3.7
Other Microwave Ovens:
Hamilton Beach
P100N30ALS3B
Hamilton Beach 1.1 cu ft Microwave HB-P100N30AL-S3

Summary

Make your busy schedule a whole lot more manageable with this digital microwave oven with 1000 watts of meal preparation power.

Hamilton Beach 1.1 cu ft Microwave HB-P100N30AL-S3

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Settings/Features:

The best little microwave on the shelf.

I received this gift when I moved into my apartment. I gave away my big one. I never thought it could do the job my other one did. But good news it did! I haven't had a bit of trouble with it. It cooks evenly. It makes great popcorn. And being alone it is great for small meals. I love my microwave.

Cooks better than some large microwaves.

Settings/Features
It revolves and has a timer. I can still put microwave dishes in it.

Hardly ever needs cleaning. But when it does I just use a paper towel.

Push the right buttons and it goes!

Small enough for the counter.

Would not buy this microwave again.

We got rid of our old microwave (Toshiba) when we moved but then had to buy a new one, and this was what we went with. I would not recommend it. The price was right, but in this case, you do get what you pay for.

It burns pasta about 80% of the time unless you reduce the power to 20-30%, and leaves an awful burned-pasta smell. It just has way too much power at 100% (the default), and even if you just zap pasta for 6-8 seconds, it burns it. And I mean black edges burn.

Settings/Features
The settings are all right. I do miss the simple automatic settings where you can push 1 button, and it goes for 30 or 60 seconds like I've had on past microwaves. And there is no option to add time while something is reheating, which is a little annoying. But there's also not too many settings like I've seen on others where it becomes unusable or unreadable.

No problems cleaning it.

Ease of use is average.

We've had it for over a year, and it's been fine so far.

Not too big or bulky, but also big enough for everything we've needed reheated so far.

LOVE IT

from Gainesville, TX

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Easy To Clean
  • Simple Controls

Cons

• Help With Clock

• Leftovers

Comments about Hamilton Beach 1.1 cu ft Microwave HB-P100N30AL-S3:

I just moved out on my own (again) and my space is small so I was looking for a smaller microwave. This fit my space perfectly and has worked wonderfully from day one. I have not had a problem with any aspect of this microwave and if anything did happen to the black one I bought I would go back and buy the red one!!

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Buyer Beware

Comments about Hamilton Beach 1.1 cu ft Microwave HB-P100N30AL-S3:

Nice look, nice size, decent features, didn't last past 4 months. So if you want a good looking, nicely sized microwave, with decent features that you have to replace in a few months this is the microwave for you! I really wish my experience was a fluke but I've been reading reviews by other people and it seems many, many, people have been having problems with this microwave.

Didn't work right from the start, but at first I attributed the problems to me.

Settings/Features
There good when they work.

I'm guessing at this one, it didn't work long enough to get really dirty

Ya put the food in, close the door, and push buttons, doesn't get much easier then that.

Wasn't working right from the start, by the time 3 months had passed it developed a high pitched squeal and made a paper plate feel warm in 12 seconds.

It does look good, and is nice and compact, to bad it doesn't work.

What a waste of money!!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 1.1 cu ft Microwave HB-P100N30AL-S3:

I bought one for my family for Christmas because the other one went out. It worked just fine the first few days we had it then it stopped heating. I took it back to the Walmart I bought it from and made an even exchange. I brought the new one home, opened it up, checked everything to make sure it was all there, plugged it in then when I tried to heat up my hot chocolate, I pressed number 2 (for two minutes) and the light came on and the countdown started but it didn't heat up. I am so sick and tired of buying products that don't work. I mean, don't they test these things before they send them out? I am going to exchange this one for a totally different brand. I'm very upset and will not be purchasing anymore Hamilton Beach products.

• Settings/Features:

This product is simple to use.

Comments about Hamilton Beach 1.1 cu ft Microwave HB-P100N30AL-S3:

My microwave heats up my food fast and well. If you forget about something in the microwave after it has gone off, it will beep until you get to it. The interior is spacious.

It has great features.

The surface is smooth, so it makes the cleaning fast and easy.

It is heavy duty.

• Settings/Features:

Great value for the money

Comments about Hamilton Beach 1.1 cu ft Microwave HB-P100N30AL-S3:

Although compact, It,s oven compartment is quite useable. The best aspect of this microwave is the power settings. For the cost of this microwave, the power setting feature is excellent. At 50% power, reheating a dinner plate takes roughly 21/2 minutes and is uniformly hot. Not scorched in one section and ice in another. The light weight of the unit makes it easy to move while cleaning the counter top or microwave cart. I will deffinately look to Hamilton-Beach first when I upgrade or need to replace.

All features work better than expected in this economy brand.

Settings/Features
See performance comment. Plus the popcorn setting is perfect on the time.

