View more dehumidifiers

3.3

Will not last!!!!!!!

from Johnston, IA

Comments about Haier Pint Dehumidifier:

We bought it in the fall of 2009. Ran it April to September of 2010. This year it will not work. When you call support they will tell you it is out of warranty and you must take it to a service provider for parts only. Our old machine lasted 20 years and is still going at our in-laws house. How can it quit after only 6 months of use?

Haier Dehumidifier gets me dry

from Doylestown, PA

Comments about Haier Pint Dehumidifier:

Picture this....Townhome, laundry room in the basement, wet clothes, do not want to throw in the dryer becasue of shinking effect, winter time and no place to dry the clothes. That is where the Haier Dehumidifier comes into play. Not only does it effectively dry my hanging wet clothes in the basement, but it also keeps all the other moisture out too. I run a dehumidifier constantly and the Haier Dehumidifier keeps trucking along. While it does run a little loud, but which on doesn't. It does the job. Earlier this year my hot water heater developed a hair line crack and started leaking. I only notice since the dehumidifier bucket was full, otherwise the Haier Dehumidifier would have kept picking up the moisture.

Haier Dehumidifier Model #DE45EA 45 Pint is a decent worker.

from Princeton, MN

Comments about Haier Pint Dehumidifier:

This dehumidifier is a decent worker is dries out large spaces pretty well. I have had if for some time and used it many times to dry up my basement and to dry up the carpents after the carpet cleaner people have bee out. So I like how long it has worked well for us. Everytime I empty the water accumulation container I am amazed at how much water it picks up. If I had to mention a negitive I would say it would be that fact that I can definitately tell when I have had the Dehumidifier on because my electic bill goes way up. So I wish it were more energy efficient. Other wise, I have liked it keeping my basement dry. I also wish they made them more friendly to the eye. All in all I would give it a try!

Works like a champ

from Scottsdale, AZ

Comments about Haier Pint Dehumidifier:

This unit runs quietly and non-stop.  It pulls the humidity out of the basement like a champ.  It pulls from an area twice as large as the recommendation and does a terrific job.  The first unit has worked more than 3 years with no issues.  We would definately purchase the Haier model again.  Well worth the money.

Poor Quality and Not Energy Efficient

from Montgomery Village, MD

Comments about Haier Pint Dehumidifier:

This unit is very inefficient in dehumidifying the air. I did a comparison study with a 35-pint Kenmore brand humidifier, borrowed from a friend, to test how well it compares to this Haier humidifier. To my surprise, the Kenmore humidifier was able to reduce the humidity from 65% to 50% in an hr as opposed to 3 hrs on this Haier brand. It is interesting that this unit is labeled Energy Star, when it is not. At 740 Watts/hr for 3 hrs, this unit burned about 2220 watts.

The US Energy Department needs to have a tight quality control on companies so only the true energy efficient products can have that energy star label.

This product shows Haier's poor quality control program and misleading marketing tactics. This product is made in China!

I highly recommended the Haier Dehumidifier, the best ever

from Onsted, MI

Comments about Haier Pint Dehumidifier:

I highly recommended the Haier Dehumidifier model #DE45EA. This is an energy efficient  product that covers my entire basement (1200 sq.ft.). This is the  best dehumidifier I have ever owned. I bought it on sale at Menard's Hardware, but I would have paid much more. I have and will continue to recommend this product to family and friends.