Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Halls Cough Drops

Pros

Cons

Halls Drops - good for cough & a sugar rush

I like these drops because they are inexpensive, reliable, and always around. I'm not a person who eats cough drops as a candy or to freshen my breath, but I do get sever colds and coughs during the harsh winter months and need to have some drops around for relief. Halls does a good job of providing relief and not sending me running for a toothbrush or for some lukewarm salt water to rinse out my mouth with to get rid of some foul taste. Halls doesn't have too much sugar, but if sugar is a problem for you, then you can opt for a sugar free cough drop that Hall's produces.

I also gave a bunch of these to my mom who has type II diabetes, just in case she is out someplace and needs to boost her sugar level. A mint or cough drop usually does the trick.

Also, Halls has a lot of coupons and instant win games where you can win coupons for free bags of Halls cough drops. I have come across people on-line who say they have won many times and have so many bags of Halls they can make a nice donation to a shelter, even after keeping plenty for their family.

Soothe Your Sore Throat With Pleasing Cherry Taste

I purchased these to have on hand for the winter months when you get that little tickle in your throat or a cough and plugged up nose that you were never expecting. With Halls I usually purchase the Menthol flavor but decided to try this for a change. The cherry flavor of these cough drops is detected immediately. Very nice tasting for a cough drop. I seem to have gotten rid of that "tickle in my throat" feeling I had originally started with. As far as handling my cough, I have none at the present, so therefore can't honestly leave a comment to that effect.

Congestion Relief
My nasal congestion was lightened up as I could feel the vapors really taking effect. All of a sudden I was breathing a bit better from my nasal passages, although not 100% clear. So for this reason I am giving an ok for the effectiveness of this.

Chest Congestion Relief

Relief of Aches & Pains
I had no expectations for this to actually relieve my aches and pains. This is a drop one would suck on to suppress that cough, runny or congestion of nasal passages and the sore throat or tickle we feel in our throats. If this did work for all our aches and pains we would, in all probability, be using these constantly.

Cough Suppression
As far as handling my cough, I have none at the present, so therefore can't honestly leave a comment to that effect. No cough, sorry folks, unable to comment on this one at this time.

Good Product

Comments about Halls Cough Drops:

I always take these cough drops when I have a bad cough. It does relieve your cough temporarily, but I do have to take several of them to get great relief. The taste isn't bad at all, and they have quite a few different flavors to choose from, which some of them taste really good. These cough drops do also help relieve a sore throat. They also now make the bags resealable, so when you get what you need out, you can seal them back up. I have had a few cough drops that have sat out, and the paper sticks to them, so this helps with that issue. I a, very satisfied with this product, and I would highly recommend it to anyone that needs relief from coughing.

Congestion Relief
Not really a product for congestion relief.

Chest Congestion Relief
Not a product for chest congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
It is not for relieving aches and pains, but it will help relieve a sore throat from coughing.

Cough Suppression
One of the best things to help relieve a cough and a sore throat you may get from coughing.

Work Great, hate Taste

from Jefferson, NH

Comments about Halls Cough Drops:

I gave this an 8 because they do work great, but I have to be really desparate to use them, as I can't stand the taste. They are way, way too strong tasting for my likes. So if you have a mile case, I wouldn't bother, but if you're suffering, these do work great. Only for coughs, I don't see that they do a thing as far as aches and pains go. I didn't see any help for chest congestion either, but for coughs, it works.

Temporary relief

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Halls Cough Drops:

I have used Hall Cough Drops on and off since I was a child and I have come to the conclusion that they are not worth the money. No matter what flavor I purchased they all have that same bitter medicine taste. When ever I had a sore throat or a dry throat I would pop one in my mouth from time to time. The drop would dissolve in my mouth in about 10-15 minutes. During this time the drop did provide some relief and it usually keeps my throat lubricated for about a hour. After the hour my throat discomfort comes back even stronger than before. Since it's only recommended to take one every 2-3 hours that leaves me back at square one for majority of the day. I usually end up only taking one before bed if I don't have NyQuil or Theraflu available. The drop will allow my throat to stay coated long enough for me to fall a sleep for a couple of hours. The only other use I have for Halls Cough Drops is that they keep my throat lubricated long enough to sing, especially in cold or dry rooms.

• Cough Suppression:

This flavor is not my favorite.

