Other Indoor Grills & Sandwich Makers:
Hamilton Beach Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker

Hamilton Beach Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker

Pros

Cons

Oh...the sandwiches you can make!

After years of making "grilled sandwiches" in a frying pan, I received a Hamilton Beach Panini Press for a Christmas present. We started off using it right away with leftover turkey-leftover stuffing-leftover cranberry sauce-and Swiss cheese sandwiches! They were wonderful! Grilled cheese panini. Grilled peanut butter and jelly Panini, Grilled tuna Panini. My favorite: asparagus, red onions, jack cheese and thousand island dressing on pumpernickel! It is so good!

The hinged lid accommodates the thinnest to the thickest of sandwiches. The ample sized grill easily accommodates two sandwiches at a time and they are perfectly browned in 3 minutes, so several batches can easily be turned out for a family meal.

Another hint: most recipes call for buttered bread slices, but I just brush the outside surfaces of the sandwich bread with olive oil. They brown just fine and are healthier.

It locks and stores easily on it's side, taking up no more space than a cereal box in my cupboard.

Cleanup is the only downside. The shiny chrome surface shows greasy fingerprints and the grill plates would be easier to clean if they were removable. (They have a nonstick surface that is wiped clean, but some buildup over time is inevidable.)

Works great except for big sandwiches

So this is a great sandwich maker.  If you have not had the taste pleasure of crunching into a panini you are missing out.  This provides great ease and toasts 'em up quick.  I rated this a 3 because my husband likes his sandwiches bigger and better and if you sauce it up then this panini maker tends to schloop ingredients right out from between the bread.  I have only had it happen to my normal sized sandwiches but agree that if you have sauce like bbq or something else saucy inside then when you start to press the two sides of the maker together it slides the bread right off causing a mess.  If you level it right then you end up with a fantasticly satisfying crunchy sandwich that you personalize and can be better than any specialty sandwich shoppe for a fraction of the price.  The only better maker I have seen are the ones that go directly on the stovetop and have a completely separate presser lid that you lay on top.  The model I have seen I think is Mario Bartelli and costs extraordinaly more than this one that works just great!

Fun and easy!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker:

Lately I have been trying to broaden my family's food repertoire. Soups, salads and sandwiches have been appearing on our dinner table, to very mixed reviews. Then I remembered this Hamilton Beach panini press which we had received as a wedding gift and kind of forgotten about. Everyone loves it! My kids think it is fun to help make dinner because they enjoy "designing" their sandwiches and then helping to "squish" them. I have even gotten them to eat a lot of foods and especially vegetables that they would normally be hesitant to try, just by putting them into their paninis. I love how easy it is to make a meal that everyone can take part in and enjoys. And I really like that the press is easy to use and to clean. I don't actually follow the directions exactly, instead of letting it cool after we use it I wipe it with a cold, wet cloth while it is still hot. This quickly and easily removes any drips of cheese or sauce, as well as most of any oils. Then it is easy to finish cleaning after it has cooled completely.

Love this Sandwich maker!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker:

I love sandwiches, so this is a great addition to our house. We have also used it for quesadillas and it works awesome for that as well. We have also purchased one for both my inlaws and my parents who also use them all the time. We like to use the sandwich maker when we have small parties too, we just have all different ingredients and people can maker whatever kind of sandwich that they want. It is so user friendly that no one has a problem using it.

I love how well it makes sandwiches, it is so easy to make a grilled cheese on it too, instead of on the stove.

We received this as a wedding present 5 years ago and it still works great! The latch on the side to lock the handle when you are storing it just broken recently, but it does not affect how it cooks at all, and it is not a problem for us.

I love using the machine, but hate cleaning it. If I know I am going to be using a few days in a row I just do a quick wipe of the grill. But when I need to really clean, you need to use really hot water and wipe inbetween each grill piece. It did come with a scrap that you could use, but I did not find it useful at all.

i love it!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker:

i love my panini press! I use it all the time. only takes a minute for it to heat up and then its good to use. Easy to clean. Just wipe it off with a warm wash cloth. i recommend it for anyone. it is also reasonably priced i got mine from target for about 60 bucks.

absolutely perfect grill for us

Comments about Hamilton Beach Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker:

Got this at thanksgiving last year and since then I never had to go out to have those perfectly grilled paninis. My husband and I love to experiment with our paninis and love the way this panini press delivers it to us delicious perfectly grilled ones.

I also use this to quickly grill vegetables or tofu for quick addition to other dishes.

Easy of cleaning and storing is additional benefit.

