3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Assembly:

it chops, dices, purees and grinds. What more could you want?

I had searched for an inexpensive food processor for occasional use while preparing foods for canning before finally settling on the Hamilton Beach 6 cup food processor.  I can't believe that I waited this long to buy one!  This food processor has been a huge timesaver in food preparation and is definately not the clunky kitchen appliance I had assumed it to be.  The 6 cup bowl is nice and wide, making pouring food into it easier.  The blades are interchangeable depending on how fine you want to chop things.  I like the safety features, how in order to turn the machine on the bowl and lid must both the locked into place, thus assuring no missing fingers.  There is a pulse option as well in order to allow for shorter bursts of speed.  There is a measuring cup that is removable in order to add additional ingredients while the food processor is on as well.  So far I have used this little guy to mince cilantro and basil (which worked beautifully and saved a ton of time), chop apples, puree hot peaches and dice tomatoes.  I have been impressed with the performance for all of these, especially pureeing without liquifying.  The clean up is relatively easy- I have had some food get stuck in the underside of the removable blade piece, but no major problems.  For the price this is one kitchen appliance that you will reach for again and again without fail.

You get what you pay for

I purchased this food processor a few years back and after only using it a few times I was too frustrated with it to want to use it again. I have tried it for many different uses like salsa, soup, dough, general puréed foods and I seemed disappointed everytime I tried. My salsa the tomatoes ended up tangled on the blade, my soups were semi chunky and just general puréed food was not smooth at all. Maybe I overloaded it or maybe I didn't read the directions properly but I was not a fan. It cleaned up nice but I noticed the dishwasher turned the bowl ad top purple. It still works fine, it's just discolored. The motor is pretty loud. For all the noise it makes, it doesn't do a great job. It gets the job done but I think it's worth paying alittle more and getting a better product. I would maybe recommend this product to someone it just depends on what they were to use it for.

You get what you pay for

from Grand Rapids, MI

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy To Use

Cons

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Cup Food Processeor:

One of the better hamilton beach products I have used

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Cup Food Processeor:

I noticed that it is not as durable as other brands but you get what you pay for. It took me a while to finally figure out why it wasn't working after I plugged it in. Found out the knob on the top was jammed and used a knife to loosen in. I don't recommend this as a way to solve it. Might have been safer to use a flat head screw driver.

Power
      I was really impressed how fast it was able to get the job done. My blender broke so I used it to make smoothies. It was done in 30 seconds.

Safety
      The blade doesn't have a lock on it but it didn't seem like it was going anywhere.

Ease of Assembly
      You just lock a few things into place and you are good to go. I just wish there was a way to lock the blade in somehow.

It is easy to clean. I rinse it in hot water and everything comes right off. No scrubbing involved. You just have to wipe it down. I always clean it when I am done using it so I don't have to deal with anything sticking to it.

I noticed that the knob and button doesn't work that well and I haven't had it that long. The knob sticks sometimes and my pulse button no longer works on it.

Great for the price

from Cornwall ny 12518

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Cup Food Processeor:

This foodprocessor has beena wonderful addition to my kitchen. I use it for chopping as well as mixing different products to prep for cooking. I love the safety feature that unless it is put together properly it will not operate. I use it to grate vegetables as well and it does a nice job. Not ultra powerful but certainly enough for the recipes I have tried. The size is convenent for small kitchens and there are many things I plan on useing it for. Makes that chopping and diceing so much quicker and alot less of a chore.

Power
      Enough power for the useage I require for my style of cooking. Certainly not as powerful as some other models but for the price it is a great buy.

Compact and Versatile

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Cup Food Processeor:

We use this several times a week. Good for our small family. We make a lot of items from scratch, including purees and mayonnaise, and this works great! I find if I use a silicone spatula to clean it out, it makes cleaning it so much easier.

Things I like to use this for: frozen banana “ice cream,” making mayo, chopping nuts, pretzels, and herbs, pureeing carrots, pumpkin, and cooked apples, shredding cheese, carrots, and cabbage, and slicing potatoes, carrots, cucumbers.

