Other Mixers:

Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer

Pros

Cons

• Mixing Performance:

Hamilton Beach mixer for lazy people.

Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe Hand Mixer 62695V is for lazy people who dont want to mix with a spoon. I am sure one of those lazy people. I do not care if it says do not use a mixer that it has to be done by hand, I use the mixer anyway and just put it on the lowest setting. I do not want to waste the time and the effort it takes to get something thourghly mixed by hand. I would much rather break out the Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe Hand Mixer 62695V and let it do the work for me. I think it is great for cakes and brownies and helps makes your mashed potatoes really whippy. I do not think that is a word but could not think of any other way to describe it. A regular potato masher just does not do a good job at getting your potatoes nice and mashy besides it is too much work. I like breaking out the mixer and truly getting the potatoes nice and mashed. Just remember not to try licking the beaters while it is running or plugged in just in case.

Hamilton Beach 6 Speed Hand Mixer Does the Job

The Hamilton Beach 62695R 6 Speed Mixer is okay. I have since replaced this mixer with a KitchenAid Stand Mixer which I love, but I admit that when I don't want to take out the bulky mixer, this mixer does the trick. It was inexpensive which was nice and it does the job. I found the mixer's storage container to be a bit annoying to use though. For a hand mixer, you can't beat the low price if you are looking for something that will mix batter. This mixer is not strong enough to mix doughs, and if you were to try, you would notice that it begins to "work hard" and that was as far as I got with the dough mixing on this model. I worried that if I continued I would burn out the motor.--Save those types of jobs for a stand mixer! For a cheap batter mixer, this product is the way to go, but if you are willing to invest in a stand mixer you won't be disappointed.

Powerful little motor inside the mixer

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

I have gone through my share of hand mixers and I was a little worried that this hand mixer would be similar to my old one where it wouldn't be up to the tasks for some recipes as it was so inexpensive, but I shouldn't have been worried at all. It is a great hand mixer, much more powerful than my old one and this product even includes three different sets of beaters with a case that fits right onto the bottom of the hand mixer that holds the cord and the beaters. This is wonderful as I no longer have to be wasting time looking for the beater’s missing pair or go in search for a beater that fits into my hand mixer. At this point I haven’t had any problems with this Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer, its light-weight, portable and powerful enough to do normal mixing tasks like cake batters and even whipping up potatoes. Just be aware that it might have trouble for mixing heavy dough’s as that is the task for the large stand-alone mixers. Overall it’s a wonderful mixer that is priced very affordably so if you are in need of a hand mixer that is packed with a lot of power without having to drag out the full sized mixer; this Hamilton Beach mixer is the one for you.

Great HandMixer!

from Virginia

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

So I grew tired of having to get my large mixer out for everything I needed to mix. I went out and purchased a cheap hand mixer and it broke soon after I bought it. I then did my research and ended up buying a Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer. I was drawn to this particular model because it come with a built on storage container. I'm always looking through my kitchen drawers trying to find attachments and I thought this was a plus for me. Now the quality of mixing is great, I'm able to mix just about anything and there's even a very slow speed for those recipes that call for it. I've never had the beaters jam up on me, and it's never gotten too hot, like some of the other mixers I have had. Cleaning this particular mixer is easy, push a button the beaters come out, rinse, and store them in the attached storage case. For the price I think I made a smart purchase that I will get great use over the years. I know now not to settle for a cheaply made product.

• Mixing Performance:

an easy to use blenderwith one hand

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

We got this blender as a wedding present 37 years ago and it is still working today. We use it for everything, from mashing potatoes to making cakes. It is so simple to use, clean, and put away.

Mixing Performance
the mixing performance is excellent. It does not leave lumps or clumps in the bowl and it is easy to maneuver in the bowl.

Cleaning the unit is extremely easy. There is one button you push that releases the blenders and you put those in the dishwasher. The material the product is made of designed to not have food stick to it so a simple wipe down keeps the unit shiny and looking like new.

This unit is so simple to use. All you do is pop in the blenders, plug it in and you are ready to go.

The design is perfect for one handed use. You can add your ingredients while mixing without leaving a mess.

The unit is extremely durable. As I mentioned we have had this unit for 37 years and it still looks and works like new.

Excellent hand mixer

from NA

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

I purchased the Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer few months back from a nearby supermarket and the price was extremely reasonable for me. This product comes with a snap-on storage case for instant storage which makes it easier for us as the attachments can be kept together and we do not need to keep searching for them. It has convenient mixing features including the quickburst button and bowl rest which makes the mixing process easier. Hamilton always introduces products which are excellent in quality and this product is an example of the same. I have used this hand mixer for all types of mixing like beating eggs, preparing cookies, cakes, butter and so on. It is extremely easy to use and does the mixing work faster. As I have been using this product for quite some while, it takes me few minutes to get the mixing work done.

The product is very light in wait and it has a separate slot for the power cord. The beater eject easily as the speed of this hand mixer is quite fast. I have used this product for months and I am sure that it is a durable product as well.

