Other Blenders:
Single-Serve Blenders
Hamilton Beach
Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender 51103

Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender 51103

Pros

• Easy to clean (8)
  • Good power output (7)
  • Stable (5)
  • Good pitcher (4)
  • Precise control (4)

• Drinks (7)
  • Crushing ice (4)
  • Small kitchen (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (5), Avid cook (3)

Great for quick shakes when in a hurry. Take it to go.

The Hamilton Beach single serve blender is perfect for quick shakes or smoothies. It has plenty of power for mixing powder drinks, as well as blending soft fruits. Ice may challenge it's power blade design, so for serious smoothies with ice I pull out my full size blender.

Blending Power
This won't replace a full size blender, but it is perfect for what it is intended for... quick, single serve drinks.

Versatility
I use mine primarily for shakes and smoothies. The greatest thing about the HB 51103 is it's small size. This allows me to store in in the cabinet right next to the fridge. When I decide I want a shake or smoothie it is right there, ready in seconds. It is large enough for my go-to -- banana + peanut butter + milk -- a refreshing and healthy snack.

Being quite small, the cup can be a bit of a challenge to clean. I don't put it in the dishwasher because I want it ready for the next use right away, but it is sometimes an annoyance. If you take it to the job, then there may be no dishwasher and rinsing it may not be adequate to clean stubborn foods (peanut butter, etc) from the internal geometry. This is the trade-off for the travel sized cup, I suppose.

A twist of the cup locks it in place, and a single button blends your drink... can't get much easier than that. A few seconds is usually enough to thoroughly mix most shakes.

The design is well thought out and nearly flawless. The fact that it is made to fit in most car cup holders is a handy plus, though adversely affects the ease of cleaning. The travel lid should be adequate for a car ride, but is certainly not watertight... it may spill through the sealed spout if tipped over. The cord keeper is just a nice added touch that keeps the unit contained and eases storage.

I have had mine for years and it shows no obvious signs of wear. The mating parts that transfer power to the blades are still in perfect condition with no signs of strain. Although the cup is plastic, it is very heavy-duty and is still like new. Even the measuring marks are unaffected by use, cleaning and age. Note: I do not put mine in the dishwasher, so I can't attest to that use.

The only signs that it is not a brand new unit is a slight discoloration to the lighter colored parts that hold the blade in place.

This blender seems very durable.

Easy to use but smells wierd

I wanted a blender that was small and easy to operate so I picked up this Hamilton Beach blender and decided to try it. My only purpose was to make smoothie drinks. However, with regular use I have noticed a strange chemical smell whenever I operate the unit.

Blending Power
This blender does a decent job in blending. However the blades and motor are small so the blending power is not all that great. The unit is also extremely loud when operating it.

Versatility
This blender comes with a lid for traveling with your blended drink that resembles a coffee lid. But since the blades cannot be removed from the cup you would essentially be drinking with blades in the bottom of your cup.

This blender is not all that easy to clean. The blades do not come out of the cup compartment. You can only rinse the cup or put it in the top rack of your dish washer. I always see black residue around the blades after use.

The blender is easy to use. There is only one button and one speed.

The design of the cup is flawed because the blades cannot be removed.

The cup compartment is durable and has survived many washes in my dish washer.

Great blender!

from Plattsburgh, NY

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Powerful

• Cooking

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender 51103:

This is a great small blender! I can use it to easily make milk shakes or smoothies. It blends a small amount of ice and frozen fruits easily. It is easy to clean and stores easily in my small apartment kitchen.

This is Perfect for Me

from Mesquite, Texas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Powerful
    • Stable

• Smoothies

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender 51103:

I have a large Blender but for fast, easy breakfast smoothies I wanted to get something a bit smaller, after all I was just making one smoothie so why not get something that will easily let me do just that.
      I came across this and was frightened that it wouldn't be powerful, however for a little guy it sure does do the job. Now it's not a Ninja, but it works and it works well. I've used it for complicated smoothies and easy protein mix ones as well and it stands up each and every time.
      Clean up is a breeze as well and I love that it's also a to-go cup too. I have zero complaints, for myself it's perfect for those busy, time limited days.

Great for protein shakes!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
      • Good Pitcher
      • Powerful
      • Precise Control
      • Stable

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender 51103:

I absolutely love my Hamilton Beach single serve blender model number 51103! I mainly use it to make protein shakes and smoothies for working out! But it can also be very versatile and make a lot of drink varieties and one time I even made homemade salsa in this and it turned out super delicious!
        It's pretty good quality which I have come to expect from the Hamilton Beach brand. It was also a very great price especially considering the quality!
        This blender is also very compact so it doesn't take up a lot of room in the kitchen and if you tend to make small batches then this blender is perfect!
        I love how this blender is also very easy to clean and maintain and it is also super simple to figure out how to use it. It makes great tasting beverages and blends up the ingredients very well, even ice!
        Overall, the Hamilton Beach blender is a handy little gadget to have around the kitchen and I would highly recommend it!