Comments about Halls Cough Drops:

I love love love cough drops like Halls as it is, less sticky for lips, but not this one. I somehow did not like the Cherry flavor. It worked great otherwise. The cough tablets are the must on the go when I have cough or rough throat or congested chest. these tine balls have always worked wonders. Other than helping to get rid of the pain and the problem they smell so good. The breath feels so refreshing and you feel so much better. The only thing I do not like about any cough drop is it makes it difficult to drink water for at least 15 minutes after I am done with the drop, otherwise these tiny balls are an easy way to take off the pain and the ailment. I have heard people soaking it in a glass of warm water and having it thereafter, though I have not tried it this way but would love to! I have always loved Halls cough drops and still do, it is just the Cherry flavor I did not like, else it works as good as a Halls product must.

Not for me!

from TN

Comments about Halls Cough Drops:

I have heard so many great things about Halls Cough Drops. I heard they work to soothe sore throats, unstop clogged noses, and help with coughs. I am sure that they work for a lot of people but not for me. They make me cough my head off. It is horrible. I almost can't catch my breath from coughing so hard. Not only do they make me cough they taste so bad! I have never been able to handle cough drops with menthol in them and these are no exception. I just can't handle these cough drops. They are not for me.

Congestion Relief
Halls Cough Drops really do open up my nose and help me be able to breath. If they did not make me cough I would use them just to help my nose. They are worth a try though because they are very affordable.

Relief of Aches & Pains
I'm not sure if these help with aches and pains. With coughing so much these cough drops do not help in that area for me.

Cough Suppression
Halls Cough Drops definitely do not help with my cough! They make it a hundred times worse!

• Cough Suppression:

Works great for a sore throat!

Comments about Halls Cough Drops:

Halls cough drops are great for sore throats. I probably have problems with sore throats about every few months. I have tried the Chloraseptic spray, DayQuil and the Chloraseptic Lozenges before and none of them works as well on my sore throat as Halls cough drops. I got almost instant relief from the pain that a sore throat causes. It made talking and swallowing less painful. Not only does the cough drops help with sore throats, but it also helps with sinus congestion. There were times I would be laying in bed and I couldn't sleep, because of how congested my nose was. As soon as I popped in a Halls cough drop, my sinuses opened up and I was able to breath better. The cherry flavored cough drops have a strong mentho taste to them, but works great at relieving coughs and sore throat symptoms. Halls cough drops are the number one brand I go to for relief, when I am suffering from a sore throat or cough.

• Cough Suppression:

Vaporizing, pain numbing relief.

Comments about Halls Cough Drops:

Halls Cough Drops are pain relieving with their soothing, numbing action. This, Halls calls "vaporizing" which is an apt word to describe this product. This numbing is stronger than other cough drops, and so is the best choice for anyone with a painful, sore throat. When you dissolve these cough drops in your mouth, you can feel a soothing, cold, numbness go over your throat. It's like eating a popsicle or ice cream, only without all the sugar. They taste alright too; nothing nasty or too "healthy" tasting with bitter herbs. If you're looking for instant pain relief from a sore throat, this powerfully "vaporizing" cough drops will give you immediate relief. The "vapor" also mentholates your mouth/throat and helps prevent coughing as well, as you breathe the fumes in deeply.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Rates very high in my book for relieving pain and irritation from sore throats.

Cough Suppression
One of the best cough drops out there for cough suppression.

• Cough Suppression:

very soothing and brings some relief

Comments about Halls Cough Drops:

Everytime I'm sick I always get a sore throat especially from coughing like crazy all day. It gets so irritating I mean no one likes to be sick. Its very calming to my throat and it minimizes my cough. It works quickly and it starts to clear my congestion. I always just let it sit on my tounge and let it dissolve on its own. There very strong and it soothes my sore throat, it makes me feel like I can breathe better. It clears my nasal congestion and any mucus I have. I love how these cough drops are affordable to buy. Its great in taste its not nasty tasting. I love how it juss relieves my stuffed up nose. I hate having my nose feel plugged but this clears it so I can breathe through my nose. I always feel better when using these cough drops. There perfect for on the spot relief. I would recommend this for everybody you never know when your going to get sick, I always have at least 2 bags in my room just incase and a few in my purse for on the go.

• Cough Suppression:

The best cough drops out there.

Comments about Halls Cough Drops:

The are by far the best cough drops in my own opinion. From my experience, these have the best taste, and you can feel the effects working almost immediately.! You won't have to bear a terrible taste that you don't like because they have a variety of different flavors. A great product to take straight or let soak and dissolve in a nice warm glass of green tea. The blend is just perfect. I recomend this product to anyone feeling under the weather. It's great tasting and very effective in my book. A great product overall.

Great cough drops

Comments about Halls Cough Drops:

Halls cough drops are great. They give a nice cooling feeling when your throat is just on fire.

Cough Suppression
The cooling feeling that halls cough drops really helps you during a cold. It relives some of the pressure in your chest and really helps sur press a really bad cough.