Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cough Drops

Pros

Cons

• Cough Suppression:

Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cough Drops stop my cough & taste good, too.

I'm a fan of many of Hall's "drops". I use their Breezers Drops when my throat is dry and irritated, their Vitamin C Drops to moisten my mouth and throat and get a little extra Vitamin C which is always good, and I use **Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cherry Cough Drops** when I have a cold that includes a stubborn cough.

These great tasting, individually wrapped cough drops stop the stubborn tickle in my throat and work very well in helping to control my cough.

**Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cherry Cough Drops** are a staple in my house. They are affordable, they are effective, they taste good, and they are easy to use when I feel a tickle in my throat and know it may lead to a coughing fit. These drops stop the coughing before it begins if I pop on in my mouth when that first tickle begins, and they work very well in helping to stop my cough if I use them after it has already begun.

Congestion Relief
These are drops that are intended to help control your cough, and that's what they do. The Mentho-Lyptus that they contain is somewhat helpful in making my sinuses open up and help me to breath a little easier, but they are not intended for use in helping to relieve congestion.

Chest Congestion Relief
Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cherry Cough Drops are not intended for use as a cough expectorant.

Relief of Aches & Pains
This product does not contain a fever reducer or pain reliever. It is sometimes helpful in easing the pain of dry, raw, sore throats, though.

Cough Suppression
These wonderful tasting, very effective cough drops are very effective for use in suppressing coughs. I keep the resealable bags that contain the individually wrapped drops in my home, my vehicles, and in my purse. They are convenient, effective, and
i use them often and i recommend them.

Halls Cherry Cough Drops: Convenient Relief from Coughs

Coughing can be brought about by many things. Colds and flu are associated with coughing and an allergy attack can also lead to periodic coughs. If coughing is severe, only the most heavy- duty medicine will do but if coughing is moderate to light, a possible fix is to take Halls Mentho- Lyptus Cherry Cough Drops.

Halls Mentho- Lyptus Cherry Cough Drops are small drops, individually wrapped, with the flavor of cherry and Halls patented vapor action. After sucking on one of these drops for a short time, one can quickly feel the vapor and its cooling effects. Not only dies it cool, but it also helps make the nasal passages feel a little more open than before.

The main reason people take Halls Mentho- Lyptus Cherry Cough Drops is, of course, to control coughing and I find that Halls works sufficiently well in this area to consider its use. It coats the throat and makes it feel smoother, and more soothed. This can lessen the instance of coughing to an extent while the body rids itself of its virus or allergy problem.

Many people swear by Halls and reach for it the instant they feel a cough about to start. I find Halls good for certain purposes, but it is not a super- strength medicine that is going to cure a really bad cough. I can think of times when I have had a very harsh, hacking cough and tried Halls, only to find it didn’t make one iota of difference. For a light to moderate cough, however, Halls seems to work just fine.

Coughing can be draining, but there are plenty of over the counter medicines just waiting to help and Halls Mentho- Lyptus Cherry Cough Drops are one of them. Halls can make a difference and its low price makes it a very popular choice for a cough remedy. It can’t handle the really tough coughs, but it can handle the rest and it does come in handy when you need some convenient cough relief.

Congestion Relief
Not really made for fighting congestion

Relief of Aches & Pains
Does help relieve pain in the throat or mouth, but doesn't affect other types of pain.

Cough Suppression
Halls helps control moderate to light coughing with a good degree of effectiveness.

The only cough drop my family will use!

from Millville, NJ

Comments about Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cough Drops:

I haven't been too big of a Halls fan, until my husband insisted that these be purchased during a grocery store trip. Needless to say, once the cold hit our family, the Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cough Drops were completely necessary to helping our family make it through the sickness. The cough drops suppressed my cough and helped to take away some of the burning in my throat. I am not a huge fan of menthol tasting cough products, so the taste wasn't preferable. I would recommend these cough drops.

Congestion Relief
My throat felt a lot clearer and I felt there was less overall mucus in my throat when I used these cough drops. It took away the scratching, burning pain that often comes from a sore throat.

Chest Congestion Relief
I felt like there was less pressure in my chest when I used these cough drops.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Besides in my throat, these cough drops didn't really help with any of my other aches and pains at all.

Cough Suppression
I was coughing less when I used these cough drops.

Awesome!

Comments about Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cough Drops:

Super awesome these are. Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cough Drops are what any cough drops must taste like. No added flavors, just the ingredients required to soothe the dry and irritated throat and to suppress cough. These work three way: Fights coughs
Soothes sore throats and Cools nasal passages. If I am not wrong these come in a pack of thirty, out of which I hardly use fifteen to relieve myself and the remaining are consumes just to get fresh breath. Seriously, it works so well as a mouth freshener. The cough drops have never gone wrong, these provide instant relief and you feel much better after the first drop. Try it if you haven't. It is fairly priced, but definitely costlier when compared to store brands. If you do not hesitate spending a buck more then these are perfect. One drop if dissolved properly, lasts a good amount of time and it can be taken every one hour.

Haven't witnessed.