Perfect Blender

from Vincennes,IN

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
        • Powerful

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender 51103:

I enjoy this blender a lot as it is perfect for one person who just wants single serving portions. I do not like using the bigger version of these blenders as it makes too much for just one person and there is a lot more wasted product. It is quick, easy, effecient, and simple. All of these characteristics make this particular blender a wonderful choice for me. I use this blender daily for both chopping ice for my son, and making smoothies for myself. My son asks me for chopped up ice several times a day and even more often now that it is summer time. I am so glad that this blender does the job so quickly as my little one is very inpatient. This blender is easy to clean and small enough for easy storage. The blender takes up very little storage space in my kitchen cabinets and I love this about my new, and magnifecent blender. I can literally store this blender anywhere!! I would recommend this blender to my friends and family (anyone for that matter actually).

EXCELLENT BLENDER

from Grand Rapids, MI

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
          • Good Pitcher
          • Powerful
          • Precise Control
          • Stable

• Large Kitchen

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender 51103:

I make a lot of smoothies since I started healthy eating and working out. This blender has never let me down. I wantef one that would puree all my veggies and fruits and this one does not disappoint. I definitely would recommend it .

Pretty decent little guy

from Orlando, FL

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean

Cons

• Not Powerful

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender 51103:

I like to make smoothies in the morning for drinking on the way to work. This little blender is the perfect size for a single serving smoothie. A definite bonus is the lid that makes this a blender and a travel cup all in one. Awesome.
            As far as storage, it is perfect for leaving on the counter in your kitchen as it takes up practically no space at all. There is also a cord wrapper that allows you to hide the cord around the base of the blender itself.
            My only complaint about the Hamilton Beach blender would be the power-capabilities. It sometimes requires me to shake it up to get to some chunks of fruit that are not sucked into the blades on its own. It also sometimes starts to heat and smell funny if powered for too long without blending. Never any danger concerns, just cause for carefulness when using.
            Other than that, great machine for grab and go. Would definitely recommend to anyone needing a small blender to go that doesn't take up any counter space.

Great Little Smoothie Maker !

from Mesa, AZ

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
            • Good Pitcher
            • Powerful
            • Precise Control
            • Stable

• Large Kitchen

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender 51103:

I have 2 of these. I use it everyday to make smoothies. It crushes ice very good, I use it in all my smoothies. Powerful and efficent. Can't be easier to use, one button. Mixes as well as larger models. And at the price, you really can't go wrong.

Very good blender

from GA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
              • Good Pitcher
              • Powerful
              • Precise Control
              • Stable

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender 51103:

I have been very impressed with this blender. I have to admit, it is the first one I've ever purchased and used. I got it for a very affordable low price so I did feel a bit worried on what and how the quality would be but my husband and I have used it several times in the last year and it has never failed us, it has only impressed us a lot. It has held up extremely well. It makes yummy and good smoothies and chops up ice and fruit very, very well. My husband has enjoyed being able to make the smoothies. It's very simple to use, and very easy to clean afterwards. I would definitely recommend this blender to a friend or family member who is looking to purchase the Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender 51103.

Great little blender!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender 51103:

I bought this blender a few years ago (and it's still going strong) so I could make protein shakes for myself. This isn't the most powerful blender on the market but for my purpose of making shakes it works really well. I love that it is compact so it doesn't take up a lot of storage space and that the blender cup doubles as an actual cup. It has a lid you can sip from of put a straw into. The cup is a nice large size and fits in my car cup holders which is a plus as well. Sometimes it'll take a little longer to blend if I have a lot of ice in it, but for the price you really can't beat it. Cleaning it is pretty easy, but I do wish it came with an angled brush to safely clean under the blender blades. The blender cup is a little tough sometimes to unlock and remove from the unit. Occasionally, I've had to wait a few minutes and try again because my hand was beginning to hurt from trying to twist it off. Overall, this is a very adequate blender for making shakes, if you're looking to make something with more that water and ice as ingredients, you may be better off looking for a more powerful unit.

• Versatility:

Smaller than you may think

from Stafford, Virginia

Comments about Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender 51103:

It's convenient but it is smaller than you may think. Maybe I was just expecting too much for a single blender size but I didn't expect that small of a size. The blender itself is very basic but it's also very convenient.

Blending Power
                The blending power is actually really good especially for the size, and type of blender that it is. The power is strong but doesn't ruin your drinks, smoothies, ice cream or whatever you are blending.

Versatility
                It's very easy to put different things in this blender. Almost anything works. It's very versatile.

It's very easy to clean. Usually it only takes a couple of washes, typically only one. Running hot water in and over it with a bit of soap usually works fine.

It's incredibly easy to use.

The design is so compact that you could put it almost anywhere. It won't take up too much space. You could fit it on the counter or on top of an appliance, as long as it's safe to do so. You could also put it in a cabinet, or under the sink. It's small enough that it won't take up too much space in your kitchen.