Handy and long-lasting mixer

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

I have really enjoyed this mixer. It has lasted for several years and is so nice and portable. I love being able to keep it in the cupboard and not having so much to clean for those fast jobs.

Mixing Performance
This mixes very well. The fact that it's portable makes it easy to move it around and not miss any spots like the stand mixers do. Of course there's a better chance of splatters since you are moving them yourself, but just turning it on after it is in the mixture and leaving it there solves that.

Just push the button and the blades pop out and go into the dishwasher. I have not really cleaned in the main part itself, but it wipes down easily and doesn't have any small crevices or anything.

Very ease to figure out and easy to grab out of the cupboard, plug in the blades and go. Honestly it's faster than using my stand mixer which is always sitting on the counter.

It is well designed, no problems here.

I've had mine for several years and have not had any problems!

Great little mixer

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

I love this hand held mixer, it is great for mixing up cake mixes, cookie dough, pudding, anything that needs an electric mixer. I don't have a lot of space in my kitchen so this is perfect since I can easily store it in a cabinet when I'm not needing it. It's powerful and gets the job done.

Mixing Performance
Has plenty of different speeds to meet your needs. I have not had something yet that I couldn't mix with this. I use it mainly for cookie doughs and cake mixes.

Super easy to clean the beaters. The mixes wash off them so easily and I never have issues with food getting stuck.

Very easy to use. Just put the beaters in your bowl and turn on low at first to combine all your ingredients. Then you can turn on to a higher speed to really mix it up.

Nice small design. Perfect for anyone with a small kitchen and limited space. This easily fits in a top cabinet out of the way and takes up very little space.

Has held up exceptionally well over the last few years.

Basic Hand mixer

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

The Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer is a basic mixer that's decent enough for the beginning cook. It comes with the three attachments of the two basic beaters and the whisk type attachment. I have had mine for a few years, but I do not use it for heavier cookie doughs, just for basic smooth batters; its a challenge for it to just do chocolate chip cookies.

Mixing Performance
This hand mixer will mix thin batters with no problem (like cake and pancakes). It will do chunky cookie dough, but its a struggle to get it through the thicker batter. It will work, but just tiring on your hand. I have also made whipped frosting several times, and that comes out nicely. Its just more manual work than a stand mixer.

One great advantage this mixer has is that you can just throw the attachments in the dishwasher. I just wipe off the actual mixer part. But I still have a few crevices that have year old cake batter splashed in, but that will happen with any mixer.

If your batter is thin, this will be great to use. The thicker the batter, the more tired your hand will get. It will slow down a bit, but never has actually died on me.

This beater is pretty basic for the hand held. There

Have used it for a few years, but more of a back up now. I prefer my stand mixer.

Hamilton Beach 6 speed Hand Mixer

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

This mixer had lasted through heavy use.

Mixing Performance
Beating egg whites or mixing banana bread this mixer out performs other hand held mixers.

The beaters are not so small that you need a tooth brush to clean them. i have had no problems with food collecting on the beaters. The exterior body is durable and easy to clean.

This mixer is light weight making it ideal for a large amount of baking or cooking. The beaters are easily attached and detached from the body.

The Hamilton beach fits in your hand with ease. The compact size allows for storage in a kitchen drawer.

Lasted me through extreme baking and cooking .

• Mixing Performance:

Good mixer for a good price

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

This is a pretty good mixer. I purchased this model several years ago, and it worked well for me. It had enough power for me to mix everything I needed to (mostly cakes, cookies, and brownies). If I was trying to mix something really thick then I could hear the motor working hard to keep up, but I never had any problems with it being unable to cope. It comes with a little snap-on case to store the tools, which is a nice feature. Unfortunately, when the mixer is snapped on top of this case it's really top-heavy, so it tips over a lot. It's also a little hard to get the attachments to fit nicely in the case. Still, it's a nice feature to have in order to keep track of where the attachments are when you need them. I liked this mixer enough that, when it got lost in my last move, I replaced it with another of the same model.

Easy - the body just wipes clean, and the attachments can go in dishwasher.

Sometimes the cord gets in the way when I'm trying to mix - it flops into the bowl.

Good Little Mixer for the Price

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

After recently moving just prior to Christmas , I forgot that my stand mixer had been packed up and was now buried in some box in the garage. Well, I had to make Christmas cookies and I did not want to go out and buy another stand mixer and just wanted to get a small hand mixer for cookies that would tide me over until I could locate mine which will be next Christmas I guess. This hand mixer by Hamilton Beach is light weight and easy to hold. It is not hard to use and has 6 speeds. I used it to make cookie dough, pie filling and cakes and it worked well on all but seemed to strain a little bit on the thicker less moist cookie dough. It beats up eggs and sugar quickly and almost as easily as my stand mixer does. The price was very reasonable especially since it was during the holidays when funds are tight. It would be a great gift especially for a beginner cook. It seems to be pretty durable for a hand mixer and it is easy to clean it as well. I like this little hand mixer, I don't suggest it for any heavy duty baking but for everyday foods it works well.