Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Halls Defense Supplement Drops

Pros

Cons

• Cough Suppression:

Yummy source of Vitamin C that also soothes dry, sore throats.

I'm constantly searching for anything that will give my very dry mouth and throat some much needed moisture. I take medications daily that leave me with the dreaded 'cotton mouth' and it drives me crazy! On top of that, I have Chronic Epstein Barr Virus which causes the lymph nodes in my throat to swell and my throat to hurt very badly. Add the two "conditions" together and I end up sounding like a frog when I talk, and sometimes I can't do much more than whisper. I have come to depend upon several of Hall's 'drops' to help me out and give my mouth and throat moisture so that my throat doesn't feel as if it is on fire and so that I can actually speak like a human being and not croak life a frog.

One of my favorite of Hall's products that I use regularly are **Halls Defense Vitamin C Supplement Drops**. Not only do these assorted citrus flavored drops moisten my throat and mouth, but they taste great and they provide 100% of the Recommended Daily Value of Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps support a healthy immune system, which is another thing I'm constantly aware of. I also like the facts that **Halls Defense Vitamin C Supplement Drops **are individually wrapped and come in an easy to open and close resealable bag. This is a great product with a lot of benefits!

Here is Hall's** description **of their **Halls Defense Vitamin C Supplement Drops**. *"100% daily value of vitamin C in each drop. All natural flavors**. **Easy Open - Resealable Bag. Halls Defense Vitamin C Supplement Drops help keep you going by helping to support your immune system. Every drop delivers 100% of the Daily Value of Vitamin C. Assorted Citrus Halls Defense Vitamin C Supplement Drops are available in the following all natural flavors: Lemon, Sweet Grapefruit, and Orange. Assortment in each package may vary."*

The **ingredients** are:* "Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Citric Acid, Flavorings (Natural), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Color Added (With Soy Lecithin),and Red 40 Lake (CI 16035).*

I like the benefits, taste, and packaging of **Halls Defense Vitamin C Supplement Drops **and I very highly recommend them.

Halls Defense Vitamin C Helps with your RDA

With colds and sinus problems, there are many annoyances and some have suggested that certain vitamins can help fight the common cold and/or speed the elimination of the cold virus from the body. Vitamin C is often praised for this purpose and that is what led manufacturer Halls to create **Halls Defense Vitamin C Supplement Drops**.

**Vitamin Drop Commentary:**

Halls Defense Vitamin C Supplement Drops are small, oval- shaped drops with a pleasant citrus flavor (lemon, orange, or grapefruit) and with 100 percent of the RDA of vitamin C per drop. They are easy to take and one can use as many as they deem necessary to help stave off a cold or speed up the recovery process.

I have certainly endured my share of sinus problems and colds and I have used just about every over- the- counter medicine on the market at some point. With colds, I usually try to eat well, drink orange juice, and follow the other guidelines to help defeat the cold virus more quickly. This is where Halls Defense Vitamin C Supplement Drops can help. They contain plenty of vitamin C and can help the body's immune system to fight the cold and eliminate the virus.

I like the Vitamin C benefits from this product, but before anyone goes out and buys these, he/she needs to realize that Halls Defense Vitamin C Supplement Drops are a vitamin supplement and nothing more. Many may purchase these thinking that, with Halls name on the package, they will contain special medicinces to help relieve coughs and sore throats. But this is not that type of product. It is nothing more than a Vitamin C delivery system, in small candy form. Each drop also contains four grams of sugar, so one needs to be careful not to take too many.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Halls Defense Vitamin C Supplement Drops are good for helping each of us boost our daily intake of Vitamin C and they certainly score points in this area. However, in spite of the Halls name on the package, they do nothing to directly alleviate cough, sore throat, or other cold symptoms. Vitamin C is beneficial and each of these drops contains a good dosage, but there are less expensive ways to get your RDA of this important vitamin. For these reasons, I can only rate them average overall.

Cough Suppression
Helps soothe the throat and control coughing

Halls Defense Made My Cold More Bearable

from Lilburn, Georgia

About Me Healthy Adult

Pros

• Easy To Administer
  • Effective
  • Good Flavor
  • No Side Effects
  • Promotes Healing

Cons

• Cough
    • Dry Mouth

Comments about Halls Defense Supplement Drops:

When I feel miserable with a cold I am careful about taking too much medicine. Medicated cough drops are only supposed to be used every two hours so Halls Defense Assorted Citrus Supplement Drops with Vitamin C are a nice addition to a cold care routine. They are tasty and help with the dry mouth you get with some cold medicines. Even a little fun. I like them even when I do not have a cold and since they are individually wrapped and small they are easy to take anywhere.

