Other Food Processors:

Cons

Small for small jobs

from Huntington, NY

Comments about Hamilton Beach Food Chopper 1.5-Cup Food Processor:

I bought this in a drug store for really cheap. It's really small and I thought the smaller it was the more I'd use it - if it is too big I wouldn't think dragging it out and then cleaning it would be worth it. But using it to chop up onions or grind bread for homemade breadcrumbs or nuts like almonds for a coating would be a perfect time saver. I like that it's clear so you can easily see your food and know when it's fine enough and when you can stop. I always seem to struggle a bit with locking it in place (it won't turn on if it's not in the right position - a safety feature) and then if I run the motor for a few minutes it will start to smell a bit, which freaks me out and then I wait a few minutes before using it again, if my food wasn't fine enough the first time. But for such a low price and a product that's easy to clean and chops a lot faster and better than I could, I'm relatively happy with this purchase.

Power
It chops pretty quickly but sometimes I smell a burning smell, I'm assuming from the motor.

Safety
The safety lock feature is good, making sure the container and lid are on properly before it will power up. I just worry that the burning smell will mean that the motor might catch on fire so I stop it if I start to smell something a bit off.

Ease of Assembly
So easy to assemble - put the container on the unit and the lip on top, although sometimes I have to try a few times before I fit it properly and it locks.

Small unit so easy to clean - take it all apart and wash separately and then wipe the electrical unit with a damp cloth.

I think my motor will die eventually but it was so cheap I feel I definitely got my money's worth and it's lasted long enough so far to keep me happy.

• Ease of Assembly:

Powerful little chopping machine!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Food Chopper 1.5-Cup Food Processor:

This little chopper really packs a lot of punch into such a small size! Over the last year, I have used this product to chop and process a variety of food things, including veggies, hard breads and crackers, hard boiled eggs, nuts, etc. I have even used it to puree fruits for toppings on desserts and in yogurt and when making homemade salsa. Each and every time I use it, I am so pleased. The blades have remained sharp, the motor and parts have had no problems, and the plastic that makes up the product is really tough and durable. Cleanup is easy too, as the chopper comes apart and all but the motorized part is dishwasher safe. The portion that can’t be put in the dishwasher is easy to wipe clean with a wet dish rag. While this is a relatively inexpensive little kitchen appliance gadget, it has proved to be a wonderful product to have around the house and well worth every penny that it cost.

Love this processor

from New Jersey

Comments about Hamilton Beach Food Chopper 1.5-Cup Food Processor:

I first have to say I really like this processor for several reasons. One of the many reasons is that is cleans really well and looks new all the time. This is great for chopping vegetables as you can do a bunch in no time and just store in plastic containers especially if you are like me and love salads but the thought of having to pull out all the vegetables and chop them takes so much work and time. It's so simple to use this machine and store everything. another great reason I really like this machine is that I make a great cheesecake and this machine is just perfect! the price is very affordable too. This makes a great gift for a bridal shower! In the summer with so many fruits and vegetables available why not pick up some and make a fruit salad or dice some veggies to add to your salad with your grilled items! Different color peppers add such an interesting flavor and look really great when serving to your family and friends! How about making a fruit tart so quick and easy for dessert tonight!

Pretty cool

from Fairfield, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach Food Chopper 1.5-Cup Food Processor:

I received this as a Christmas present from my parents. I didn't really need one, but it was cool enough that I figured I might as well use it. It's not the best food processor out there by far, but it gets the job done. I use it mostly to cut up small fruits to put into yogurt or ice cream, or to chop up small portions of veggies to make salsa. I'm not sure it will last very long and I've noticed if I don't cut them small enough first, it will struggle to do it. I probably wouldn't have wanted to pay for this, but as a gift I won't complain at all. The other Hamiliton products I've purchased work well for several months before breaking down and I don't expect this to be much different.

