Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Hamilton Beach Set 'n' Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

• Cooking Performance:

When you want a fast way to slow cook pick Hamilton Beach!

I absolutely love our **Hamilton Beach Set n' Forget Slow Cooker**! There are so many features on this unit that are really fantastic.

On the top of the...Read complete review

On the top of the lid of my **Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker **is a cool little spot where the spoon (that comes with it) fits locks into place for storage. Another awesome little feature is the clip-tight gasket lid. It looks the lid in place so if you're traveling with a dish (church fuctions, holidays, etc) you can bring the whole thing with you already cooked and warm without freaking out that the top will pop off and goop up your car seats or floors (or lap...eeks).

The outside of this **Hamilton Beach Slower Cooker **does get hot, but so does my other stainless steel slow cooker - I think it's pretty normal. What I like better about this slow cooker though is the size, this is still a 6 qt. but it's nice and sleek and takes up less room then my other named brand machine. This** Hamilton Beach Slower Cooker** is awesome - toss it all in and FORGET ABOUT IT! Just like the name says: "**Set and Forget**"!

Time to Heat
Heat up the same as most slow cookers: slooooowwwly!

Cooking Performance
I'm not sure if** Hamilton **is the only one that offers this, but I love the probe setting - I'm a freak about meat being cooked completely, so this really gives us piece of mind knowing our food is cooked to perfection. To use the probe you insert it thru a little whole on the lid and slide it right into your meat and it will monitor the cooking process until the meat has reached the proper temperature. Then, like all of the programs on this**Hamilton Beach Slower Cooker**, it will automatically switch to a low setting that is meant to keep your meal warm until everyone is ready to eat.

This cleans nicely and the outside of the machine just wipes down with a wet wash rag.

So easy to use and has wonderful program features! Makes it a no brainer!

This is the perfect size, not too big, not too small and never in the way! There are three automatic cooking modes you can select with the digital control panel:

- program (great for cooking while away from home - you select a specific amount of cooking time)

- manual (lets you select high or low heat without setting a specific amount of time - good for re-heats)

- probe (great for thick roasts/meats, that need to reach a specific temperature to be fully cooked)

I've not had this item that long; but it seems like it's well made and will last! I love this machine!

Hamilton Beach Set 'N Forget - Shuts off randomly!

**Pros:**

- I love how you can set the crock pot to stop cooking when the meat reaches a certain temperature - perfectly cooked meat!

-...Read complete review

**Pros:**

- The three different options for cooking (manual, program, or temperature) give the flexibility needed for many dishes.

- The size is perfect for big roasts and small dishes.

**Cons:**

- The above positives cannot outweigh the fact that my crock pot decides to shut off whenever it wants to. I often cook a chicken or roast overnight, and getting up the next morning to a cold crock pot with so much ruined meat in it is not pretty. It usually shuts off after running for about eight hours, but has done it after an hour or two as well. I got a crock pot so I could set and FORGET, not have to babysit it to make sure it's still cooking.

- It doesn't cook as long as my new crock pot (CrockPot touch screen model) does, and I like doing long, low cooking times around the clock.

Set and Forget Is Right!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Set 'n' Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

This crock pot is amazing for having dinner ready when I go to work. And with having 3 kids anything that makes having dinner easy and ready is alright with me! I am able to cook anything and everything with this crockpot by Hamilton Beach. I have made beef ribs to stews. It's amazing how simple and convenient. I would highly recommend this crockpot for anybody who's used to the basic low medium and high settings on their slow cooker. This one is so advanced, in the way you can set timer for amount of hours you want your food to cook and just forget about it! I do not know why I did not purchase this sooner. My husband can even prepare dinner for us now, and he is not a cook..to say the least.

My husband is not much if an appliance guy, nor a cook. At least with this Hamilton Beach crockpot, I know he will not starve when I am out of town. I keep all the ingredients in the fridge, and literally label thr crockpot with a sticky note what to set the timer for. And boom, the hubby eats.

