Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker: Great For Tailgating

Over the years I have had several different slow cookers and crock pots. The Hamilton Beach versions are a little more stable if you need to transport them to a party because of the oval design. To keep the lid in place the slow cooker comes with a heavy duty rubber cord that is used to keep the lid and the inside of the slow cooker together while in transit. The stainless steel design allows it to work with any type of kitchen décor and because it is a sectional item you can remove the inner pot to clean. Whether you are using this to actually cook food in or you are using it to keep food warm, this delivers consistent temperatures. It is easy to use too; there are only a few settings on the knob. For some people only having the choice of 'low' and 'high' might not be enough but for tailgating it's perfect for keeping kielbasa and sauerkraut at a safe temperature. I have used this for making loose meat sandwiches (Sloppy Joe's), ham barbeque, scalloped potatoes, stew and other foods. About the only negative thing that i have to say about it is that the cord is short; that's a safety feature so that it doesn't get caught on things but when you are dealing with a limited number of outlets it can be tricky to get this plugged in someplace safe.

Easy to clean

The Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker 33141 is a nice slow cooker.  The one I have is 4 quart and oval shaped.  It is pretty big.  It comes with a recipe book which is good for me because my knowledge of food that can be cooked in a slow cooker is limited.  It comes with a glass lid which is dishwasher safe.  The black stoneware can be removed from the slow cooker and is also dishwasher safe.  This is a great feature because it makes it easy to clean and you do not have to worry about getting the electric part of the slow cooker wet and damaging it.  The black stoneware can also be used in the microwave, the oven, and the refrigerator.  The Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker 33141 has three settings which are high, low, and keep warm.  These settings are located on the front of the slow cooker and can be set by using an easy to turn dial.  The off setting is also located on the front.  I have not had this slow cooker for to long but I have not had any problems with it and the food I cook in it comes out great!

Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker: Great For Tailgating

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy to Operate
  • Variety of Uses

Cons

• Only 2 heat settings

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

Best Christmas present this year!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

Having lived with the old "pop can" shaped crock pot for many years, I wanted to move to an oval shape so it would be easier to cook roasts/hams - things that are longer vs. tall. But, it is just me and my husband - so I didn't want a giant cooker. My mother found this one for me and I can't stop using it! Corned beef, chicken and dumplings, a ham, etc. and it performs excellent. I love that the crock comes out for cleaning. I do wish the lid fit a bit tighter, as there always seem to be gaps hence the 9 rating. But it seems to cook fine!

The lid slides back and forth, and there are small gaps where the steam can escape. I was concerned the first time I used it, but once the steam condensed inside and ran down the inside of the lid, it seemed to fill the gaps between lid and crock.

I find the black crock attractive, and it is removable for easy cleaning. But, the black does seem to be harder to keep clean - maybe because you can see any little spot or water mark?

• Cooking Performance:

Excellant performance, quality, and budget friendly!

from Kentland, IN

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

I received this as a Christmas gift from my mother-in-law. I am going to purchase another one, since I have family parties quite a bit. I can't believe the price for the quality. I have used it about 6 times now and all the recipes I made came out great. (except one, my fault) No boiling over or burning even on the sides of the pot.

Time to Heat
    I put a half sick of butter in the pot. Plugged it in (high) and went to get the rest of the ingredients I needed. (5 min). The butter was almost melted, which never happened in my other pots that I had. I liked that the heat was consistent.

Cooking Performance
    It cooked correctly and right on time. You can put the crock in the microwave and oven also. (nice perk) Be sure to have at least 1/2 liquid when you are going to be gone for quite a while (at work) or else the food may be burnt or overcooked. I learned the hard way, a wasted meal.

The removable pot was very easy to clean. You have to be careful when cleaning the lid to get out the remains on the inside rim and the lids needs to be cool so it won't crack. The outer part had no problem. I just wiped it down right after I used it.

No problems. I always make sure I read instructions prior to using since different brands may not work the same, such as heat difference.

I have always preferred the oval crockpot. I like the stainless steel look as it matches all my appliances. The look is clean and simple.

It is hard for me to answer this question, since I only had it since Christmas. (3 weeks)

• Cooking Performance:

Good addition to the crock-pot collection

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

I am the very proud owner of 12 different crock-pots. This crock-pot is my go to for cheese dip and is the perfect size for it. I often get teased about my extensive crock-pot collection; however, they are so versatile and useful for so many different things. This crock pot is a basic one with removable crock for cleaning and a sturdy lid, ours has been dropped several times without injury.

Time to Heat
    This Crock-pot heats well, quickly and evenly.

Cooking Performance
    This Crock-pot has proven to be an excellent performer in everything that I have attempted to cook.

The removable crock makes this easy to clean. The cooking part of the crock is easily wiped down as well.

This crock-pot like most is very easy to use simply add ingredients and set the dial to medium or high.

