4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Hamilton Beach 76380 Classic Can Opener works like a dream

until I started writing this review I never really gave this can opener a second thought. I have had it for about 5 1/2 years and it is still going strong and looks like new. I have never had a problem opening a can with it, usually on the first try it grabs it and opens the can right up. Even those cans that have a dent on the top will open up very easily. I don;t think it's too big, I have limited counter space and it doesn't take up too much room. It seems just right in weight and can handle even the biggest cans. It also cleans very well, I usually just use an hot soapy wash cloth. It has a knife sharpener in the back, although I can't say how well that works as I have never used it. I am quite surprised how long it has lasted and even if it broke tomorrow I would buy the same one again.I like the black with chrome, it matches my coffee maker and microwave. I haven't had any problems at all with this and I can't think of anything I don't like about it, and would highly recommend it.

I use this can opener almost daily.

I am writing this review for the **Hamilton Beach Clean Cut Can Opener**.  The Hamilton Beach Clear Cut Can Open was a wedding gift to my husband and myself, in 2006. So we have given the can open quite a lot of use.   The Hamilton Beach Clear Cut Can Opener looks nice and comes in various colors.  Ours is black. But have seen them in white, and red also.  They are durable, and clean up nicely.  The blade and handle to the cutting blade is removable for clean up and soaking if the need be.  I sometimes have a little bit of a hard time getting the handle/blade to line up on the cans that I am trying to open. But for the most part, it has a clean cut after I get it situated on the can.  That may be my fault though, as the handle is made to come off to clean.  The power cord can be adjusted top the length that you need to reach your plugin.  About a 3 ft. cord.  I usually keep mine partly tucked inside the base of the can opener and just leave out the few inches I need to plug it in.  The Hamilton Beach Clear Cut Can Opener is definately lasting longer than I expected it too.  Compared to the GE models I have used, I believe it has outlasted the can openers that I had purchased myself.  D.L. Clark, Bellingham, WA.

Great opener

Comments about Hamilton Beach Classic Heavy Duty Can Opener:

Very good heavy duty opener. Good value because it consistently opens cans easily and quickly and is a low price. A little heavy to hold if stored on a higher shelf; I have to use two hands to make sure I do not drop it.

Great can opener because it always catches the lip of the can to start opening easily. Easy to position a can to open quickly. The machine has a good weight to it so you aren't afraid it is going to tip over when using it. I wish it was made out of stainless steel rather than black material so it looked nicer and higher quality. I would not leave this out on my kitchen counter because of the black material and how it does not match my other stainless steel appliances which are very common now.

Thick plastic makes it very durable. Metal opener pieces are strong and resist scratches that can occur when putting a can up to the opener.

Heavy base but not too heavy. Easy to use with big hands. Cord is long.

This is your basic can opener

from Santa Fe, NM

Comments about Hamilton Beach Classic Heavy Duty Can Opener:

This is your basic can opener without "bells and whistles" such as a knife sharpener. Does have a number of nice features: attractive, easy to clean, a good length appliance cord which does a good job on most cans. I'm happy with mine.

This is not a can opener for commercial use, but I'm happy with it in my home kitchen.

I've had this can opener for several years and have had no problems with either the motor or the cutting blades.

I have mainly black featured small appliances with a similar "sleek" design, so this coordinates well on my counter top. Practically, the ability to easily remove the cutting assembly for cleaning is one of its best features. Cord length and height I believe are plusses.

Love this opener

Comments about Hamilton Beach Classic Heavy Duty Can Opener:

Smooth operating and makes a very clean cut. Have owned a number of makes and models through the years and I think this is the best one to date. This can opener does an excellent job of removing lids smoothly leaving no sharp edges or metal particles touching food contents.Removes lids by by cutting around just under the top edge. Removal of lid is easy and leaves no sharp edges - what a plus! It even removes lids on pull-top cans for those who have difficulty pulling the ring. In addition to working extremely well, it looks sleek and attractive sitting on the counter. It does not stop automatically, but there's a definite change in the sound of the opener that signals when the lid is ready to remove. I love this opener!

Makes Life So Much Easier

from Newark, DE

Comments about Hamilton Beach Classic Heavy Duty Can Opener:

So I finally broke down after years of using the handheld can openers that barely work half the time or will only open half of the can and bought the Hamilton Beach Heavy Duty Can Opener in red. I am so glad I did! It works phenomenally, I have had it for about 4 months now and it has opened EVERY single can, hasn't gotten stuck a single time, hasn't ever left me with a partially opened can. It is so quick, and while I realize it's not like it takes forever to open a can with a handheld this is literally 5 seconds and you're done. It is nice to have to put a little less effort into preparing food, thank you Hamilton Beach!

Great can opener!

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Hamilton Beach Classic Heavy Duty Can Opener:

Love havig a can opener that doesn't leave can shards in the food you just opened!!!

Sometimes I do find pieces of the wrapper in my foor, but thats better than metal! Plus you can take the piece off that does the cutting & wash it- I love that!

Have had this for at least 5 years without any problems.

get ready to open

Comments about Hamilton Beach Classic Heavy Duty Can Opener:

I love the color , easy to clean, easy to store. I have no problem with it. It holds the top as it opens the can. I can store any where, very compact to fit in small spaces. I love that it hasnt rusted as other appliances. Easy to wipe down and clean off after any mess.

good can opener

from Roseville, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach Classic Heavy Duty Can Opener:

I really love this can opener. It fits right in with the decor in my kitchen and adds a lot of style. It opens cans very well and runs smoothly. It is easy to ge the can hooked onto the lever and push down on the lever and open the can. It is quiet and also easy to clean. I love the design of the can opener and feel it will last a long time. All in all a great new addition to my kitchen.

Very Convenent Can Opener

from Detroit, MI

Comments about Hamilton Beach Classic Heavy Duty Can Opener:

This can opener has a loose top (the part where the magnet is located) and can easily be bent down for storage, instead of sticking out. Also, the wire for the outlet is retractable, so it can be stored inside of the can opener itself without having to worry about the wire being damaged, but the plug is still exposed. The can opener works well, and it can grip the can, but since the part where the magnet is flimsy, you have to hold the can until it can revolve to cut itself. The magnet has a good hold because despite the magnet being flimsy, it can still hold the can very strongly. It is one of the newest can openers that I have ever used and it works well. I always like to use it, but never keep it by a microwave. The magnet part is loose and can easily stick to the microwave, making the microwave not warm food well.

Hamilton Beach 76380 Classic Can Opener works like a dream

Hamilton Beach Classic Heavy Duty Can Opener Gets the Job Done

from Orem, UT

Comments about Hamilton Beach Classic Heavy Duty Can Opener:

We were given the Hamilton Beach Classic Heavy Duty Can Opener as a wedding gift. We have now had it for over 3 years, and it still is working great.

We enjoy that we can put any size of can on the can-opener and have it be opening the can and leave it alone while it does it's job. I've used ones in the past, where I would start opening a big can and it would tip over, requiring me to sit there and hold it.

One of the things we didn't like about the can opener is that the blad assembly sometimes falls off when I take the can off of the can opener. This doesn't happen to often though, and so it has been a great product to have in the house.

Overall this is a great can-opener, and for the price it was at the time, would be well worth the money.