4.1

Hamilton Beach Large Capacity Deep Fryer

4.1

Pros

Cons

Deep Fryer makes life so easy

I received a Hamilton Beach Large Capacity Deep Fryer a few years ago for Christmas and it is one of the best Christmas gifts I have ever received.  If you are a person who loves going to restuarants and ordering fried foods such as chicken fingers, onion rings, french fries, and mozzarella sticks than this is absolutely teh idem for you.  The Deep Fryer is so easy to use and takes no time at all that it makes preparing dinner an easy and painless task.    The way it works is ver simple, you fill the fryer with oil of your choice.  Though it is more expensive, I choose to use peanut oil because it is suppose to be a little better for your health (I know- makes no sense when discussing all these fried foods, right?)  Anyway, once the oil is in you turn the fryer on and set the temperature to where you want the oil to be at.  Then you take your premade food such as french fries and pour them into the basket.  When the green light appears on the top of the machine you know that your oil is hot enough to start cooking.  You lower the basket with the food into the oil and you let it sit there for the specificied amount of time.  When the food is done I usually like to put the food on a plate with a paper towel so the access oil can be drained off.  I let it cool and then I serve.  Aside from being able to make very simple meals I have also been able to make some more complex items such as baked potato skins and funnel cake.  The machine takes very little time to warm up and to cool down making the entire cooking process very simple.

Another thing I really like about this Hamilton Beach deep fryer is how easy it is to clean and store.  It is suggested that you leave the oil in for a few weeks so that you can use it for multiple times.  I have done that and though it is easier it also is very hard to get the smell out of the cabinets and the house so if I had to do it all over again I might change my way of thinking on that one.  Overall though, the machine is fairly easy to clean.  It breaks down into 4 different parts so that you can wash each part individually.  There are some nooks and crannies that are very difficult to get to and therefore it is almost impossible to get the machine spotless.

A decent product

Being from the deep south, where we fry everything, I've encountered more than my fair share of deep fryers. I've worked in several different restaurants when I was younger, and all my friends and family have their own personal fryer, which I have used personally, that being said, I know a thing or two about flyers.

This is a solid fryer that has some key features that is not present in other models. It has a digital timer that informs you when the food is ready, and also it has a light that tells you when your food is ready to flyer.

The capacity of this is 12 cups of oil. But not that this is not ideal for huge gatherings or people that can definitely eat a lot because at once, you can't fit a significant amount of items to fry.

There is a basket that they provide, so you don't have to throw your items into the oil, which will cause a lot of splatter and burns if you are not careful. Just lower the food into the hot oil and it is done.

It's a fast heating, which takes about 2 minutes for you to reach the desired temperature.

You can disassemble the cord and clean it with no problem. Overall, it's a decent offering.

Gets the job done, but sometimes food comes out a bit soggy. Would like it to be a bigger.

Very easy to clean

Bulky...

Comments about Hamilton Beach Large Capacity Deep Fryer:

I never really fried much but i bought this thinking maybe with a deep fryer I will. That was probably wrong thinking. I had fun frying the first few times - this works very well. But at the same time with this big bulky machine, I had to put in a lot of effort to set it up and clean it afterwards. And it uses a lot of oil so it was difficult to take care of that when I was done with the frying. This is a good machine for those who fry a lot, but for people like me it will end up in the storage area and you will never fell like taking it out for a frying project. I think for less frequent fryers the smaller machines are probably a better bet.

You get consistently fried stuff.

Fairly easy to use but it's difficult to store due to the large size.

Used it only about 5 times but seems sturdy.

It's very big so you need a large kitchen to use this frequently. I have a small kitchen and made the mistake buying a big deep fryer.

great product for cooking!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Large Capacity Deep Fryer:

This is a great product it will fry just about anything you want with it's large capacity you can fry a lot at once cutting down on cooking time and to make sure everything is fresh and hot when serving. When cleaning it is on of the easiest fryers I have ever used simply empty out oil and set aside because it cooks at the perfect temperature therefore you do not burn the oil and can reuse over and over again, Then simply wipe out with a paper towel or other cloth then it is ready for when you are ready to start using it again.

Best Fryer I Ever Bought

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Hamilton Beach Large Capacity Deep Fryer:

Over the years I have bought many deep fryers of all different shapes and sizes, but I have to say the Hamilton Beach Large Capacity Deep Fryer is the best one yet. It comes with a large capacity so you can fry multiple servings in one go. The heating element is directly immersed in the oil so that the time spent waiting for the oil to heat up is decreased.

The fryer itself is easy to assemble so even the most mechanically inept can put it together. There is an adjustable temperature gauge so you cook your food at the right temperature and you are less likely to risk burning your food. The Hamilton Beach deep fryer also comes with a timer that allows you to cook the food more accurately or for the sake of multitasking allows you to walk away so the timer is a nice reminder.
Another feature is the power on and preheat lights to indicate that the appliance is actually on and preheated so your food cooks at the optimal temperature. One more feature is the breakaway power cord so you do not have to worry about it coming in contact with water while cleaning.

Speaking of cleaning other than the fact that it’s size might make cleaning a bit cumbersome however it is known to be a large capacity deep fryer so you should know what you are getting into when it was purchased. While cleaning it is rather easy just remove the heating element and clean out the oil vessel. And what makes this even easier the oil vessel is removable from the fryer itself.