LOVE THESE

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Halls Defense Supplement Drops:

I absolutey love these vitamin c drops. Whenever I have a cold or sore throat I always take these. I do NOT like menthol as it makes me sick. But these have no mentol. They have a great taste and three yummy flavors. I can usually get them at any drugstore and they are pretty inexpensive. My husband likes them too. They help relieve his sore throat and congestion. They really keep my throat hydrated and they help me not to cough or have a sore and scratchy throat. These are my favorite drops and what a bonus that they have vitamin c too! These are high quality drops with citrus flavors and I even eat them sometimes when my throat doesn't hurt. They are very soothing and I love them. I would recommend them to anyone and even kids (old enough for hard candy) since they don't have menthol. They taste like candy but at least have vitmins and help your sore throat and cough. If they go on sale I stock up!

Tastes as Good as Candy

from MI

Comments about Halls Defense Supplement Drops:

Halls Defense Supplement Drops are a Vitamin C supplement drop that taste great. They are usually available in citrus flavor - which makes sense, since we are talking about Vitamin C. One bag usually has multiple flavors and they all taste really great. They are the size and shape of a typical cough drop, but these are really designed to deliver an extra dose of vitamin C, rather than really be a cough drop.

I don't think they necessarily help relieve coughing symptoms or help with an extremely sore throat, but if you have a dry, scratchy throat then these can be helpful and soothing by sucking on them.

I think the idea behind these is to help boost up your immunity to prevent a cold or the flu, but these really won't cure the problem once you are already ill. It would probably be smartest to take these before something hits to help prevent it, rather than buying a bag once you are sick.

Taste Great

Comments about Halls Defense Supplement Drops:

I like these cough drops when I start to feel myself getting sick with a sore throat. They come with quite a few in a package, and they taste wonderful, just like candy. I also like the added vitamin C in these cough drops to help me kick whatever illness I am fighting. The orange flavor is my least favorite of the citrus flavors they provide. The grapefruit and lemon are definitely the best tasting and usually the first ones gone when I open this package in my family. I almost wish that Halls would let you purchase just the one flavor you want instead of having to do the assorted flavors. I also feel like the price of these is very reasonable for the amount of cough drops you get. They work well on sore throats and to suppress coughs. I haven't noticed it helping with aches or pains really. More to prevent the sickness from getting worse then it is and to get that extra dose of vitamin C.

• Cough Suppression:

Great way to get extra vitamin C

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Halls Defense Supplement Drops:

I decided to try the Hall Defense Supplement Drops because I was looking for an extra source of vitamin C to have when I'm feeling sick. I've tried Emergency, I've tried Airborne, and I've even tried other vitamin C supplements, but this one is one of the best. It's inexpensive and it works well.

I wouldn't call these a cough drop because they don't work that well with reducing a cough or even coating your throat to make you feel better. I would describe them exactly what they are titled as, a supplement drop. They taste too good and citrusy to be a cough drop, and if you have a severe cough definitely would just stick to a regular cough drop.

They are great at giving an extra boost of vitamin C and aiding in making your cold go away faster since vitamin C is great for boosting your immune system. If you take these right as you feel a cold coming on they are great at making it go away completely. I used to suck on these right before I felt a sinus infection coming on and the vitamin C made me dodge a sinus infection completely.

If you are looking for a great tasting way to get vitamin C in your system I would definitely recommend these. If you are looking for a plain old regular cough drop then I would pass on these and just get regular Halls.

Congestion Relief
    I wouldn't say that these give any congestion relief at all, they are more of a supplement drop then a real cough drop. They will help you get over your cold faster which might make you think they're helping with congestion but they don't.

Chest Congestion Relief
    I don't feel any chest congestion relief from these either.

Relief of Aches & Pains
    These do not aid in the relief of aches and pains.

Cough Suppression
    I feel like these don't do that good of a job with cough suppression. They help slightly but wouldn't help with a severe cough. If you are looking for a good cough drop I would stick to regular Halls.

