3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

inexpensive but very good

We bought our toaster as new addition to our kitchen appliances two years ago, we never had one before. We even questioned our self if we should buy one, since we did not think that we really need one. At firs we used to keep it in cabinet and get it out when we used it. But now we can't go one day without using it so our toaster earned his own place on the countertop. It is not sophisticated but it is very handy, very easy to use and has a very nice design. And very important, it is very, very easy to clean. The shiny surface can be wiped very easy using any type of cleaner you have in the house. And because it is a metallic surface, it does not hold grease like plastic surfaces do. If you don't have to prepare food for a big family it is a perfect toaster. We basically use it every time we use sliced bread, not only for toast. A slightly toasted slice of bread is very good for a sandwich! If you don't want to spend too much money for a toaster, this is a very good choice.

Good enough for the price

My sudden craving for Pop Tarts and Bagels lead me on a search for a toaster. I have a small family, only 3 of us at the time of the purchase so my husband and I decided to buy a smaller toaster instead of a bigger one. Well, after some looking around at the store, we decided on this one. It's small, looks simple to use as in not a bunch of dials and numbers or something fancy, it didn't look that cheap as if it could easily break and the price was a good one.

This toaster works fine. As someone else mentioned, anything above the number 2 can burn your food. It happened with my Pop-Tarts. It wasn't even edible anymore. It's fine for my bagels though even at a 3. But then I think it's personal preference and also the bagels are thicker so maybe that's why 3 worked fine for it. We don't eat toast so I have no clue how it works with bread.

I have yet to have any trouble with the metal sides getting too hot but then again I'm not going to touch it just to see how hot it is. I did make sure to set it next to items that aren't plastic or metal, things that can be affected by the heat.

It's easy enough to keep clean. It's not big and bulky either so it's easy to store and to fit in a small kitchen with little counter space.

Great Toaster; works as it should

from Knob Noster, MO

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Toaster:

This is just a simple 2 slice toaster in chrome and black. I like the wide slots with the mechanisms inside that adjusts to the bread to secure it in place. The controls are easy to use and release button is a great bonus feature.

Toast perfectly evenly.

Safety
Toaster has a "hot surface warning but I find that it stays remarkably cool however I do not use it multiple times in a row.

There is a crumb door on the bottom that releases easily to dump the crumbs. The exterior wipes clean easily with a vinegar damp cloth.

Clean lines, handy features, simple yet functional.

Just your basic toaster

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Toaster:

I received this toaster as a gift for my wedding back in 2008. It has worked fine since then.

Toasting Evenness
I have never had uneven toast come out of this toaster. You just toast it for however long you are going to toast it and you don't have to redo it because the toasting was uneven.

Safety
It had a warning sign on the front that says "Caution:Hot surface" but that's it. As far as I know there are no built in safety features that can prevent an accident from happening.

It has a very basic cleaning trap. On the bottom, you just swipe the latch to the side and the crumb tray comes off and you wash it. So easy a caveman can do it.

It had lasted me since 2008 and it still makes toast perfectly fine. I have never had any issues with this toaster.

This is such a simple toaster, if you are into fancy things, I don't recommend it. There are 2 options for this toaster, on and off, and how much time you want it to cook for. If you need more options, them this toaster is not for you.

• Toasting Evenness:

Great for a college student.

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Toaster:

A great buy for a new college student or for a person moving into a small apartment or house.

Toasting Evenness
Toasted bread comes out quite even. The time of toasting has to be exact to satisfy the needs of the individual.

Safety
Very safe. If kept out of reach from troublesome children, this toaster very safe. Little to no heat is emitted when toasting a piece of bread. Safe to place around other electronic appliances.

Not too incredibly easy to clean on the inside. Bread crumbs will get stuck in the bottom and will be a pretty big pain in the neck to clean up. The outside, on the other hand, is incredibly easy to clean up. A wet paper towel will easily take out any smudges out.

