Other Blenders:
Hamilton Beach
Models:
51101, 51101, 51101R, 51101B

Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender

Pros

• Easy to clean (3)
  • Good pitcher (3)
  • Good power output (3)
  • Precise control (3)

• Drinks (4)
  • Small kitchen (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (4)

Perfect for small apartments and dorm rooms!

I have owned and used my Hamilton Single Serve Blender for the past 3 years.  I am very impressed at its quality.  It's compact but can take a beating.  The blender lid with removable centerpiece is perfect for adding fruit to smoothies, and the travel lid couldn't be more handy.  My only complaint is that after a while the slider on the travel lid mouth is not perfectly sealed and can leak a little. Even so, I almost never have a problem with the top leaking.  It attaches securely to the reservoir and is great for people on-the-go. Fits in my car cupholder.

Not great for big jobs, but absolutely perfect for making smoothies or iced drinks for one or two people.  I use mine to puree, chop and blend ingredients for small recipes when I'm cooking for 3 or fewer people.  Blades haven't dulled at all, and my favorite feature is its cord-keeper.  Cord wraps around the base of the model in a recessed groove for easy storage.  It's a very clean-looking, easy to use machine and takes up virtually no counterspace--which is a HUGE plus in my tiny apartment.

Small, handy and strong.  The only real drawbacks to this machine are that it can't handle large volumes of ingredients (single serve), the slider on the top can sometimes come loose (but can easily be fixed) and the motor tends to heat up when used for long periods of time.  If you take care of this machine it will take care of you!

Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender

This is my first single serve blender and so far, it's working out just fine. It's easy to use for those times when I want something other than a diet Coke or water. I'll fix my husband and myself a drink when we've been working outside in the heat and want something to sip while cooling down. Our favorite smoothie is the Yoplait Strawberry Banana with one cup of skim milk and blended for a minute or so. So far, we've not had any unchopped pieces of fruit. This makes enough for the both of us to have a glass. We've also made shakes using yogurt ice cream and skim milk but we've not crushed ice with it (yet).

The 14 ounce jar does double as a traveling cup but I'd feel rather silly riding to town drinking from it. I prefer pouring my smoothie into a glass. It has 175 watts (is somewhat loud) with a single touch operation and the stainless steel blades look durable. I hand wash mine and let it drain.

It doesn't take up much space on my counters and since we've been using it frequently, I leave it out. For my first single-serve blender, it's not bad and we're getting our use out of something that didn't cost all that much.

I would buy this again

from Mckeesport, pa

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Powerful
  • Precise Control
  • Stable

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

I love this for making smoothies & shakes.
    Does not take up much space, the blades do get dull pretty fast after a few weeks of using it.

I would definitely buy again

from Warren,Ohio

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Good Pitcher
    • Powerful
    • Precise Control

Cons

• It's a little shaky

• Crushing Ice
    • Large Kitchen

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

I use this product to chop coffee bean, blend frozen fruits and vegetables for smoothies.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

i would buy this product again

from chicago il

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean

Cons

• hold on to it so it will not fall
    • Unstable

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

I use this blender for making all kinds of fruit blends and smoothies you can add plain yogurt or yogurt with fruit already in it there are many kinds of yogurt some can be made out of soy beans you can use liquid cream or sour cream butter milk or any kind of almond milk soy milk rice milk coconut milk coconut water thick canned creamed coconut there are so many to try also a dash of vanilla will give some added flavor
    and you can add fruit that you like banana strawberry red raspberry black raspberry golden raspberry blackberry mango star fruit jack fruit grapes oranges plums cherries gooseberry pears peach pineapple tangerine watermelon cantaloupe lemon lime chia goji berries red currants black currants cranberries madjool dates
    prunes figs honey dew melon clementines you do not have to add sugar the grate thing about this smooth maker is that you can put the lid on and take it with you
    just rinse twice to clean and let it sit on the counter with the lid off to dry so it will not get moldy they are grate you should go out and get one

Great Single Serve Blender

from Lubbock, TX

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Good Pitcher

Cons

• Hard to Clean

• Smoothies

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

This is a great blender for making one or two smoothies. The power button does not stay down, so you have to hold it down or continue to push it. The thing I dislike the most is how hard it is to clean. The blades do not come out of the pitcher part so it's hard to get under the blades to clean them. I recommend rinsing the blender immediately after use!

Convenient and affordable

from Elk Grove, California

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Powerful
    • Precise Control

Cons

• Hard to Clean

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

Very easy to use and compact. Easy to make one drink at a time as I need it.