Great way to get Vitamin C

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Halls Defense Supplement Drops:

I bought these drops when I was suffering from a common cold and scratchy throat. I wanted something that would ease my throat and make it easier to talk. I thought these would be great since they had added vitamin c and I know I do not get the daily required amount.
    I found that these drops really helps me feel better. I could tell that my cold did not last as long as normal. They helped to relieve the scratchy throat and did not taste bad at all. I do not like many cough drops because of the taste, but these are not that bad at all. They have more of a refreshing taste.
    I carry these in my purse now and have at least one a day, I feel that this has really helped in keeping my immune system strong. I think these are a great easy way to get the added vitamin c in your diet.

Congestion Relief
    I could tell that these drops really did help with congestion and also helped me feel better.

Chest Congestion Relief
    I wouldn't think these would work really that well for cough congestion relief.

Halls Drops

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Halls Defense Supplement Drops:

During certain times of the year I find that I get sick more often than others. I always buy Halls cough drops because I know this product is helpful with head congestion and sore throat relief. I haven't notice any type of relief when it comes to helping with any type of chest congestion or coughing.

Since these cough drops contains vitamin c I figured these drops would help me from getting sick. I can't say for sure if these drops are doing just that but they do help me get relief from head congestion and ease my sore throat.

In my opinion these Halls Drops aren't any different than any of the other drops offered by Halls. The taste of these drops taste good but I prefer Halls Honey and Lemon flavored drops.

Congestion Relief
    This product does help relieve head congestion.

Not applicable.

Relief of Aches & Pains
    This product does help sooth my sore throat.

Cough Suppression
    I haven't noticed any improvement in suppressing my coughs.

Delicious Extra Vitamin C Boost

Comments about Halls Defense Supplement Drops:

This is a tricky product to evaluate. First off you must understand these are Not cough drops. When I first had these, my husband had bought a huge bag at BJ's and he thought they were cough drops. I decided to use them anyway because it appears they will help your immune system and give you added vitamin C to prevent colds. This is where the tricky part comes in, how do you tell if they do any of the above? They are certainly good at soothing a sore throat, so that is a bonus. But they have no menthol, so they do not numb the throat. The flavors are nice, orange, lemon, and a mouth puckering grapefruit. My children use these when they have a cold, but I don't think they make the cold better, just give them something to suck on, and the added vitamin C is nice. Since this is a supplement I would expect to find it in the vitamin section, however I have seen it in the cough and cold aisle, which is sort of misleading. Nice for added vitamins in your diet, not really for colds.

Congestion Relief
    There is nothing in this for congestion.

None

None

Cough Suppression
    Provides moisture for your throat, with added vitamin C

• Cough Suppression:

A yummy way to get your VitaminC

Comments about Halls Defense Supplement Drops:

Overall Halls Defense Supplement Drops are a yummy way to get some extra Vitamin C when you are feeling sick. They are not as harsh in flavor as other Halls products so you can actually enjoy taking them. Anytime I start feeling a cold come on I will get these to take and help boost my immune system. They work great at soothing your throat and also supply you with an extra boost of energy.

Congestion Relief
    Out of all the Halls products these are not the best at relieving congestion. That said though, because they are a halls product they are a lot better than other brands out on the market. I only say they are not the strongest Halls product because other ones are horribly harsh in flavor but really get the job done. These are a perfect combination.

Chest Congestion Relief
    Again these do not have the best Chest congestion relief out of all the Halls products but they still get the job done.

Relief of Aches & Pains
    They do not relief aches and pains but they do give you a boost of Vitamin C which will help your immune system

Cough Suppression
    Halls Defense help sooth your throat which will help suppress the urge to cough.

Tastes Like Candy

Comments about Halls Defense Supplement Drops:

I'm going to start off by saying these do taste like candy and not at all like a cough drop. I keep these in my desk at work in case of a tickle in the throat, but usually I will just eat them when I feel completely fine because they do taste like a nice citrus candy.
    I do not believe these have the capabilities to suppress a cough. I have used them when I have a cough, sore throat, or tickle in my throat, and they do absolutely nothing.
    Other than eating them like they are candy, if someone around me is sick or I start to feel like I am getting sick, I will pop a few of these in my mouth. They are loaded with Vitamin C.
    I guess I use these as my "just in case" or "emergency" cough suppressants. I would much rather use something that actually will suppress my cough or get rid of my sore throat than something that just tastes good!
    Halls is a good name for cough suppressants so I am rather disappointed in this product.