Other Toaster Ovens:

Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Toaster Oven with Broiler

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

My new way to cook due to high gas prices.

I have the family size Hamilton Beach toaster oven.  I have switched from using my conventual oven to using my toaster oven to save on gas ( my conventual oven is a gas oven).  It does cook a little hot at times.  I love the fact that I can cook a piece of toast or a hamburger.  I like that it has different tray levals.  It also is great because it has different temp selections.  I like that the timmer makes the stove turn off so that if I get caught up in something and miss the ding I am not going to burn my house down.  It does have a crumb tray but I haven't taken that out to see how easy it will be to clean.

Hamilton Beach Toaster Oven 31507 Okay for most uses

The Pros:  1) Lightweight;  2) Stylish;  3) 1300 watt (more than usual 1200 watt machines) 4) The six muffin pan from Safeway slides into the rack grooves perfectly; 5) Toast is quite good 6) Crumb tray easy to remove and clean and covers entire bottom of oven; 6) Has two heating elements on top and two on bottom (many have just one on top and one on bottom) which gives even toasting; 7) Has 30 minute timer; 8) Has "Stay On" setting for use with external timer for longer cooking times;  9) Adjustable rack up and down for custom cooking; 10) Very convenient over a regular oven for small jobs;  11)  Preheat works well.  Instructions say preheat by setting time on "Dark Toast" icon.  At the "Toast/Broil" temperature setting, it preheated too 400 degrees. 12) Bottom fairly cool to touch even when baking at 425 degrees-- measuring 110 degrees.  Top is 180 degrees (keep your toast warm). Left side 127 degrees.  Right side and rear 109 degrees.

The Cons:  1)Temperature guage is off by 50 degrees.  2) You have to turn the temperature knob all the way to "Broil/Toast" to get it hot enough to cook muffins at 425 degrees.  3) Instructions say don't put foil on the crumb tray or it will overheat, but it underheats by 50 degrees, even with the foil;  4) Will not heat above 425 degrees even when temperature knob is maxed out;  5) Has "Stay On" setting on timer knob which could cause anxiety if you forget it (like with any regular oven)  6) A little finicky to learn to use but after a few times you'll get the hang of it; 7) No way will it do six slices of bread unless you cut the crusts off.  I can get three slices of those large loafs from Costco in;  8) Takes some getting use to the "Medium" and "Dark" toast settings.. The "Dark" setting burned the toast on the edges and dried it out pretty good.  The "Medium" works well if you get the time exactly centered on the icon; 9) Will not cook pizza at 450 degrees because it won't get hot enough;  10) Not big enough for 12 inch pizza anyway--inside measurements are 10 inches deep and 11 inches wide.  11) Top temperature gets to 180 degrees;  side temperature to 120 degrees

Bottom Line: I would recommend this toaster oven for a one or two person family.  You'll overcome its temperature and timing idiosyncracies within a few days.  It makes good toast, reheats things pretty well (sometimes they get crunchy), and makes muffins, all without heating up your regular oven.  The big advantage for any toaster overn is that it is small so you don't heat up your regular oven to do six muffins or brown your hamburger buns or bagels (I never liked hamburger buns or bagels in a toaster where they are browned on both sides.)

Multi use toaster oven!

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Toaster Oven with Broiler:

I got the Hamilton Beach 6 Slice Toaster Oven with the Broiler, because my over is broken and I needed something to replace it until get it fixed. I really liked the fact that this has a broiler in it.

Even Heating
My food is always cooked thoroughly and evenly when using this toaster oven. As long as I time it right everything always comes out perfect. I like that I can bake in here, as well as cook whatever kind of meat I would like to because of the broiler.

I really like to use it to make steaks, and other cuts of beef. It's quicker and easier to use. I even like to potatoes in here because potatoes can take forever to make but this makes them really fast. I also like to make tuna and chicken salad melts in here, as well as grilled cheeses, and bagel pizzas.

This gets my breakfasts, lunch, dinners, and snacks made in a jiffy.

Safety
This toaster over is safe to use as long as you clean it properly and unplug it when you are not using it. If you use it properly then you will not have any fires or problems with it.

That's the only thing about a toaster oven, you have to remember to clean it. It's easy to clean because it has a removable crumb tray. I just take it out and dump the crumbs in the garbage can. And then I also like to wipe down a bit with a paper towel to make sure there's no left over grease or oil on it.

It works great and I haven't had any problems with it yet.

I like the black and silver design of the toaster, because it's simple/chic, and goes with everything else in my kitchen. The design of the knobs and the settings is more complicated then most toaster ovens, which is fine with me. I still find it easy to use, and because there are more settings you can do more things with it then just a basic plain toaster over.