Like I said before the Hamilton Beach Deep Fryer is the best fryer I have ever bought thus far, it works well, and it is not too expensive.

Frys food good but too small

from TX

Comments about Hamilton Beach Large Capacity Deep Fryer:

I recently went to my sister-in-law's house and she was making fried chicken tenders with this fryer. I told her to let me borrow it so I took it home with me. She said she likes it but can only cook a small amount of food at a time. I have hungry boys in my home, so I was not very satisfied with this fryer. I would have to cook three or four batches of chicken tenders of wings for one meal. The food came out crispy and the timing seemed to be accurate with what the manual suggested. I would recommend this product to someone who may want to use it for small snack amounts only. I am still on the hunt for a larger capacity fryer.

Actually did a decent job at cooking the food.

Took a long time to make multiple batches because the basket capacity is too small.

Seems durable and well made.

Pain in the butt to clean. I had oil all over the outside of the fryer and cleaning the basket was not easy to do.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Large Capacity Deep Fryer:

This is an awesome item I have had one for 3 years before it went out and I liked it so much I relplaced it with another one. The timer on it is great and helps when you have more then one thing going on,I have kids so it also helps as a reminder for fast snacks like fries or cheese sticks. A must have in any kitchen I have cooked just about any and everything in it even fresh home made fried pies yummy !

Awesome! cooks evenly and the timer helps you to keep track of your cooking !

very easy ! just set and your good to go the easy lights let you know when its ready !

my first one lasted over 3 years worked so well when it finely went out I just HADE ! to get another one

easy to clean !

Its a deep fryer. It fries things like a fryer should.

from Flushing, MI

Comments about Hamilton Beach Large Capacity Deep Fryer:

Overall a pretty nice little deep fryer. A few things that could make it better exist, but for the price and the utility it is great.

It gets the job done. Certain foods seem to cook better than others. Large volume also requires a lot of oil and time to heat though.

Almost as easy as a slow cooker. Just be careful of splattering grease and flying french fries!

The basket could be more durable in my opinion but it is still stronger than some other cheap fryers I've seen on the market. It simply exists that there are improved designs out there that seem to work better than the typical fry basket design which is found in a lot of fast food places.

I feel that all deep fryers do not clean up well. After all you are working with grease and oil. Not only that but deep fryers seem to make a mess of everything around them. The wide design of this unit provides for a great exposed surface area and there for allows for a wider splatter range.

Great Kitchen Top Fryer

Comments about Hamilton Beach Large Capacity Deep Fryer:

I received this deep fryer almost two years ago and it is a pretty great product. I would say that our household uses it about once a week. It is small enough to leave full on the counter top when we are not using it which is really convenient. When it comes time to use it I move it to the stove top so that I can use the vent (a total must if you don't want your whole house to stink). It heats up quickly and evenly. The bucket holds a pretty good amount of food, although to make a fried meal (chicken nuggets and fries) it does require at least two batches, if not three (we are a family of two adults and three small children). My only complaint about this deep fryer is that the temperature gauge is not accurate. It hasn't been since we have owned it, and it is consistently inaccurate. We just adjust to accommodate for it, but at first it caused us quite a bit of grief. Overall it was a great present, and I would recommend this fryer to a friend!

Easy to use

from Canada

Comments about Hamilton Beach Large Capacity Deep Fryer:

We picked up this deep fryer on impulse as it was on sale and we had been considering trying one for a while. It is a nice size, big enough to fry a batch of food, but small enough that it is very easy to store on a shelf. The stainless steel exterior is easy to wipe clean and the interior is convenient to clean as well. Even being a smaller deep fryer, it uses a lot of oil, so be prepared for that. We tried a variety of food including chicken wings and bacon wrapped jalepeno poppers, everything turned out great. The instructions included with the product are clear and the buttons/dials on the fryer are very user friendly. It was very safe to use and I wasn't concerned about accidents, everything was very well contained within the fryer. Although it is lightweight, it seems very reliable and sturdy. The only complaint is the smell as the oil that wafts throughout the house but I'm sure that isn't so much to do with this product, just deep frying in general. I would recommend this product for someone frying small batches of food, but it wouldn't work for larger batches.

An Awesome Fryer that Brings Fun Back to the Kitchen

Comments about Hamilton Beach Large Capacity Deep Fryer:

I found cooking with the Hamilton Beach Fryer very enjoyable. Watching for grease splatters is important, of course, but splatters of grease are completely worth it when all is said and done. I've found that this fryer has a very nice capacity of frying ~ you can fit many Mozzarella Sticks into this fryer!

Definitely a high performance device here. It heats up quickly enough, and it keeps a steady temperature once there. This means that your oil isn't going to burn at some point due to sitting at the same temperature for too long ~ a very nice feature to be sure.

Pretty easy to use, and the instruction booklet that comes with it is incredibly helpful when it comes to device use. As with any fryer, I would definitely recommend reading the manual thoroughly before beginning to use it.

A very durable device, everything still clicks together. Nothing has broken yet, and that is with fairy steady use over the past six months.

For a fryer, this device is pretty easy to clean.

A decent product