3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

best way to avoid going to the laundromat

My family has had this little machine for awhile now. We live in a small apartment and there's no shared laundry room for the tenants. We've had this machine for a few years. It's saved us a lot of money on taking laundry outside. We do have to do lots of loads though. It's not a full sized machine and can only take a certain amount of clothes in it. Due to the size constraint, we do have to do laundry multiple times a week and/or multiple times per day (back to back loads etc). It's pretty easy to hook up. However be sure the the discharge hose is secured properly prior. I was really stupid one time and only realized too late and water got discharged onto the kitchen floor (floor got all screwed up afterwards due to water damage). It's a very good machine and is super handy (if you don't mind the size) for people living in apartments.

Does it's job...

I've owned this washer for a year and a half. We originally bought it so that we could easily wash our sons cloth diapers and not have to spend money in our apartment buildings coin-op machine. It washed the dirt diapers great! Also washed baby clothes perfectly. I could get a weeks worth of clothes in the machine. I don't recommend washing too many long sleeve adult shirts together because the sleeves tend to tangle something awful. My rule of the thumb is to wash 1 long sleeve shirt, 1 short sleeve shirt, 1 pair of pants and a few underwear and pairs of socks in one load. My only complaint on this machine is that the lid to the machine is very flimsy and the hinge area tend to break. We went thru 4 different lids in one year. After the first one broke, I was even extra careful to close the lid gently and not to let it slam and the hinge still broke. I would highly recommend buying a extended warranty on this product because it does tend to break for many customers. The first time you need to make a service call, the extended warranty will pay for itself.

Energy Efficiency
The regular cycle only lasts about 23 minutes, so it doesn't take long time operating.

Quick cleaning time

Cleans well but could use improvement on a faster spin cycle.

Easy buttons naivgation

The lid needs definite improvement

We've gone thru 4 lids and when our machine's balancing mechanism broke, our the company that serviced our extended warranty, sent us a full refund for the washer machine so the cost fix was going to be too expensive to warrant fixing. If it was made with higher quality parts this thing would be worth double the average cost it is currently.

A compact mini washer that hooks easily to a sink faucet

Comments about Haier Pulsator Portable Washer:

This washer seemed to wash the clothes very well. However, after the first few uses, we noticed that the water hose connecting the sink and machine was leaking from the end attached to the machine. I am preparing to contact the company to see if it can be repaired,

Cleaning Time
The cycle is very short, lasting around 20 minutes. It seems to clean the clothes very well in this time.

The actual washing seems to work very well. It holds a surprising amount of clothes, and seems to wash them adequately with very little lint production. My only complaint is that the water hose leaked after the first few uses. I do not know if a replacement hose would solve the problem, or if it is a larger defect with the machine itself.

The unit plugs into a regular outlet for power. The water hose easily connects to a standard bathroom faucet once you remove the aerator, and the drain hose hooks handily over the side of the sink. The unit comes with casters so it can be easily moved within the room you are using it. The actual washing process is incredibly easy.

If you put too much into the basket or fail to balance the load properly, it can rattle and/or bang into the sides of the machine while running. Also, it really shouldn't leak.

It leaked after just 3 uses, and I am not certain how easy it will be to repair. It also made worrying rattling noises while washing, and seemed to be cheaply made overall.

Tough on Dirt and Clothes

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Haier Pulsator Portable Washer:

When I first bought the Haier Pulsator Portable Washer HLP21N, I was only washing clothes for 2 people, so it was fine. It is designed to handle small loads of laundry and fit great in our tiny apartment. I could fit quite a bit inside the basket since there was no agitator. The basket rotates and pulses (hence the name). When my family expanded, the Haier Pulsator Portable Washer HLP21N wasn't enough so I had to get a full-sized washing machine. We still have the Haier Pulsator Portable Washer HLP21N as a backup machine and I use it for small loads of diapers.
The Haier Pulsator Portable Washer HLP21N is perfect for apartments because it doesn't take up much space.
There are two drawbacks to point out. One is that the Haier Pulsator Portable Washer HLP21N is quite tough on clothes. This could also be due to washing them more frequently since the load size is so small, but it seems that the pulsing action of the basket wore down my clothes rather quickly.
The other issue I had was with the water hose. Several times, it wasn't connected exactly right and we ended up with a flood!
Other than these issues, I love my Haier Pulsator Portable Washer HLP21N as a compact and convenient washing machine.