I like this design the only thing that could make it better would be if it had the locking lid feature that some others have.

This crock-pot has held up well to a great deal of use.

• Cooking Performance:

Great Product at a Great Price!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

As a parent to 3 little children, this product is a lifesaver. I use it multiple times a week, and I am always pleased with the results! We use it mainly to cook chicken and soups, but the options are endless! I also find the size of this slow cooker to be perfect for a family of five. It is large enough to fit all of our food, but it's not so big that all of the food gets dried out.

Time to Heat
    All meals cook in adequate amount of time. It seems that the unit gets hots in only a few short minutes.

Cooking Performance
    The food is always perfect, and I love that I can make a hot dinner in the morning!

The cleaning is relatively easy, but I have found that the pot becomes slightly harder to clean with extended use. I would also recommend wiping down the housing unit after each use.

Super easy to use... just add ingredients, and select the proper temperature - warm, low, or high!

There is nothing I would like to change.

I have had this product for over a year, and I have no complaints. My slow cooker is still going strong!

• Cooking Performance:

Quick and Easy, makes great food!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

This product does what it says and its very dependable. I have used it many times and am able to cook a variety of foods for my family. It is easy, quick clean up and easy to use. The buttons and temperature settings are a good fit for this and are true to cooking times. I have not had any issues with time to heat or durability, it has lasted and has not scorched on the bottom. The food is ready to go at reasonable times depending on the setting and what I am cooking. I have been able to use this for many soups, beef stews, and noodles/beef. I have not had any issues with the heating and it warms evenly and cooks at a steady temperature which is good since you don't want overcooked food. I really like this slow cooker and it has held up over time and have not any concerns with it. I like the functionality and the ease of use with this slowcooker. I have also given these as gifts and they are made to be used again and again. Definitely a must have in the kitchen and able to make many meals with this! Would definitely recommend.!

• Cooking Performance:

Every busy bee needs this slow cooker!

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

I am a slow cooker worshipper now! It is the best feeling not to worry about what I'm going to eat or being too tired to cook something after a long day at work. Not only can I make dinner during breakfast but now I can make enough for the week and save money at the grocery store!

Time to Heat
    It took a little bit to get it down correctly, but this works like a charm. One of those great inventions where you can really 'set it and forget it'.

Cooking Performance
    Considering what a bargain this slow cooker is, I can't even believe how wonderfully this makes food! I use it for everything now, and I tell everyone how much easier your life is with this machine!

Super duper easy. No dishwasher for it though! Do it right by cleaning it by hand please!

Really for the time strapped. Pretty much requires no thinking, just throw stuff in it and set it til you're ready to eat!

Not the prettiest or sleekest slow cooker I've come across, but I didn't buy it for the design, I bought it for the performance, and it's a great cooker!

Pretty good for the price.

• Cooking Performance:

This is a good, basic crockpot

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

This is my first slow cooker so I don't have much basis for comparison but it's durable and really easy to clean.I have to say that stuff I make in the crockpot often seems to need a lot of seasoning or, in the case of a stew or soup, isn't thick enough. I don't know if this is something I'm doing like taking the lid off too many times, or if maybe I should be using a smaller crockpot. Meat or chicken does come out really tender, though. It's also great for rice, baked apples and even cornbread.I It would be nice to have more settings but this does the job for a reasonable price.

• Cooking Performance:

Great, sturdy slow cooker. Can't go wrong with this one!

from ND

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

The price and the construction of this slow cooker are unbeatable. The interior dish where you cook the food is made of super heavy duty porcelain and weighs a ton. It's easy to clean after you cooked something in there. It's not non-stick, but the surface is very easy to clean. I also store my cooked food in the dish with the lid so I can reheat it the next day for dinner. My dad also suggested to me that I prepare all the raw ingredients the night before and put the dish in the fridge with the lid. Then, the next morning, put it on low in the slow cooker and when you get home it will be ready. I haven't tried that; I usually just throw my ingredients together in the morning and it's ready in the evening. I have also cooked pumpkin bread pudding in here and it turned out delicious! I have had this slow cooker for five years now and it has lasted this long and looks like new--no scratches or wear-and-tear marks at all. For the price, this is the best, simplest slow cooker you could buy.

Be Careful of the Knob While Heating

Comments about Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

Generally, the type of heating method and placement of heat coils separates slow cookers into two categories. This Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker 33141 is heated by coils around the sides, instead of by the base which slow cookers generally use, which turn on and off at variable times. I really love this type of constant heat slow cooker that is heated by the sides instead of at the base because I don't need to add as much liquid. I actually put in less liquid or stock than what a recipe calls for because I find this slow cooker really doesn't need so much liquid. The size is pretty good for roasts around 3 pounds.

This slow cooker is great for singles, a couple, or even a family. The only problem is with the knob, which probably comes from the close proximity of the heating coils as they are at the sides instead of the base. I would recommend handling with care.