View more air conditioners

Haier 5,200 BTU Air Conditioner

Haier 5,200 BTU Air Conditioner

3.7

This Haaier Air conditioner is great

The Haier Air Conditioner - HWX058C7 is really a great air conditioner. I love this air conditioner very much and especially adore the wa y that it can cool down a hot room rather quickly. I had to research about various air conditioning units before I made my purchase and I ultimately came down to the decision that this air conditioner from Haier was the one for me. I noticed that with some of the other air conditioning units that the prices was a bit too high and some of them did not even offer as much as this Haier unit does.This Haier Air Conditioner is really good and at an affordable price as well. My old air conditioning unit cost a good amount of money and I figured that since I was spending  a lot of money that this would be worth it. However I was really mistaken and I regret ever spending so much money on an airconditioning unit that gave me so much problems. I competely trust the Haier name as they have consistently made good products that are strong and durable.

Very noisy

I would not buy this brand again. The noise that it makes is really quite irritating. At first I thought that something must be hitting the fan and I called the company to ask about it and it is a normal function but I am not the first person to complain how noisy it is.

They told me that the way the Air conditioner is designed is that some of the water that condenses from the air is put in a pan and then sloshed onto the cooling fins as part of it’s cooling process. This noise is terrible. There is the sound of a fan that is normally loud but on top of the fan noise is the sound of water being splashed and thrown around and really it sounds as if the fan is hitting a piece of plastic. They did say that all of their A/C’s run this way, not just the cheap ones.

Haier Air Conditioner- HWX058C7 review

from Cedar Falls, IA

Comments about Haier 5,200 BTU Air Conditioner:

I am reviewing the Haier Air Conditioner-HWX058C7, this is an really good air conditioner. The Haier Air Conditioner-HWX058C7 is very effecient and works very well at cooling my place off. As a matter of fact, I own two Haier Air Conditioners HWX058C7 because they are so great!!! You can not beat the price of the Haier Air Conditioner -HWX058C7, it is excellent!! I also did not notice a huge jump in my utility bill while running the Haier Air Conditioner -HWX058C7 which is awesome! I do have one major complaint on the Haier Air Conditioner-HWX058C7 is that it is quite noisy and it is very irritating!! I called the company thinking that maybe something was hitting the fan or what not but found out that I am not the only person who has complained about this noise. Nothing is hitting the dang fan, it is just part of the cooling unit itself, argh how frurtrating!!! I am not sure if I would purchase the Haier Air Conditioner-HWX058C7 again unless they can do something about the noise level.

pretty noisey

• Air Flow:

Haier 5K BTU A/C does great job

from Pearl, MS

Comments about Haier 5,200 BTU Air Conditioner:

I have purchased 5 of these little Gems. Two originally when the A/C went out on a Saturday night in my son's house in New Orleans. They are very lightweight and cool down a 12X12 room quick. One of these first ones had the buzz, but I found out that if you shifted it slightly that went away (thought to be the internal blower hitting on the styrofoam divider). After the main A/C was fixed we put them in storage (just in case). Katrina came, and once again the units came out (cause the gen set wouldn't handle the Central unit). I bought another one, and the house was livable, if not comfortable during those weeks even in a NOLA summer. They stayed in place til Nov 2005, cause the power would fail for long periods of time, and they would work all at once off the generator. Units 4&5 are for the shop at home(MS), and that stand-by for MY house. At 120 watts apiece I don't see them as energy hogs.

They are not fancy, but they do their job well, and at a unbelievable low price.

Works well if noise isn't an issue

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Haier 5,200 BTU Air Conditioner:

I have to give this a low rating because I found the noise this unit made to be entirely unacceptable.  I bought this as supplemental AC for our living room (the big unit is in the next room over).  The plan was to trial it in that window, and if it ended up being quieter than the 5000BTU LG in the bedroom, to swap the two.  Unfortunately this unit makes an incredibly annoying buzz.  It's much more than the normal fan/compressor sound.  It sounded like there might be a mount loose on the compressor or the fan was hitting something, though I didn't open to find out. Definately way to loud to watch TV with. After one day's use, I brought it back to the store and returned it for a more expensive unit.

Because of it's price, I'd still use this unit in a garage or another place where noise is irrelevant but I find it way to loud for general household use.

this haier air conditioner doesnt work very well

from Spring Lake, NC

Comments about Haier 5,200 BTU Air Conditioner:

I purchased this air conditioner as a additional cooling system because my central air wasnt working very well.

I am slightly dissapointed because it wont keep 1 room very cool by itself.my central air was replaced and it does help to keep the central air from comming on too often.it helps me save a little money when i am not needing the whole house cooled.

Lovely little air conditioner

from Miami, FL

Comments about Haier 5,200 BTU Air Conditioner:

The Haier Air Conditioner - HWX058C7 is a really nice air conditioner and I love to use it everyday because it is so efficient. I know that I can rely on my little air conditioner in times of need because Haier had really made a good durable product. The Haier Air conditioner is really easy to use and I can easily regulate the temperature settings effectively. My previous air conditioner was not too reliable and I had a lot of problems controlling the settings on the air conditioner because that unit was an old unit and I tried to get it foxed but it never really worked properly. The Haier name is a good band because they have made good products in the past and this air conditioner unit is a really sturdy one that will last a long time. I do not have any problems with the sound of this unit as it is way better than my previous air conditioner which would wake me up at time due to how loud the noise from it was.

This Haaier Air conditioner is great

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

This Haier Air Conditioner is my pc's best friend

from Hampton, VA

Comments about Haier 5,200 BTU Air Conditioner:

I enjoy the quietness of the ac its small and effiecient. i use it all year round to cool my bedrom slash office and the results i get are phenomenal my computer doesnt over heat and it keeps me cozy great for small rooms and homes. try one you wont be disappointed!!

Great little Haier AC

from New Ipswich, NH

Comments about Haier 5,200 BTU Air Conditioner:

Worked great at cooling our tiny apartment.  Apart from the annoying buzzing sound ... I was impressed with the amount of cool air it pushed out!  This ran 24-7 for three summers before dying, I'd say that's pretty good for a lower cost AC unit!

the haier air conditioner is great when going from central air .

from Jackson, MS

Central Air Freak

When buying my first home, I was very dissappointed that there was no central air.

Plus, my air conditioner in my room needed to be replaced.  The owner installed a

new one. It was a Haier HWX058C7.

The Haier air conditioner was great.  My room is a master bedroom so it's larger

and I thought this is not going to cool my room.  I was wrong.  My guests are always

complimemting me about how cold my room is.  They say it feels the same as in my

old place.  It's quiet. It doesn't disturb my rest or my grandbaby when she visits

and sleeping in my room.

The Haier air conditioner HWXO58C7 saves on your energy bill.  It doesn't take

long to cool my room down, so I keep it set on  low speed and no.5 setting which is half

of it's settings.  Since moving into my home over 3 years ago , I clean the filter weekly,

and I still have the Haier.

works great good for small budget

from Caryville, TN

Comments about Haier 5,200 BTU Air Conditioner:

i own one of these air conditioners. the haier hwx058c7 air conditioner i use it in my home office and it cools very well . and the cost to operate it is very minimal would recomend it to anybody . would be really great for anyone on a small budget .like senior citizens .anybody on a small budget . or anybody who is trying to get a small bussiness going that dont have alot of money to spend did i mention the cost of the unit is very affordable