3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

Not a cough drop, Halls hard candy

The Halls Refresh are a sugar free hard candy and not a cough drop, so don't be mistaken and buy these for a severe cough or cold. They are meant to "refresh" and moisten your mouth. They are meant to keep in your purse, car, or drawer so that is your mouth isn't feeling as fresh or feeling dry you can just pop one of these in

They really do help with dry mouth, and un-fresh breathe, and they taste really good.

They come in three different flavors juicy strawberry, tropical wave, and lemon raspberry. I had the lemon raspberry flavor and I thought they were delicious.

These are great if you're in the mood for some sort of hard candy but can't have sugar and don't want to be consuming a lot of calories.

They only have 30 calories per serving, and each serving is five pieces.

I really liked these and would buy them again.

Congestion Relief
The Halls Refresh do not help with any type of congestion.

Chest Congestion Relief
These are not meant to relieve chest congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
They are not meant to relieve aches and pains.

Cough Suppression
I don't know why these were put in the medicine/cough drop section because they are not meant for cough suppression or to make you feel better when you're sick. They are more of a hard candy, but they do make your mouth feel moist.

Halls Refresh Cough Drops: Too Much Like Candy and Don't Last

A cough is sometimes associated with dryness and that dryness can extend from the throat to the mouth, in some instances. A good cough syrup can handle the cough, but often does little to help a dry mouth. There are a few over the counter products that attempt to tackle both problems and one of them is Halls Refresh Moisture Action Cough Drops.

Medicine Facts and Commentary:

Halls Refresh Moisture Action Cough Drops are packaged like other Halls products: Individually wrapped pieces, sold in a single plastic bags. The drops are shaped like a disk with a tropical fruit flavor that isn’t the greatest, but isn’t too bad either.

Halls Refresh Moisture Action Cough Drops are meant to moisten the mouth while also attacking and lessening a cough and I find that they work only so- so in either area. One thing that bothers me a little is that this product is so much like a piece of candy. Other Halls products have been described this way, but those products do not compare to the candy- like product found here. Halls even advertises this product as a mouth- moistening hard candy and while this description may appeal to some, I find it a bit of a turn off.

As for the ability to control a cough, the effectiveness of Halls Refresh Moisture Action Cough Drops is below average and many will wonder why they even bothered to try it. With the drop in the mouth, there is some relief, but it goes away almost instantly after dissolving. The moisurizing properties are a little better, but still nothing to brag about.

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

Halls Refresh Moisture Action Cough Drops are a so- so product that are not as good as the Halls mentho- lyptus drops and inferior to other brands as well. I suppose a little relief is better than nothing and the price is low, but there are still much better products on the market than this and I can’t recommend it for much more than a mild level of coughing discomfort.

Very little cough relief and it doesn't last

Not a cough drop, Halls hard candy

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Halls Refresh Cough Drops:

They only have 30 calories per serving, and each serving is five pieces.

I really liked these and would buy them again.

Congestion Relief
The Halls Refresh do not help with any type of congestion.

Chest Congestion Relief
These are not meant to relieve chest congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
They are not meant to relieve aches and pains.

Pleasant tasting cough drop

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Halls Refresh Cough Drops:

Cough drops are by nature, not the most pleasant tasting things to suck on. Some are worst than others. These are a pleasant surprise. They soothe your throat, help calm coughs, and still have a pleasant enough taste that you can actually use them until they are gone. This helps to quiet my cough and give my sore muscles a chance to heal

Congestion Relief
While I would never use these as a substitute for cough medicine, these are a wonderful soother for a scratchy throat or sore throat until you can dose your medicine. There is a soothing menthol feeling that does give some relief for nasal congestion.

Chest Congestion Relief
Coupled with regular medicine these can begin to give some relief for chest congestion and to prevent further "tickles" until the next dose of medicine.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Anytime that I can take a break from coughing my sore ribs and stomach appreciate it!