Pretty nice toaster oven

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Toaster Oven with Broiler:

I am pretty happy with this purchase. It was not too expensive and it does a pretty good job at many things. I am able to toast bread pretty quick and it comes out looking golden brown and crispy. I have also been able to broil and bake many kinds of meats like chicken, beef and pork and the meats come out tasting juicy and delicious.

The toaster oven has a timer which I can set at the my desire time and it also has a auto shutoff I can set just in case I leave the house and I am not able to turn it off myself. The toaster oven comes with a slide out tray, bake pan and a broil grid. Each of these items are easy to take out of the oven and it is easy to wash and clean. It is very easy to use, I just turn it on to my desire temperature and set the time I want it to last for. The oven looks pretty simple but to me that it is not a negative.

Even Heating
Does a great job at even heating.

Safety
Has been safe to use for me.

Pretty simple to clean.

Very durable.

Has a pretty simple design to it.

• Safety:

Great Toaster Oven for the Whole Family!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Toaster Oven with Broiler:

The Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Toaster Oven with Broiler turned out to be the most useful and most often used kitchen appliance with my family. The children are able to use it easily, and there is no immediate danger to them when they use it, just as long as an adult is in the house. It is so simple to fix snacks and quick lunches and dinners with this toaster oven! We make little miniature pizzas on English muffins, and sandwiches are so delicious after you pop them in the toaster oven for a few minutes. Chicken nuggets are also easy to heat up, and clean-up is a snap with this toaster oven. All you have to do is pull out the heating tray, stick it in the dishwasher, and wah-la! All clean!

Even Heating
Food is always thoroughly heated when using this toaster oven.

Safety
I feel peace of mind when the children are using this toaster oven, because it is so small, unlike the regular oven, where they could possibly burn themselves quite badly.

Just pop the tray in the dishwasher, or rinse it off in the sink, and pop it back in the oven for easy clean-up that takes up virtually no time at all.

I have had the same toaster oven for about five years, and have had no problems whatsoever.

The black design matches all the rest of our black kitchen appliances.

Does the Job

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Toaster Oven with Broiler:

We received this toaster oven a couple years ago as a Christmas gift. It is a great size, fits nicely on our counter top, and does a great job of cooking. It is nice for using for potatoes, garlic bread, or smaller entrees. I have never used it for pizza, but if you had a small one, you could probably make it fit. It also does a really nice job with chicken. I use this in the summertime, especially, when I do not feel like using the large oven and want to just make something quick.

The one downside that I have found is that the timer makes a dinging sound the entire time is counting down. You turn the dial to the time you want it to be and as is keeping track it ticks. It reminds me of an old school appliance in that manner.

But overall, it heats and cooks evenly. It is super easy to clean and there is a lot of room inside which is nice. It is easy to move around and stores nicely, too, when you do not want it on your counters.

Hamilton Beach Toaster Oven

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Toaster Oven with Broiler:

Oh, I like this toaster oven. It is cheap and comes in handy for emergencies. When your butane gas goes out, you can bake bread, sweet cinnamon bun, delicious Johnny cakes, soft succulent bake chicken, make juicy meatballs, crispy cookies, toast bread and so many more with this small toaster oven. The first time I got mine, I wasted no time to test out the portable toaster oven. I have fun baking and putting together recipes for my family. This small toaster comes with a slide out tray called oven rack which is used for catching spills and crumbs. The oven has a Temperature Dial which you can turn to the desired amount of heat you want your food to be cooked. It also comes with a Function Dial that you use to select baking or toasting. This depends on what you want to make. It also comes with a Timer Dial. With the Timer, you will have to first turn the Dial to ten for the oven to heat up. After pre-heating the oven, you can then start the process of cooking. Before setting the Timer, you must adjust the Temperature Dial and the Function Dial of the oven and then rotate the Timer Dial to the number you believe it will take for your food to finish baking or toasting. The Timer Dial will then move slowly in a counter -clockwise direction until it pings at zero. That means it is finished. If you noticed that you have selected the timer further than the correct time for cooking the food, you can unplug the toaster oven cord.

This product should be used with caution. Just In case you ever encounter a fire blazing from within the oven, do not run to open the toaster oven door because this could cause serious burns. You must quickly go and unplug the oven cord from the outlet to avoid injuries. After unplugging, wait for it to cool down before opening the oven door. All the information on cautions and how to use the product correctly can be found in the toaster oven manual. Make sure after buying this product, you read the manual carefully and follow every instructions given.