I love Halls

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cough Drops:

Whenever I have a terrible sore throat or cough I always turn to Halls to fix that. These Halls are completely amazing because they a delicious minty menthol flavor. I actually like these much better then the usual cherry flavor of Halls. They work amazing at suppressing my coughs and completely eases any pain I have in my throat. They also make it easier to breathe through my nose and out of my mouth without dry heaving.

These are the best cough drops I have every used and I never buy any other brands of cough drops besides Halls.

Congestion Relief
They aren't made for fighting or giving any congestion relief, but I do they make it easier to breathe because they stop me from coughing as much. The minty menthol flavor does help me slightly to be able to breathe through my nose.

Chest Congestion Relief
It helps to get rid of a sore throat but I find that it doesn't relieve chest congestion as much on its own. It does help a little but nothing as good as cough medicine. Using cough medicine and these halls together makes it bearable to have a cold though.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Cough drops definitely aren't made to get rid of aches, but these Halls do help get rid of the uncomfortable pain I have in my throat when it is sore.

Cough Suppression
Halls always relieves my coughs fast, and almost completely suppresses them entirely. In conjunction with a cough medicine, I find they completely get rid of my coughs, and sore throat pains.

• Cough Suppression:

Sooth your throat and relieve your cough with these

Comments about Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cough Drops:

I find that these Halls Mentho-Lyptus really make a huge difference for me when I am battling the worst of a cough and cold. The scent of them in your mouth helps to open up your sinuses and let you breathe easier. They also seem to sooth your throat, almost having a type of numbing effect on it.

Very strong!

Comments about Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cough Drops:

I dislike these cough drops because they are very very strong. I do not like the taste of them so I spit them out after being in my mouth for so long. I would prefer the weaker halls such as hall breezers. However, if you are really sick, then these are great for congestion and coughing.

Hurt My Teeth So I Had To Stop Using These

from Podunk, NY

Comments about Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cough Drops:

Although Halls are known to be one of the "go to" solutions for cough and sore throats, I have to say I had to stop using them. They were just way too rough on my teeth and didn't always do the best job for my throat or cough either. Because of the high sugar content and the hit and miss results I am rating these a 2 instead of higher.

Congestion Relief
I found that Hall's often did clear up my nose when I have a cold, but not always for a long time or as clear as I would have liked.

Chest Congestion Relief
I found that my chest cleared up about fifty percent of the time when using Hall's. I think perhaps the sugar in the tables irritated my lungs making them not work as well as they could have. I have problems with sugar and corn syrup related products.

Relief of Aches & Pains
I didn't see any relief of aches and pains in my body when I used Hall's but I did see throat pain relieved somewhat, so I guess that is some kind of relief.

Cough Suppression
Hall's does do a pretty good job of suppressing coughs for me. I found that really persistent coughing was not totally relieved, but most of the time it worked pretty well.

I love these things!

Comments about Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cough Drops:

For something so small and simple to help so much with colds & sore throats -- I love these things. They are also great for to use if you have a 'dry' throat. They have recently expanded their flavor offerings, so there are plenty of flavors to choose from. They also offer these in sugar-free varieties. I always keep a bag or two on hand all year long!

• Cough Suppression:

I take these everywhere! love!

Comments about Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cough Drops:

Not only do these not taste like some yucky cough syrup inhabited candy they actually work. I became pregnant with our second child and had to quit smoking I was a menthol smoker so when I would get sick the menthol in my cigarettes would normally ease the pain in my throat. Well i got sick right when I found out I was pregnant I was in so much pain I was tempted to go and smoke but instead I went to the grocery store and pickex some of these up they help with not only my throat but my congestion and loss of taste as well! Best cough drops i have ever used I wont use anything else ever. The only thing that it didnt exceed my expectations on was that if i dont keep them in my mouth while i have a cough it doesnt help much!

There is a reason Halls Cough Drops are a household name

from West Jordan, UT

Comments about Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cough Drops:

I first started buying the triple action Halls Cough Drops a few years ago. When I was younger, I really didn't like the taste, but as I've gotten older, I don't mind it and my mind associates it with helping my cough get better. Along with the smell--It really clears me out as I eat the cough drop--it makes my passages seem clearer and helps me breathe easier.

One downside--kids really seem to not like this kind of cough drop (probably because they don't taste like candy)

Another thing I like is that these cough drops are long lasting, I feel like I am sucking on them for a good half hour or so, and I appreciate that better value for my money. I would recommend these.

Nice product

Comments about Halls Mentho-Lyptus Cough Drops:

I really like these Hall cough drops but to be completely honest here, it's never really worked for me for cough. For some reason, I just really have a hard time finding anything that supresses my cough. But what these cough drops do do for me is they are excellent for sore throats. There is something about these drops that coat the throat and make it not hurt so much and allow me to swallow things. Can I say strep throat? Ouch! Another thing that I like about these drop is that the menthol in it seems to unplug my nasal passages and allow me breath again. So that's what I use these for - sore throats and stuffed up noses. It doesn't work for cough, at least for me it doesn't.