3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Mixing Performance:

This is the best hand mixer I have ever used.

This is the best hand mixer I have ever used, and I have used many. Not only are there a wide variety of speeds, the mixer combines even thick mixes without problems.  It also has a handy storage container for all the parts, which attaches to the mixer when not in use. Never have to hunt for the parts again. The speed burst button really has come in handy when baking. If there is a clump it goes right through it. I have gotten a lot of compliments at a recent bake sale because of this mixer. Everything came out perfect. This mixer makes a difference.

Rather Flimsy

I purchased this thinking that it was similar enough to a KitchenAid mixer that it would suitable. I was sorely disappointed.

I wanted this to basically just mix cookie dough, cake...Read complete review

I wanted this to basically just mix cookie dough, cake batter, and make whipped cream. The only thing it did really well was whip cream.

This makes a truly wonderful whipped cream. It really does. It beats up beautifully. However, it's silly to keep an appliance around that has the sole purpose of whipping cream.

For mixing cake batter it wasn't half bad, but I spent most of my time trying to get the ingredients to actually stay in the mixing bowl and scraping down the sides which was a giant pain.

Cookie dough was a complete no in this. It just does not have the power to be able to mix a heavy dough.

Overall, this was a disappointment and I really can't recommend it for anything beyond whipping cream. If you do a lot of cream whipping this is excellent as you don't have to stand there for ages holding the mixer while it whips. For everyone else, it's probably better to go with a different option.

Rather Flimsy

from Hartford, CT

An ok stand mixer

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe 6-Speed Hand/Stand Mixer:

I think that this is a good hand mixer. It does what you would expect it to and mixes batters and whips cream well. As a stand mixer, I find it average. It does the same thing the stand mixer does except you don't have to hold it. I mean it's nothing special but if you are just looking for the basic type of stuff, you should get this machine. However, if you are like me and are looking for an all in one product, this isn't for you. There are no special attachments to make bread, grind meat and other things that another brand that I won't mention does. I know it may be a little unreasonable because it's just advertised as a mixer, but I want an all-in-one so I don't have to create more clutter in my kitchen. The great thing about this product is the price. It's not as expensive as the big named brands and mixes just as good as they do. It's also very easy to clean; just remove the whisks and clean that and the bowl.

• Mixing Performance:

Why didn't I buy this sooner!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe 6-Speed Hand/Stand Mixer:

I purchased this item on an after Christmas sale. How I lived without one in my kitchen for so many years is very baffling. This stand mixer is EASY to use, the bowl is dishwasher safe. For such an inexpensive item, it works like a power house. I like that it came with assorted beaters and a little recipe booklet. Have you ever been so impressed that you called a friend and RAVED about an item? I did! Primarily, I use it for mixing the ingredients for mini-cheesecakes, it's GREAT!

Mixing Performance
This stand mixer is a power-house!

Cleaning of this stand mixer is a breeze! The beaters and bowl are dishwasher safe and come out sparkling. I use a damp cloth to clean the mixer unit and the stand parts.

Very easy to use! Snap the hand mixer part onto the stand, press a button to lower the beaters into the bowl. It has many speeds. Releasing the beaters is very easily done by pushing down on the speed selector.

The only flaw in the design is the materials for the stand part where the bowl goes and hand mixer attaches to. I gave it a rating of 4 because the unit is plastic.

Since I'm the only one using the stand mixer and hand mixer, the durability is/will be great for me. i expect to use this mixer for many (at least 5+) years.

Good Mixer for the price

from North Tonawanda, NY

Comments about Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe 6-Speed Hand/Stand Mixer:

I can't afford a Kitchen Aid mixer, so I tried this one, and it's proved to be a good overall mixer. The best part is that mixer is detachable so you can use it as a hand mixer. I also like that it has dough hook attachments for making bread, and so far (6 months of use) it hasn't burned out the motor when I've been mixing bread dough.