• Cooking Performance:

The Perfect Appliance for Moms With Irregular Work Hours!

from Aransas Pass, TX

Comments about Hamilton Beach Set 'n' Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

Do you work shiftwork? Maybe your a nurse, a police officer, or maybe your a full time mom, and working a full time job. I'm a full time mom and I work shift work. Sometimes I work 6pm to 6am, and sometimes I work 6am to 6pm. My schedule is so crazy that I rarely have the energy to come home after a long day and cook a healthy meal. I purchased this slow cooker almost a year ago, because I grew tired of the fast food flavorless meals I was feeding my family. I wanted healthier meal options that fit my schedule while still satisfying my craving for home cooking. Since the purchase of this cooker, my family has not only enjoyed healthier meal options, but we have saved money and time standing over a hot stove. Everyone loves to set it and forget it. I thoroughly enjoy walking through my door at the end of a 12 hour shift and finding that my dinner is hot and ready. This cooker has proven to be reliable. I purchased the same model for my daughter this past Christmas, and she was so happy to receive it.

disappointed

Comments about Hamilton Beach Set 'n' Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

Size good, concept good, looks good
Dlesnt work. It over cooks the food. No matter the setting, it overcooks and dries out my food.
I wrote to the company because I couldnt return it to the store, I didnt hear back. Assuming I was lost in the shuffle, I wrote again. Nothing. I will not buy Hamilton Beach any more.

• Cooking Performance:

A great crock pot for a busy family

from Midland, MI

Comments about Hamilton Beach Set 'n' Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

I love crock pot cooking and probably use mine on an average of three times a week. I recently purchased a Hamilton Beach Set 'n' Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker and have not been disappointed. One of the features I like about this crock pot is that you can set it to cook for a specified period of time, then it automatically turns to the 'warm' setting. This is a great feature for people like me who are gone from home for more than 8 hours a day (many dishes take a lot less time than that). I also like the fact that the lid will snap securely to the ceramic insert, as it makes it much easier to store and transport. It's easy to use and easy to clean. The only drawback I've encountered is the fact that the power cord is a little too short. But, overall, I'd recommend this crock pot to anyone wanting to cook homemade meals for their family on a limited time schedule.

I wish there were a little more overlap in how large the ceramic insert is, because sometimes it is difficult to remove when it's hot.

I've taken this cooker everywhere, and the only thing I'm beginning to notice is the handle on the lid is becoming a bit loose.

• Cooking Performance:

As the name implies - Set it and forget it.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Set 'n' Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

I love this appliance. I am by no means a good cook, but with this device it is impossible to make a mistake. Simply dump the ingredients in the pot, select the desired cook program, and let it do the work for you.

Time to Heat
It is virtually going to take less than one minute to heat up. Regardless of the setting you choose, the pot is ready to go immediately upon turning it on.

Cooking Performance
I use the simmer, broil, and slow cook feature. So far each have done the job well, have prepared my meals perfectly, and cook foods evenly.

All parts are dishwasher safe. Just remove the pot after each use, and place it in the dishwasher for easy clean up.

The device has several program settings. Just choose the type of food you are cooking, desired taste, and time, and it does the rest for you.

It is slimmer than other crock pots which I really like as it does not take up too much room on the counter. It still has a 6 quart size, allowing you to make more food, and freeze it for later consumption easily.

The materials seem durable, interior of the pot is non-stick, and the exterior is extremely rugged as well.

Good for large gatherings

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach Set 'n' Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

The Hamilton Beach Set and Forget Programmable Slow Cooker is one of three slow cookers that I own. I have more than one because I use them for different purposes. This gives me an opportunity to capitalize on their strengths and side step their weaknesses. One of the strengths of this unit is that it has a probe. I use this feature to tell the pot to turn itself down to Warm. The allowed range is between 140 and 180 degrees in 5 degree increments. Some recipes need this type of temperature adjustments, so I use this unit when that is the case.
I have noticed that on the HIGH setting, this unit tends to reach a temperature much higher than my other units. I have had to change some of my recipes when I use this unit because of the noticeable temperature gradient toward higher temperatures.
Lastly, I bought this larger capacity unit, 6 quarts, to use when I have larger gatherings or want leftovers. It works well for this use.

