Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Cons

Simple, easy, and tasty

from Edina, MN

Comments about Hamilton Beach Meal Maker 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

The Hamilton Beach Meal Maker 7 quart Slow Cooker is wonderful. You can make just about anything in here from meat, chicken, fish, vegetables, rice, desserts, etc. the sky is the limit. Really nice for meals you leave and let cook overnight or for a few hours to get that added flavor you don't have from quick cooking. It is simple to use and really easy to set up. Just plug in and put on the heat/cooking level you want and you are set to go. It is easy to wash, a little heavy, but simple. They last a really long time too. I have had mine for years and use it every so often, but its like new and in great working condition. I have never had any problems with it.

Time to Heat
Heats up pretty quickly, and remember this is a slow cooker....so moderated heat.

Cooking Performance
Wonderful, just make sure you have a few hours minimum.

Simple, quick and easy.

Anyone could throw a fews things together to cook in here. Really great for couples or singles.

Hamilton Beach Meal Maker 7-Quart Slow Cooker 33675

Comments about Hamilton Beach Meal Maker 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

I purchased the Hamilton Beach Meal Maker 7-Quart Slow Cooker 33675 to replace my smaller one. This seemed to be large enough and I loved that it had the removable dish as my old one didn't. The only thing about this is that it does cook fast even on low, if you are used to using a regular crock-pot this is more like cooking on a stove top. If you cook on high it will be finished in half the time of a regular crock-pot and it will get to the touch, so if you have little ones you have to make sure it is out of their reach.

Time to Heat
There is no problem with this slow cooker heating, it actually heats too fast to be called a slow cooker.

Cooking Performance
This cooks in half the time of most slow cookers.

I love that it has the removable dish which makes it so much easier to wash.

This is very simple to use.

The design is very nice but could be more durable.

Even though my Hamilton Beach Meal Maker 7-Quart Slow Cooker 33675 is still working and I still use it a lot, the handles have broken on it which makes it hard for me to be able to transport it to family gatherings. I think what caused this is from the cooker getting so hot it causes them to crack and then when you go to lift they crack then eventually break off.

• Cooking Performance:

Pefect for cooking soups and stews.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Meal Maker 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

This crockpot is the closest I will ever come to having a cook. I love being able to toss a few ingredients before heading to work and coming home to a warm, home cooked meal. I have always had smaller crockpots, but I decided that I wanted more free time at night and the Hamilton Beach Meal Maker 7-quart slow cooker would allow me to have good home cooked meals and more free time.

Time to Heat
This crockpot heats us very quickly. I also do the touch test before heading to work to ensure that it is indeed plugged in and turned on.

This crockpot is very easy to clean. Occassionally I will have a really tough baked on ring towards the top of the crockpot and I generally just soak the crockpot for a couple of hours then rinse the crockpot off. Generally I just put the crock in the dishwasher and let the dishwasher work its magic. I do wish that the crock was not white. Even though the crockpot is super easy to clean, you can see any scratch or any food stain.

Very easy to use. Easy to store, easy to store, easy to set the dials.

Design is fine. The designs are not really hip or trendy. Generally the designs are very neutral. You get what you pay for. If you want a stainless steel or red crockpot, you can pick them up, but they are a little more expensive.

This crockpot is very durable.

• Cooking Performance:

Hamilton Beach Meal Maker Slow Cooker holds A Lot.

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about Hamilton Beach Meal Maker 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

Hamilton Beach Meal Maker 7-Quart Slow Cooker is big enough that it holds A Lot. I have considered getting a smaller crock pot for when I just want to cook a Little something, but this Slow Cooker is Great for cooking while I'm doing other things (like writing a review about it). This is an oval shape instead of round. It has a removable "stoneware crockery" so you can take it out and clean it. It says dishwasher safe, but I'm not a really trusting person in that respect, so we always just hand wash our Crock Pot. Sometimes we spill over (okay, we Often spill over), and then when I remove the crock pot, I get to clean out the base of the slow cooker. Since this part of the appliance has electrical plugs, I do NOT put it in water. I just use a wet sponge or washcloth to try to get out the spills. Of course, you have to wait until the appliance cools to clean it. It Does get hot on the outside. This appliance has four settings: Off, Keep Warm, Low, and High. I don't generally use the Keep Warm setting. I usually begin my roasts on high and then after an hour or so, I turn them down to low for several more hours. Then I don't have to worry about anything. I have learned to keep the Slow Cooker on our glass top stove so that if it spills over, it doesn't run all over our counter top (yes, on Several occasions, I have spilled the slow cooker all over the top of the counter top.). Hamilton Beach Meal Maker Slow Cooker holds A Lot.

• Cooking Performance:

One of my favorite cooking pots!