Pretty quick

A lot of wear and tear on clothing

Compact

Make sure everything is securely fastened

• Cleaning Time:

I love my little Haier washer

Nice Portable Washer

from Lake Villa, IL

Comments about Haier Pulsator Portable Washer:

For a portable washer this is great. Does it compete with a non-portable washer? No, but for what it is you cannot really ask for more. Washes clothes well and is pretty easy to use.

Energy Efficiency
The information that came with the washer said it was not the most energy efficient thing out there, but considering it is only plugged in when you actually use it, it is not bad.

Cleaning Time
This machine actually washes clothes pretty fast, 20-30 minutes at most for all loads.

Washes clothes well, but avoid filling the machine too full or really heavy materials as they bog down the washer.

It may take a little getting used to, but it works great and is leaps and bounds ahead of some of the portable washers out there in this price range.

Good overall design. All you have to install is the bottom plate and the adapter and you are good to go. Just do not take the little zip tye off of the water out spout(as I did and I assume many did as they actually give you extra for that reason).

Seems pretty durable, although I would avoid overfilling it too much as it gets pretty loud and shakes a little violently.

• Cleaning Time:

Love the portability of it!

from Florida

Comments about Haier Pulsator Portable Washer:

I tend to have a love hate relationship with this washing machine, I live in an apartment with no washer/dryer hookups so I chose to go with this portable washing machine based on price and reviews. And overall it is amazing and very helpful. But at times it has a tendency to beep at me prompting me to move the clothes around during the spin cycle because it is too heavy on one side. I find sometimes it will wash the clothes straight through in about 25-30 mins and other time it will take a bit longer. It gets quite annoying because for the most part i keep the loads small and do not overfill the machine. A normal day of washing clothes should take about 2 hours or so depending on the amount of clothes there is to wash, but I find with this smaller machine it take at least 5 hours to complete all of my laundry on laundry day. But, that isn't something that keeps me from loving this machine. It is very easy to hook up to the kitchen sink, and considering it has a spin cycle that gets the clothes very close to being dry. So I do recommend it if you have lack of space and hookups for a normal sized machine.

Energy Efficiency
My energy bill has not gone up by much since purchasing this washing machine so I find it to be very energy efficient.

Cleaning Time
Depending on the loads, it can finish in about 20-30 minutes.

Very simple to use, the buttons are very self explanatory.

The shape is a bit odd, but it is fine for me.

Worse Washing Machine I've ever owned

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Haier Pulsator Portable Washer:

The first washing machine that arrived, I had to immediately call customer service. The machine had an enormous dent on the left side. They ordered another machine (without charge) and the carrier delivered the second one and picked up the damaged one.

The second machine looked fine, but did not work properly. Washing was fine except while it rinsed. During the rinse cycle water would leak from the bottom of the machine onto the entire kitchen floor area causing a flood. Though most of the water would go through the hose into the kitchen sink, had to lay bath towels under the machine and around it to catch the water every time I washed. This washing machine looks good on the outside, but it was a disappointment to use. Glad those days are over.

Energy Efficiency
Waste water; floods onto kitchen floor

Cleaning Time
Additional cleaning: washing wet bath towels and mopping kitchen floor.

Does it's job...

from Merrimack, NH

Quick cleaning time

Cleans well but could use improvement on a faster spin cycle.

Easy buttons naivgation

The lid needs definite improvement

• Cleaning Time:

Very useful! But be careful!

from Madison, WI

Comments about Haier Pulsator Portable Washer:

I recently purchased this little washer for my new home, just to wash baby clothes. It is 1 cu ft. It does not take much of your space. It helps keep your baby's clothes clean and separated from adults' stuff. Very useful if you live in an apartment and only have on-site laundry room. It takes about 30 mins to wash one round. It shakes while working, but don't worry, that's very normal. The max capacity is about 10-15 man's T-shirt. It's ok to wash jeans, but don't put in linens or other big stuff, or it might flood. So far so good.

Powerful Little Machine

from Jackson, NJ

Comments about Haier Pulsator Portable Washer:

This small washer is perfect for smaller loads. I get 5 tee shirts, 5 pairs of undies, 5 pairs of socks and 1 pajama bottom in there and it really whips them clean. The only shame of it is that there's no 2nd rinse option, which you can by-pass by running the same load a 2nd time through with the Quick Wash cycle. Not a bad deal considering the small amount of water this machine takes.

Cleaning Time
Fast and effective with a "Quick Wash" cycle for people who really are in a hurry.

Exceptional cleaning, the pulsating really seems to knead out the stains.

Push buttons will make you feel like Jane Jetson.

Small and easy to fit in a small area.

So far I can't say, but it seems to be holding up as I use it quite often and sometimes punishingly.

best way to avoid going to the laundromat