It’s truly such a versatile tool. It saves me time, but also much trouble. I’d be much less happier in the kitchen if I didn’t have it.

Basic with a few flaws.

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Cup Food Processeor:

I use my Food Processor not even monthly so I was not wanting to make a large financial investment. Here are the problems, though, with this model:

It is so large. I managed to find a space to store this but I have a large kitchen with lots of cabinet space. Even so, most would find the size too large.

The motor is cheap and doesn't do well for long processing. I had to make some powdered sugar and so my machine ran for the longest time. The motor sounded awful after just a few minutes and started producing a strong burning smell. I had to turn the machine off before the job was done.

It also splatters as the top to the bowl is not waterproof. I have had problems with powders or liquids coming through the lid, even when it's secured properly.

Weak motor.

Safety
      Lid locks before it works.

Ease of Assembly
      Puts together in two clicks.

Easy to wash/dishwasher safe.

I doubt this will last much longer.

Good Value

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Cup Food Processeor:

I received this food processor as a gift. I can appreciate how it works with larger quantities of food. This was not the most successful tool when I was making my own baby food, it just didn't do quite as good of a job as the bullet.

Power
      Good power, but very noisy.

Safety
      The machine will not turn on until the cover is securely in place, which is a great features with kids in the house.

Ease of Assembly
      Once you get used to the design, it is easy.

The bowl and all the attachments are dishwasher safe, which is great! There are some crevices that are difficult to clean on the machine, but I am just careful to not get food outside the bowl.

I have not had issues with the plastic breaking down due to the dishwasher. The motor is still strong.

• Ease of Assembly:

Good food processor for a low price point

from Otto, NC

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Cup Food Processeor:

I'll start by saying that I am not a chef or even someone who cooks very often. I went looking for a food processor to make some quick homemade frozen yogurt out of frozen berries and yogurt. This machine did the trick. It had no problem with the frozen solid berries and blended everything well. I have used to to chop nuts and a few other things and it has handled everything well.

Power
      For the small items and volumes I have used it performed well.

Safety
      As with any bladed item the safety is primarily with the user's common sense, but it has all the guards and instructions that make it hard to have an accident.

Ease of Assembly
      It has a simple twist lock and you are good to go.

• Ease of Assembly:

Works great and good price!

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Cup Food Processeor:

This machine performs pretty well and clean up wasn't really too bad. I was making a French Pâté chicken recipe that called for a processor and picked this one up. It was very easy to use and I have no complaints with the machine. A very minor issue I had with the machine was regarding placing it back into the box. It didn't quite fit right and I was going to use the box to store it in the garage after us. Be sure to have a nice large space for it if you plan to have it out in the open.

Pros: Easy to use, easy to clean
      Cons: Somewhat large so may be harder to store

Power
      Power felt fine and it mixed up my ingredients quite well.

Safety
      Fairly safe. I never felt endangered while operating this machine.

Ease of Assembly
      Easy to put together. I had no issues getting started.

I washed everything up before and after my session; it wasn't hard at all.

Durability wise everything still works. It doesn't look too solid just because everything is plastic but I have not had any issues.

Awesome processor

from Aberdeen, SD

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Cup Food Processeor:

I never really thought I would need a food processor.  I have used mini-choppers in the past and thought it was just a bigger version and most of the choppers sucked anyway.  I purchased this item because I found it on clearance at a department store, and it was even less because it was the last one, which happened to be the display.  It was a great deal, and I couldn't resist.  I have used it for many things now, including baby food, grating vegetables, and making dough.  It is so easy to use!  It is plenty big so I don't have to empty it to finish a job.  The blade is also nice and sharp and purees perfectly.  The only thing I was slightly disappointed with is when using the slicing/grating blade, there is enough of a space that some of the food gets caught and doesn't get cut.  The blade is very sharp so that isn't the problem, it is just the space.  Overall it was a great purchase and I love this processor!

it chops, dices, purees and grinds. What more could you want?

from Toccoa, GA