2.8

2.8

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

good price, not so good product

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Speed Blender:

I purchased this when I caught it on sale. However, the ice crushing ability was very minimal to none!!! I will keep it for blending cocktails and such but I definatly would not recommend for people seeking that strong blender. It comes apart for easy cleaning after each use. It didn't make too much noise compared to other blenders I have tried. Overall I am unsatisfied with my purchase of this product.

Love it

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Speed Blender:

I got this blender as a Christmas present one year so that I could make smoothies. I was so happy that I got this! It's such a great blender, you can adjust the speeds on it which I love and it always blends everything and chops ice up perfectly. It's easy to pour and easy to clean.

• Versatility:

Good little workhorse for simple blending

from Franklin Park, NJ

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Speed Blender:

if you don't want to spend alot on a blender this is a good choice for cocktails and smoothies

Blending Power
while it doesn't seem to work well crushing lots of ice, it does a superb job blending smoothies and cocktails

easy to clean

very simple speed dial design, although more explaination of the dots on the dial would have been helpful.

the blender tumbler does not pop off or go on smoothly as I would have liked and takes practice to get a "feel" for how to fit it on its pedastal

seems to hold up with steady use

This Blender does not live up to the Hamilton reputation

from Bethlehem, PA

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Speed Blender:

I was looking for a blender that was not expensive and was a basic model , easy to use. I bought this blender based on the Hamilton Beach name. I was disappointed in the performance and difficulty encounter when using this appliance.

The first time I used this appliance I had difficulty removing the top and dicounting the pitcher from the base. The whole blender is heavy and awkard to move.

I added the basic ingrediants for a smoothie and again encounter difficulty getting the pitcher back on the base. I turned on the blender and was startled by the noise. I thought it was broken . After 3 minutes passed, very noisy minutes, I again had trouble getting the pitcher off the base. Then I discovered half of the fruit and ice was still in chunks. I tried pulsing and running a top speed and ended up with a smoothie that still had small chunks in the liquid.

To get a smoothis to turn out right you have to chop or crush all the ingredients before adding. Dfeats the purpose of a blender. I have tried other uses for the blender, puree and processing frozen yougurt oe sorbets for smoother texture and again encountered mixed and incomplete results.

Overall I found this blender to be difficult to use and clean, and produced mixed results.

This Blender is awefully awful!

from Olive Branch, MS

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Speed Blender:

I purchased this blender for a small party I was throwing, and it was a terrifying mistake. It absolutely refuses to crush ice for mixed drinks! You can't even make a good milkshake with this; it simply starts spinning in place after a certain point, it's puny motor struggling and failing to do anything more than make noise.

The only solution is to stop it, stir it with a spoon, and realign the blades in a different position. And then if you are truly lucky, you can get another 5 seconds of mixing. I've never known Hamilton Beach to make a quality product, and this stands true to the company's image. You get what you pay for, so I hope you either kept the receipt or remembered to buy garbage bags to get rid of this thing in.

cracked

from Moline, IL

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Speed Blender:

I don't know why this cracked but it did - on the base connecting the glass, it's odd we werent heavy users - I used it like 12 times before it happend, so I don't know what went wrong... It worked well while I had it - I got it as a gift and so I wasn't too dissapointed but the last blender I had lasted 9 years so I was a little shocked hat this broke so quickly - I had also tried to return it when I got it beucase I felt that I didn't really need another blender and when I went back after christmas they had gone down so cheap it wasn't worth it for me to return it!  i guess in the end it WAS worth it to return it because any amount of money would be better than a broken blender!!

Doesn't do the job for me.

from San Leandro, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Speed Blender:

I am not impressed with this blender at all.  This is a perfect example you get what you pay for.  The ice doesn't chop well.  My drink was all full of chunks of ice.  When I contiued to try and blend it, it took so long to break up that my ice finally melted so my drink was no longer thick but like regular milk.  I tried to blend my chiles for a salsa and that didn't even work.  My chile was not completely cut up after trying for over ten minutes  My chiles still had chunks.  This blender is extremely frustrating to work with especially if you are in a hurry.

This blender is not the best for smoothies.

from Pierpont, SD

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Speed Blender:

I purchased this blender on a clearance sale when my old glass blender bit the dust. I like the old one better. I am disappointed with the power of the blades. It really doesn't, I feel, grind the ice like I would like it to, nor the fruits in a smoothie. It left my pineapple in large chunks even after grinding a lot. Large chunks in a smoothie is not very appetizing. Also the pitcher has a very wide lip, making it difficult to control the pouring of thick mixtures, like a smoothie. The concoction ends up outside of the glass-messy. On the other hand, the pieces of the blender blades as well as pitcher are all dishwasher safe. They all come apart, too, which enables the dishwasher to really clean the blades thoroughly. I guess I miss the old glass blenders. My next blender choice will have a glass pitcher that pours a little neater. I guess I don't like this blender for smoothies, which was my main choice in purchasing this blender.