3.9
Haier Air Conditioner

Haier Air Conditioner

3.9

Great product for the price

We bought the Haier Room Air Conditioner right before the heat of the summer.  It was going to be used on a large room (16' x 18') in an upstairs area which was converted from an attic.  The room was insulated, but it was still an "attic."  To our surprise, it only took about 10 minutes for the temperature to start dropping at the heat of the day.  It seems to be a powerful unit with many settings.

The outside of the unit is a white plastic...nothing to write home about.  You should put it as close to a window as possible as it has a vent (like a dryer vent) to hook to your window.  This is SO much better than a regular window unit.  The piece that inserts into the window is only about 5 inches high, so you can still look out the window and have all the light come in, plus you are not lifting a heavy unit higher than your chest to install!

I will say that it is like any other air conditioner in that it still will have noise.  This did not bother us too much.  We really didn't notice it after a day or so.

It's nice to be able to put this a/c unit in a closet or garage to store when not needed.  It doesn't have to stay in the room and take up any space during the cooler months.

If needed, we would buy this product again and I have already recommended it to people I am in touch with.

hair cprd air conditioner made my day!

I must say I was a little skeptical intially when I bought this product because I've hear the haier cprd 12xc7 are made in China and we all know about quanity vs quality in China. I can say ti does a very good job of keeping an averaged sized bedroom cool in the low 60"s eveon very hot days. I just hope the product doesn't burn out on my in just one summer. I must say the caster wheels roll very well and the exhaust duct is well made and helps the air circulate better. I must say the product is very noisy at times like even in the bedroom you could hear the compressor click on and off and the fan noise is only quiet on the low setting. I don't think I would invest in this product again if I had to especially being made in China, no offense but, products are made cheap and not very good quality. I don't think the hair kicks out enought btu's and isn't quiet compared to other compramble portabal air conditioners. I've already bought it so I can't take it back but, believe me I would not spend any money on buying this product again, not that it's all that bad just not worth it.

Great product for the price

from Atlanta, Georgia

Comments about Haier Air Conditioner:

hair cprd air conditioner made my day!

from Winston Salem, NC

It Does the Job

from West Covina, CA

Comments about Haier Air Conditioner:

I spend a lot of time in my computer room. I'm either working or doing a little gaming and during the summer it can get a bit unbearable. My house does not have air conditioning unit so I needed something that would help me get through the summer. I came across the Haier CPRD12XC7 Air Conditioner as I was shopping around. I decided on portable AC unit instead of the window type because I only have 1 window in that room and I like to keep it open most of the time (excluding summer). It would be paint to have to take it down and put it back up every year.

After a quick installation, I noticed it started to cool my medium sized room fairly quickly. Although, I was able to sit at the computer without getting frustrated over the heat, I created a new problem. These little AC units are extremely noisy. I know they are all like this and if I wasn't in my room working I really wouldn't mind all too much, but when you need to consetrate, I can get really frustrating.

If you don't mind the noise, it works well.

Compact is awesome

from San Bruno, CA

Comments about Haier Air Conditioner:

I love this air conditioner! I can move it into any room and pack it way during the winter when I don't need it. The size of this air conditioner fits perfectly into a hall closet. I looked at other brands and Haier is the only brand that I could find that was reasonable price for this size air conditioner. Like most air conditioners it does make some noise but its not really that loud. I haven't had any complaints from my neighbors about it. My only complaint some far is that if I need replacement parts, Haier is not avaible everywhere so it might become difficult to find.

So far this is the second product from Haier that I own and I have no major complaints. I've seen other reviews for their products and I don't understand why some comstumers problems with their products. I found that instructions very easy to read. Installation was quick. I had the conditioner going in a few minutes after I got it out of the box.

Haier CPRD12XC7 Air Conditioner

from Lewisville, TX

Comments about Haier Air Conditioner:

My hubby and I bought this airconditioner last week when it was hot here in Texas. What a great investment this product is. I love the remote control, instant access to cool down. This air conditioner is perfect size to cool down a good sized room. We have one in the living room and one in our bedroom and it cools down the whole house. The only problem that we have had with the air conditioner is the remote battery, it doesnt quite fit right the way that it is suppose to. So we stuck the battery in all the way without the battery cover and it works great that way.

Nice little room ac

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Haier Air Conditioner:

I purchased this air conditioner to control the environment in a small communications closet.  When I purchased it I had seven servers in a room that is about 6 X 10.  It kept the room below seventy degrees.  When I added the eighth server the room stayed in the low to mid seventies.  Later I had to add servers nine and ten.  This is where the Heier Air Conditioning unit could no long keep up with the temperature.  I was very impressed that it could keep up to that point.  Any time I turn the air conditioning off in that room the temperature will spike to over one hundred degrees in about ten minutes.  I never had a problem with humidity or anything else.  If you have a room you needed cooled and have ventilation to the outside this is a nice little unit.  I had a peer with a similar problem and he was able to solve it as well.  The unit can be a little noisy but what room air conditioner isn't.  I would recommend this unit.

cools efficiently; convenient to use

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Haier Air Conditioner:

The air conditioner is very easy to set up. The wheels are already attached and the base is connected.  We bought this so we would not have to get help putting in a window air conditioner each summer.  However,  you do have to attach the air outlet hose and the air intake hose to the back of the machine. There are nozzles that extend to the window to bring in and exchange the air that is going to be cooled.  There is a window kit included to install in one window permantly if you choose to.   The air conditioner comes with 3 cooling speeds as well as three fans. On top of the air conditioner is a LCD display screen that shows the mode and  temperature at the back of the machine, as well as what the air temperature is that the machine is putting out.   Cold air comes out immediately.  It can also easily be moved to a different room.  It performs effienctly and we would definitely recommend this.

Haier CPRD12XC7 Air Conditioner is the best Air conditioner in t

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Haier Air Conditioner:

The Haier CPRD12XC7 Air Conditioner is a no-frills, budget window unit, but reviews say it cools very well. It is suitable for a small room of about 150 square feet, and owners say it is quiet. The Haier CPRD12XC7 Air Conditioner is not Energy Star-rated and has a mechanical dial instead of a remote control. As with most window units, we did read some complaints about durability. If you are looking for an energy-efficient air conditioner and are willing to pay more, reviews recommend the Haier CPRD12XC7 Air Conditioner. It can cool a slightly larger room and has a low profile chassis that doesn't block as much natural light through your window. Our interest was first piqued by the Haier's price tag. It has a built-in dehumidifier, which can be helpful in homes where moisture or humidity is an issue. An electrostatic air filter helps trap dust and allergens, which can be a benefit for some users.

I really like this product

from Milledgeville, GA

Comments about Haier Air Conditioner:

I really like this product for a variety of reasons. It has exceptional quality for such a cheap product to begin with. Secondly, I really think it was worth the money, especially in todays economy. If you want a great product at an affordable price, then this is the air conditioner for you. Check it out and leave a review to pass on the good news.

Air Conditioner

from North Chicago, IL

Comments about Haier Air Conditioner:

This Conditioner is really good it provides what you need and at a good price.It is designed for hot and cold it is a really good conditioner and it is the best i've ever seen .You all should buy it cause i recomend it and when i recomend it it means it is the best so go to the  listed stores and buy this awsome air conditioner that will really help you when you need it the most so go buy it.This conditioner is the best when its hot it is the best and when its cold its the best too.