Other Mixers:
62682R
Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case

Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case

Excellent Basic Mixer

The Hamilton Beach 6 speed hand mixer is a great small hand mixer for everyday baking or mixing needs. It works very well for mixing cake batter, pudding, mashed potatoes, meringue, and even home made whipped cream. I would highly recommend it for anyone who has basic mixing needs and wants a reliable mixer that does does cost a lot.

Mixing Performance
This mixer has always worked wonderfully for all my mixing needs. I have even used it to make home made marshmallows which can be challenging for some small hand mixers. It has performed perfectly every time I have used it.

I usually hand wash the mixing blades and then put them into the dish washer for a more thorough cleaning. I do find that I need a scrub brush to remove some of the food from the back side of the mixing blades.

This mixer is very easy to use and quite simple. The only thing that makes it a bit burdensome is the fact that you have to hold the mixer as you mix. For some cooking projects that require mixing until the liquid thickens, it can make my hands get tired. For normal, shorter mixing needs, it is perfect.

The best thing I like about the design is the snap on case. It allows the mixer to be stored in a cabinet and it also keeps the cord neatly tucked away. I can use the mixer, give it a quick clean up and put it away, out of sight. The mixer itself has a basic design which does not require any reading of instructions in order to figure out how to use it.

I have had my mixer for about a year. I have not had any problems with its durability. I use it at least two times a week to make mashed potatoes and desserts.

inexpensive and effective

I got the Hamilton Beach hand mixer last year for christmas and have been using it all year. I enjoy baking so i use it about once a week and it's been working pretty...Read complete review

I got the Hamilton Beach hand mixer last year for christmas and have been using it all year. I enjoy baking so i use it about once a week and it's been working pretty well so far.

It came with a case that was supposed to snap on to the bottom of the mixer to store the beaters and cord but i couldn't get it to stay in place or actually "snap" onto the bottom so i stopped using it pretty quickly.

Other reviews for the product say the cord length is too short but I think it's about a normal size for a mixer cord. It reaches across my entire counter so i haven't run into cord issues so far, but if you had a larger counter you might want to consider a different mixer, or at least an extension cord.

The mixer paddles are metal so they've been holding up very well and haven't chipped or dented in the year that i've been using them.

The only real thing i dislike about this mixer is where they placed the air vents for the motor. Every time i use it to mix something that has instructions to add the dry ingredients to the wet, i have to premix the batter because some of the motor vents are on the bottom of the mixer and blow flour around everywhere. This usually happens when i use a larger bowl and have to place the mixer in the middle. I think if you stick to going around the edges of a bowl it wouldn't be an issue.

There is also a notch for setting the mixer onto the outside rim of a bowl but i'm always afraid the bowl will tip over so i don't use it. All in all this product has held up well and given great results with every use.

Love love love

from San Diego, ca

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

• Bread
    • Cakes & Cookies
    • Candy
    • Mashed potatoes
    • Pies

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case:

I use my mixer for everything! It is so easy to use my children do it! Perfect for any batter, easy to clean, light weight, and hands down the most reliable hand mixer I've ever owned. Not to mention the price is fantastic!

Great Little Mixer!

from Palm Springs, CA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty

• Bread
      • Cakes & Cookies
      • Meringue
      • Pies

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case:

I have had this mixer for several years and it still works perfectly. This was the first mixer I owned and used it for everything. I now have the kitchen aid, but if the job is small, I use this mixer. blends evenly.

Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer With Snap Ontario Case

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case:

I love to cook and bake a least 6 days per week. I was in need of a newcomer hand mixer and came across this particular hand mixer at a local discounted store. I carefully read the product information and was very excited to get it home and try it out.

Starting out this mixer worked wonderfully for all of my baking needs. I made various this such as homemade cakes, cookies, muffins and pies. Every thing I mixed and blended came out perfect. The hand mixer itself is very durable and comfortable to hold. There ave several different settings on the hand mixer that helps aid in my many different cooking and baking adventures.

I was very impressed with this hand mixer until it stopped working on me after owning it for 3 months. I am not sure if I had a defective product of not. I am hoping to come across the same exact hand mixer since I really did like the product.

Overall great product as long as it doesn't burn out after oily a few months.

