Other Coffee Makers:

Hamilton Beach BrewStation Summit 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

No Caraffe!

This is a 12-cup programmable coffeemaker with insulated inner tank that holds the coffee.It has a dispensing bar for one-handed servingand auto shutoff for up to 4 hours. You can make bold, regular, iced-coffee, or small-batch cups of coffee. There is a removable water tank with a water-level indicator. I have had this coffee maker for one month, and since I am a very picky coffee maker owner, I must say I am quite satisfied with this one. I do have a few comments about it.

1. To start making coffee first you lift off the filter holder, put in a filter and your favorite coffee and set aside. Fill the water reservoir at the sink and bring it back to the machine and dump it into the insulated holder. Surprisingly, it is quite easy to do the pouring, as the reservoir is big, and somewhat unyielding. Then, you put the empty reservoir on top of the base, replace the filter holder with coffee in it and close the lid. If you want bold flavored coffee you would press that button and then press start. You also have the option of setting the keep warm function for up to 4 hours.

2. Two hours after making coffee, the coffee still tastes great.

3. The coffee is HOT! I have been having to add additional milk to my cup to get it to the temperature I like to drink it at.

4. A too-big mug will cause coffee to run down the back of the cup.

All in all, I am pleased with the maker, and have been pleased with Hamilton Beach products for the most part for many years. Incidently, HB also makes the Michael Graves coffee maker, in which I wrote a review and said I was unhappy with the warming plate.

I'm too tired right now to think that far ahead

My husband bought me this Hamilton Beach Ultra 12-cup Programmable Brewstation Coffeemaker as a birthday gift. I thought 'right-on', I need a new coffeemaker. -  OK...well.... I knew after the first pot ....there were going to be problems. Because,.....Whoever designed this..either doesn't drink coffee or at least has never cleaned one out before.  It is one of the hardest kitchen appliances I've ever had to try to keep clean. It ***does not ***come clean ***easily***...***after**.... it's **over cooked** your coffee.*  You actually need a damn bottle brush to clean out the water reservoir (*which truns into the hot coffee reservoir, and that's... where your coffee get's **over-cooked**)*. Then, there's the drain tray or may-be it's called the 'over flow reservoir' tray....or whatever you want to call it...that thing that's constantly being filled up ***under** your coffee cup...* because if you've *not held your coffee cup up... just right*... against the pour button, coffee goes everywhere...(mostly onto the counter).... *But*, when the coffee actually does make it into that 'over flow reservoir' tray, *it's also a nightmare 'n * impossible to try 'n keep clean... If you've left spilt coffee in that area...(it only takes a few hours to become dried syrup an' you almost need Q-tips to get into the corners, or y*ou need to turn the whole damn thing upside down and hold it *under hot running water...... The only other option is (which is what I've been doing), is to have a hot wash cloth or paper towells under my cup to catch the over-spill..... so the fricken' coffee won't make it down into that little over flow dish.

**This coffee pot is just not worth it.******

LD

Happy with this product

from SalemNY

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Cons

• Everyday
    • Home
    • Office
    • Weekends

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation Summit 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I replaced my old, regular cheap coffee pot with this one and have been pretty pleased with my purchase since I brought it home and plugged it in. The design and lower price of it is what drew me in first. I liked the idea of the coffee being stored inside the coffee maker instead of a glass pot. It has all the settings and features I was looking for and keeps the coffee hot enough until it is gone. I have a few coffee drinkers in my home and no one has complained yet! I would definitely recommend this to others looking for an affordable but stylish coffee maker.

wonderful coffee pot

from Toccoa, GA

We have had this coffee pot for several years now. It still keeps the coffee hot. I have noticed that it is better to let the coffee brew about 30 minutes before drinking if you like your coffee hot. The other thing as our coffee pot has aged, it now leaks once the pot is almost empty.

Brew Performance
    Brews well, we did not like the brew strength booster, it made the coffee more bitter, so we don't use it anymore.

