Other Refrigerators:
Mini Fridges
Haier
Haier 2.5 cu. ft. Mini Refrigerator HNSEW025

Haier 2.5 cu. ft. Mini Refrigerator HNSEW025

Pros

• Easy access (4)
  • Quiet (4)
  • Attractive (3)
  • Holds temperature well (3)

Cons

• Bad ice maker (3)

• Office fridge (4)
  • Small kitchens (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Avid cook (3), Casual cook (3)
    • Personal (5)

Low budget frigde

The fridge is small and portable, it is not costly, does not make noise and the design is simple.

It cannot hold a lot of things because it has limited space, the freezer compartment is very small. It does not consume much energy so you do not have to worry about the electricity bills.
However it doesn't freeze food rapidly, to get your water to turn to solid ice, you will have to leave it in the freezer for about two days.
It freezes things a bit but not too much, that does not mean that it will not freeze your icecream or chocolate. It is ideal for office use where you just want something to keep your water cool or you need to preserve your lunch till the next day or something like that.

It is durable, and cost friendly but it is not ideal for a large family or a big kitchen due to its small . The shelving is not customizable, it is fixed and immovable, you can keep a few tall things there. You can put it in the trunk of your car by yourself ( it is that light), it can be used at the camp, provided that you have a source of electricity and you do not have many things to preserve. It is good because it can be transported with relative ease.

It's good, but not great

My roommate and I have this Haier mini-fridge in my college dorm room. I suppose it is good enough for a college dorm, but I liked my old mini-fridge better. The layout is not space efficient and there is no flexibility as far as shelving. The freezer on it is good, but anything you put on the shelf freezes, even if the fridge is at minimum temperature. The door does not always close well. If you have anything on the bottom shelf of the fridge, it is hard to get something in the door also, although there is supposedly a space for putting things in the door. The door rack becomes completely irrelevant unless that is all you are using. The freezer is certainly superior to the one in my old mini-fridge of another brand. This one cools well and the freezer door closes properly. The freezer is a nice size. It is not too big, but it is also not too small like my last one was. It comfortably fits standard-sized ice cube trays. Basically, this is great if all you need it for is storing jelly and condiments and for making ice cubes, but if you want to have a carton of milk and a jug of apple juice handy, get something else. This should not be your primary fridge, even if you live alone. This would be great for keeping small water bottles or soda cans and popsicles in an office, but it really is not very good for using as a primary fridge. Last semester I had a different mini-fridge that was also 2.5 cubic feet, but it held much more than this one does.
As far as noise goes, it is fairly quiet. This Haier mini-fridge does buzz a little, but not enough to be distracting at all. It is barely noticeable and often just becomes white background noise. Occasionally it will makes some louder noises.
The temperature is fairly constant in the different parts of the fridge, but even though it is a small fridge, the temperature from the top shelf, just below the freezer, and the bottom shelf is very different.
Bottom line: Shop around. You can probably find something better.

it's small but a good use for small houses

from texas ,windy

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy Access
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Noisy

Comments about Haier 2.5 cu. ft. Mini Refrigerator HNSEW025:

in small and tiny work places

• Business
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

No frills refrigerator

from Merced, CA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Customizable Shelving
  • Quiet

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker

• 2nd Refrigerator

Comments about Haier 2.5 cu. ft. Mini Refrigerator HNSEW025:

I bought the Haier 2.5 cu. ft. Mini Refrigerator HNSEW025 as an additional refrigerator in my household, for storage in the garage. I spend a lot of time in my woodshop workbench in the garage, and it gets really hot in there during the summer months. Therefore, I was looking for a small-sized refrigerator that fits into my cramped workspace and where I could chill bottles of beer and water, and some cans of soda. The Haier 2.5 cu. ft. Mini Refrigerator HNSEW025 fits the bill perfectly. It is a compact and quiet refrigerator of sturdy build. One little issue is that it takes a very long time to freeze a tray of ice. However, considering that the freezer at the top is open and without a door, this is to be expected. Overall, for its price, the Haier 2.5 cu. ft. Mini Refrigerator HNSEW025 is a great second refrigerator in my household, and I would recommend it to others, especially those looking for a refrigerator that fits into cramped spaces.

