Other Coffee Makers:

Hamilton Beach BrewStation Summit 12-Cup Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

Great Office Coffee Pot.

We have this particular model in our breakroom and it's a hit. We replaced the old workhorse but have found that this one is excellent. It is a 12 C brewer that heats the coffee to HOT and keeps it that way for over 4 hours without fail. It has a convenient auto "off" feature that never leaves us in a jam as to wondering if the last guy out shut it off for the night. It cleans up easily with it's removable inner parts and dispenses nicely even in the larger cups or travel mugs that most of us have. The cleanup tray is easy to dump for those drips that every coffee pot has when it is used throughout a busy work day. The one feature that I really love is the side see through cups level that lets us know how much coffee we have remaining before the next sucker has to brew a new pot :O)

All in all, this is an excellent coffee maker for the busy department. It brews hot, fresh coffee in a snap and keeps it hot for the morning. What more can I ask for?

Sandy

It has to come apart in several large pieces but does take some time to clean.

Very user friendly.

Unfortunately, this particular coffee maker is beginning to fall apart. In it's defense, it is used CONSTANTLY but gently. I wouldn't buy another one.

Great way to keep coffee warm for hours

This coffe maker was just what we have been looking for. The timer allows us to set it up at night and awaken to hot fresh coffee. Filling the water tank is easy and effortless and easy to keep clean. The holding area for the brewed coffee is also easy to maintain and keeps the coffee hot till you are ready to consume it. The despenser allows you to choose the amount of coffee you want. No glass to break which is a big plus. The heating plate that is located in the coffee maker allows the coffee to stay hot for hours wilthout causing the coffee to taste burnt or old. The fiter basket is easy to remove and clean out after the coffee has brewed. The carafe funtions as a messuring unit for the water and has a spout for easy pouring. The easy grip handle allows you to handle the carafe with ease and without worry of burning your hands on hot coffee. The auto off timer allows for upto four hours of hot coffee.

Brew Performance
The brewing of my coffee has been great and the strength is what I expect.

The windows inside to show coffee levels are very hard to get to. The water contaminant section does not allow a space big enough to clean or wipe down

Very easy to use and easy to set up

The design looks great but the placement for the button to dispense the coffee is set high so your cup is always hitting the spout.

unit on the whole is durable but the top of the lid area scratches easy.

I would buy this again

from ohio

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Cons

• Everyday

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation Summit 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

This coffee maker is the best coffee pot I have purchased by far. I got this because my fiancé always started work a few hours before I got up, so of ocurse by the time I got up the coffee in the regular coffee pot was burnt tasting, and I hate microwaved coffee. I was looking at a few other brands but couldn't afford them. I saw this coffee maker and was super excited. It has everything I need. It brews your coffee what ever amount you need brewed, and it keeps it warm in a compartment where it doesn't burn the coffee. It has the option to keep warm for up tp 4 hours. you can choose bold or regular brew. You don't have to worry about a hot pot of coffee being left where kids can grab it. You can program the coffee maker to start a certain time. The coffee maker brews real quick (bold brew takes a little bit longer) It beeps to let you know when the coffee is done brewing. It is real easy refill the water when your coffee is all gone. Another great thing is it still takes the basket for the coffee and uses regular coffee grounds so you don't have to buy the expensive cups that other coffee makers use. The look of this coffee pot is amazing. You would think that this was over 100.00 but it's not. The price of this coffee maker is such a great price.

Fast, easy and hot

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation Summit 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

Encountered this coffeemaker during a visit to a friend's house and fell in love with it. We purchased one within as soon as we got home. The coffee stays inside the machine rather than in a coffee pot. We had had great trouble with coffee becoming bitter or sour in the past when it was kept in a glass pot heated over a hot plate in the coffeemaker. We had even tried the insulated pots that don't have an outside source of heat. The difficulty with vacuum pots is that they can be difficult for people to open, especially those like our parents who have arthritis. They also seemed to be confusing for our guests who, wanting to get themselves a cup of coffee, would need to ask how to open the carafe. With this machine, it's easy to pour a cup of coffee and even if they need to ask, the explanation is simple and quick because it is a concept that everyone is familiar with. Even when the coffee sits in the coffeemaker for several hours, there is no bitterness. It is easy to take apart and clean.

convenient

from Clatskanie, OR

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation Summit 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

This is a great coffee maker. It is easy to use and to keep clean. I would recommend this to anyone that drinks coffee or even hot water.

Brew Performance
    The person can change the brew strength from regular to bold with the touch of one button. One problem that I have is it shuts off after four hours. But it does not burn the coffee or leave it burnt tasting.