Hamilton Beach Panini Press Maker Review

from Miami, FL

Comments about Hamilton Beach Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker:

I really like the Hamiliton Beach panini press sandwich maker. The high lid makes it easy to hit big sandwiches and the lever makes it a breeze to clamp the sandwich down to make a panini press. The nonstick plates make it simple to wipe up without any scrubbing. My press always makes evenly heated sandwiches in minutes. The press can even be used for more than just sandwiches. I've even perfectly grilled shrimp skewers on there. If you are looking for a press then I high recommend this one.

Works great at making pressed panini sandwiches.

Feels like it is made to last. Doesn't have any flimsy parts.

Easy to clean just rinse plates under running water. The plates don't remove which is a slight draw back but otherwise still easy to clean because the plates have a nonstick coating on them so if you make a small mess you can even use a damp rag to clean up.

Very easy to use. Just plug in and the panini press is instantly on and heating up. It had a light that will tell you when the press is hot and ready to use.

Deluxe-Sized Panini Press

Comments about Hamilton Beach Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker:

Hamilton Beach's Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker is probably my second favorite Panini maker. It's large enough to fit two sandwiches within it. While it may take up more counter space, it is definitely worth it if you are constantly making Paninis for multiple people.

Very good performance. I have not had any issue so far with this Panini maker. It seems to cook evenly and quickly. There have been no burned Paninis thus far, which is definitely a plus.

Hamilton Beach is known for their durable products, and this Panini maker is no different. The hinges feel sturdy, the top closes tightly, and the cables are snug. All in all, a very solid device.

As with any Panini maker, cleaning is never very easy. This model isn't terribly difficult to clean, but I do feel as though there are ways that it could be easier to clean.

Its a Panini press, and this particular one is incredibly simple to use. The instructions provided with it should be helpful with any questions that may arrive.

Great Value

from Northeast AR

Comments about Hamilton Beach Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker:

I was given this sandwich maker as a gift. Since I already have other appliances that can make grilled sandwich, so I use this only occasionally and thinking about giving it away. I can still recommend this product because it makes perfect grilled sandwich. I can make grilled sandwich on a frying pan easy, so I don't really care about getting "perfect" grilled sandwich, but my family members want me to make them look good, so I occasionally use this so they can have "restaurant-quality" grilled sandwich. I don't use this product that much, but I would still choose it as a gift so someone else who prefer to making grilled sandwich with a sandwich maker rather than a frying pan.

Works great for grilled sandwich, but I use it to grill vegetables also. I just can't see the good outcome with meat or fish, so I use separate cooking device for them.

Only my guess. It seems durable.

Just wipe clean with wet cloth.

It is easy to use and will make sandwich in even thickness.

great appliance to have

from Hummelstown, PA

Comments about Hamilton Beach Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker:

I purchased this appliance mostly to grill quesadillas and so far I like it. It is not big and for the price it is very worth it. I like the look of it because it is not so fancy but just gets the job done. The only thing I don't really like about it is that there is not timer to tell when the food is done so you always have to check it. It doesn't take a long time to grill which is ideal when you are on the go or just want to have a very quick lunch or dinner. The plates are easy to clean and it is easy to maintain the appliance from the outside also. Great to have and a nice addition to the kitchen.

It gets the job done it a timely manner.

It is very durable, so far I had no issues and the product seems to be very well made.

It is very easy to clean this sandwich grill. The plates are nonstick so you just wipe them clean with a damp paper towel and the outside of the machine is always clean so it doesn't really need any cleaning.

very easy to use, just put the sandwich in, press close the lid and wait until it is grilled the way you like it!

Hamilton Beach Panini Press

from Marlton, NJ

Comments about Hamilton Beach Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker:

My husband bought me the panini press for Christmas. We love making grilled cheese sandwiches and a wide variety of stuffed tortilla wraps. My daughter's favorite is a rotisserie chicken and avocado wrap. I haven't used it as much as I thought I would though and I think that is due to trouble cleaning it.

Make Paninis At Home For Half The Cost

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Hamilton Beach Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker:

I love Paninis and am very glad that more and more restaurants are serving them. However, they are expensive and while dining out you can't also guarantee the quality of ingredients on your panini. That's where the Hamilton Beach Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker 25450 comes in.

With this Panini maker you can make your sandwiches at home, not only for a low price, but also with all the things you like to put on your sandwich. This press is super easy to use. All you do is put your panini together the way you want and then put it in the press and in a few minutes you have a delicious meal or snack.

The panini press is also relatively inexpensive and doesn't take up a ton of room in your kitchen. It is also way easier to use than the old school method of making home paninis (putting a brick over a cooking lid to get the flattened look.

I would highly recommend this cool press to anyone who enjoys paninis and is looking for the convenience of making them in their own home.