Other Vacuums:
Bagged Upright Vacuums
Halo
Halo UV-ST Bagged Upright Vacuum

Halo UV-ST Bagged Upright Vacuum

The Oreck Halo Vacuum is outstanding!

from Conroe, TX

Comments about Halo UV-ST Bagged Upright Vacuum:

The Oreck Halo Upright Vacuum is one of my best purchases from Oreck.  I have been a loyal customer to the Oreck Company for about seven years.  My first upright vacuum was the Oreck XL and it still works good, but I liked the features on the new Oreck Halo and wanted to try it out for myself.  It is a lot heavier than the Oreck XL.  The Oreck Halo has a UV-C light on the bottom of it that kills germs.  It also kills flea eggs and dust mites as long as you keep the UV-C light on while vacuuming.  There is no extra work; it is that simple.  It's great if you have pets because it does help in killing those flea eggs.  The Oreck Halo has a HEPA filter on it and when you change out the bag there's no mess (like dust and dirt flying in the air) ; the bag has a seal on it.  You can vacuum on any surface whether it's carpet, tile, or wood floors.  It's a little pricey, but you get what you pay for and an Oreck will last you a long time.

It doesn't work as well as it is advertised

from Smyrna, TN

Comments about Halo UV-ST Bagged Upright Vacuum:

I purchased a Halo Vacuum about a year ago, It is the type that has the uv rays to kill the fleas that may get into your carpet. The vacuum was working great at first but over time it begin to lose it's suction. I really can't understand how a vacuum can be designed to kill fleas, but yet has a hard time picking up dog fur??

I love my Oreck Halo Vacuum.

from Gresham, OR

Comments about Halo UV-ST Bagged Upright Vacuum:

I absolutely love my Oreck Halo Vacuum! I like the feeling that after I vacuum my carpets they are actually clean! It's pretty light weigt and easy to use. The assembly wasn't very difficult, and the service provided by Oreck during my purchase was great. I recevied my Oreck Halo Vacuum within just a few days of purchasing it. Oreck also had a great payment plan that I found to be very convenient. I usually don't spend more than I have to on products, but in the case of the Oreck Halo Vacuum, the benefits definitely outweighed the cost, and it came with a warranty, so I know I won't have to purchase a new vacuum for a while. I love the feature it has where it actually has brushes that spin when you push the button to choose that option when vacuuming. This helps to get out all of the pet hair that my old vacuum left behind. It's also allergy friendly since you don't have a lot of dust coming back up out of the vacuum. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's not bagless and it only came with one bag, but I'm not aware of any other vacuums out there featuring the Halo technology, so I found it worth it to have to replace the bags once in a while.

Great cleaning power, few attachments unable to go under beds.

from Gainesville, FL

Oreck Halo upright vacuum:

This vacuum has great vacuuming power and the carpet looks great afterward. However, the unit comes with only a brush and crevice tool attachments. Nothing to vacuum furniture or upholstery. The unit also has a profile that is too high to go under beds or most furniture (where it's really needed to clean dust bunnies and pick up pet hair).

I have not noticed any benefits of the "Halo" ultraviolet feature.

I would recommend this product, but would also recommend to Mr. Oreck that he come up with an attachment to make this product more efficient.

I am sooooooooo happy with my new Oreck Halo

from Carpinteria, CA

Comments about Halo UV-ST Bagged Upright Vacuum:

I am so happy with my new Oreck Halo.  The Hubs was very skeptical thinking that this vacuum would work....but I've proved him wrong.  Ever since getting my Oreck Halo two months ago and using it on a regular basis, may carpets have never looked fluffier and cleaner.  What a difference it has made.  Plus, it works on my tile and laminate floors.  I love the fact that the UV-C light kills the nasty bugs living on the floors GROSS.  I've had a lot of different vacuums over the years and I am pleases with this product and the Oreck name behind it.

Unique UV Ray Anti-microbial.

from Casselberry, FL

Comments about Halo UV-ST Bagged Upright Vacuum:

I purchased the Halo vacuum on Ebay at a great price. I have a cleaning business and was looking for something that could do both hard floors and carpet.  The old vacuum I had was extreemely inadequate and made it so difficult to mop after vacuuming because it left so much behind! The Halo does both hard florrs and carpet quite nicely. Usually you are forced to choose between a carpet or hardwood vacuum in terms of qulaity. The Halo picks up so much mor ethan my last vacuum did on hard floors. It has a HEPA filter and cloth bags. I am a dog owner. The filter on the Halo vacuum works well because there is no dog scent left behind! It's most unique feature and selling point is the option of a UB-Ray light. You can press a button to turn it on-for carpet use-and itkills germs, bugs, and microscopic organisms. This is the next level of clean because carpets are extremely difficult and costly to clean. The HAL UV-ray is great becuase you can get your carpets much cleaner than a typical vacuum.

The Halo sweeper is lightweight.

from seymour, IN

Comments about Halo UV-ST Bagged Upright Vacuum:

The Halo sweeper has great pick up and it is lightweight. It seems like a very good sweeper. It is built tough and I like the attachments being hooked on the sweeper.  The one thing I did not like is when you use the attachments it is very loud.  We did have a problem with our sweeper a couple months after we got it and my husband called the toll free number and they called us back and had us try a few things then said they would send us a new one and we could keep the other one or throw it out.

Halo uv-St saved our lives.

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Halo UV-ST Bagged Upright Vacuum:

Halo has saved our lives. I am the mom of a child with epilepsy, Aspergers and immune deficiency and was basically told I was going to have to get rid of everything that would possibly habor germs or dust mites,etc.* When I saw this vacuum I *was skeptical if it would truly help alleviate some of the allergies that would harbor infections but it has worked.I will never own another vacuum after owning this one.