Other Toasters:

Cons

I wouldn't buy it again

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Toaster:

This inexpensive little toaster will be ok temporarily,but we are going to replace it soon. It works pretty good but it has one major flaw,the cord is in the front instead of the back and the cord just doesn't hang right. We have to move the coffeemaker over kind of far from it so the cord doesn't get in the way. Very inconvenient for me! The price was perfect for a family on a budget and the design is nice,it does look good on the kitchen counter.

Toasting Evenness
It makes very evenly browned toast,although you do need you adjust it a little until you find the right setting for you taste in darkness or lightness.

Safety
So fa the safety of this product seems fine. We just bought it a few days ago but we have been using it and it seems good.

It seems like it will be pretty easy to clean. The crumb tray slides out but you can't remove it which would really make it a lot easier to clean.

I don't know how durable it will be because we haven't had it very long yet. We aren't going to keep it very long anyway though.

I do think that the design is very nice,very sleek and modern. It looks very nice on the counter.

Long Lasting Toaster

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Toaster:

I really like this toaster mostly because of it's red cancel button and how long it's lasted (5 years and counting). The red button comes in handy when I would like my toast, waffles, bagels, or etc. to be more toasted without being/becoming burnt. Since the setting are in minutes and that extra minute can leave with burnt toast that you'll wind up tossing in the trash. I'm sad to see this toaster is now discontinued even though it was a great one.

It's kind of hard to clean inside of it because some crumbs can get stuck down there and burn.

Durability is the best part in my opinion.

The only down side is it can only toast two breads at a time which is normally perfect unless you have a big family or trying to toast hamburger buns for more than one person. The bread slots are also kind of tight for bagels (which leaves crumbs) may also be another down side for this other wise great toaster.

I highly recommend it!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Toaster:

My husband owned this Hamilton Beach toaster before we got married and it was used by himself and his housemates, and when we got married my husband and I continued to use it. Five years later and this Hamilton Beach toaster not only has survived the abuse of bachelors and still functions but it still functions like the day that my husband bought it! This Hamilton Beach toaster is both aesthetically and functionally simple in its design. Therefore, it should blend into kitchens of all kind; It's great for everyday toasting; And it's a easy to clean and maintain! Also, the outside of the toaster stays cool to the touch and therefore it's safe to keep within reach of children! Considering all of the above mentioned points and the fact that this Hamilton Beach toaster comes with an affordable price tag, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a simple toaster that gets its job done and does its job well!

Toasting Evenness
This Hamilton Beach toaster never fails to toast both my bagels and toast evenly!

Safety
This Hamilton Beach toaster's outside stays cool to the touch and it's therefore as safe as a toaster gets!

This Hamilton Beach toaster has a crumb tray that slides out for easy cleaning and maintenance!

After five years this Hamilton Beach toaster has not only survived the abuse of bachelors and still functions but it still functions like the day that my husband bought it! Needless to say, its durability is excellent!

This Hamilton Beach toaster has an aesthetically and functionally simple design and therefore it should blend into every kitchen and it's easy to use and maintain!

• Toasting Evenness:

Hamilton Beach Toaster is the perfect size for my small family.

from Boise, ID

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Toaster:

This Hamilton Beach 2 Slice Toaster is the perfect size for my two person household. We use it quite often and have had it for a good number of years now and it has held up great. It stays cool to the touch just like it says and toasts everything like it is supposed. I haven't tried bagels in it yet, but it's nice it has the option for that with the larger slots. The only problem I have had is with poptarts. Sometimes with the slots being wider the poptarts slip through a little or jump around too much and get hung up when they are supposed to pop up when finished. So, on occasion, I've had to pry them loose to get them out. If I am careful about how I place them in the toaster in the first place this isn't too much of a problem. All in all this has been a really good toaster and does the job I need it to do. I also thought it was pretty reasonably priced and I think I have gotten my money's worth and then some out of it. It also has a cancel button on the front that I thought was a nice feature just in case, but so far I have not needed it. And, I love how easily the little crumb tray comes out for an easy clean up. I would definitely recommend this toaster to a small family. It works great for us.

• Toasting Evenness:

Works great for a small household

from Denver, CO

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Toaster:

Unlike the other reviewer here, the Hamilton Beach # 22145 toaster has performed just fine for me.  I can't even remember how many years ago I bought mine; I have experienced no troubles with it.  It was an economical choice that seems to have paid off in its value.

It's easy to operate and you don't have to read the owner's manual instructions to figure it all out.  The bottom crumb tray opens easily for crumb removal, and still shuts securely.  The cancel button allows you to stop toasting if you want to remove the bread before the pre-timed setting thinks it should stop.  A handy feature is the "lifter" to ease in removing the toast.  It's the same button that you press down to start the toasting function -- you just push up on it to raise the bread out, making it easier to remove.  The setting dial is simple -- just turn it to a higher number if you want your toast darker, lower number for lighter toasting.

The only complaint I have is a common one for many kitchen appliances.  The cord could be a little longer.  Not all kitchens have a lot of outlets.  I believe that shorter cords are placed on many kitchen appliances as a "safety precaution" to avoid the cord getting in the way.  However, sometimes that also limits your placemement of the toaster, and it doesn't always reach to where you want it to be.