Cough Suppression
For cough suppression these are marvelous. I talk all day long at work, and when I have a cold I often get coughing fits when my throat dries out. I can keep these in until I am done teaching.

• Cough Suppression:

They are rather refeshing, and effective!

Comments about Halls Refresh Cough Drops:

The Halls Refresh drops are nice because they seem to be a stronger version of their more citrus based cough drops. So you have more of the effective ingredients in the drops, and they seem to have a better effect on my illnesses also.

Congestion Relief
They help clear up a fair amount of congestion because of the menthol in them. It's no replacement for a proper cough medicine, but they do work.

Chest Congestion Relief
Chest congestion relief is a bit tougher because there just doesn't seem to be enough of the main stuff in them to really effect this.

Relief of Aches & Pains
These do not treat aches and pains and that is quite alright.

Cough Suppression
They do a great job with cough suppression as well as they tend to keep me quiet for quite sometime after application.

• Cough Suppression:

Yummy cough drops that work

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Halls Refresh Cough Drops:

These are great tasting cough drops that help a mild to moderate sore throat without tasting too medicinal. The flavors are better than most other cough drops, but they are not strong enough for a really severe sore throat. I bring them with me when I travel.

• Cough Suppression:

The flavor is so much better than regular cough drops!

from Huntington, WV

Comments about Halls Refresh Cough Drops:

The first time I bought these I had a coupon making them almost free. Since the price was so low I took a chance on them. I was very happy with the results. The taste is so much better than regular cough drops. They aren't overly sweet and work well when my throat is dry or sore. Plus they come in a number of flavors, so even if you don't like one flavor there is another that you might like better. Even my husband who is picky about cough drops likes these and only buys this brand now. Plus there are oftentimes coupons and sales making these cough drops very inexpensive, which is important when trying to stick to a budget for my family.

• Cough Suppression:

If you have a cough don't buy it

Comments about Halls Refresh Cough Drops:

I bought halls refresh because I trusted the brand and wanted to try something new other than cherry or the black package, it didnt help my cough at all. All these candys did was give me gas and make me bloated. My cough didnt stop or decrease at all. They were tasty and that was the only benefit.

Halls Refresh Cough Drops: Too Much Like Candy and Don't Last

from Houston, TX

Medicine Facts and Commentary:

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

Very little cough relief and it doesn't last

Good throat drop

Comments about Halls Refresh Cough Drops:

The name says it all. These didn't help my cough much but they tasted good and soothed my throat a little. Not sure I would buy them again unless I had a good coupon and/or they were on sale.I would defintely buy another brand if I had a bad enough chest cold that I needed them.

Halls Refresh Lemon Raspberry

from Torrance, CA

Comments about Halls Refresh Cough Drops:

Halls has expanded from cough drops to hard candy drops. I got the Halls Refresh Lemon Raspberry flavor to try. The new drops are suppose to moisten and refresh your mouth. There was a minty taste but that is about it. However, if you are a hard candy person try the Halls version because each drop is sugar free and contains only 6 calories.

Halls Refresh Lozenges work for me.

from Austin, TX

Comments about Halls Refresh Cough Drops:

I read a few of the other reviews for the Halls Refresh Advanced Moisture Action Drops because it did not seem to get very high review stars.  I was really surprised at all the negative reviews.  The only thing that the Halls Refresh Advanced Moisture Action Drops claims to do is simply "Moisten" your mouth.  It seems to me that the people leaving negative reviews for the Halls Refresh were probably looking for the old-school Halls with the lemon/honey/and MENTHOL.  Thank GOD...they are not the old-school MENTHOL throat lozenges because they make me want to gag.  Yes, the Halls Refresh is much like sucking on a piece of hard sugary candy...but at least it tastes good and it truly does moisten the mouth and help get the "tickle" out of your throat.  So I say at least give them a try and decide for yourself whether they do what the claim to do or not.  Again...it is not meant to be a Menthol lozenge intended for a hacking cough.  Simply to MOISTEN your mouth.