Bang for a Few Bucks

Comments about Hamilton Beach Food Chopper 1.5-Cup Food Processor:

This is a great product for anyone who needs to cut up or grind small portions. If you like to dice your garnishes or make yourself some veggies this is great. In my case this food processor was precisely what I needed, it's inexpensive, a lot cheaper than comparable food processors and it does the job well. The easy lock lid keeps everything inside and the plastic food receptacle is easy to clean. It's fast and easy and the blade does a good job or chopping or pureeing without the need to stand there for an eternity. I didn't really have any expectations when I purchased it but it definitely exceeded any I could have had. I definitely recommend.

Power
Very powerful especially for a small machine.

Safety
Great, easy to close lid that keep you away from the blade.

Ease of Assembly
Easy to use container that come off for cleaning

Very easy

Takes a beating, had it for a long time now.

My Great Little Chopper

from Winfield, KS

Comments about Hamilton Beach Food Chopper 1.5-Cup Food Processor:

We have had this food processor now for several years & it has been great for doing small jobs on food processing all though its a little small for everyday big chopping jobs its great for apartment living with only a couple of people, But dont get me wrong it will chop big supplies of foods just it takes alittle more time.

Power
It always chops anything I need done

Safety
It has built in saftey features for your protection

Its a snap to clean

Good quality food chopper

Comments about Hamilton Beach Food Chopper 1.5-Cup Food Processor:

I love having a food chopper because I hate cutting up onions on my own because it makes my eyes burn so bad. This food chopper is a perfect size for chopping up one onion or other fruits and vegetables for cooking. It is really easy to use and really easy to clean.

Power
Good power level, tough enough to chop things up without stopping.

Safety
The blades are easy to remove and clean without having to worry about getting hurt.

Ease of Assembly
Everything snaps on easily and can easily be taken apart and put back together after cleaning.

Very easy to clean, you can easily take the blade and cup off and put them in the dishwasher.

I use my food chopper all the time and I haven't had any problems with it.

Perfect for small jobs!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Food Chopper 1.5-Cup Food Processor:

I absolutely love my mini processor! I actually brag about this little thing often on my personal blog. I have a large processor but my little mini gets used much more often. It's perfect for quick and small jobs. It will not only chop your onions but it will also make you bread crumbs. I've even used mine to puree liver so I could hide it in our meatballs. Shh! Don't tell the kids! It's very easy to use and extra easy to clean up. It's basically the bowl, the blade, and the lid. It can chop and puree anything that the bigger machines can do! I couldn't make it without mine. It is a MUST for my kitchen.

Power
Amazing power for a little machine. It gets the job done!

Safety
It will not operate without the lid in place, keeping you safe.

Ease of Assembly
You can take it apart and put it back together in 5 seconds.

Simple cleaning! I wish the bigger machines were this easy.

Very durable. I've had mine for many years and it's still going strong and the blade is just fine. I use it almost daily.

Gets the Job Done!

from Burbank, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach Food Chopper 1.5-Cup Food Processor:

We got one of those giant food processor/blender combos for our wedding - and it sits, dusty, up on a shelf above our stove. Why haul out that massive machine when I can pull out this little beauty? I didn't expect much out of a little food chopper like this. I thought maybe I'd chop a couple veggies and then it would sit and gather dust on the shelf with it's long lost cousin. I'm happy that I was wrong. This little thing one of the most helpful kitchen tools I own. I've chopped veggies, I've chopped nuts, I've even chopped up oats to make our baby some oatmeal. The only improvement would be a shredding feature. It's easy to clean (just watch out for the sharp blade). Overall, the perfect tool for a cook in a small kitchen.

Power
Much stronger than it looks.

Safety
Great built in safety mechanism.

Ease of Assembly
Can be assembled quickly and easily.

Very few parts make it easy to clean.

Still working hard after a lot of use!

It works!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Food Chopper 1.5-Cup Food Processor:

I use this quite a bit. I would use this to make baby food from whatever we were having for dinner. It made me feel good knowing what was in the baby food. It was more cost effective and healthy. I have no need for baby food now. I mainly use it to chop onions and make relish. It is pretty strong to be so small. The size is one of its best features. It is very easy to clean, just stick it into the dishwasher. The base can just be wiped cleaned with a damp cloth, no problem. It dosen't require lots of space for storage. It will only work if the lid is locked. Its perfect for small jobs when you don't want to break out the big food processor.