• Safety:

This Hamilton Beach Toaster with Broiler is a double wammy!

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Toaster Oven with Broiler:

The Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Toaster Oven with Broiler has worked out great for my family. My family has recently made healthier eating choices and this Toaster/Broiler is perfect for our new lifestyle. It has made transitioning to baked and broiled only meals and for our carbs we can easily toast some wheat rolls or bagels for breakfast. The Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Toaster Oven with Broiler has been a real asset to our family and our kitchen. I use this Toaster/Broiler 5 days a week. It is perfect for my steaks, the broiler works just like the broiler on the stove but it is quicker and easier than waiting for the stove to warm. This product is instant and it doesn't take very long for things to toast or broil. It's just the right size for my kitchen counter. It is so much better than using a microwave. We have a microwave but rarely use it now. The toaster oven is safer and your food taste so much better. This product is so easy and safe my 8 year old easily uses it to toast her toast for breakfast. She loves helping in the kitchen and this product makes that easy for us. I have thoroughly enjoyed this toaster/broiler. I hope it never quits working because if it does I'm going out and purchasing this exact same toaster. I love it that much!

fast, crispy all around

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Toaster Oven with Broiler:

you really get your moneys worth on this product! whatever you put in whether its meat or some french fries it will make sure its grilled/cooked/toasted all the way through. This product also ensures that your product will be cooked/grilled/toasted in a small amount of time. This product beats a microwave and a grill by far. not to mention the safety of this product is incredible. the heat is contained only inside the toaster and if you touch the outside of the toaster you won't get burnt like in other toasters.

Cooks fast

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Toaster Oven with Broiler:

I'm just barely happy with this toaster oven. I'm one of those people that use a toaster oven daily, sometimes even twice a day. I hate turning on the big oven if I just want to reheat pizza or cook biscuits. with this oven though I have to be very careful that I set everything correctly for tempetature and time. I've walked away and not had something anywhere close to done, came back when timer went off two minutes later and those items were burned. It will cook fast and hot. I turn it down lower then what I have with my other toaster ovens but it still cooks things really quickly. That's good though in some ways. Like reheating up a homemade hot pocket for my toddlers lunch.
It's not so easy to clean though. Besides using my oven every day, I usually clean it after each use. This thing does not clean well at all. In fact as i'm writing this review it's making me want to go out and purchase a different toaster oven that will clean so much better and cook more evenly instead of burning my stuff. I've even tried using magic erasers on this toaster and those don't even get it clean. I hate dirty looking things sitting on my kitchen counters. It makes me want to hide this toaster, if I didn't use it so often it would be hidden.
For now it will do though.

• Safety:

Definitely not the best toaster oven out there but some perks

from Glen Allen, VA

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Toaster Oven with Broiler:

We are a "toaster oven family." We use our toaster oven almost as often as our microwave, some the obvious toasting, to baking, it gets used nearly daily. When it was time to replace our last work horse, we chose this model because of it's capacity. We felt that the larger size would save on heating up the big oven for some smaller side dishes. We've had it for about a month so far. While the timer is loud, you get used to it like everything else and it's really nice to have a built-in timer aside from our oven timer. This oven is not "intuitive"; it definitely takes some getting used to. Technically, you've got to set three different dials and move the rack just to toast a slice of bread. And you've got to be sure to put that slice of bread in the center of the rack for even toasting. The easy-to-remove crumb tray is a nice convenience.

Even Heating
You have to be very precise when "throwing" in your slice of bread or Pop-Tarts.

Safety
Love the built in timer!

Removable crumb tray is going to be a huge bonus.

Jury's still out; only had it a month.

A little complicated. Just to toast, have to set temperature to toast, move the rack, change setting to toast, and set timer.

Basic, No-Frills

from Saint Clair Shores, MI

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Toaster Oven with Broiler:

I like this toaster oven. When I was shopping for one, I didn't need one that played music, brewed coffee, or tied my shoes for me. I just wanted a basic toaster oven that toasted bread and baked things. It does that just fine, so I am a happy camper. Just gave it a '4' because it actually fits 4 slices of toast, not 6. Unless you buy really tiny bread slices. Then you could probably fit 6 slices.

Even Heating
Seems to run a bit hot, so you have to watch your setting and how long you have it in for, but I rather have it run hot that take forever to cook.

Safety
Sides are cool. Top is hot. Don't touch the top.

Piece of cake. Was the tray and wipe down the bottom.

Had it for a couple of months. It broke right after the coffee pot, so I think it was a conspiracy, but it seems to be behaving itself and is working just fine.

Looks cool. Very cool. Actually matches my other appliances.