4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Simplicity itself

If you want to brew great tasting coffee at home and you don't have it in your budget for a Bunn or Cuisinart, give this brand a try. This model is very simple, no bells and whistles. It won't show the time or grind the beans or even turn on by itself at a preset time. It just makes great tasting coffee from ground beans and water. That's it.

Brew Performance
This Hamilton Beach brews an aromatic and flavorful cup of coffee because it uses a cone basket and a showerhead spray pattern. This brand is fairly reliable for brewing great coffee on the cheap.

The machine is as easy to clean as any drip coffee maker could hope to be. The carafe is fairly stain resistant and it's easy to scrub off whatever stains do appear. The basket holder pops out for easy cleaning and the tank is fairly accessible compared to some other machines.

It doesn't get any easier than this for a drip machine. Scoop the grounds in the basket filter. Pour the water in the tank (which has a handy meter on a window so that you can see how many cups of water you've poured in there). Push the lever button to start the brew. Don't forget to push it off again later so as not to scorch your coffee. Easy.

This is a lovely hourglass shaped design to fit any modern kitchen. I got the one in black.

Hamilton Beach has decent staying power for a less expensive machine.

cute, but disposable quickly

Although this was a gift and works well; it has always leaked. I hear this of many coffee makers of this caliber. This Hamilton Beach 12 cup programmable red coffee maker is cost effective.The top of carafe looked dangerous to remove and sure enough within a week after using, I tried to remove top to clean and plastic broke. Company was written and they responded with information on how to buy a new carafe. No admission to the poor design of the carafe top. ah well. Looks cute in my red kitchen; but when this one goes; I'm searching for a good home espresso maker. I get more punch for the cup...tee hee!

Cheap option

Comments about Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

We got this coffee maker for Christmas and I was really excited since my old one was on its last legs. I almost wished that I had kept the dying one. This one drips horribly whenever I pour anything from it, and it doesn't have an automatic shut off nor does it beep when the coffee is done brewing. It is a really simple machine so I guess you get what you pay for and it makes a good cup of coffee. The filter is a cone shape and has a stand so it's easier to put the coffee into it and that is a plus for me.
Help other cust

Simplicity itself

from Tampa, FL

Brew Performance

Hamilton Beach has decent staying power for a less expensive machine.

Great quality and price!

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

We have had this coffee maker for several years. I am no expert on coffee makers, but my husband uses this product every single day and it has really lasted us. Even a novice like me figured it out quickly. I can prepare a cup of coffee in a matter of seconds. It is incredibly easy to use and it brews coffee really quick. I don't really have much to complain about. We have definitely gotten our money's worth. We use to say that we would buy a more high tech one when this one breaks down, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I guess the only thing I can use is a bigger one for hosting. I do have to make several batches when i am hosting. Even so, it is not much wait. Great product!

Great, inexpensive coffee maker

from Hamden, CT

Comments about Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I purchased the Hamilton Beach 12 cup coffee maker primarily for those occasions when having friends or family over. I do drink coffee on a daily basis, but I mainly use a Keurig one cup brewer at work for those cups. I wouldn't think to use this for such a small amount of coffee. The coffee maker is extremely easy to use, no fancy or complicated buttons. I did not even bother to read the instruction manual and yet I can easily figure out how to set the machine to brew automatically at a certain time. I tried the timer when I first purchased the machine and it worked really well. I was woken up to the smell of a great pot of coffee! I soon realized that I was wasting coffee on the mornings when I was rushing out the door and had already set the pot. I would definitely recommend this for people who drink lots of coffee or who have a number of people in the household who would enjoy a cup! It's easy to clean and very durable!