It's amazing production, and I strongly recommend to buy

from libya

It's amazing production, and I strongly recommend to buy

I would recommend this product

from Indianapolis,IN

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Easy Access
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet

• 2nd Refrigerator

Comments about Haier 2.5 cu. ft. Mini Refrigerator HNSEW025:

I am a housewife and we have this kind of refrigerator in one of our bed room..we put water bottles,sodas,milk and other foods in there in case we don't have time to go downstairs.,makes it easy for me to give milk and food to my baby

Low budget frigde

from Outside US

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Easy Access
    • Energy Efficient
    • Holds Temperature Well
    • Quiet

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker
    • Limited Shelving Options
    • Not Cold Enough

It's good, but not great

from Joplin, Missouri

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Quiet

Cons

• Inconsistent Cooling
    • Limited Shelving Options

Comments about Haier 2.5 cu. ft. Mini Refrigerator HNSEW025:

Bottom line: Shop around. You can probably find something better.

A Great Refrigerator For A Man Cave, Dorm Room or Office

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy Access
    • Energy Efficient
    • Holds Temperature Well

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker

• College dorm
    • Wet Bar

Comments about Haier 2.5 cu. ft. Mini Refrigerator HNSEW025:

There are a couple of different sized mini refrigerators; one thing that you have to take into consideration is how important it is to have ice cubes. Some of the mini refrigerators only have a rectangular that's supposed to freeze ice cubes or other frozen treats. I've never had good luck with the freezer compartments working as advertised but the refrigerator itself holds its temperature, has ample room and can be moved easily.

The biggest con to this is the door; if you load it up and open it there is a chance that it could tip forward. The same thing goes for putting weight on the door when you are reaching in to get anything.

You can buy a can rack to use on the middle shelf to keep cans stacked up; this loads from the top and can hold ten cans. The shelves that come with the refrigerator are coated with white plastic; eventually the white plastic will crack and once that happens it will start rusting. That doesn't hinder the performance of the refrigerator but it can make the inside look a little worn.

Great under the desk.

from Florida

Comments about Haier 2.5 cu. ft. Mini Refrigerator HNSEW025:

Haier isn't a brand that jumps into mind when I think of appliances least it wasn't before I bought this fridge for underneath the desk in the managers office at some of the rental properties . I caught it on sale and after looking through it and seeing how much storage it had for such a little Fridge.

My two favorite aspects of it are the additions for storage in the door, keeping the cans secure and organized. Also the freezer section. It isn't that big but its big enough for a couple frozen meals. Which is really all you need to keep in an office fridge anyway.

It's compact and fits perfectly underneath the desk in my managers office. Her and I are both glad that this is the one that I purchased.

I bought it last fall and haven't had any issues with it at all. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a smaller fridge, something for an office, classroom or even a garage.

Great for the office.

Comments about Haier 2.5 cu. ft. Mini Refrigerator HNSEW025:

I like to keep a few items in the office; this mini fridge is ideal for just that. It has a slot on the front of the door where you can place six cans of soda which I love because I purchase soda regularly, so this allows me to save money from the vending machines. It also has a couple of slots on the door of the fridge, where I could put yogurt, bread, sandwiches, and a few other snacks that I like bringing to the office. The storage space is also rather large, allowing me to place food in the fridge so I do not have to purchase lunch every day.

Although it was a little more money than I expected to spend on a mini fridge, it has served its purpose well for a few years. It allows me to save money each week because I do not have to buy lunch daily, it allows me to maintain different temperatures based on what I place in the fridge, it has plenty of space for storage, plus it is easy to maintain and clean out a few times each week since it is a mini fridge.

Perfect little fridge

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Haier 2.5 cu. ft. Mini Refrigerator HNSEW025:

Our new house is quite large, so my husband and I decided we needed a small refrigerator for drinks and snacks in the sitting area upstairs. We purchased the Haier 2.5 cu. ft. Mini Refrigerator HNSEW025 and it is working for us perfectly. It is small and compact, so it takes up little space in the room. We can fit some drinks and small snacks in there so we don't have to run downstairs every time we want something from the fridge. It works beautifully for the kids, who have a playroom right beside the sitting room. This little fridge was inexpensive and roomy. There are several shelves inside to help organize your food and drinks. It is very quiet too, so you don't have to put up with that annoying hum that many refrigerators make. It keeps a steady temperature inside, so everything stays cold, but not too cold. And it is really easy to clean. We are very satisfied with this purchase, so much so that I am thinking about purchasing another one for my bedroom for drinks and such. If you are in need of a small fridge for snacks and drinks, this one is perfect. I highly recommend it!