All you do is push the button like you are going to brew the coffee and it will tell you how many times (which is four cycles) to run the vinegar/water to get the machine clean. It comes with instructions that tell you the right ratio of vinegar to water that is used to clean the machine.

You put in the water in the bottom chamber, then the coffee grounds in the top chamber, and then push the button to turn the machine on. It will beep when it is done. You can not turn the pot back on without adding the fluid to the bottom chamber.

Can't see the level of the coffee to know how much is left. Easy to use. The buttons are well labeled.

Stands up to most anything. Sturdy design and buttons that are easy to push.

• Brew Performance:

I just love this product

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation Summit 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

this has to be one of the best coffee pots they have out. It is so easy to use and clean. Can't get any easier. I just love it. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Brew Performance
    Set it....and by the time you know it the coffee is done. You don't have to wait forever for the brewing to start.

So simple you won't even seem like you worked.

So easy to use even a 6 year old can use it. Yes, my 6 year old loves starting my coffee.

Easy to store, don't take up a lot of cabinet space and sleek.

Must say it has great durability.

• Brew Performance:

I love this coffee maker

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation Summit 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I love the ease of use and the way it is self contained with no carafe. I can get myself a tiny cup or a huge mug with no spilling or lifting.

Brew Performance
    any bad cups of coffee were due to the coffee brand and not the brewer

Just wash out the tank and wipe and grounds from the inside of the lid

you can fill at night and set the timer, so you can make coffee in your sleep

looks better on the counter than a regular coffeemaker and takes less space than many.

This is my second one in 2 years, but the first one was a dud as the second has outlasted the first and no signs of breaking down. They are used in some upscale hotels i've stayed in and bought one based on those experiences. I figure it gets hard usage under those circumstances.

Hamilton Beach Brew Station

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation Summit 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I started using Hamilton Beach brew station about 6 years ago. I absolutely love it. I don't have to worry about making a mess using this product because I don't have to pour it from a pot. I will never go back to using a coffee maker that requires a coffee pot. That's just my opinion. I love my Brew Station.

BrewStation is #1!

from Fond Du Lac, WI

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation Summit 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I have been using this Hamilton Beach BrewStation Summit 12-Cup Coffee Maker for about 3 years now. This took the place of another Hamilton Beach of the same type.

Brew Performance
    Brews coffee very fast and stays fresh!

The reservoir that holds the coffee can be very hard to keep clean because no matter how often you clean it the coffee stains keep building up. Dark coffee on plastic is not an easy thing to clean.

Easy to use but it seems like there could be an easier way and neater way to pour the water into the reservoir. I spill it all the time.

Good design but it is quite large on the countertop.

This model is much more durable than one of the other Hamilton Beach brands I had before it. I have not had to replace this one yet and the last one I replaced 3 times in 2 years!

• Brew Performance:

Little annoyances of this unit make me glad we got a great deal.

from Rockford, MI

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation Summit 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

Concept is great, but there are some fairly annoying issues.

Brew Performance
    Brew performance is great. Fast and hot (or cold for iced coffee). Timer is great for 5:30 mornings.

One of the annoyances with this machine is that it's very "drippy." I don't know how else to really describe. Because of the design, the filter basket never seems to really dry out. Therefore, when you go to empty the basket, it drips yucky old coffee water all over the place. (Think counter, floor, rugs, sink, wherever. Just really a hassle having to wipe up everything every single time. And I'm not just talking about a little water, either. The huge coffee container (which is great since it really does hold 12 cups) also has to be removed and dumped and wiped off each time since it it both black and stainless. In a nutshell, much more work than my old Mr. Coffee with the filter basket and coffee pot.

The machine itself is easy to operate, but see my comments in ease of cleaning. Also, one of the main reasons we purchased this unti was because of its cool "push-to-fill" feature. We have found, however, that we must brace the unit in back--either by holding it or pushing it against the wall--to get a full stream serve.

Looks nice, but see comments about cleaning and ease of use.

Sturdily made. Good quality unit. Seems built to last. Classic design that should appear current for years.

• Brew Performance:

Holds coffee for a longer period without the burn taste.

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation Summit 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

Had received one of these before as a gift and it didn't work..but wanted to try it again and so far so good. It works fine, the only thing I don't like is the water reservoir. Wish there was a simpler way to pour the water in.

Brew Performance
    Brews in an adequate amount of time

I would imagine it should be, have not done that yet.

The part of the coffee maker that you use as a measuring cup is too wide in conjunction to the water reservoir. I use a separate measuring cup.

Would make it easier to pour water into reservoir.

I have only had it for about a month, so far it is performing the way it should.

Great Office Coffee Pot.

from Tom Bean, Texas

Sandy

It has to come apart in several large pieces but does take some time to clean.

Very user friendly.