 2012 (almost 2 years ago) and it's still going strong. I use it for smoothies and milkshakes, grinding up oats into flour, making applesauce and ice cream, and more. There's only one power setting so you don't need to worry about which setting to use, but I've found this blender powerful enough for everything I've made. I will typically choose this over my larger, multiple speed blenders, but I think Hamilton Beach is a higher quality than I'm used to as well. When I use this one to turn oats into flour, the flour always comes out very fine and never grainy. If you run it for too long without actually blending (like if you don’t have enough liquid in the smoothies) it has a hard time blending the ingredients, so make sure to add a little liquid before blending. Overall though, I’d say the quality of this blender is very high and I wouldn’t trade it for another.

Blending Power
Has some trouble with dry ingredients, but works phenomenally otherwise.

Versatility
You can literally take this baby anywhere.

I usually just pop it in the dishwasher, but at school when I don't have one I rinse it out immediately after using it and use a handled sponge to clean out the inside.

Only one button, so you can't really mess that up!

I'm clumsy. I've dropped it a lot. Still in one piece and working great!

• Versatility:

Perfect blender for one person

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

Since my co-workers and I try to eat healthy at work, we decided to get a Hamilton Beach Single Serve Blender to make smoothies during the day. This is the perfect size blender. It does not take up too much counter space, and it is the perfect serving size for a smoothie for one person. Although it's small, it's powerful enough to blend ice and frozen fruit. This blender seems to be very durable. Although we don't make smoothies every day, we use this a few times a week, and nothing on the blender has broken or cracked.

Blending Power
This is powerful enough to blend crushed ice and frozen fruit.

This would be easier to clean if I had a dishwasher at work, but I have to wash it by hand at work. It's really easy to wash since it's just basically a cup that you're washing.

This is very easy to use.

I like that this is designed to serve one person. It's also nice that the cup has a travel lid, so you don't have to worry about making a mess when pouring it into another cup.