Other Cold & Flu Medicines:
Halls
Halls Breezers Cough Drops

Halls Breezers Cough Drops

• Cough Suppression:

Halls Brrezers make my terribly sore throat feel so much better!

If you have a sore throat and don't want to constantly take Tylenol or Ibuprofen for the pain, you should give **Halls Breezers Pectin Throat Drops, Creamy Strawberry** a try. Read complete review

My throat is always sore because I take medications that make my mouth and throat extremely dry, plus I have a chronic virus called Epstein Barr that also makes my throat raw and sore most of the time. My throat actually hurts more often than it doesn't hurt, but these individually wrapped drops give me a lot of relief and I am so glad I ran across them at the drug store.

**Halls Breezers Pectin Throat Drops, Creamy Strawberry** help moisten my mouth and throat and make it easier to talk, eat, and drink. They come in a convenient bag that's resealable, and they even taste good. Not terrific...but good.

Product Description:
*"Relieves sore mouth and throat symptoms. Great taste. For minor discomfort and irritated areas."*

Directions For Use:
*"Adults and children 5 years and over: Dissolve 1 or 2 drops (one at a time) slowly in the mouth. Repeat as needed. Children under 5 years: Ask a doctor before use."*

Active Ingredients
*Pectin - 7 mg Oral Demulcent.*

Inactive Ingredients:
*Beta Carotene, FD&C Blue 2, FD&C Red 40, Flavors, Glucose Syrup, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose, Sodium Chloride, Soy Lecithin, Sucrose, Titanium Dioxide, and Water.*

If your throat is dry or irritated, for whatever reason, I highly recommend giving **Halls Breezers Pectin Throat Drops** a try. They have soothed my throat many times and they really do taste good, too.

Congestion Relief
Halls Fruit Breezers Throat Drops do not contain ingredients for relief of congestion.

Chest Congestion Relief
Halls Fruit Breezers Throat Drops do not contain ingredients for chest congestion relief.

Relief of Aches & Pains
These drops give my dry, sore throat a lot of pain relief. However, that's the only type of pain relief they provide. They do not contain pain relievers such as Ibuprofen or Tylenol.

Cough Suppression
When my throat is dry and raw, I usually tend to cough. When these drops moisten my throat, I don't cough as often...so they aren't wonderful in providing cough suppression, but they do help some.

Halls Fruit Breezers Taste Great but Offer Little Relief

Easy to take and very convenient, cough drops of different brands and flavors are very popular as a means to cough control. Halls is the biggest name in this market and one of its tastiest products is **Halls Fruit Breezers Cool, Creamy Strawberry.**

**Medicine Commentary:**

Halls Fruit Breezers Cool, Creamy Strawberry takes care of business through its active ingredient Pectin (7 mg), which acts as an oral demulcent. It relieves some of the symptoms associated with sore throat and sore mouth, which in turn can help to reduce the instance of coughing, although not by much.

Halls Fruit Breezers Cool, Creamy Strawberry is one of the best tasting of the Halls brand name product line and the flavor alone will encourage many to use this flavored drop, possibly even when they don’t really need it. The manufacturer recommends dissolving one or two drops in the mouth and then repeating as needed. Anyone age five and older is safe to use this medicine.

Halls Fruit Breezers Cool, Creamy Strawberry certainly taste good, but the relief they provide isn’t suitable for an intense cough or sore throat. I like to think of these not as a medicine to use when I have a cold, but rather as something to use when I have minor mouth pain, such as the pain you get when you develop small sores from eating too much acidic food. Other than that, there just isn’t enough medicinal power in this product to make it useful for a serious cold.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Halls Fruit Breezers Cool, Creamy Strawberry are certainly great tasting, but their usefulness is limited to only the most minor sore throat, sore mouth, or cough. They cannot handle much else, but they are tasty and do come through when the pain is minor.

Cough Suppression
They do very little to reduce coughing.

Title is misleading. Hall Breezers are not Cough Drops

from Oregon

About Me Healthy Adult

Pros

• Easy To Administer
  • Effective
  • Good Flavor
  • Promotes Healing
  • Relieves Symptoms Fast

Cons

• Causes Side Effects

• Sore Throat

Comments about Halls Breezers Cough Drops:

Most people write about how the drops sorta helped their cough or did not help their cough, but that they work great on sore throats... If you read the front of the bag it clearly states... "Halls Breezers; Soothes everyday throat irritations, Great Taste." No where on the bad does it say cough suppressant. If you flip the bag over and read under uses it states: "-Temporarily relieves the following symptoms associated with sore mouth and sore throat: *minor discomfort *irritated areas". THESE ARE NOT COUGH DROPS! They work GREAT for their INTENDED purpose! Soothing a sore throat! :D

Title is misleading. Hall Breezers are not Cough Drops

from Oregon

About Me Healthy Adult

Pros

• Easy To Administer
  • Effective
  • Good Flavor
  • Promotes Healing
  • Relieves Symptoms Fast

Cons

• Causes Side Effects

• Sore Throat

Comments about Halls Breezers Cough Drops:

The only cough drops I'll use.

from Brookfield, OH

Comments about Halls Breezers Cough Drops:

I refused to use cough drops until trying these. They tasted nasty and didn't work well, but these have given me a completely different experience. I won't leave my house without a handful of these in my purse during flu and cold season. It really is like a cool, fruity breeze. I recommend Halls Breezers cough drops 100 percent.

Relief of Aches & Pains
It makes breathing a lot easier on my throat. It has that feeling like you're drinking cold water after chewing mint gum, which is something I'd personally welcome if my throat was sore. It's just not as cold as that experience.

Cough Suppression
Most of the time, it will help with coughing and make it almost stop completely for a while. On the occasions that it does not stop the coughing, it at least makes coughing a less painful and violent experience. These really do help a lot. If you have somewhere to go and things to do and do not wish to deal with coughing loudly and often, these are your best option.

