Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:
Hamilton Beach
33140V
Hamilton Beach 4-quart Slow Cooker

Hamilton Beach 4-quart Slow Cooker

Needed a cheap slow cooker and......

from Kingsford, MI

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4-quart Slow Cooker:

It's good, you can tell it's not the most well made slow cooker however it does the job. I'm not a top chef and all I use it for mainly is porketta... and it works, makes the porketta tender and I will get my use of it. I'm sure it would work great for other things too however you don't have a ton of settings and it's not the biggest so if you are cooking a lot you might want to think of getting something bigger.

Time to Heat
When using a slow cooker I tend to let it sit for a long time so it heats up enough for me... does it do it fast???? I don't know but it works!

Cooking Performance
Tender and juicy porketta... need I say more? The one thing I will say though is it doesn't have a ton of settings, this might make a difference depending on what you are cooking with it.

Nothing more or less than other slow cookers I have owned, wish it cleaned itself lol

How much easier can it be... I put my porketta in, some water and turn it up!

A slow cooker... not much you can do with one of this price range.

It's a cheap slow cooker but.... it does the job!

• Time to Heat:
  • Cooking Performance:

Hamilton Beach 4 qt slow cooker nice, but one flaw.

from Somerton, AZ

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4-quart Slow Cooker:

This Hamilton Beach four quart slow cooker does a great job of cooking to perfection. The size is good for a family of 3 or 4 for dinner, in my opinion, or for someone who wants to make enough for one or two people, to last for a couple of days.

The settings are nice and it cooks with ease. However, there is one particular design flaw that is bothersome. The lid doesn't seem to seal properly and therefore heat leaks out from the edges of the lid, all the way around. There are two problems with this. One, the heat is going into the room, and in the summer, that is a problem as it heats up the area. Two, wasted energy that could be going towards the cooking of the food.  I am not sure if it is my unit in particular, but it has been this way since the first time I used my slow cooker. Perhaps a better seal could prevent this problem.

But other than the flaw, the unit has performed very well. I would recommend it, as it is a very handy kitchen tool.

prepare it and forget it

from Portland, ME

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4-quart Slow Cooker:

The foods  that I have eat melts in your mouth tender meat and cooked vegies are the best in a beef stew or a chicken soup. being able to cook in this was way to simple and easy to clean I need the extra time away from the stove to clean and pick up after my cat and my husband.

I love this Hamilton Beach slow cooker it is a spacesaver.

from Elyria, OH

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4-quart Slow Cooker:

I want to tell you how much I love my Hamilton Beach/Proctor Silex slow cooker.  This 3 quart appliance has three settings with the most useful being the keep warm mode.  We have alot of family get togethers and in any weather this keep warm mode assures me that the yummy contribution I brought, will not only be tasty and look presentable, but it is safe from the possibility of food poisoning from improper temperature until eaten.

The shape of the slow cooker is an added plus as it is oval instead of round; which allows it to save space on the kitchen counter as well as at a party as it can be turned sidways to allow for multiple dishes to be displayed on the table.  The decoration of the cooker is very attractive too and would seem to go with about any kitchen decor.

The low and high modes on this appliance are very accurate as far as proper cooking timing.  I can set the cook mode and be assured that when I have the meal time planned it will be ready.

My husband bought this slow cooker.  I was a little peeved when he brought is home as I already had another slow cooker.  It is a big round one that we got for our wedding and I felt has been sufficient to serve our family the last 20 years.  I must say that I have changed my mind and that other cooker has not been out of the cabinet since.