it's my cup of coffee

from The Villages, FL

Comments about Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

Nothing beats the experience of waking up in the morning to the smell of coffee brewing. Just the aroma alone gives me a nice boost. That's when i get up and just forget about putting the alarm clock on snooze for another few minutes of sleep....And even better when i have a bagel or a toast with my cup of coffee, hmmmm, just superb!!..Of course, the one item i count on to do this job in the morning is our Hamilton Beach coffee maker. It's been around for a while and we are still not planning on getting a new one. It sort of have a sentimental value already, we don't know how to part with it..LOL..It is nothing fancy, just a regular coffee maker with the usual operating buttons..But it's definitely reliable and efficient, it's been working for us forever i don't know if it is ever gonna retire : - ), & not once did i have any problem with it. And with its 12-cup capacity, i can make and enjoy coffee with everybody!!

cute, but disposable quickly

from Portage, MI

Hamilton Beach 12 Cup Coffee Maker a Great Product & Great Price

from Wahpeton, ND

Comments about Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

My husband and I purchased the Hamilton Beach 12 Cup Coffee Maker to replace a previous coffee maker that went on the fritz and we are very happy with our purchase. We don't drink coffee on a daily basis but we do ocassionaly enjoy a cup. We also have parents and relatives that come to visit that do drink coffee so we needed a new one. Because we don't drink cofee on a regular basis we were looking for a coffee maker that was inexpensive, makes great coffee, and doesn't take up a lot of counter space. We found all of those qualities in the Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker. It makes great tasting coffee, quickly, and it is good and hot. For anyone that is looking for a coffee maker that is easy to use then this is the coffee maker to purchase. I highly recommend it.

An inexpensive coffee maker that gets the job done

from East Lansing, MI

Comments about Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

My husband and I just recently purchased this coffee maker when we needed to replace our old one. The only reason I decided to go with this make and model was because of the price. I was able to find it extremely inexpensively after a mail-in-rebate and decided to go for it. We have been pleased ever since! It has all the standard features of most coffee makers - has a clock and a timer. But, what I love most about this coffee maker is the fact that it's so small. We have very little counterspace so I love that it takes up so little space and is easy to clean around and under. I also love that it makes a nice hot cup of coffee. Our previous coffee maker (a different brand) was less than a year old and never made coffee hot enough for me. This coffee maker is reliable and gets the job done! If you are looking for an inexpensive coffee maker and you don't care that it's not stainless steal, go for this one!

Affordable coffee maker and does the trick!

from Fullerton, CA

Comments about Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I'm all about cost during these hard economic times, so when they had a sale on the Hamilton Beach coffee maker, I had to get it.  I don't like complexity when it comes to making coffee.  THese days, everything has a million buttons and programs for who knows what but a coffee maker should simply make coffee, which is why this is the one i prefer.  Sure, it might be convenient for some to program their coffee to automatically make themselves at 6am, but called me old-fashioned, I like filling the canister with water, weighing out coffee grinds, replacing the filter, and pressing the coffee maker on.  The sound is soothing too... or maybe i'm just anticipating a freshly brewed cup of joe, lol.  Regardless, i haven't had any problems with this coffee maker and it's inexpensive so that should it break down or i heaven forbid i should want to try one that also makes bread, i can go out and by another coffee maker and not feel a great loss.

Super coffeemaker for a economical price

from Worcester, MA

Comments about Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

This Hamilton Beach coffemaker is the second Hamilton Beach unit I have owned in 10 years.  We liked our first one alot except that the carafe was metal and harder to clean.  This model has a glass carafe and it's easy to clean.  The coffemaker has a timer setting so you can program your coffee to start at any time.  It also has a shut off setting so if you're like me and always forgetting to turn off your coffee, you don't have to worry about it burning in the pot!

There is a replaceable water filter that will help make sure the icky things in your tap don't get into your coffee.  Makes 12 cups at a time so you can get plenty of coffee.  I like that it stays warm and almost as hot as it was from minute one til it shuts off.  Can be cleaned with a sponge and soapy water.  I use vinegar mixed with water to clean the inside every other month.

Easy to make a pot of coffee.  Comes with it's own reusable filter as well! Love this coffeemaker!