It is nice that I can take out the pot and filter holder and put them in the sink. There are so many little plastic supports that come out and they are hard to clean around. Now that it is leaking some I have to clean underneath the whole pot. It is not a bad leak and if you tip the whole pot a little bit forward at the end, it doesn't leak at all.

We really like not having a carafe that can break. The feature that sold this coffee pot for us was the warmer that keeps the coffee hot for up to 4 hours.

The feature that sold this coffee pot for us was the warmer that keeps the coffee hot for up to 4 hours. Love that feature, and it does keep the coffee hot. I also like that i can take the reservoir and the filter holder completely out to wash them in the sink. What I don't like are all the little plastic partitions inside that make it hard to clean, even with a toothbrush.

The plastic is holding up. We are having some leaking trouble, right around where you fill up your cup. The little tray that is supposed to hold the leaks, does not, I always have to wipe up underneath the entire pot.

• Brew Performance:

This coffee maker is awesome

Ok So This coffee maker is super awesome and even more awesome because I got it when it was on Sale. Anyhow what I really like about the brew station is that is so easy to use. Also it's much less messier than your standard coffee maker with a pot there are no pots to clean and no stale coffee left behind. It has settings to keep your coffee warm and fresh up to 4 hours and you can select if you want 1.2.3 or 4 hours for it to stay warm. It also has the option to brew your coffee even more stronger with a Bold button. Overall is a great coffee maker and I fully recommend it. I have been using it for 6 months now no problem and I drink coffee multiple times a day. Everyone that comes over thinks is awesome that you just grab a cup and go it reminds me of a soda machine at a store or something. Again it is a very efficient coffee maker and I would definetely buy again also the stainless steel look is so sleek and modern I think this guy will last me a good while.

Awesome coffee maker!

This Hamilton Beach 12 cup programmable coffee maker is the best coffee maker that I have ever used. It's great at keeping coffee warm for exactly the amount of time you want it to and then shutting down and because it works like a dispenser, you don't have to worry about pouring from a coffee pot and spilling coffee absolutely everywhere. Although it's a little pricey, it's definitely worth every penny.

Brew Performance
    This coffee maker not only makes great coffee but it does it fast and measuring is a snap. It's really simple to make great coffee with.

This machine isn't the easiest to clean but many of the parts come out and can be cleaned well. As for the machine itself, just brew vinegar water every few months to keep it nice and fresh.

It's absolutely idiot-proof. Especially if you don't want to program anything.

It has a very sleek and couture design.

I've been using it for years and it hasn't shown the slightest bit of wear or tear.

• Brew Performance:

Pretty good product but some small difficulties.

Made good coffee and in a good amount of time, but also was very difficult to clean and use. Lasted a good amount of time, but when it quits it really quits.

Brew Performance
    Great tasting coffee every time. Never had a problem with the actual taste of the coffee. Also an easy set clock and timer made it very simple to put the coffee in the night before and wake up to it.

Very bulky and difficult to clean. Too many pieces and too big. There are little spaces too that are way too hard to get to. Let sit for a couple days after cleaning one time and noticed mold growing near the part where the coffee comes out.

Too many piece and too bulky, but all and all not too hard to understand. Spilled water one too many times also.

Great looking and a great concept. I would just change where and how it comes apart.

Lasted me a good 2 and 1/2 years then completely quit on me. Started having coffee come out of all the openings in the machine.

• Brew Performance:

Excellent coffee maker, wonderful concept

I absolutely loved this coffee maker. The coffee never got bitter or burnt in the morning. I didn't have to worry about breaking the carafe, which I did on a few others. It was also very attractive.

Brew Performance
    The coffee was the same every time, and every cup. This was awesome.

It was very simply to clean and the bucket that held the coffee and water was very easy to handle.

The programmable features were easily used and the coffee maker itself was very easy to utilize.

I found it very attractive but too tall. I didn't fit under any cabinets and I ended up setting up a shelf for my coffee pot and items.

