Other Coffee Makers:

Hamilton Beach BrewStation 10-Cup Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

The hamilton beach brew station brews the best without hassles.

I'm a die hard coffee drinker who has owned many different coffee making machines. The Hamilton Beach brew station is by far the most reliable and easy to use system I've encountered. The absence of a carraffe, and the indirect heating of the coffee via the removable container just brews a better tasting coffee. The brew station allows me to let the coffee continue to be hot without scorching the coffee and giving it a bitter taste. The removable/replaceable water filter also allows me to filter the water as the coffee is brewing also making for that better tasting cup of Jo. The programming capabilities let's me pre-make my coffee, set a programmed time for brewing to begin and have that hot cup of coffee ready when I need it. This is a great feature when those early morning rise and shine work days happen. Cleaning is a breeze! The brew-station disassembles and allows for cleaning without headache. It's removable coffee storage is dishwasher safe. The ability to use my own cup to get coffee is probably the feature I enjoy the most.

Hamilton Beach Brew Station Works, but Could be Better

A good cup of coffee is a great way to start the day and manufacturers continue to wow consumers with the many different ways to brew the perfect cup of java. I have used many coffee makers and one that I have found good but not great is the Hamilton Beach Brew Station.

Coffee Maker Facts and Commentary:

The Hamilton Beach Brew Station is a different type of coffee maker that brews a pot full of coffee without a glass carafe. The coffee maker comes with a permanent filter and it holds the brewed coffee in a special reservoir where it is kept warm and it dispenses by pressing a cup against a metal bar.

I drink coffee most days of the week and when I first learned about the Hamilton Beach Brew Station, I was intrigued. I like that there is no glass carafe because that means no chance for broken glass. I also like that the coffee brewed by this machine taste pretty good and requires no carafe clean- up, which can sometimes be difficult, given the odd shape of so many coffee pots.

So, with no worries about glass, is this the perfect coffee maker? The answer is no, for a few key reasons. First, the bar that you press to release the coffee is placed too high, which means those who have a short cup cannot rest the cup on the drip tray- the cup has to be held and pressed against the bar. Another issue is the measurements- the back reservoir doesn’t have any water level markings, so you have to figure out how much water it will take to reach the desired level through trial and error. I found that it works out to about 5 ounces per cup. It would be nice if the manufacturer had thought of this and marked the rear reservoir accordingly.

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

The Hamilton Beach Brew Station is a coffee maker with promise and it does deliver on most counts. It could still stand to be improved and it does have its annoyances, but it is still a decent enough coffee maker to earn a recommendation.

Brew Performance
The coffee brewed using this coffee maker is good in taste.

No glass carafe, which is nice, but it still takes effort to clean.

Easy enough, but some things like the water usage take time to figure out.

This coffee maker is designed fairly well and it does look nice, but it does have a few flaws.

No glass to break, but the mostly plastic construction may not last very long.

I would buy again

from Eureka, CA

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Stylish

Cons

• Limited Features

• Everyday

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 10-Cup Coffee Maker:

This is way better than the Keruig but I upgraded to the new Ninja Coffee bar so I no longer use this one, But it is awesome .

Complicated and Backwards but Works Really Well

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 10-Cup Coffee Maker:

The Hamilton Beach BrewStation 10-Cup Coffee Maker is your regular drip coffee pot turned upside down on its head. That is a bit of an understatement, this thing doesn't exactly defy gravity but it is not the standard drip coffee pot you are used to.
Some things are the same, fill the basket with your coffee grounds of choice, and fill the water reservoir to the appropriate line. From here on out it's a space mans coffee pot!
The coffee boils and brews through the filter basket but it doesn't drip out into a carafe, it is held in a sealed and heated compartment until you place a mug below the dispenser.
The 'sealed' compartment is designed to keep air from getting in and allowing the coffee to burn or turn bitter over time. There is some air that can get in through an overflow hole for the water reservoir but it still does a good job of keeping your coffee fresher longer than a standard drip pot would.
The only complaint I have is that the dispenser button tends to get small drips of coffee on it when the valve doesn't close right away and after a while it will get stuck leaving the valve open and allowing your precious coffee to spill out onto the counter. If you keep an eye out for this you can stop it right away, it is a little annoying but it really doesn't happen that often.
There is an auto-shut off feature that turns the burner off 2 hours after the coffee finishes brewing so it doesn't burn the coffee or damage the coils.
All in all this upside down space ship looking coffee pot takes a little getting used to but it does what it is supposed to and makes a mean cup of your morning java.

There are more parts on this coffee pot than a standard drip coffee pot so it takes a little longer to clean.

A little over-complicated - you have to put the coffee reservoir in just right for the lid to close - but once you get the hang of it, it's not so bad.

Space Ship

Aside from the sticky dispense button this unit is very durable, no broken parts in several years of every day and sometimes 3 or more pots in a day use.

• Brew Performance:

Easy to use brew station. No more burnt coffee taste!

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 10-Cup Coffee Maker:

Very easy to use! Easy to clean and has no burnt coffee taste. Coffee stays very hot. Convenient timer allows for your coffee to be brewed and ready when you are. Easy dispenser to allow for one cup of coffee at a time with the other coffee stays hot and fresh for the next cup. Nice design that goes with any decor. View-able coffee level window allows for convenient coffee level viewing making to easier to know when it is time to make a new pot. Easy for the whole family to use. Coffee that is brewed taste fresh from the first cup to the last. Price is very reasonable for the name brand of brew station. The Hamilton beach 10 cup brew station is easy to locate in stores for purchase. I have had one for many years now and it still makes the coffee as good as it did the first day. My coffee still tastes fresh when I make a pot and still remains hot from the first cup to the last. Hot plate does not burn out like a traditional coffee maker.