Perfect for making a quick drink

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

This blender is very good. It is small enough that it can fit anywhere in my kitchen and simple enough to use that even my eleven year old can make his own smoothies. Also the fact that it is so inexpensive makes owning it all that much better. The simple one button control and top loading are also a fantastic plus. If I have a complaint however it would be that like most blenders it is somewhat of a pain to clean but with less exposed parts it is safer for my child to use. I love the fact that I can crush ice with it I just wish it was a little more powerful.

Blending Power
    Not as good as some of the other blenders I have used. It does the job well just seems to take longer.

Versatility
    Good for making single serve drinks but I would not trust it very far beyond that.

Most blenders are a pain to clean and this one is no different. I have never liked the fact that it is so hard to remove the blades.

Very easy and incredibly simple design makes it a breeze to use.

The design is nice and compact and it is easy to use but I wish it came with the chrome look and was able to be taken apart easier.

So far I have not had any issues. This blender does take a little longer to use than most but it does hold up well. Crushing ice and blending drinks are still the same as it was when I first bought it.

My High Hopes Got Clogged

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

With the Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender, you definitely get what you pay for. If you are looking for a cheap way to make simple smoothies, then this will probably not disappoint you. But as far as performance, this blender hardly makes the cut for me.
    I do make most of my smoothies in single serving portions since I like to add all kinds of crazy things to make them uber healthy. However, I found that the Hamilton Blender simply could not live up to my demands. I guess the motor is too small for what I needed.
    Even with small amounts of frozen fruits and vegetable, this blender left way to many solid chunks.
    The other annoying factor is that you have to continue holding the blend button for as long as you want it to blend. There is not timer or speed option. I wish it had a feature to blend continuously for at least thirty seconds.
    I do like how sleek and portable this blender is, but again, the lack of performance power keeps it off of my list of recommendations.
    For those looking for more milkshake-like smoothies that consist of yogurt or milk and just a bit of fruit, this blender is fine.

Blending Power
    Left large chunks of fruits and veggies in my smoothies. It didn't not break down ice cubes very well either.

No speed options

Simple to clean

Easy to use but annoying to have to continually push the blend button.

love this

from Bellevue, NE

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

I love this blender. It is just the right size for a smoothie or milk shake. It's easy to use. It just has one button. You can pulse and go. I can make a drink quick, and then it washes up easy too. I just blend up some warm soapy water. It's a little hard to unhook it, but I usually don't. I just pour out of the pitcher, and wash and go instead of unhooking it from the base.

Blending Power
    I haven't tried it on anything very hard, but it's great for what I use it for: milk shakes.

Versatility
    I am not very versatile with it. I usually just make milk shakes.

It's a little hard to unhook it from the base, but it's not really necessary to unhook it. I just fill it with warm soapy water and hit pulse a couple times and rinse it. It's pretty easy.

It's very easy to use. There's just one button: pulse. It's that easy.

It's a little hard to unhook it from the base, but that might be ok because that means it's firmly seated, but it's not really necessary to unhook it from the base.

I've had it several years and I haven't had any problems at all.

• Versatility:

this is one of the best product

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

I recently brought this product a few months ago because I wantes to start drinking and making smoothies. I decided yo buy it and I love the way it crushes the ice and mix everything together. I use it to make milkshakes for my children and smoothies for me and my husband. I would recommend them to everyone. Another thing I like about the product is how easy it is to clean it. At first I was washing it by hand and then I decided to try the doahwasher . its dishwasher safe the only thing that I was is the bottom part. The lid latches on the container tight and it holds the flavors of the drinks. I also have use this blender to make cocktails and other drinks for my family and friends. Before I brought this product there were a lot of reviews good and bad on this product. After reading many reviews of this product and researching the prices and the different brands.I decided to pick this one

Definitely Good for everyday use

from Depew, NY

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender:

This blender is good for smoothies and shakes. I've used frozen fruit, kale, spinach, etc. in it and it has had no problems what so ever. It chops up everything nicely and does not leave big chunks. It is also very convenient for the on the go and easy clean up. The best part of it is that it doesn't take much room in a small apartment or kitchen.

Blending Power
    Obviously if you want a professional style smoothie this is probably not the choice for you; however if you want something that does the job right for an at home smoothie or shake, then this is the item you are looking for. It does a great job blending everything together so it is easy to take in.

Versatility
    I haven't used this for much more than smoothies and shakes; however I would definitely be able to say that it would be great to make many items such as pastes, salad dressings, hummus, etc.

This item is literally a quick 30 second wash in the sink after you're done. It is great for people who don't need much more than one or two servings at a time and don't want to clean up the regular large blenders every time they make something.

All you have to do is place all your items in what looks like a cup and push a button. It doesn't get much simpler than that. The great part of it is that you can just take that cup with you to go.

This design is similar to many other brands, but it is nice not to have to pay those expensive prices for something that does a very similar job.

I've had this product for about 5-6 months now and it still is working great. It seems pretty durable and I think it will last me a long time.