Very convenient to use!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Set 'n' Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

Love it!. I use unit at least 2-3 times in a week. I love that it has a timer on it and I can set it and go, and my food is cooked to perfection each and every time. I love that it is simple to operate and does not require a lot of skill to use it effectively.

Time to Heat
It does not take a lot of time to heat to temperature and when it does heat up, it is even cooking from beginning to end.

Cooking Performance
No matter what I cook in this crock pot the food is completed cooked and very tender.

This unit has a removable pot attached to it, so cleaning it is super easy to do.

Very easy to use this unit.

I love the design of this unit. My kitchen is stainless steel and this unit looks perfect on my counter tops next to my other stainless steel appliances.

This unit has held up quite nicely as I have used it quite regularly since I have owned it. It continues to work as though it was still a new unit and I am very satisfied with it.

• Cooking Performance:

A smart slow cooker with lots of options.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Set 'n' Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

This slow cooker comes with a programmable thermometer. You can set it to cook to a desired temperature, or for a particular length of time. You can also pick between low, high and keep warm settings. It is reliable, but it does tend to cook at a higher temperature than my Crock Pot from Rival. It's not a bad thing at all, but you need to know how it cooks before you can leave it to cook on its own.

Time to Heat
Heats up quickly. Pared with the included thermometer, it's easy to keep an eye on and adjust accordingly.

Cooking Performance
It cooks quickly, and at a higher temp than my other crock pot. It has a hole in the lid to allow the thermometer for roasts. If I'm not using the the thermometer, I find the food can dry out if I'm not careful. The light weight lid does not always make a great seal when placed on the crock. Again, all it takes is paying a bit of attention to make it work just fine.

Crock and lid are dishwasher safe. Nifty spoon is too. Hand wash the thermometer.

So, so easy!

Lots of thoughtful features. Thermometer, timer, manual cook settings. The nifty spoon rest on the lid. Love, love, love that you can latch the lid to the pot for transport.

The absolute only criticism I have is that the lid doesn't rest flat when upside down. If you take it off when cooking, it will be wet. I always rest it upside down so it doesn't make a mess. But I have to be really careful because the handle is rounded and it's hard to set down without dropping (and denting) it.

I've only had if for a year, and I hope it's durable. The thermometer probe cord appears to be the point of potential weakness.

Great procuct

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Hamilton Beach Set 'n' Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

I have to say that I have recently purchased and now own this Hamilton Beach Set and Forget Six Quart Programmable Slow Cooker and I have so far been very happy with it. I feel like with this new purchase I am now up to date on slow cookers. The first thing that I love about this product and it is so awesome to me is that they have a thermometer type stick that you insert into the meat you are cooking and when it reaches the correct temperature in the middle it automatically turns the temp to very low so when it is time to eat it is perfectly cooked and perfectly warm. I can say that this is a little bit expensive but the technology makes it well worth the money in my opinion. I love that I can set slow cooker to turn off whenever I want. Also it is a nice large size so that you can fit most large roast in it and make soups and stews and there is plenty of room in my opinion. I would certainly recommend that anyone who uses slow cookers to invest in this Hamilton Beach Set and Forget Six Quart Programmable Slow Cooker as I am sure you will love it as much as I do. Also this product is very easy to clean.

• Cooking Performance:

Possibly the best crock pot I have ever owned.

from Queensbury, NY

Comments about Hamilton Beach Set 'n' Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

The Hamilton Beach Set 'n' Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker is hands down the best crock pot I have ever owned, if not the best kitchen appliance I have ever owned.

The main selling point is that you can pick a temperature to slow cook your food at, instead of just the "low" "hot" and "warm" options that other crock pots provide. So you can cook with more accuracy and get better tasting and more evenly cooked food.

Our family uses the Hamilton Beach Set 'n' Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker at least four or five times a week. We make curried chicken, pulled pork, pot roast, pastas, stew, chicken and rice, and much much, more.

It's such a relief to come home in the afternoon to a perfectly cooked dinner that you can just serve to your family, instead of worrying about what to cook after working all day and then picking the kids up from their sports and activities.

Do yourself a favor, pick up the Hamilton Beach Set 'n' Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker today! Your family will thank you!