Other Electric Kettles:
Hamilton Beach
Hamilton Beach K2070 Automatic Electric Kettle

Hamilton Beach K2070 Automatic Electric Kettle

best purchase i made in a long time

I love drinking tea, and sometimes an instant decaf coffee. Before I purchased this wonderful item, I had to either warm up water in the microwave (disgusting is the word that comes to mind here) or cook water on the stove, which takes too long. After spending some time in Europe, I learned about these water cookers and found them to be energy efficient, cheap, efficient and very quick. I was very happy to find them here in the states too and that is the first thing I went out and got once I was back. I have not regretted it for a moment. There are also very nice safety features that ovens don't have..such as the automatic switch to turn it off once the water is boiling. This is also great as a gift for someone who tends to forget things, I know I worry less now that my grandmother cooks tea for water with this instead of the gas stove!The fact that there is no cable makes it convenient to use also.I can only recommend it.

Heats water fast

I bought this to make tea quickly, and it does work well for that. The water gets very hot! So keep away from small children.

The bad...Read complete review

The bad thing is if you leave water in it, it will corrode the bottom inside. And this was only after a couple of days. So you have to empty it after use.

amazing addition to office

Comments about Hamilton Beach K2070 Automatic Electric Kettle:

this model is very inexpensive, and I was amazed at how it works so quickly to heat water to a boil. I bought it to take with me to work and is perfect for making tea and cocoa at the office. Also ideal to heat soup in as it is very easy to wash. Definately satisfied with this purchase and would recommend to others.

This product is really useful and great for dorm rooms!

Comments about Hamilton Beach K2070 Automatic Electric Kettle:

I love my kettle. It makes making things like tea, ramen, oatmeal, or anything else that requires hot water much easier. It's safe, since it shuts off as soon as the water has reached a boiling point, and gives me no problems. It's a bit loud when the water is boiling, but it's not obnoxious. For what is probably the cheapest electric kettle on the market, it does a wonderful job!

Great for the price!

Comments about Hamilton Beach K2070 Automatic Electric Kettle:

This product heats water for my tea fast and efficiently. My only complaint is I wish it held more water, but for the price it's great! I like the compact design, and the speed at which it heats the water. The water comes out hot, and the simple design makes it easy for everyone in my family to use.

Have had for 2+ years, still works great!

Comments about Hamilton Beach K2070 Automatic Electric Kettle:

I bought this as a *family* gift for Christmas in 2010, since we were all getting tired of using the stovetop kettle when we needed hot water (which was often). We drink a lot of hot beverages, and also like using this to heat water for boiling (it's much quicker than stovetop).

It works quickly, and I like how it keeps water hot for ~30 minutes after it finishes heating. This also has the perk of not needing a hotplate to heat the water. The electric plug can be removed easily so if you want to bring the kettle to a table, you can unplug it without a problem. We've had no issues, and it has shown no sign of wear.

I like it for tent camping

from Warren, MI

Comments about Hamilton Beach K2070 Automatic Electric Kettle:

I used to always think that these things were stupid. At hoe my microwave works just fine, my keurig does the same thing only per cup and I have kettles for my stove. I got one as a gift and wondered what to do with it. I took my mini Keurig tent camping bu that was a hassle and trying to produce hot water to wash things was ridiculous. Starting a fire and heating a kettle over it is pretty normal but inconvenient every time we need hot water. Next time I brought the electric kettle along with me and it worked great every time I needed hot water to wash dishes boom a minute or 2 later I'm in business. I now leave the keurig in the camper or take it with me when I rent a cabin. The electric kettle does with me when I tent it. (Along with the camp kettle in case the power goes out). I can use the hot water for instant coffee, tea, hot cocoa, instant soups and its really easy to clean. I mean its already got hot water in it. Its cordless so you can remove it from its heating base. Its easy to use and travels well.

Works really quick

from Hesperia, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach K2070 Automatic Electric Kettle:

I really like the electric kettle. I especially like to break it out when the kids want to make top ramen or cup o noodle soup. I live at higher elevation and sometimes it seems like water takes forever to boil up here. This electric kettle works extremely quick to get the water boiled, in just two minutes you have your hot water ready. It is great to use when you do not have a lot of room on your stove or I even like to take it with me on trips. I used to do in store cooking demos and would use this a lot for that. It is great when you are trying to cook with limited supplies and room. Plus they are relatively inexpensive. They are also very easy to store. My only complaint would have to be that they need to make the cord longer, but now a days all the electrical cords are made super short. I definitely recommend this product, especially if you are at a higher elevation and tired of waiting over too long for your water to boil.

Cheap little Kettle that gets the job done.

from Otto, NC

Comments about Hamilton Beach K2070 Automatic Electric Kettle:

This was the least expensive electric kettle available in my area and was exactly what I was looking for. I needed a kettle for my desk at work that wouldn't be obtrusive and I felt could be operated safely. This has certainly fit the bill well.

This kettle is small in profile yet holds about 7 cups at maximum fill level. The water level window is easy to read and clearly marked. Filling and operation is about as simple as it gets with one off/on switch located at the top of the handle. The kettle heats the water very quickly and is not terribly noisy; just the sound of boiling water.

The only two negative comments I have are about the very short power cord and the small inconvenience of having to check over and pick off a few stray plastic bits from the inside of the unit after unpacking it.

Overall, I am very happy with this purchase.

I love it!

from Bentonville, AR

Comments about Hamilton Beach K2070 Automatic Electric Kettle:

It heats up really quickly and keeps the water hot for quite awhile. I loved my stove-top kettle, but this one is so much faster, it's my go-to when I only need enough water for two or three cups of tea. I still use my stove-top kettle for brewing iced tea because I don't want to stain this one (it being white plastic I can only imagine how it would look after one use). The only thing that may cause consternation in others is that it only holds enough water for about two and a half mug-fulls of tea/coffee/cocoa/etcetera. But it heats up so fast you could make more in less time than it takes to use a stove-top. It has auto-shut-off to keep it from boiling dry. Definitely recommend!

Okay if you're on a budget

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach K2070 Automatic Electric Kettle:

This kettle worked alright, and lasted a few years which is a good deal, I suppose, for the inexpensive price. However, I would not re-buy it. I dont like that Im constantly boiling water in a plastic container. With all the news about plastic bottles etc, I dont think scalding hot water and plastic chemicals are a good mix, especially if you plan to use this daily as we do. Also, the plastic makes you need to be more careful with it, the button and the lid probably wouldnt withstand a lot of abuse, so you'd need to always keep that in mind if you want to get a long life out of it. Our model of this broke one day when the button would no longer turn on the kettle when pressed, so being as inexpensive as it was we just threw it out and looked for a new stainless steel model instead.

great item!

from Enfield, CT

Comments about Hamilton Beach K2070 Automatic Electric Kettle:

I just bought my Hamilton Beach electric tea kettle about 2-3 months ago. I had friends who had them & loved them, so when my regular tea pot broke, I decided to give this a try. LOVE IT. Its especially great for parties when you want to heat up water- but quickly!