3.7

3.7

Hamilton Beach Mixer Really Mixes

from Trumbull, CT

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

I have to say I like this mixer - I make a lot of cookies and mashed potatoes. I have a tendancy to burn out my mixers pretty quick!! So far this one has outlasted all the others. I like the stand it comes with for easy storage of the mixer itself and the beaters. It makes it convenient to have everything in one place. The mixers pop right out when you press the button - they have never stuck. Once in a while the beaters do fall out if I don't place them in correctly. I need to be make sure I hear them click in. I also smell a bit of smoke if I am doing heavy duty work but it quickly goes away and keeps on working - I haven't destroyed it yet and it's going on 3 years which is a record for me and a mixer - most don't last more than 1 to 2 years.

• Mixing Performance:

Hamilton Beach 6 Speed Hand Mixer Model 62660R-Pretty Good Mixer

from Eubank, KY

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

I asked my husband to buy me a more powerful hand mixer after the one I had been using quit working. The Hamilton Beach 6 Speed Hand Mixer Model 62660R is what he bought for me and it is a pretty good mixer for the price. I also like that it comes with extra attachments including a whisk and dough hooks. Since I do bake some, including cookies, cake and candy, I wanted something that would work well with batter. This mixer does a good job. I don't use it for heavy duty cooking because I only bake occasionally.

I like that this mixer has 250 Watts of power, too. It is a little noisy, but so are all mixers. It also blows dry ingredients a little more because of the added Wattage, but it's well worth these cons when compared to other mixers.

Convenient hand mixer and great for the price!

from Madison, WI

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

My fave things about Hamilton Beach small appliances include their price and their cases! I know that sounds crazy, but I hate clutter in my kitchen (including a big mixer taking up my precious counter space!) so I really like these products.

I use this hand mixer at least a few times a week, for such tasks as the following:

1. Mixing up cheesey mashed potatoes (cubed, cooked potatoes + milk + salt + pepper + butter + shredded cheddar cheese + garlic powder + sour cream)

2. Mixing up cake batter (yes, I'm lazy and use the boxed cake mixes)

3. Beating eggs (this only takes a few seconds, but it's easier on my wrists than using a whisk or a fork)

4. Making real whipped cream (this requires the beaters and the bowl to be chilled in the freezer for a while, but it's so worth while if you want to make an impressive trifle or other dessert!)

I've had this item for at least 3 years, and I have not been disappointed!

indispensable

from Beatrice, NE

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

We bought our mixer at a garage sale. It was a wedding gift but they did not need and because you can't pass a good deal like that we took the chance to replace our very old, old mixer. First I was impressed by the pretty powerful engine. The mixer has 6 speeds, but i never used more then 3, most of the times 1 and 2 are enough for what I need. It comes with three types of blades that you can use for different tasks. And because it is so powerful, makes everything easier and faster and that counts a lot when you are abusy mom like me. Most of the times I use it for cheesecake, pancakes, mash potatoes and all types of dips that we prepare at home. But the best use I have for it is for fruit preserve. If you choose a blender for that you end up either with a mushy juice or chunks too big. but with the mixer I can get the exact result I want because everything is chopped without loosing the texture you want in good fruit preserve. If I have something bad to say about it, It is a little bit too heavy. Bottom line, I would recommend it in a heart beat.

Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer is a great tool for your kitchen

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

The purchase of the Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer came after our old mixer lived its last mix. Before we were using my Grandma's hand mixer that she bought when she was first married (they don't make things like that any more today!). Forty years later, it was time to find a new machine. Enter the Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer. What a replacement! I am very impressed with the power and speed this mixer puts out. You can leave it on the first speed level and get the results you are looking for. Our neighbors borrowed it after theirs broke in the middle of baking, and they were so amazed by the power they went out and bought a Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer for themselves. Because it is so powerful though, the batter has a tendency to some times fly over the bowl (which is why you don't need to turn it on very high). Overall I have been very impressed with the machine and I know my Grandma would be too.

Do NOT buy Hamilton Beach 62660R 275 Watts Hand Mixer!!!

from Milton, DE

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

At first glance the Hamilton Beach 62660-R seems like a great buy. It has a dough hook, whisk, two beaters, and keeping case. Mind you, not a carrying case, but a **very difficult to open** case to hold everything in it. There is no way to fit all of the tools back in once you have loosed the plug and cord.

Okay, so you keep the mixer and beaters in your kitchen, not the holding case. Cool. Just don't use the speeds it list in your recipes on the mixer.

The mixer speeds are about two speeds faster than most mixers. There is no way to "beat slowly" as stated in some recipes.

If you have no other mixer to borrow from a friend, and this is the only one you have, then it "beats" (pun intended) nothing at all. Just use a wooden spoon when your recipe says to "beat slowly" or "gradually add while on slow speed." Also, adjust your numbered speed accordingly. L&P : ) in my heart.