Good Hand Mixer

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case:

I got this hand mixer for Christmas a couple years ago from my in-laws. I use it about once every two weeks or so mainly for baking. I am about seven months pregnant right now and have been craving sweets non stop so I have been using a little more lately as well. I use it for cake and brownie batters, pancake mixes, and bread and muffin mixes. I normally use it on the slower speeds because they are fast enough to mix everything up and get all the clumps out of the mixture without splattering anything outside of the bowl. I do switch it up briefly to one of the highest speeds when I am done to spin off excess into the bowl before washing the beaters. This particular hand mixer is good for quick jobs and not tiring or heavy in my hand. This is important to me because I am right handed and had an accident with a grease fire in my kitchen three years ago severely burning that hand. The beaters are easy to put in and pop out when done using and are dishwasher safe, another key feature for me. It also came with a snap on case that contains the beaters for you to have everything conveniently in one place which is nice.

All around great invention

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case:

I absolutely love this hand mixer and the snap on case. What an ingenious idea. I love that I have the hand mixer and the mixing attachments/utensils all in one place. I no longer have to dig through a drawer to find the attachments/utensils. This is so convenient because I am not always the one to do the dishes and put them away so most often things get put in the wrong place. With this though, everything is all in one location.

Mixing Performance
      It mixes very well. There are three styles of attachments/utensils to choose from and they all do a great job.

All of the parts and components are very easy to clean. You can run the attachments/utensils through the dishwasher and clean the mixer and case with some soap and water.

The hand mixer is very easy to use. The attachments/utensils attach easily and detach with the push of a button. There are several speed settings which allow you to choose the right speed to mix your ingredients.

The design is great. I love the snap on case.

I have had this mixer for approximately five years and it still works great. I am very pleased with this product.

Excellent Basic Mixer

Hamilton beach 6-speed had mixer with snap on case

from Hawthorne, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case:

This is perfect for small mixing jobs. Easy cleanup and snap on case makes it easy to store and to retrieve when wanted/needed.

Mixing Performance
      Does and excellent job of blending mixture at various speeds. easy to use

Clean right away with warm soap and water. No mess.

simple product with excellent performance

I like the simple design. It is slim and easy for storage.

Product is relatively new to me but I think it is of great quality and will be a long lasting fun product for me.

Great little mixer

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case:

I have had my handheld mixer for a five years and it still works great. I do take very good care of it too so I'm sure that helps.

Mixing Performance
      I think it does a great job mixing. I have never had an issue with it at all. I use it all the time for cookies, buckeyes, and small cake mixes. I even use it on holidays for mashed potatoes to make them more creamier and whipped.

It is so easy to clean. If it gets dirty I just wipe it down and the mixers themselves can go in the dishwasher or wash by hand.

It is easy to use but I think there is a certain art to using a hand mixer. Luckily I had my grammy to show me the proper way to use one or in her words, "my way to use it". As far as turning it on and switching speeds, it is very easy. Just plug in, hit the button, and go.

I do not see anything wrong with the design. When I use mine I never have any issues or notice anything that could be changed.

Mine has lasted for five years and it is still going strong.

Good Little Mixer

from Utah

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case:

We bought this mixer after the motor on our last one gave out. We were a little hesitant because it seemed small and didn't cost too much, so we thought it might be somewhat cheaply made. We decided to try it anyway, and have been pleasantly surprised at how well it has done so far. Even after owning it for a couple years, it has done what we have asked it to, and it seems to be holding up well.

Mixing Performance
      We usually use this mixer for making cakes or for mashing potatoes. For those jobs, it does well. Although we have never tried, I don't think it would do well at kneading bread the way that bigger mixers can.

The blades can go in the dishwasher, and the outside can be wiped off pretty easily if anything has been splattered onto them. The design prevents any hard to reach crevices where splattering can get stuck and be difficult to remove.

The controls of the mixer are easily reached by the thumb when holding the mixer. Although it is small, the motion of the motor does not vibrate the mixer too much, making it easy to control.

It looks cheaply made, but it has held up for the last couple years.

Surprisingly good!

from Voorhees, NJ

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case:

I bought this mixer about five years ago. I was about to make cookies and remembered that my old mixer had died. I picked this one up because it was the cheapest, and figured I'd buy a nicer one in a few months when it died. Surprisingly, I still have it and use it regularly. Definitely a bargain for the price I paid!

The mixer itself seems to be made of somewhat cheap plastic, but has held up well over the years. Wiping it clean can be difficult, especially around the vents. Make sure you get all the food off of it right after you use it or it will be impossible to clean. The cord is a decent length for use in an average kitchen. The mixer handles almost any cookie dough without smoking or overheating. I also use the other attachments, like the whisk, regularly. The snap on attachment holder is a waster, I would get a model without it if it's cheaper that way. The compartment doesn't hold all of the attachments easily and doesn't stay on the mixer. I threw mine away and just store the attachments in my silverware drawer.