This pot has a short life span when used daily or even more than once a day. I had two, one lasted about a year the other lasted a year and a half. The first one stopped making coffee at all, it wouldn't pull the water from the pot through the grounds. The second one developed a leak and the coffee slowly dripped out during the day making a mess.

• Brew Performance:

Great coffee maker at reasonable price!

We originally got this coffee maker to brew and serve coffee to our small church group. It was a hit right away, and has continued to serve us in our home. We love the fact that there is no glass carafe to break (how many replacements have you had to buy?) and the coffee stays gently warmed for hours, much warmer than the thermal carafes. It's easy to clean and easy to set up! Don't think we will ever have a carafe style coffee maker again!

Only complaint is when the top lid is opened, water residue rolls down the inside to the back and down to the counter. I usually slide a paper towel under the lid and back by the hinged side to collect the water.

LOVE my Hamilton Beach!

from Fond Du Lac, WI

I prefer this coffee maker over any other brand!

Coffee brews very fast!

It is not hard to clean this item but nearly impossible to remove the dark coffee stains from the plastic components! This does not in any way affect the performance though.

Lots of little nooks and crannies that can be hard to clean but I still prefer this system over a glass carafe.

Some of the older models didn't last more than a year but this model I have now had for over 3 years and it is still going strong!

THEY AINT LYIN........ IT DRIPS A BIT>>>>>>>>>

from Lakewood, CA

Now why am i giving a 5 star rating for a coffeemaker that drips when it brews??? Good quesiton. 1) it makes a mean cup of coffee 2) it brews in 3-4 minutes 3) its easy to clean 4) im a nice guy 5) its very inexpensive....... I was aware of the issues that reviewers pointed out before my purchase.... and at first (the first month or so) it did not drip. I have been using this coffeemaker for 9 months now. And I Like to ready my cup with sugar and cream so that when brewing is done....I press (the dispenser) and go. So at first I suppose it may have been dripping a bit....but I didnt notice because my cup is in the coffemaker dispensing area and catches the drips. and to those reviewers that have complained......they are right. But I have found a way to circumvent the issue and also have the coffee MY WAY TOO>>>> Its not perfect.....and I must admit...I am waiting for it to get worse....but for the money....this machine has made gallons of coffee, for very little money. And when it crumbles....I will get another, and quite possibly the same maker. Great value....very little drip during brew....id say a 1/8 teaspoon.

super happy

• Brew Performance:

Not an improvement from the older Hamilton Beach BrewStation.

from Stoughton, WI

I had an older model Hamilton Beach BrewStation for many years before my husband forced me to retire it.  Our older model started to leak from the top reservoir into the bottom one, which in turn would leak onto the counter.  I honestly was so attached to my older BrewStation, that I would place a paper towel under it each time I made coffee instead of going out and purchasing a new one.  I wanted to buy this model because I obviously really liked the features of my older BrewStation and wanted the same conveniences once again.  I also figured the kinks should have been worked out in newer models.  But... All love I have for the BrewStation is now gone!  This model seems very cheaply made to me, although it wasn't inexpensive to buy.  I feel like they spent all the money on the stainless steel accents instead of the necessities.  My old model came with the filters for the reservoir and and the spout.  This model lists the filters as an optional accessory that needs to be purchased separately.  Also, it is hard to fill the bottom with water using the detachable reservoir.  I ended up getting water all over the counter multiple times before finally resorting to use a water pitcher every morning to fill it up.  I also agree with a previous reviewer.  It's biggest annoyance is that the coffee will spill all over if you don't place the cup under the spout 'just right' - and it usually won't end up in the overflow either.  The spout needs to be placed farther away from the lever (like in my old model) so to fill the cup without this happening.  I do still enjoy the programmable feature so the coffee is ready in the morning when I get up (or should I say when my daughter gets me up), and the auto shut off feature... but I think these are available on many coffee makers.  I really miss my old BrewStation and am considering trying to take this back for something else.