Other Blenders:

Hamilton Beach 2-Speed Hand Blender

Pros

Cons

A must-have kitchen gadget

When our 20+year old hand blender (inherited from my husband's grandparents) died, we went searching for a new one.  I wanted a hand blender that would fit in a variety of containers, and mix everything from protein shakes to gravy, to whipped cream, and even thick milkshakes.  Cost was also an important consideration, but I didn't want something that would break down anytime soon.  I also wanted easy to clean, and convenient to store.  We chose this model because it fit all of our requirements.  It has a nice case that fits the blender as well as all the attachments, making it easy to store and access.  There are three attachments; a blade, a whisk, and a milkshake attachment.  We've used all of them, and have had no problems at all.  I especially love that the attachments come off for cleaning.

Would be a great product if it lasted...

Rating this product as a "3" because I was a repeat customer and the second worked worse than the first. If I purchase a product like this again in the future, it will definitely be a different brand.

Blending Power
Blending power initially was very good. I used mine mostly for blending protein powder and liquid. Mixed well, no lumps. As this product is used over time though, the blending power isn't the same as when item was new.

Versatility
Somewhat versatile, I'd be careful what to mix with this because the motor seems to burn out very easily. I've used it to mix a variety of dips, it worked well with most. Works great mixing puddings and frostings. Little, easy mixing jobs seems to be what it handles best.

SO easy to clean and doesn't take up alot of counter space (or room in the cupboard) which I love. Much easier to clean than the blender!!

I don't think blending gets easier than this. Just stick this all the way to the bottom of glass, cup or bowl and hit the power button. (If it isn't all the way to the bottom, liquid may splatter all over making quite the mess depending on your project but once you get used to using this, it's so easy to use!)

The design is very good. Easy to hold on to product, easy to use, doesn't make much noise. Very easy to store without taking up alot of space. Very easy to clean.

My first one was used 5-6 times a week for mixing protein drinks and about 3-4 times a month mixing dips, puddings, etc. It lasted about a year before the motor started smelling like it was burning and then died. Because I had loved the item and the price was nice...I bought a second. It lasted less than six months before it too had the burning smell and died. If I had been using it to mix "heavy" ingredients or hadn't washed it correctly, I could see a reason for this but I hadn't so I chalked it up to "you get what you pay for" and will be going for a model with better quality in the future.

I would like this product

from Caracas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean

Cons

• Complicated Controls

• Cooking

This product is good

Handy little gadget.

Profile Image

from Florida

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Speed Hand Blender:

Its like strapping a motor to your whisk, actually that is exactly what its like. I love this handheld mixer. It's perfect for soups, sauces and I've used it with cakes and stuff.

I love how weightless it is. I was afraid it was going to be clunky when I bought it but was surprised how light it actually is.

I am also surprised and how sturdy it is being that it is so light. It has withstood to a year of whisking, beating and mixing and is still going strong.

The only inrpovment I would of made on it is including more attachments for it, that would allow you to do even more with it .

Blending Power
Surprisingly strong blending power for such a little mixer.

Versatility
It's pretty versatile. I've used it for sauces and mashed potatoes and cake batter as well as cookies.

Super easy to clean .

One of the easiest gadgets I have ever used .

Simple sleek and modern design. Nothing too flashy.

It's been dropped, banged and used a ton and is still just as durable as the day I bought it.

Really nice!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Speed Hand Blender:

I have many blenders but, they are all large and bulky so they take up a lot of counter or storage space so this is really nice it will just fit in a nice small space. I really like the blade housing, The blade sits low so you can blend a small amount so if you're making a small batch or just a meal for one person it's really nice. I figured I would have to have a good amount for it to work. Another plus to this is the openings around the housing of the blade less food gets stuck to it which is great for making sure everything gets mixed well, but, also good for cleaning. I also like that it works really well for when you want to whip up smoothie or milkshakes really quickly! I like that the bottom can be removed for cleaning that makes it super simple to do and the blade is very sharp which makes it extremely efficient! It is a very powerful tool and works just as well as a full sized blender!

Blending Power
This hand blender is a very efficient blender, it has lots of power and works just as well as a full sized blender!

Versatility
Very versatile, it can be used for many different things!

Very simple to clean, the only downside is that it can't be used in a dishwasher, but, that's no big deal.

Very simple to use and self explanatory!

I love the simple sleek design it has!

Very durable, it works extremely well!

• Versatility:

Not to bad for a handheld

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Speed Hand Blender:

This is a very good handheld mixer but it can only be used as a mixer. This is way to small and does not have enough power for it to chop ice and nuts but for mixing eggs and pancake batter and even cake mixes this is a fantastic little machine. Granted for the price you can get things that are cheaper that do the same type of work however none of those options are easier.