This brand of toaster will last for a long time. Its high durability will satisfy your toasting needs for years. Toast will stay even, and hot for a long time.

The design is will highly complement your other appliances very well. In my kitchen, all of my appliances are black. Even though the picture of this brand of toaster is gray, it is also available in black, like mine.

PIECE OF JUNK

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Toaster:

The HB toaster I purchased has a cancel button on it but looks just like it. The cancel button gets stuck and won't toast the bread. Thinking it was a fluke I got another one and the same thing happened the first time I used it. Couldn't return !

Cancel button get stuck in and when this happens there is no way to get it out. Can't toast the bread when this happens.

Make a better cancel button that doesn't get stuck inl

Good enough for the price

from Madison, WI

• Toasting Evenness:

Hamilton Beach toaster makes perfect toast

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Toaster:

My Hamilton Beach chrome toaster looks a little retro to me, and it makes a perfect slice of toast. It has an easy to use adjustment dial for light all the way to dark toast. What I really like is the extra large slots for my bagels. I love bagels. It shows me to place the bagel sliced side out too. I love the chrome finish for it's retro look as well as even though it is a shiny finish, it never shows a fingerprint and always looks clean. The crumb tray is easy to slide out and clean as well. It has consistent toasting, so there is never any guesswork to try and get that perfect toasting. Easy to clean, perfect toast and pretty too...what more could you ask for in a toaster?

Toasting Evenness
Toasts even and is consistent.

Safety
No problems with safety. Sides stay cool.

Easy to wipe down and fingerprints do not show. Crumb tray is east to remove and clean.

Heavy and well made.

Looks nice on the counter with a chrome retro look.

Don't waste your money!!

from Russellville, AR

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Toaster:

From day one, the push-down handle would not stay down -- popped back up. Unfortunately, I had thrown away the box and receipt or I would have returned it to the store. Tnen I tried putting a wooden spoon in the slot to keep the handle down so it would toast but if I didn't remove it promptly, the toast would burn. After a while, it started toasting one side of the bread but not the other. Cannot believe this is a Hamilton Beach product!!

Perfect little toaster

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Toaster:

After years of fumbling with a big bulky toaster oven, we decided that we simply didn't have the counter space for it any more and relegated it to the attic. After all, almost anything that we made in the toaster oven, we could also make in the oven. Well, except TOAST.

After shopping around, we came across the very inexpensive Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Toaster and really couldn't be happier with it. It has no frills, no learning required, just a very basic put-in-your-bread-and-it-pops-up-when-it's-done plain and simple toaster.

It doesn't overheat, it doesn't burn toast, it's easy to adjust the settings to make it lighter or darker, and although there are some crumbs in the bottom, it's nothing messy.

Overall, it's a great buy if you're looking for a small, simple toaster.

I don't like this toaster from Hamilton Beach

from Plano, TX

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Toaster:

The Hamilton Beach 2-slice toaster may be inexpensive, but it is worth it to pay a little bit more for a better toaster. The pros for this toaster is it works. So if you need toast something, you can do it. It performs it's basic function. The con is that if you have it one a setting higher than the second one, it will burn whatever you are toasting. Also, there is no button or feature to get it to come back up, so basically if you forget to put it on the right setting, you will just have to deal with burnt toast (or bagel, or waffle). Hamilton Beach is usually a really good company, so I guess since this toaster is so cheap they thought they didn't have to make it do it more than just basically function.

Good toaster for value

from Aubrey, TX

Comments about Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Toaster:

We bought this new toaster a few months ago when our old toaster died. It was our second shot at a new toaster and well worth it. The first toaster we tried was at least half the price and never really worked properly. This Hamilton Beach toaster works great. It has nice wide slots for items like bagels. Also, it has a cancel button that when pressed the toast pops right up. No more prying the handle up in order to get the toast up before the toasting cycle is complete. I like the metal appearance with the black front and back. Its easy to wipe clean and empty the crumbs out of the bottom. Its easy to use and my children have no trouble making themselves a couple piece of toast all by themselves.