Solid Little Mixer.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe 6-Speed Hand/Stand Mixer:

For the price this mixer can't be beat. I use this mainly to make pudding or light mixtures and it does a very good job. This can handle making cookies just until you add chips and other goodies then you have to use your hands to mix everything because this mixer can't do it, but that isn't a problem for me at all. For infrequent, light mixtures this is worth it. If you're a heavy duty baker pass on the this.

This is a good mixer.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe 6-Speed Hand/Stand Mixer:

This is a very godd mixer and would recommend.

My 14 year old son bought this for me for christmas last year(he was 13 then), was a great gift. I was always going through hand held mixers, they would burn out on me. I do alot of baking and cooking. I was always saying how I wanted Kitchen Aid but they are so expensive. Bless his heart he got me this Hamilton Beach and it works Great. I love it. Use it all the time, easy to use, clean, mixes well, even dough. I love the big mixing bowl it comes with, I often use it on it's own for other things, it's real heavy duty thick glass, it's great. This mixer also comes with a wisk and 2 dough mixers. It is most definitely worth the price he paid. This was his first big purchase for Mom with his own money, even got it on sale, very proud of him. I think he felt pretty good about himself as well. It comes in a couple different colors from what I understand, white, red and black. Mine is black. I would definitely recommend this mixer.

dont waste your money

from Middletown, OH

Comments about Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe 6-Speed Hand/Stand Mixer:

ok first off i got one 1 week ago from my 17 yr old for my birthday....i was so excited due to my daughter thinking of ME for a change and she knew i wanted a kitchen aid but if i cant afford one she sure cant, any how i was doing all the measuring for a batch of oatmeal black walnut chocolate shimeers when it mixed about one min. and it slowed down and sparks flew out the front...ok returned it to the store who said i had to go exchange and idid...got home made a box cake mix all was fine started to mix my icing and the same thing but this time flames melted the front...i will never tell anyone that hamilton beach is a good brand!!

• Mixing Performance:

THis mixer is perfect for all uses

from Polkton, NC

Comments about Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe 6-Speed Hand/Stand Mixer:

The Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe 6 speed hand/stand mixer is perfect for all your kitchen needs. I love a stand mixer. I love being able to multi-task and with this mixer I can turn away for the next ingredient or some other task and the mixer is still going. The number of speeds that this unit has is great for all applications. The versatility of the hand mixer is great too, although I am not much on a hand mixer. But, if my mother or a friend are helping and they like a hand mixer, I am set. I have used this mixer for so many things, including many baking opportunities with my children. The mixer makes those events much easier. THe mixer is also light weight enough that I do not mind getting it out for small tasks. This is a great mixer!

The Hamilton Beach Mixer has changed the way I mix up cookies

from Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Comments about Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe 6-Speed Hand/Stand Mixer:

I have to admit that I thought it was a little over the top when my husband brought home the Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe mixer for me. I kept a little hand mixer around for mashed potatoes and things like that but I usually mixed as much by hand as possible. Maybe it was because no mixers could hold up to the abuse. Anyway, I love that this mixer is so versatile. I most often use it as a hand mixer but when the children come to the kitchen to "help", I break out the stand and let them mix away. I have used the power button once in a while just to make sure it still works because it has enough power without it. I have mixed in hard butter (I don't recommend doing that) and it works through it. It feels like a solid quality appliance that every kitchen should have. For those of us who can't afford the high end stand mixers, this one does the job!

Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer Works Great For My Needs!

from Elyria, OH

Comments about Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe 6-Speed Hand/Stand Mixer:

My husband bought this for me as part of my Christmas present last year after my hand mixer literally started smoking. I really wanted a kitchenaid stand mixer, but that was way out of our price range. I'm really glad we only spent a fraction of what we could have because this is a really great mixer! When I am using it for small jobs such as mixing muffin mix I just grab the mixer out of the closet and use it as a hand mixer. Then when I am making dozens upon dozens of Christmas cookies I get the stand part out and am able to whip up several dozen cookies in no time! This mixer comes with a nice glass bowl, the regular beaters and also dough hooks. The mixer has 6 speeds and has done the job with all of my mixing needs. I have yet to try it for dough and I have seen bad reviews in regards to using this mixer for dough.