• Cough Suppression:

Somewhat help your cough.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Halls Breezers Cough Drops:

These cough drops have the great appeal of the flavors of them, they have different flavors that are all cream mixed with fruit type flavors that are all actually good and taste more like a piece of candy then any kind of medicine. This makes them easy for anyone to take these and use them, I like them and so does my children, there is never any fight to take a cough drop when I have these in my house. Although these have a wonderful taste to them, they are not very effective for more than a couple of minutes. They do help with a cough, but it seems within five minutes of the cough drop being gone my cough is always back and I am reaching for another one of these. The fact that they taste so good is because they use a lot of sugars in them when they make them, so having a lot of these is just not a very good or a healthy idea and they are not something that I want in mine or my families body, there are definitely better cough drop options.

• Cough Suppression:

Amazing taste, but not so amazing as a cough drop.

from Millville, NJ

Comments about Halls Breezers Cough Drops:

The only reason I keep buying the Halls Breezers Cough Drops is because these are the only cough drops my teenage daughter will use, since she complains all other cough drops taste nasty. These cough drops are affordable, and are very easy to find. I like to use these cough drops as a break from the other ones, so I can get some relief without tasting the bitter taste like other cough drops. They provide a decent amount of relief, for both chest congestion and my throat. It did nothing however for providing relief for the throat pain I was experiencing. It helped to suppress my cough a little bit, but not as much as I would have liked. I would recommend the Halls Breezers Cough Drops for anyone who doesn't like the taste of cough drops, but wants some relief.

Congestion Relief
The best thing about the Halls Breezers were the congestion relief they provided. The relief lasted for about an hour before I needed another cough drop.

Tasty!

from Spencerport, NY

Comments about Halls Breezers Cough Drops:

I have never been much of a fan of cough drop because of their awful smell and taste. I had an awful sore throat due to a sinus infection and my sister offered these to me and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. They were quite delicious...like eating a piece of candy that is not grossly sweet! They did a nice job of keeping my throat from getting dried out and more sore. Of course nothing is going to work as good as antibiotics and what not when you are sick, but these are good for making the workday more bearable!

Relief of Aches & Pains
Did not alleviate any congestion I was having but did temporarily help my throat

Cough Suppression
Still had some coughing fits but these did help to make them less severe

I Sorta Think They are Gross

from MI

Comments about Halls Breezers Cough Drops:

I hate to say it, but I just don't love these. I know the idea behind these is to be a great-tasting cough drop, better than the usual menthol-y kind, but I just don't like them.

To me, the best part about a cough drop, is that super-cooling menthol flavor that makes your throat feel nice and icy when it's sore. A strawberry flavored cough drop just does not have the same effect. I am sure I'm in the minority saying this, but they are just gross to me, and if I wanted a strawberry flavored drop, I would eat a sucker or a piece of candy. If i'm looking to ease my sore throat or alleviate my cough, I prefer the standard Halls variety with the super cooling sensation.

If you have just a tickly cough or scratchy throat, these will likely work. But if you are really terribly sick, these probably won't do the trick.

Cough Suppression
Sucking on these may help suppress your cough for a short time, as with any lozenge.

• Cough Suppression:

A cough drop that Taste Good!

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Halls Breezers Cough Drops:

My family and I have used Hall's throat and cough drops for many years and even as a child I remember my mom had Halls. Back then, they were horrible with a strong mentholated taste, almost a punishment if you had to have one! Hall Breezers cough drops come in a variety of flavors and all of them are great . I love the strawberry and cream flavor. None of them are over medicated with that awful menthol taste. they help to ease congestion and a cough and help a sore throat feel better. They are reasonably priced and you find them in the cough and flu medicine section of your drugstore. i really like them especially because they subdue a cough and when you are at work or school, it can be very annoying , not only to yourself , but to others around you to listen to it. I would recommend them to anyone. You can be sure that there will be a flavor that you will like that will help get you over the itchy throat and stuffy nose.

Tasty Cough Drops

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Halls Breezers Cough Drops:

I am not usually one for taking medication that I will have to taste, I usually prefer only taking pills that can be swallowed instantly and not tasted. These Halls breezers are an exception. These taste so good they are just like eating candy. I will normally eat more than I need to when I have a sore throat if I have these on hand. They do have a couple different flavors but the strawberry and cream is my favorite flavor they make. They not only taste good but are good at providing temporary relief of a sore throat. They do contain a small amount of medication that helps numb your throat a bit while sucking on them. These are not for long lasting results though. The numbing effect only lasts for about ten to fifteen minutes after finishing the cough drop. The soreness does return after this. So the options are to eat some more or find another option that may coat the throat for longer lasting relief. I have a permanent sweet tooth so I do not mind just sucking on as many as I need to relieve my sore throat with these Halls breezers.

Love these!

Comments about Halls Breezers Cough Drops:

These are the ONLY cough drops I will use! I love all the flavors. They taste like candy, rather than a cough drop. I cannot stand the "menthol" in regular cough drops. These have no menthol, but they do have a slight cooling to them. I keep them in my house year around. Then when I need them, I keep them everywhere...bed side table, kitchen, bathroom, purse, locker at work and most importantly in my pockets. They really do help to quiet the cough.

Congestion Relief
Not really meant to help with congestion.

Chest Congestion Relief
Not really meant to help with chest congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
nothing in them to help with aches and pains.

Cough Suppression
Because they taste so good, you don't mind keeping them in your mouth to help suppress your cough! Just having something to help keep your mouth moist and to allow you to keep swallowing, is usually enough to help with the cough. I like the cherry the best, but it is nice to have more than one flavor available to switch out, all the flavors are yummy!