Blending Power
Blending power is adequate however I would not use it to chop hard things like nuts or ice.

Versatility
I love the fact that it is a mobile blender and I can insert it into any container. It is a one trick pony though because I would not trust it to chop ice but to blend eggs and cake batter it works very well.

Very simple to take apart and clean.

It is light weight and can be used with a single push of a button. I would say it is very easy to use.

Small lightweight and sleek the design is perfect for a handheld mixer.

It holds up well as long as you don't try and chop things with it.

• Versatility:

The best tool for making milkshakes!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Speed Hand Blender:

This handy little tool is the best thing I have ever owned for making milkshakes. It blends up the ice cream and milk together in no time at all. Also, my daughter loves it! She is little, but this product is easy enough to use that I can work with her to make those beloved shakes. It is incredibly easy to clean, fits into the drawer nicely, so I do not have to worry about it taking up a lot of space, and last but not least, it is very durable. I have dropped it many times and it still works. Also, I have had it for quite some time, and it still works just like it did on the day I purchased it. The best thing about this hand blender? The price is so affordable. I was really surprised at how well it worked despite it being on the cheaper side. I purchased mine at Walmart. I would recommend this product if you are looking for something it is less awkward to store than a regular blender, but also is fun to use!

Handy gadget

from Knob Noster, MO

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Speed Hand Blender:

Does not take up much space and handy for small jobs that you dread using a regular bender.

Blending Power
Works great for intended use but do not expect it to do the work of a full size blender.

SInce it is submersible I just dip it into a glass of clean water with a drop of dish liquid run it for a few seconds, repeat in a glass of rinse water, followed by running it dry for a few seconds and you are done. It does not get easier than that :)

Great Hand Blender

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Speed Hand Blender:

I bought this hand blender a few years ago when I started making milkshakes. My grandparents always had one and I loved using it to make malts and milkshakes at their house growing up. It is easy to use and powerful enough to blend ice cream, milk, malted milk, and other ingredients. I would not recommend this for chopping or anything hard. I tried once to make a margarita and after putting the ice cubes, juice, and liquor into a cup I could not get it to chop the ice. It is easy to use just plug in and go. Cleaning is very simple, just unplug and run under warm water. It is small enough to easily store in a drawer or cupboard. It is not too loud when running. My only complaint would be that the blades seem to dull easily if you use it to chop anything at all. It is more of a hand blender for strictly mixing soft foods. All in all I would say this is a great little hand blender for making shakes and malts.

Inexpensive and Versatile

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Speed Hand Blender:

I actually bought two of these. The first I bought specifically for making homemade soap. It worked great with the blender attachment. After using it a couple times for that purpose I bought the second one for using in my kitchen. I use the blender attachment when making homemade tomato sauce and love that I can stick it into my hot pot of cooked tomatoes and blend them into sauce. Works great on mashed potatoes too.

Blending Power
While not the strongest in the kitchen for small jobs it works great. I like that I can pull this out for small jobs and not have to dirty the big blender or mixer.

Versatility
There are so many things you can do with this little blender. Making soap, blending baby foods and milkshakes, really any light mixing or blending. I love that I can blend hot liquids right in the pot and I am not transferring hot food and liquids to a separate blender.

It can be difficult to clean depending on what you are using it for. Soaking it in warm water is a huge help.

Super easy. Just snap on the chosen attachment and go.

For light jobs this is a great design. Light weight, inexpensive, easy to grip, easy snap on attachments that remove easily for cleaning.

I think it would be easy to overwork this small motor. As long as you keep your jobs light and don't overheat the motor it is fine. The trick is finding the right size tool for the job! When I make soap which is thick I run it for a couple minutes then turn it off for a couple in order to not overwork the motor. It has lasted that way for several years now.

very versatile

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Speed Hand Blender:

It is a very versatile product I love using it for. Eggs. Desserts. Drinks not so great. With lots of ice or doughy stuff otherwise great

Blending Power
Not great for dough but no one thing can do it all

Awesome one hand use even when I'm in pain

Has been in use for over a year no problems yet and I'm hard on machines

works well, cheap materials

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Speed Hand Blender:

It works well to blend, but the plastic guard cracks easily. They need far better materials if they want to use plastic. To their credit, they did replace the blade one time, but I used great care not to put in dishwasher, but it still cracked again and they would not replace again.

Blending Power
It blends the soups well, which is how I use it most. Does not blend as well as my Vitamix of course.

Versatility
great for drinks as well as pots of soup and soup bases.

Not supposed to put the blender blade portion into the dishwasher. This is a bother when you have a lot of clean-up. Plus when the blade cover is cracked, it is impossible to clean on the inside.

Lightweight and plenty of cord length.

I like the weight of it, again the plastic parts need to be a more durable product.

The machinery is durable and has lasted a long time, mixes as well today as the day I got it.