Relatively easy, but you need to wipe it out occasionally. Especially if you don't use a cover over what your heating

Two years and it still looks and operates very well.

Great Microwave

from North Branch, MI

Comments about Hamilton Beach 1.1 cu ft Microwave HB-P100N30AL-S3:

I have this microwave and I really love it. Cooking time does not take very long at all or to heat things up. I would not trade mine for nothing at all. It is the best brand of microwave I have ever owned. I highly recommend this brand when considering buying a new one.

• Settings/Features:

The best little microwave on the shelf.

from Sawyerville, IL

Comments about Hamilton Beach 1.1 cu ft Microwave HB-P100N30AL-S3:

Cooks better than some large microwaves.

Settings/Features
It revolves and has a timer. I can still put microwave dishes in it.

Hardly ever needs cleaning. But when it does I just use a paper towel.

Push the right buttons and it goes!

Small enough for the counter.

• Settings/Features:

Excellent value for the money with easy to use features.

from Santa Fe, NM

Comments about Hamilton Beach 1.1 cu ft Microwave HB-P100N30AL-S3:

About 30 years ago I purchased my first microwave oven. I cost what seemed a small fortune. It was heavy to move. I replaced that item a number of times over at reduced cost and weight with varying degrees of satisfaction. My recently purchased Hamilton Beach model is one that I'm extremely happy with. I has features wich are easy to use without having to consult a manual to know how.

It is rated as a 1000 watt microwave and it performs as such for the full power tasks such as popcorn. The key panel has a list of six "one-touch" functions for baked potatoes, popcorn, pizza, beverages, frozen dinner, and reheating. I've used the potato, popcorn, and reheating setting for the quantities suggested in the owner's manual and they are true to the amount of time required to perform the job.

Settings/Features
They keypad has an "express cook" function which allows you to have a quick cook time of from one to six minutes by simply pressing the number key. This is very handy for me for much of what I rely on a microwave oven for.

The kitchen timer is a big help in the kitchen for me as well. It is idiot proof as well. To set it you touch the kitchen timer key and enter the amount of time you want to count down and press the kitchen timer key again to start the operation. What I like about this feature is that it begins to count down and show the decreasing time value BEFORE reverting to the standard time clock. Also, if at sometime later during the count down you'd like to check on the remaining time it's also just a one key operation.

Although I personally have no use for the feature there is a child lock option. By depressing the stop/clear key and holding it down for three minutes you can lock the keypad from being used until the revering operation is performed.

I find the "weight defrost" feature very useful. You can enter a weight in pounds and ounces up to a maximum of six pounds. During the defrosting process the microwave will pause and beep. You can then check to item being defrosted to see if it needs turning over or some timing adjustment is needed.

Cleaning. Nobody likes it but it is necessary. The exterior and interior I really don's see as being much different from other microwave ovens I've owned.

This microwave is very easy to use. I experimented with it before consulting the owner's manual and with the exception of a few gotcha's (e.g. setting the child lock feature) it's operation is pretty much obvious.

I did run through the owner's manual after my initial run through and did pick up a few new ideas but it is easy to use and the the display panel indicators give good clues as to what keys to hit next. For example, in "weight defrost" the panel indicates whether LB.'s or OZ.'s is expected as input. Canceling an operation usually requires just touching the function key again if a wrong value is entered.

I've only owned this microwave for a few months but I believe it was built to last, if the door hinges and latches are any indication of quality and durability.

I has a nice sleek design. The clock display is bright and easy to read.

• Settings/Features:

A good basic microwave nothing too fancy

Comments about Hamilton Beach 1.1 cu ft Microwave HB-P100N30AL-S3:

I like the push button numbers and controls. We got the black one so it also has a nice apperance

I find that it cooks evenly, and accuratly if you are making something that has microwave directions.

Settings/Features
It has a cook by weight button and 2 different defrost options along with a bake potato, pizza, beverage, popcorn, reheat and frozen dinner buttons.

Cleaning this is like cleaning any other microwave in my opinion the glass plate comes out to clean

I didnt have any problems with figuring out how to change the power amount without looking in the manual.

I have only had my for 3 months and so far no problems

This has a pull hadle door so no button to press in to get the door to open

Not Impressed with the Hamilton Beach 1.1 cu Microwave

from Marianna, FL

Comments about Hamilton Beach 1.1 cu ft Microwave HB-P100N30AL-S3:

We had to buy this microwave when our's suddenly went out after 6 years of use(was such a good microwave) we didn't have the money at the time to buy a nicer microwave but I really wish we would have just waited a little bit longer to get a better microwave than the Hamilton Beach one. The glass plate in the microwave NEVER stays on the track. That is one the that gets on my nerves the most because it makes such a loud noise every time it goes around and falls off the track. I would not recommend this microwave I would spend just a little more and get a nicer microwave than the Hamilton Beach one.