Coffee tastes good.

from Ohio

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 10-Cup Coffee Maker:

I purchased this "Hamilton Beach Brewstation 10-cup Coffee Maker 47374" Around this time last year. I had so many issues breaking coffee pots, this was perfect for me. I decided to give it a try, especially since I'm really into making Iced coffee at home. It is very easy to use, and you could make a little bit of coffee, or a lot.

Brew Performance
The brew performance is actually great. It is fairly quick and always tastes great. There have never been any stray coffee grinds floating around in my coffee like I've experienced with other coffee makers. My coffee never has a bitter or burnt taste. It tastes great!

This is pretty easy to clean actually. Both of the "reservoirs" can be easily wiped down with a cloth or napkin. The one that holds the coffee once its brewed snaps out so you can wash it with your dishes. When you are done, dry it out and snap it back in. Super easy!

You will find this coffee maker very easy to use. You just measure the amount of water you want, along with how much coffee you want. Set it up and push one button. It takes just a couple minutes of brewing, stick your coffee cup under it so it hits the button. Wa-la! You have a great tasting cup of coffee, right at home.

Very beautiful black design, which should go great with any kitchen design.

Very durable little coffee maker.

Coffee Perfection

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 10-Cup Coffee Maker:

I love my Brew Station!! I prep it in the evening, set the timer, go to bed and wake up to the smell of coffee! Love! LOVE! LOVE!

Brew Performance
I have never had any issues with my Brew Station. We have had ours for about 3 years now and it has never failed us. We can make two cups of coffee when its just us, or make ten cups of coffee for when we have company. The coffee always tastes fresh, and stays warm for a while. I love the automatic power off feature as well. We never worry if we left the coffee pot on because if we did, it will shut itself off!

All pieces disassemble easily for quick clean up.

After a few times of figuring out how to set the timer and clock its quite easy to remember. I do wish the Brew Station had a back up of some sort for when there are power outages. During hurricane season in Florida the power went off quite a few times and it seemed as if we were constantly resetting the clock and timers.

The simple design is perfect in our kitchen. It keeps the counters tidy and does not take up very much space. The flat black look as opposed to shiny makes keeping the Brew Station clean on the outside much easier.

Our Brew Station has been through two moves, one of them being cross country. It held up through the moving processes perfectly. Me being the klutzy person that I am, I've dropped a few pieces and they are fine.

Well worth the money

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 10-Cup Coffee Maker:

This coffee maker is the best one I have ever owned! It has been making coffee with it for over 10 years and it is still going strong. It is perfect for people who like making hot and iced coffee! Well worth the money! I purchased this coffee maker over 10 years ago and I make at least one pot of iced and one pot of hot coffee every day and i have never had anything go wrong with it yet.

The Hamilton Beach 10 cup brewmaster is the best

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 10-Cup Coffee Maker:

This is the perfect coffee maker for me. It makes just the right amount of coffee for the day, stays fresh so I can enjoy a cup whenever I want one.

Brew Performance
It brews pretty quickly if taken care of properly

Very easy to keep clean

So easy a child could operate it

Because of it's design, it fits perfectly into small spaces.

It's been in my kitchen for quite a while,, still going strong.

• Brew Performance:

My favorite coffee maker--with a unique design

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 10-Cup Coffee Maker:

The Hamilton Beach "pot-less" coffee maker is genius. There is no coffee pot, only a (heated) storage area. To get your coffee, you push your cup against a button to release the coffee.

Brew Performance
The brewing is perhaps not as strong as others, so you may use a little more coffee if you like it strong.

There is no coffee pot to worry about, which stains and ages. The storage pot is removable and durable. The only down sides are: the small grate under the dispensing area is a little tedious to clean. Also the water storage (before it is brewed) area is a little hard to get down in, but it doesn't need to be cleaned often.

Incredibly easy to use. The cup measurements for the water are clearly marked, and the brewed coffee is kept warm above the dispense button.

Again, the pot-less design is awesome. And pushing the dispensing button is fun. The design makes so much sense--I think coffee pots are on the way out!

No glass coffee pot to worry about breaking! Big plus!

• Brew Performance:

I would definetly buy another one.

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 10-Cup Coffee Maker:

The only problem we have is it clogs easy and the pour spout won't work good other wise we love ours. So you have to clean it often. Love. Love. Love. Love it. The best coffee pot we have ever bought.

Brew Performance
Love it works great and is fast! Usually the coffee is ready in about 10 minutes or so. you can set and leave it shuts off after two hours and it keeps the coffee warm for several more hours after it shuts off.

You have to clean under the spout often or it clogs. Which is easy to do we just flip it over every time we use it and run hot water over the hole for 30 seconds or more and keeps it clear of clogging.

Love it never have to worry about breaking the pot. With all of our other coffee makers we were always replacing the pot.

Takes very little space we love it. It is simple to keep it clean it has a very sleek smooth outside. You just need to wipe it down occasionally.

We have had ours for several years. We will continue to use it till it breaks.

Love this coffee maker.

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 10-Cup Coffee Maker:

My parents bought this coffee maker for my husband and myself.
We use it daily and we are happy that it doesn't have a carafe and we can just keep the coffee hot and get some when we want. It stays hot for 2 hours, but when the time is up, we just push the button off then on and it starts over.

Brew Performance
It brews the coffee just how I like it.

Very easy to clean. I just run the proper cleaner through it.

There are no issues with using it. I read the directions once and was good to go.

The design is great. It's very simple to use and I like being able to fill my on the go coffee mug.

It's lasted very long and comes in handy when we need to make coffee any time of day.