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Hamilton Beach Meal Maker 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

This Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker is oversized and an absolute wonderful accessory to my cooking arsenal! This giant capacity allows me to make all kinds of large items in a slow cooker. It provides enough space for "family sized" pieces of meat and double meatloaf. I've had my slow cooker for a number of years and it has never failed me. It is reliable, sturdy and performs perfectly every time. The porcelain pot makes for even heating and keeps the food warm without drying. The glass top lid allows me to see the food and assess progress as needed. This appliance is rather on the large side, so you'll need to know that up front. I struggle with where and how to store it, but the trouble is worth the benefit. It is also a bit on the clunky and heavy side. You'll need strong muscles for hauling it in and out of where you store it or if you decide to bring it to a party or dinner. Surprisingly...this cooker turns out to be very easy to clean too. Even with burnt on food at the edges, the porcelain does not retain the crust and it all comes off with just a simple soap and water scrubbing. I would highly recommend this slow cooker for anyone looking for a large capacity crock. It is one of my favorite cooking tools!

• Cooking Performance:

A must have in any kitchen

from Fort White, FL

Comments about Hamilton Beach Meal Maker 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

Let me first start off by saying that I am not the best cook in the world. I am lazy and I live for meals that cook themselves. That being said, a crockpot is a must for anyone who loves to have delicious meals without all of the work. I have owned this particular crockpot for about 6 months. I used to have others, but they have eventually needed to be replaced due to age. I chose this one for the sleek updated design and size. I am usually cooking for about 6 people daily.

I have found that spraying the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray will prevent hard cooked on messes once you are ready for cleanup. I put anything from soups and chili to chicken and pork chops in my crockpot. the long shape makes it easier for the food to be placed on fewer layers resulting in a better cooking experience.

I usually just set a timer and let the meal cook while I am busy doing other things. After the meal is complete, I will put some soap and a dryer sheet (yes, a dryer sheet) in the ceramic tub and let it sit overnight. The dryer sheet allows any of the dried on mess to soften, making it easier for cleaning the next day. Sometimes if the tub is not horribly dirty, I will stick it in the dishwasher for a good cleaning, but lets face it, those things are huge and take up a lot of space in a dishwasher.

Cooks Faster Than Others I Have Used

from Podunk, NY

Comments about Hamilton Beach Meal Maker 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

I am a very busy person. I have a lot of work to do- so much that if I were to list all of the things that I have to do in a day, you would be exhausted just from reading the long list.

Sometimes I have to depend on meals from the crock pot so that I can have especially busy days uncluttered by worry about what meal to make for dinner.

When we got the Hamilton Beach Meal Maker, I was very excited to have a larger crock pot than we have been used to having before. The crock pot has a glass lid with metal around the edges and a nice grip handle. The crock liner is very thick and well insulated. The unit itself has three settings: Keep Warm, Low, and High.

Time to Heat
This heats up very quickly and keeps a steady temperature well.

Cooking Performance
This cooks much more quickly than other slow cookers that I have owned. I find that I can use the low setting and get a good time of preparation. High cooks really quickly so if I need something done at a quicker pace, I can use it. Keep warm does not burn food- important to me!

Crock comes out nicely and is VERY easy to clean.

Best little crock pot I have used so far.

Decorative and nice to look at.

Great little machine has lasted beautifully through many uses!

Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker is great size and easy to clean

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Hamilton Beach Meal Maker 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

I really like this Hamilton Beach Slow cooker.  I have a crock pot that is smaller.  I wanted something larger because I like to cook large batches and freezing some for later.  This is great for the.  It is easy to clean because the pot comes out and cleans up very easily.  The only problem there appears to be is the lid is not heavy enough because when cooking on high, the lid sometimes "pops" up and down.  The lid could be heavier.

The Hamilton Beach Meal Maker makes suppertime so easy .

from New Hartford, NY

Comments about Hamilton Beach Meal Maker 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

I really like the Hamilton Beach Meal Maker slow cooker. I just put my meat in early in the morning before  I leave for work, add the veggies, spices and take off. When I get home, everything's done and all I have to do is add a salad and eat. It's nice to have a home cook meal that can be eaten at 5:30 and to have to wait until 7:30 or 8:00 to have it done. After working all day, I don't want to have to work another hour or so making a meal and waiting another 2 for it to cook. My family is hungry and it is nice to have a complete home cooked meal ready. I like to stay away from fast meals or just hamburgs and hotdogs. Slow cooking enable me to prepare nutrious meals for my family several times a week and not just on weekends. This is important to me and I'm glad it can be done so easily.

The cooker is large enough to handle an average turkey breast, a whole chicken. or a big pot of soup or stew. The cleanup is easy and anything burnt comes off with just a little scrubbing with a  Brillo pad.